Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Hey everybody, as you probably remembered, MM&FF agreed to do a write up on the Spring Zing 2006 event. What I need is magazine quality photos of all the winners (except for Best Troll of Show...sorry Barge ) from the Show N Shine. High resolution pictures are a must, but please size down the pictures when you post them. I need photos for the following people.

SVT & Overall - Wa2tuff
Non SVT - blu_fuz
Interior - M!key
Engine bay - Pole120
Forced Induction - Stazi
Sound System - SoundQSVT
Paint - DukeofSHO
ok
Jim, are you only interested in pics from S&S?
Originally posted by pole120:
Jim, are you only interested in pics from S&S?

Good qestion. Im going to assume they dont have to be from the event as long as they magazine worthy, but I'll double check with Jim Campisano from MM&FF. More details to come.
Get my hood in there... LOL! Now, better ou get higher quality bigger size pics emailed to you. Don't want to size it down too much.
Originally posted by xchang:
Get my hood in there... LOL! Now, better ou get higher quality bigger size pics emailed to you. Don't want to size it down too much.

Yeah, what im just saying is, post the potential pictures here that are sized and once we decide which ones are best, you can mail the big ones to me.
Gotcha, nevermind me...
good idea.
How about a picture of a mustang?
OK.. how about some magazine quality pics for myself

Originally posted by Mini-Chang 627:
How about a picture of a mustang?

Or better yet a Ranger
Josh should get a still of his burnout after the smoke was rollin out of the headlights for the magazine Title should read: Didn't think a contour could do that did ya???
THESE PICS ARE TAKEN WITH A 2.0 PIX CAMERA - IF ANYONE HAS HIGHER RESOLUTION PIX OF MY CAR PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME. THANKS!

Here are a few to choose from.... I am impartial, so any will work. I had a great time guys and I have waited 4 long years for an award like this and I appreciate the votes for my best non-SVT! Where can we get a copy of the magazine when these are published?

great pics joe! A shame those dates are on there though. Im really digging the first and second pictures. Im sure we could photoshop the date out since its over the pavement/grass. Shouldnt be too hard.
I'll try and get some done soon.
Stazi, I took some pretty nice pics of your car. I'll post em up tomorrow.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
great pics joe! A shame those dates are on there though. Im really digging the first and second pictures. Im sure we could photoshop the date out since its over the pavement/grass. Shouldnt be too hard.

I think we should go with the first one then and see about getting the date chopped out by mike.... I will ask him - JOE
Pre98, James and GrooveNerd took some exceptional pictures.
We gotta give our good ol' OR beer supplier some time to get home and post his pics.
Billdo has his own hiccups to deal with as well
Jim let me know if any of the requested pictures end up showing too much detail if you know what I mean- I'll chop out any and all paint/wheel defects.

In the meantime, I'm uploading my pics. Quite the task.
Got one decent engine shot today, all my full-tour pics turned out like ass....

Josh, the engine bay picture looks like a winner to me.
Josh, the engine bay picture looks like a winner to me.

shall i send you full-res?
yeah, go ahead and mail it to hahndojr@hotmail.com
I tied the hood up with an extension cord through the sunroof to get rid of the prop rod

Do we know what issue we're going to be in?
I sent Joe an email today. When he writes me back, I'll post more details.
I don't know what magazine you guys are talking about - i don't recognize the abbreviated letters... someone tell me please - JOE
MM&FF = Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords
MM&FF= Muscle Mastangs & Fast Fords
dam you Jim.
I have many, many more.. but these are what I wanted to post first..

And one of the Purple Pimps

Keep in mind these are horrid low res versions!

So many more to come. Will keep posting as they come along.
here's some pics I took today..before she started running bad . I have more if needed.

Got some decent shots today, but because of my paints condition all need some editing help.

Mirko and front bumper need help, reflection hides the hkey scratches well however

Paint chips in Mirko and front bumper

Paint chips in Mirko and front bumper

Rear section too dark...is it possible to lighten it up back there?

