Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Congrats to all the award winners - 05/21/06 08:59 PM
Just wanted to say a final congrats to everyone who won an award.

Esp tom man you definitely deserved it this year, i couldn't help but keep looking at your car. congrats on both awards tom.

Best svt-Tom wa2tuff

Non-svt-Joe Blu fuz

forced induction-Stazi Anastazi

engine bay-Josh pole120

interior-Mike Mikeyboy

sounds-Bob soundQ(god i hope thats right)

paint-Matt dukeofsho

troll- derek(sp) bardge

best wax-Pete GTOpete

Best overall-Tom Wa2Tuff
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/21/06 09:26 PM
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/21/06 10:28 PM
Whats with the head shaking? mad becuase your 12 second EVO ran a 14?

Soo if your evo runs 12's normally barge must be damn close to elevens!

BTW for those who dont know.

Barge: 13.56 at 99mph
Hector: 14.01 at 96mph i think ?
Posted By: Barge Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/21/06 10:45 PM
Well you spelled Derek better than "Barge"

Anyway... I'd just like to thank all the little people who voted for me... I put a lot of time into my mods.

I'd like to thank
Steeda for letting me use his shop
Judge for his welding
Tim for having a girlfriend to inspire me and making an exhaust dump
Pete for jabbering in my ear while I worked
Stazi for taking 5 hours of my time 2 days before SZ :-P
Everyone who kept my mods secret until the show'n shine
and everyone else who I've forgotten to mention.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/21/06 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Decepticon:

if hector put the amount of money barge put into his car he would of also did better....

Now stop bring up the same old Bs and get back on topic or ill send you another shot of sauce.
Posted By: Airforce Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/21/06 11:33 PM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

sorry but hector this is your most pathetic poste ever.

And by the the way I want WA2TUFF'S SVT
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/21/06 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Shoe-In:

if hector put the amount of money barge put into his car he would of also did better....

Now stop bring up the same old Bs and get back on topic or ill send you another shot of sauce.

Ohh so thats the newest excuse??? Lame!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 12:00 AM

Ohh so thats the newest excuse??? Lame!

Thats it do you want Honey BBQ or Blazin
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 12:00 AM
are there pics of all the cars that won an award. I would love to see all the pics of the cars that won.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 12:01 AM
Sorry man i didnt take any once some pop up i will be sure to post them.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 12:11 AM
sweet, I cannot wait to see them.
Posted By: dukeofsho_dup1 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 02:17 AM
I like to thank my mom, my grandfather for teaching me, my wife for letting me go, my....(3hours later)....last but not least EVERYONE AT SZ)!!!!

I love it, I love it!!!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 03:49 AM
My fav part is The evo's didn't even come in Second. GTO pete did.. what does that tell you?

maybe if you start modding now you can win next year
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 04:02 AM
Whoa Tom one TWO AWARDS! HTF did that happen what'd I miss!
Congrats everyone and Tom on the Best of Show. I'll be back next year to defend though so you better get busy in the off season

Rick
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 01:25 PM
We need a Best Hood award... LOL! J/K!

Tom's car was spotless.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 01:28 PM
& biggest brakes award.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 01:30 PM
Didn't we have the break award before? We shoulda given that to Alex.
Ya, I supplied the broken bits award for the past 2 years after I won it in 02 for my stunt at Gingerman. I'll have to remember to revive it for next year.

Rick
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 02:04 PM
chang, your hood was noice! Thanks yall for vot'n for my purple pimpy palace - can't wait to see it in a magazine!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 02:37 PM
What about Lowest contour?

BTW there is a chip out of my mirko now

Mirko is 2 3/4"'s off the ground
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 02:57 PM
I'll go drop the coilovers and beat you out at 2.5"
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 03:16 PM
Ill cut a spring off the H&r's
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 04:37 PM
I'll beat all of you and take the suspension out and put 2x4s under the tires so they go higher up than the bottom of the car.... ha ha
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 07:33 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. It's great to be honored by the people whose cars and abilities I respect. It was a huge surprise to me and I'm extremely pleased. Thank you.
You shouldn't be too surprised Tom. You put as much thought and care into your car as the rest of us and it surely shows.

Rick
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Thanks for all the kind words. It's great to be honored by the people whose cars and abilities I respect. It was a huge surprise to me and I'm extremely pleased. Thank you.

Yeah, congrats Tom. Im glad to see you won!
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 09:56 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

Your car rocks Tom! The only green SVT there and it was immaculate. You definitely deserved "Best of Show".
Posted By: m!key Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 09:59 PM
i told you so!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 10:16 PM
My fav part is The evo's didn't even come in Second. GTO pete did.. what does that tell you?

