Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Okay, Roger is now officially coming and we need someone to go head to head with him during the Show N Shine for the best wax competition. He will be sporting Pinnacle and Klasse products. I need someone thats representing Zaino or Meguiars preferably. The car will be divided right down the middle with pinstripe tape so each person has their area to work with. A plaque will be given away to the winner. Im going to look into getting a small tent to keep the car under, to keep it in the shade. Any takers? I only need one person.
I only have 1 zaino product and 1 meguiars product..
What is the color and what kind of condition is the paint on the car in?

I don't mean to step on anybody's toes but I think that Meguiar's would be blown right out of the water when going up against Pinnacle, especially if the car was a darker color. I think that Zaino would be a much fairer matchp against Klasse and Pinnacle.

If you wanted to do a OTC battle (Meg's vs. Mothers) I would consider being part of this representing Mothers.

yeah, I need to be in a wax contest with Roger just like I need to be in an Aussie accent contest w/ Stazi . . .
Originally posted by SQLSVT:

I don't mean to step on anybody's toes but I think that Meguiar's would be blown right out of the water when going up against Pinnacle, especially if the car was a darker color. I think that Zaino would be a much fairer matchp against Klasse and Pinnacle.

If you wanted to do a OTC battle (Meg's vs. Mothers) I would consider being part of this representing Mothers.

Also, if I or someone were to go into this match, can they use say Poorboys Natty Blue wax against Pinnacle or Klasse? because poorboys would do MUCH better with a darker colored car...
Originally posted by GetLucky151�©:

Also, if I or someone were to go into this match, can they use say Poorboys Natty Blue wax against Pinnacle or Klasse? because poorboys would do MUCH better with a darker colored car...

I agree...I think Natty's Blue would be a good matchup against Pinnacle Souveran. Although, with money being no object I still would go with Pinnacle on a dark color.

Anyways though, I am not looking at this event as being a "mano a mano" competition as say a drag race is. But rather a chance to put comprable products on the same car to display what they look like so that those in attendance can make a more informed decision as to what would appeal to them when they want to detail their car.
We can do whatever you guys want. Im thinking right now that my brothers car will be used.. We just picked up the car this winter and its definetly in need of some paint care. Ill be sure to clay bar it before the event.
im gonna just wax my car and go off and meet and see other cars..lol..im not in to win
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
im gonna just wax my car and go off and meet and see other cars..lol..im not in to win

Me too
alright folks, Ive got a Zaino competitor.
This is going to be interesting. I can't wait to see the results
sorry man...but i want nothing to do with waxing of against roger...or any of you guys for that matter!
I'm looking forward to this event as I conducted a "how to" detailing seminar at our YEB at Skunkworks last fall, it was pretty cool as some in attendence actually paid attention This is going to a great oppurtunity to see what these products do inperson and then you can judge for yourself. Now we did something like this back at SZ02' I believe and my competitor was CEG legend Antonio Wright and if you ask anyone in attendence that remembers and they'll tell you this, Mequiars actually produced an actual difference compared to Zaino, seriously. What I heard afterwards was "the surface wasn't prepped", well, it appears the car is going to be washed and clayed by Jim himself, no slouch in the detailing department himself, so theres going to NO exuses...I hope

Heres the "Tale of the Tape" on my end:

-Griots clay bar and Griots Speed Shine
*I'm bringing the clay bar just incase*

-Klasse All in One (AIO)

-Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG)

-Pinnacle "Souveran"

The reason I'm using 2 different products is simple, caranuba gives you depth and you can't get that from an acrylic and you need to use Klasse SG to give the paint its "pop", something you don't get from a caranuba. I'd usually wait about 8 hours for the SG to set up, but for this I don't have that kinda time, so we'll be "winging it" Someone mentioned price, heres the run down on that for the record as well:

-Both Klasse products are about $50.00, give or take a couple bucks

-I paid $50.00 for my container of Pinnacle "Souveran", but it retails for $70.00. Its said that you can get 25 wax jobs out of it, so that breaks down to about $2.80 per wax job, not alot of money when you look at it like that Either way, I expect this to be alot of fun, informative and a general good time. Its a good way to put a face with a name, so make sure you introduce yourself and come by and say hello

BTW, who is my competitor Jim
Well, the competitor is 90% for sure coming. Ill let you know, or I guess he'll chime in when he registers.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Well, the competitor is 90% for sure coming. Ill let you know, or I guess he'll chime in when he registers.