My favorite by far is the third one....
Just use either a magic marker or a black crayon on the bumper that usually works.
Josh send me your hi res photos and I'll get the chips/scratches out. I'll try and lighten up that one pic too.
Originally posted by Gr8 Po0ntour:
Josh send me your hi res photos and I'll get the chips/scratches out. I'll try and lighten up that one pic too.

need an e-mai laddy Billdo
Doh! pm sent!
dammnit Billdo wheres my headlight shots!! you got mikey's and not mine!!
I ment on the car Josh not the screen LOL
Here are a few I can contribute:

The Winner:

Non-SVT

Engine

I'll add a few others in the SZ06 thread in the pics forum.

I have these in hi res too... 2592x1944

Do you need other pics of my system? I can get you some (need to take them though...).

Jim, will any of my three photos work for the magazine or not.... they are pretty decent as far as pic clarity and such... JOE

If you can get the date off of them, youll be golden. Perhaps someone with photoshop can take them off for you.

Bob, I need some pics of your ride as well.
ok... I'll try to snap a few on Friday after work. Leaving Saturday morning on vacation for a week.

Bob, I need some pics of your ride as well.

Ok, took the pics of the system and got some good ones. I'll e-mail the ones you want soon (when I have a hi-speed connection... ).

Did you need a pic of the car as well or just some of the system?
I need a picture of the exterior as well.

Btw, Im still waiting to hear back from Jim at MM&FF. Ill have to shoot him another email on Monday.
I'm in Idaho, still on the way home. I'm about to leave the motel I stayed at last night, and I should be home tonight or early tomorrow morning. Gimme a couple of days to take care of stuff when I get home and go through the pictures from the S&S. I'll post some pictures when I get 'em sorted out.

Marty
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
I'm in Idaho, still on the way home. I'm about to leave the motel I stayed at last night, and I should be home tonight or early tomorrow morning. Gimme a couple of days to take care of stuff when I get home and go through the pictures from the S&S. I'll post some pictures when I get 'em sorted out.

Marty

daaang
Alright, i sent Jim another email and i got an auto response back saying he'll be out of the office until June 5th, so I guess we just wait until then.
Originally posted by Pole120:

This is by far my favorite and Bill was nice enough to fix it up for me. I'll send you the high res.

If you want to send them this one as well...contact Mikey for the high-res, as i don't have it....yet.

Originally posted by m!key:

Pst, hey, Josh.. the first pic is the original of the one I choppped
Pst, hey, Josh.. the first pic is the original of the one I choppped

I know
some pics. very high resolution available...

with a just a bit of editing both pics would be sweet.

some pics. very high resolution available...

with a just a bit of editing both pics would be sweet.

Don't wanna know much that interior costed you, but I'm interested
More than my car's worth
So is anyone else just picturing Marty(GrooveNerd) just sitting at his computer, waiting for all 1400+ pictures to upload? I can't take the suspense any longer! I want to see his pics!!!

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
So is anyone else just picturing Marty(GrooveNerd) just sitting at his computer, waiting for all 1400+ pictures to upload? I can't take the suspense any longer! I want to see his pics!!!

Mark

Hey jim! will my 2.0 megapix pix be ok for the magazine or no.... I was thinking of driving down by mikey for a little photo shoot but I have very little time - let me know - JOE
yeah, as long as you get the dates photoshopped out, they should be fine.
Jim,

did you get the pics I e-mailed to you?
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Jim,

did you get the pics I e-mailed to you?

Same here.
yes, i got them from both of you.
Hey everyone -- sorry for the delay in getting some S&S pictures posted! I've been working overtime and trying to catch up on things.

Anyway, here are some shots without any Photoshop or adjustments other than resizing. All are available in gihugical size.

I'll try to get more posted in the next couple of days.

Also, has anyone heard back if the magazine is looking for shots at times other than the actual Show & Shine? I can post some of them here if they are.

Marty
Marty, Jim from MM&FF has been out of the office until yesterday. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.
Nice pics of my car Marty - thanks!