You can stick 2nd right here. Pete only ran a 14.2.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 10:19 PM

For best troll! I was gonna send you a WRX owns joo shot but wasn't sure if you don't drink like Roger or not
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 10:30 PM
Quote:

Just to be fair,let me say this, on that day Derek had the faster/quicker car. The amount of money he spent doesn't count as some of the money didn't actually go into speed mods, ok. I don't like the amount of money spent thing, it is what it is. I'm not bustin your balls Kevin or even Hectors, lets not play that game with them. Now I do have a question though, how is that with all the work that both Hector and Derek have done to their cars, they trap under 100
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 10:40 PM
Cuz da track suxorz...
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Jager-bud120:
Cuz da track suxorz...

No, bad launches won't seriously affect trap speed, only 60ft and ET.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Rara:
Originally posted by Jager-bud120:
Cuz da track suxorz...

No, bad launches won't seriously affect trap speed, only 60ft and ET.

Maybe he was referring to the fact that the track itself sucks....not just the surface.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/22/06 11:53 PM
You mean the bump in the right lane at the 60 ft and the dip at the end in the left?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 12:17 AM

Thats awesome that pete got 2nd, sht i voted for him myself...

I think whats even funnier is that you wanted to know who came in 2nd ...dont hate steeda you know your an evo guy in heart .
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 12:19 AM

For best troll! I was gonna send you a WRX owns joo shot but wasn't sure if you don't drink like Roger or not

I would have drank it.

Posted By: Steeda. Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 12:22 AM

Thats awesome that pete got 2nd, sht i voted for him myself...

I think whats even funnier is that you wanted to know who came in 2nd ...dont hate steeda you know your an evo guy in heart .

i was told i didn't ask!

Im a SVT guy... But evo's are sick just obviously not as sick as a certian WRX. Just remember theres a mild price difference between a EVO and a WRX too
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 12:31 AM
Originally posted by tod "choco vag" ras:
You mean the bump in the right lane at the 60 ft and the dip at the end in the left?

YES....that was terrible.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 01:02 AM
I wonder if the timing equip wasn't off!?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 01:23 AM
Originally posted by 2MapOfTazisââ??¢:

Well Pete if you wanna go to Ubly, let me know when and we'll go. Hell, maybe the rest of Team Barge can go too, the more the merrier!

BTW Rara is right on target, trap speed isn't related to the E.T., so like I said, whats the deal with these two cars trapping under 100? This is why I feel there is something wrong with their equipment Think about it, a stock EVO was reported to run a 14.2@98 mph in the magazine I gave Hector and when you factor in his mods, it should surely be trapping in the mid 100's at the very least Like I've said before I'm no expert driver (although I did run that 14.8, Todd ) but I've driven enough cars and I know this, Hectors car is way faster than 96 mph in the quarter mile, hell, I trapped 94 and I don't think anyone, including all my "hairdresser friends" are going to say I'm only 2mph behind a modded EVO
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Originally posted by 2MapOfTazisââ??¢:

Well Pete if you wanna go to Ubly, let me know when and we'll go. Hell, maybe the rest of Team Barge can go too, the more the merrier!

BTW Rara is right on target, trap speed isn't related to the E.T., so like I said, whats the deal with these two cars trapping under 100? This is why I feel there is something wrong with their equipment Think about it, a stock EVO was reported to run a 14.2@98 mph in the magazine I gave Hector and when you factor in his mods, it should surely be trapping in the mid 100's at the very least Like I've said before I'm no expert driver (although I did run that 14.8, Todd ) but I've driven enough cars and I know this, Hectors car is way faster than 96 mph in the quarter mile, hell, I trapped 94 and I don't think anyone, including all my "hairdresser friends" are going to say I'm only 2mph behind a modded EVO

I could only trap 93 on Saturday. My usual traps are 96-97mph. It's pretty bad when you can't go WOT until 3rd gear, in a 200whp car!!!! The last time I ran a 15.3, was way back when I had the 2.5L, and my ONLY mod was a Bassani catback. Trust me, that was one fugged up track!

Oh, and this isn't coming from a track rookie. I've taken the car to the track at pretty much every stage of my car's history, on several occassions, other than with nitrous. But like I said, Jim and myself will be hitting Muncie Dragway in the next month or two, and we WILL be running a full second faster, if not more.

Mark

Mark
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 03:07 AM
I'm going again tomorrow night to my home-track....i'll report on my times....
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 05:08 AM
Well the one thing that can be denied is this, everyone ran on the same crappy track
Posted By: Barge Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 08:31 AM
The highest trap speed i've seen recorded on a stock turbo WRX is like 105.

I was hoping to crack into the 100's but the car has a lot left in it I think...

Of course I could slap on a bigger turbo and trap into the 110's :-P
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Congrats to all the award winners - 05/23/06 11:39 PM

I would have drank it.

I should hsve taken the Rolla!!!!

EVO's suck...Toyata Rules!!!!!
© CEG Archives