Come on Jim, who is it

I remember seeing the Fusion and IIRC its that dark blue, right If so, great choice for the competition, although a T-red Tour would've been the best choice Either way, its going to be a good time had by all.

BTW, I'd like to let everyone know that in addition to what Jim is offering up to the person who wins best of show, I'm donating a 16 oz bottle of Griots "Best of Show" caranuba wax. Its 23% caranuba, non-silcone base and produces truely spectacular results (when properly applied and prepped) It needs to sit on the car for about an hour and then removed and remember, if you win/use it, apply it thin Good luck to those who will be in the running for that award!
the fusion is also black. But i doubt it will have enough swirl marks by then after going through weekly car washes.

I just offered my brothers black svt because I'll probably be the second person out there setting up and im sure youll want to get a head start after you get done detailing your car.

Btw, thanks again for the donation!
Ok, so we're detailing the recently acquired CSVT, thats cool If you could wash it the day before, we're all set as I don't mind claying the car myself, lets just hope the competition doesn't mind as I don't like sharing BTW, who is the competition, inquiring minds would like to know
I want a Pete vs. Rog match
Depending on the paints condition, that would be cool but I think I can speak for Pete when I say that if the paint is brand new, using a PC isn't going to net any better results other than getting the job done faster IIRC the paint on their recently aquired black CSVT is pretty good, I should know as I detailed it for the previous owner for the Ford 100 3 years ago. Either way, it would be cool to see Pete out for this, or any of our other gurus!
Originally posted by starjammir:
I want a Pete vs. Rog match

alright, ill break the news. The competitor will in fact be Pete. Let the showdown begin!
Can we get a run down of his "Tale of Tape" and also, are you using your PC Pete
He wont be using his PC. He wants to go head to head to keep it fair. Btw, I think Jim Baileys has a tent we can borrow.
Thats great about the tent Jim, as well as Pete not using the PC. Its not a race, this time, rather a comparison of products that some people have heard about and will now get to see work inperson. This way, they can determine for themselves whats best for them, although we're not going to be comparing "cheap" store bought products though are we I'm sure Pete can list the price of his products he'll be using as I did.

BTW Jim, remember to NOT clay the car yourself, leave that for Pete and I to do. Seeing that this is a comparison, all you need to do is wash the car real good before hand, I'll even apply the tire dressing Are we detailing the Fusion or the CSVT though
Detailing will be done on the CSVT. The Fusion is brand new, so no real need.

To be honest, I'd like to see a comparison between your stuff, and some mildly cheap stuff. Not the no-name brand stuff, but say, some lower end Meguiars. That way we'll be able to tell just how worth it that expensive stuff is. Oh well, you guys will figure it out.

Mark
Even though the Fusion is new it needs some attention, I'm sure of it. I bet if were to wash it and run your fingers across the paint you could feel the grit and besides that, the metallic in the paint can be brought with a "quality" product. As far as the CSVT goes, well, I'm not sure if "Z" is an acrylic like Klasse is, but I know this, the Pinnacle "Souveran" will make the paint look about 3 feet deep, something you get from a quality caranuba, I'm ready Afterwards we'll need some updates from Jim about durability to see how thats going
well, we'll see what kind of condition the fusion is in by then. Maybe it will have gone through enough mechanical car washes that it will have plenty of swirly marks by then. Either way, both are black cars. I tell ya what, my dads F150 is black and it has swirl marks galore. Its absolutely terrible. But I figured thats probably too big of a car to wax.
If I wanted to "win", I would break out the PC and put a spanking on you Roger.