Better than anything I could do.
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
Also, has anyone heard back if the magazine is looking for shots at times other than the actual Show & Shine? I can post some of them here if they are.

Marty

I'm going to say yes. If they are going to do an article on Spring Zing, I'm sure they'll want pictures of the entire event. Well, minus the go-karts.

Mark

I spy with my little eye Jess and Kim studying the Purple Pimps

Marty, pm sent too

Marty, pm sent too

Ohhh yeah and i spy her as wellll......
What did she say? Tell her to say it again, but this time with the accent!!!!

Marty, pm sent too

that's my arm on the left of the pic, what you didn't see is that I just got done hitting your car with that bottle gr8poontour..... j/k
Originally posted by Bk4293:

fah-q!
I pretty confident in 05 you had me mistaken with Elky's Jess. The accent is strong with that one.
she doesnt have an accent!
haha
hers is tainted because she lived in Missourah for a while

god dammn those rims are sooo sexy
Originally posted by blu_fuz:

Marty, pm sent too

that's my arm on the left of the pic, what you didn't see is that I just got done hitting your car with that bottle gr8poontour..... j/k

Waait. That's where those dents came from then!

jk
yep, I did it after the paintless dent removal guy left so you could have them for a long time....
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Originally posted by Bk4293:

fah-q!
I pretty confident in 05 you had me mistaken with Elky's Jess. The accent is strong with that one.

Nah Nah Nah...youre accent was deeper last year....
I would never talk about Jess......I have teabaggsaphobia!!!!
Alright, well Jim STILL hasnt gotten back to me. Im not sure if its just because hes been extremely busy, he hasnt been receiving my emails, or hes just been screening them. Either way, its irritating me. I'll shoot him another email today.
did he ever give you his phone number?
nope.
Alright, I sent Jim an email asking him if hes been getting my emails and this was his response.

Jim,

Yes I have, but I was recently promoted to editorial director of Muscle
Mustangs and six other Primedia magazines. Evan Smith is the new editor. I'm
no longer running the day-to-day operations of MM&FF. His email address is
evan.smith@primedia.com. I have been forwarding him the emails you sent so
he's up to speed.

All the best,

Jim Campisano
Editorial Director
Primedia
365 W. Passaic St.
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662

Not sure if this is a good thing or not since I wont be dealing with Jim anymore, but at least he finally emailed me back. Looks like its time to send Evan and email now.
Here's hoping for the best.
well, evan is going to be out of the office until the 19th.
He's probably busy doing some 1/4 mile testing on new cars. Evan Smith is a BEAST behind the wheel! 12's in a stock F-body, 12.2 in a stock 03 cobra.

Mark
sorry this hasnt been updated. Ive been in FL for the last 10 days. I'll see if I can make some progress on this.
Please do, I would love for this to happen... Keep on truck'n - later
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
Please do, I would love for this to happen...

<----- Look mark, you joined 5 days after I did and have 5X the posts, I thought I was sick, ha!

Y2KSVT
Addicted CEG'er
Reged: 09/30/02
Loc: Fort Wayne, IN

Got this today. Making progress.

Jim,

If you can provide me with quality hi-res photos and captions (action and
static) that go with the photos and summerize what went on in a few
paragraphs I can run something on it.

Evan

Evan J. Smith
Editor
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine
Primedia
365 W. Passaic St.
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662

That is very cool!
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:

That is very cool!

Mikey's got mad skills!!
http://fototime.com/{C203D849-8943-466F-B6E6-0127F3C6F441}/picture.JPG

Need more burnout pic
And less Mikey Boy in the spotlight... LOL!!