I'm a gentleman with honor (so no PC) and view this as a educational session and a friendly competition.

I was disappointed to find out the test vehicle is black. Carnauba has the advantage there. Zaino's strength is not bringing out dark colors, but providing optical clarity - showing the true color of the car, not temporarily boosting it as carnauba does. Regardless, I'll give it my best shot.

No question about durability. Here's a simple test:
1. leave the black car w/ Zaino on one side and carnauba on the other exposed to the elements for a month - sun, rain, etc.
2. wash the car thoroughly
3. dry it off
4. use the hose and mist the car
5. Note beading qualities

Repeat a month later. And a month after that.

Result:
Each time Zaino will still bead water tightly. Carnauba will not be nearly as tight and lose beading qualities. The hotter the environment, the faster the it disappates. I've performed this test and Zaino has outlasted all comers.

The true test of whether a wax is still there are it's beading qualities - the tighter the beads, the more effective the wax. "Pooling" water is a clear indication the wax is done. That's long been known in detailing. Yet Mother's new lines claim that their products start out beading, but result in pooling. "Don't worry, the wax is still working" is their claim. So how do you know the wax is still there? Pretty shady in my book.

As much as I would like to mix and match brands to achieve optimal results, I will refrain and be using all Zaino products.

I'm looking forward to it Rog.
WOW! pete vs. rog what an event! great to hear you are coming pete.
Thanks for not breaking out the heavy artillary on me Pete and yes, caranuba, especially Souveran, will have an advantage for depth, no doubt about it. Maybe I should just stick with the Klasse SG to keep that part of it fair, but I'm sure theres going to be people ther who want to see what this Souveran can do, not everyday you get to see $70.00 wax in action

Now as far as the beading goes, well, Jim will keep us updated on that. I agree with you about the heat factor, especially on black, but your quality caranubas hold up very well as they're mixed with other items. I hope you don't think its unfair to use both SG AND Souveran, but I don't think either one of us is taking this too seriously, rather, like you said, a way to entertain and inform our community out there.

Someone mentioned something about comparing our "high end" products to the store bought Mequiars, well, thats up to Jim but we need to know for sure your going to represent that side, especially if you think the low grade stands a chance I've been there, done that and can honestly say this, Klasse will CRUSH Mequiars (still can't believe I say this now, but its the truth) So if want to step up, get ahold of Jim and lets see what he can come up with
Roger, As I stated before, if it was strictly about "winning" I would be brings the PC, Menzerna, Four Star and Natty's Blue. I felt a good comparison would be Carnauba vs synthetic. Let people see the initial difference, but also educate them in the pros and cons of both and the long term differences.

I agree that OTC products do not deliver, but I would be more than happy to step aside to allow someone else to use an OTC line to do the comparison.

Seeing as many CEGers are understanding and willing to try the "higher end" products and wanting to use and try products such as Klasse and Zaino, I think it would be a good comparison and "class" to show how to apply, how to use, etc. As many CEGers can attest, I'm very generous with my time in providing advice/suggestions, etc.

I have no qualms whatsoever in whatever you decide to use.
Woot! Pete is coming!
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:
Woot! Pete is coming!

Woot! To see Todd!
It appears that SQLSVT may want to join the frey, representin' Mothers and maybe Chip Foose can come by with his Mothers products

In addition to Roger and Pete "waxing off" on the CSVT using the likes of highly regarded products from Klasse, Pinnacle, and Zaino I think it would be cool to have a comparison of two store bought products (The established and very popular Meguair's NXT and Mothers new Reflections).

My only concerns that leave me hesitant in saying that yes abosolutely I want to be a part of this are that I would want to do the detailing as early as possible on Saturday so that I can spend time during the show checking out other people's cars and demoing my stereo to other people. The worst thing I could imagine is that while I am detailing the Fusion I come back to my car with a blown speaker, or something along those lines.

Jim would want to agree to having two cars being detailed at the show and shine also. I don't know if he wants to turn the show and shine into "Detail-Fest 2006"

Also, I believe that Pete owns a PC. It is a possibility that I could bring my PC, Because two PCS are better than one!
NXT vs Mother's Reflections/FX is not a fair comparison. NXT is a one-step product - Mother's line is not.

If you wanted to compare Mother's against another OTC product, it should be Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line.

I still want you to detail 1/2 my hood so that I can test it long term.
Jim would want to agree to having two cars being detailed at the show and shine also.

I can think of a black SVT that we could put up in the contest.

Mark
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
NXT vs Mother's Reflections/FX is not a fair comparison. NXT is a one-step product - Mother's line is not.

If you wanted to compare Mother's against another OTC product, it should be Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line.

I still want you to detail 1/2 my hood so that I can test it long term.

We will have to wait and see how Roger feels about this. I am not overly familiar with Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line. What product or products from this line do you feel would give a fairer comparison to Reflections?

I feel though that NXT and Reflections are about as fair of a comparison as there is. Both are OTC similarly priced high-gloss synthetic "AIO" type sealants that mimic carnaubas in their depth and wetness. The Reflections line also consists of "Top Coat" which is a hybrid synthetic polymer/carnauba product with no cleaners or polish that can be layered on any wax, sealant, or glaze. If I wanted to also use Top Coat then the person using NXT could also apply an additional coat or they could use a Meguiar's product of their choice to top the NXT.
I agree about the OTC comparo, but like Pete said, make it fair. It would need to be Mothers Reflection line vs. something like this from Mequiars:

-paint cleaner
-NXT
-#26 Hi-Tech Yellow wax or
Gold Class

I can honest say that I've never tried any of the Mothers products as I was a Mequiars guy back then, so I can't say anything good/bad about it. I'm going to say this though, those sweet Chip Foose cars are probably NOT detailed with Mothers though

So it seems we have a 3rd competitor, so now we'd need a 4th, someone carrying the Mequiars torch against Mothers. The cars will have to be compared to the halfs and not to each other as I'm sure the paint finishes will be in different states. In closing this will be alot of things, wax off, comparisons, live info-mercial (don't worry, I'm not going to be cooking chickens, spraying my bald head with any GLH, showing you what a toronado does to your intake or selling diet plans) but most of all it will be fun, so make sure you don't miss this out there, its a chance to see it up close and personal
Adding a second car and second tent and finding a 4th person seems like a more work for Jim, but that's his decision.

In addition, the two individuals waxing a new car will make it appear those products are superior to the two individuals waxing a 6+ year-old black car. Truely not a fair comparison for the two waxing the 6+ year-old black car.

Personally, I would like to keep it simple with Roger doing one half and myself doing the other. No offense to SQL, but CEGers know the two of us as long-standing veterans, our detailing knowledge and results over the years, and would be the preferred "head-to-head" using products that have clearly garnered the most interest - Klasse, Zaino - as evidenced by many people switching to the products. They have proven, tested histories as seen in data collected from detailing forums as well as being considered leading brands on many forums, and by magazines and independent testers.

My desire is still to have one half of my hood fully detailed by SQL with Mother's and to conduct long-term testing to be posted on CEG.

Just my .02 cents.
No offense to SQL, but CEGers know the two of us as long-standing veterans, our detailing knowledge and results over the years, and would be the preferred "head-to-head"

None taken, I chimed into this thread back when Jim first posted that if he wanted to do an OTC battle that I would consider being part of it. I chimed in recently because Roger PM'ed me suggesting that I throw my name into the mix. It doesn't matter to me. I really would just like to relax, check out other peoples cars and demonstrate my stereo at the show and shine, but being part of this wax-off also seems appealing to me.
I just want everyone to remember that I was using klasse before roger realized it was the holy grail
Regardless, you are not leaving SZ without providing a full detail of half my hood.
we can do 2 cars, but Jim Baileys is only providing us with one tent thats big enough to fit one car tops. I dont have the exact dimensions of the tent, but from the looks of it, it looked big enough.