Ya but with a pic like that he earns it

does need more burnout, but I think it would ruin what he did there, it just looks so magazine quality already
Looks awesome but shouldn't there be pics from the show and shine. Pics from the actual event? If bought a mag. and it had and art. of an event I'd want to see the turn out etc. Strange to me to see shots taken of cars all over the country etc.
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

Ya but with a pic like that he earns it

does need more burnout, but I think it would ruin what he did there, it just looks so magazine quality already

I keed, I keed... It does look perfect the way it is.
Picture is indeed awesome BUT since this is representing Spring Zing and not m!key... Maybe consider using a main back round photo of the show and shine? Now that would be cool!!!!!!!!
definitely a cool pic, but I gotta agree with a lot of people here.
If anything, you'd think that best of show would be the largest pic out of all of them.
thanks mikey. the pic looks awesome!
Mike, not to be picky, but the class that joe won was best non svt, not pre 98.
Might I suggest these pics? (The 1st is so horribly compressed it looks awful, but look at the crowd! ) Full res available, of course.

I'm not a whiner or a nitpicker, but it'd be great to get the whole group into the mag somehow, no?
i like the first pic. And I think thats Hector in the middle of the picture that looks to be pretty excited hahaha. WOOOOOO!
i knew people were going to freak out. i wasnt even going to post this spread because of it. the pic i have is the only one that is big enough to fit in a magazine spread. people need to start taking bigger, better composed shots. lets put more effort into better pics and less into whining about who is in the spotlight of an article that is just designed for fun. yeah team!
Originally posted by Pole120:
Need more burnout pic

didnt you win best engine bay?
We were just under the impression the article would be covering all aspects of the event.

-It's a great design-

We're not bashing your creativity. At least I'm not. Why not a compromise? I could see more pics fitting on the outer edge of the text- if you slide it in 100-200 pixels or so, you could fit small pics of other activities that are the same dimensions as the other winner's pictures.

Just a friendly thought.. from one designer to another..
be my guest. i cant wait to see what you come up with.
I'm not challenging your work, Mike. If you saved the PSD file you could easily add a few more pics on the left side and it would still look great. Come on man, relax I'm just tryin' to help out.
WTH?!

I hate teh intarnet sometimes. No faces to read- just text. Sorry Mike.
i like the first pic. And I think thats Hector in the middle of the picture that looks to be pretty excited hahaha. WOOOOOO!

if your talking about the guy with his hands up that would be phil.
I vote for the full meet picture, with other pics to fill what wont fit.

It was a CEG meet, so it would be nice to get the whole shebang in there.
hey hey hey.... don't steal the glory from the show and shine winners....!!!! One page of the winners and maybe a half or quarter of a page for the event photo and contact information... Nice job mike - if your car was my car, my page would look like what you had put together too...
pictures have been submitted to evan via email. I wrote an article basically summing up the weekend as well so we'll see if he decides to use that. Hes out of the office until the 7th. I swear hes a hard man to get ahold of.
pictures have been submitted to evan via email. I wrote an article basically summing up the weekend as well so we'll see if he decides to use that. Hes out of the office until the 7th. I swear hes a hard man to get ahold of.

Did you included that Decepticon aka steeda was 5 hours late for the show and shine becuase he was puking his guts out due to doing multiple shots of god knows what?
Originally posted by Decepticon:

Did you included that Decepticon aka steeda was 5 hours late for the show and shine becuase he was puking his guts out due to doing multiple shots of man's milk

Yep! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to put that into the article.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Did you included that Decepticon aka steeda was 5 hours late for the show and shine becuase he was puking his guts out due to doing multiple shots of man's milk

Yep! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to put that into the article.

Mark

you SHUT your cock holster!

you SHUT your cock holster!

BUAHAHAHAHAHA
that has to be the funniest thing i have read all day!!!
I havent heard back from Evan so I sent him another email today. Surprisingly, I didnt get an auto-reply back and I got this a few hours later.

I've been overloaded and haven't scheduled it in the book yet.

Evan J. Smith
Editor
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine
Primedia
365 W. Passaic St.
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662

Its going to happen, but I guess we just need to keep being patient.
That's cool. Whenever it happens is fine by me! I just looked at my first MM&FF mag yesterday - not bad, lotsa mustangs, not many other fords though. Our cars would look great in it... - JOE
© CEG Archives