But yeah, we can do 2, but the first team may want to start a bit early to allow time for the next car. Im not sure how long how many coats or how long it will take, but the judging will be around 3-4 PM. You guys can work it out between yourselves.
Steve, I dont think you're goign to want to be stuck detailing a car all day. I know when im going in for the kill, it takes me a good chunk of time.

I applaud pete and roger for taking the time to do it. Pete... make me want to be a zaino man :P ive been battling a buddy on this exact argument, so im interested in the results!
Regardless, you are not leaving SZ without providing a full detail of half my hood.

A full detail?

That would entail washing, claying, and assuming that your car is in excellent shape only having to polish once with a PC and a white LC polishing pad. Then I would have to apply Reflections Wax and Reflections Top Coat. Are you sure that you can afford all of this?

Yeah like I already told you before I will take your offer and detail 1/2 of your hood. I was offering to you that we could do it together so that you can experience the ease of use of Reflections, and maybe I will even let you buff off the wax with my ultra-cool cobra microfibers

All I am asking from you though Pete is that you respect me and appreciate what I am doing for you. I hope that you want me to detail your car for the right reasons and that you aren't using this as an opportunity to say, "Hey look SQL doesn't know what he is talking about---Reflections sucks because it doesn't last as long as Zaino." I understand that Zaino is more durable than Reflections, but I feel that there is more to judging a product than durability.
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Steve, I dont think you're goign to want to be stuck detailing a car all day. I know when im going in for the kill, it takes me a good chunk of time.

I applaud pete and roger for taking the time to do it. Pete... make me want to be a zaino man :P ive been battling a buddy on this exact argument, so im interested in the results!

Yeah, I would prefer to relax, migle and enjoy everyone's rides, but I love to detail. It will be time consuming, but it will be a good chance to get to meet and know Roger. (I hope )

I have almost conceded initial appearance. Carnauba will give a deeper look.

Here's a quick comparison of carnauba vs a syn like Zaino:

Durability:
The more a carnuaba'd car is exposed to the elements (sun, rain, etc) and everytime you wash it, it gets thinner and weaker. A syn doesn't have that issue.

Shine:
Carnaubas enhance the color, syns provide clarity to show the true color of your paint. The difference between carnauba and syn on a light colored car is almost non-existent.

Ease of use:
1. Carnauba is not easy to use - it does take practice. Syns are very easy to use.

2. Carnauba's can only be applied to paint. Syns can be applied to virtually any surface - headlights, taillights, rubber trim, glass, mirrors, wheels.

3. As carnauba wears away, you ideally should strip it all off and start over. Syns can be applied layer after layer.

4. Carnauba dusts and can get messy. Syns go on and is removed easily and is virtually dust free.

As I've said many times, "best" is different for different people. For a dark colored, garage kept non-daily driver, I would recommend a good carnauba like Pinnacle or Natty's Blue. For a light colored, 24/7 outdoor kept, hot environment daily driver, Zaino. It's up to the user to choose what best suits his needs and desires.

And it's the common (and often considered ignorant by knowledgable detailers) to claim that online products cost more. It lasts longer, you use it less so it costs equally or less.

A full detail?

That would entail washing, claying, and assuming that your car is in excellent shape only having to polish once with a PC and a white LC polishing pad. Then I would have to apply Reflections Wax and Reflections Top Coat. Are you sure that you can afford all of this?

Yeah like I already told you before I will take your offer and detail 1/2 of your hood. I was offering to you that we could do it together so that you can experience the ease of use of Reflections, and maybe I will even let you buff off the wax with my ultra-cool cobra microfibers

All I am asking from you though Pete is that you respect me and appreciate what I am doing for you. I hope that you want me to detail your car for the right reasons and that you aren't using this as an opportunity to say, "Hey look SQL doesn't know what he is talking about---Reflections sucks because it doesn't last as long as Zaino." I understand that Zaino is more durable than Reflections, but I feel that there is more to judging a product than durability.

I have no doubts that Mother's is easy to use - I've read nothing but positive things about that and it's immediate results. The fact that it's softer than a carnauba, which means it doesn't last as long is it's real weakness. If that's the case, then I'd rather use Natty's blue to finish off.

On a light colored car, nothing but a synthetic should be used. No carnauba should touch it. No reason. Almost identical appearance, so go with what clearly lasts longer. On a dark colored car, carnauba depending on environment. Using a carnauba in Arizona is pure stupidity. Dark colored, garage kept, not hot environment, non-daily driver? Hands down a nice carnauba. I could go on and on with examples.

By allowing you to even wash my car is demonstrating a lot of trust. Letting you wax it? That should tell you something.

I currently have over 200 bottles of various detailing products. What does that tell you about my desire to try different products?
The fact that it's softer than a carnauba, which means it doesn't last as long is it's real weakness. If that's the case, then I'd rather use Natty's blue to finish off.

The first version of Reflections introduced a few years ago which I find to be a fine product is a resin based product. I still have a little bit of this left actually.

The new version of Reflections which was introduced last year to be more durable and have a better appearance is a synthetic liquid polymer with mild cleaners. Reflections Top Coat is a hybrid polymer/carnauba without any cleaners or polish. It is not softer than a carnauba so I feel that while it's durability is not up to par with Zaino it is better than what you are giving it credit for.

And ohhh yeah, how are we going to wash your hood if we don't have a hose? If you would approve I could use Poorboy's Spray & Wipe on it, but that is totally up to you in that I don't want to feel that I am marring your finish.
jesus, enough of this just get a room and touch each other!
The new version of Reflections which was introduced last year to be more durable and have a better appearance is a synthetic liquid polymer with mild cleaners. Reflections Top Coat is a hybrid polymer/carnauba without any cleaners or polish. It is not softer than a carnauba so I feel that while it's durability is not up to par with Zaino it is better than what you are giving it credit for.

And like every product I have tested, it will get the same true long-term testing.

And ohhh yeah, how are we going to wash your hood if we don't have a hose? If you would approve I could use Poorboy's Spray & Wipe on it, but that is totally up to you in that I don't want to feel that I am marring your finish.

PB S&W is perfectly fine. It'll need a wash after a 10+ hours drive!
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
jesus, enough of this just get a room and touch each other!

I'm sure you would enjoy that!!

I'm bringing someone to take care of that anyways!
For the record Pete, my SVT would be the 2nd vehicle. Both my SVT and Scott's SVT are model year 2000, with black paint and in great shape. They might not be EXACT, but it's a close comparison.

Mark
Will the wax off include Chineseman coaching Pete & Roger, Mr Miyagi style?
Pete, I completely disagree with you about these caranubas and dust, its non-exsistant with Pinnalce and my S100, seriously! I also disagree about where you can apply caranuba as I always apply caranuba to my glass w/o a problem, as well as my headlights/tailights and wheels. Now I do completely agree about the layering of acrylics/syns, this is where Klasse SG not only "shines", but really kicks ass

Now onto the time involved with detailing half a car. If you think about it, it shouldn't take that long, so whomever does the second car, don't worry, its not going to take that long I should be able to clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG and caranuba half a car in about an hour and half. Let the games begin
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Pete, I completely disagree with you about these caranubas and dust, its non-exsistant with Pinnalce and my S100, seriously! I also disagree about where you can apply caranuba as I always apply caranuba to my glass w/o a problem, as well as my headlights/tailights and wheels.

Not saying all carnaubas dust - most do at varying degrees. Synthetics do not.

Carnauba on headlights is a no-no.
Carnauba on wheels? Mmm...completely disagree with that one, too.

Carnuaba also attracts dusts whereas synthetics do not.

Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Now onto the time involved with detailing half a car. If you think about it, it shouldn't take that long, so whomever does the second car, don't worry, its not going to take that long I should be able to clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG and caranuba half a car in about an hour and half. Let the games begin

My first SZ and dricing 600+ miles, I prefer to detail one half and then mingle/check out rides rather than detail another half.
I've never had a problem waxing w/ caranubas on windows and headlight/tailights, I do this to my own as well as my customers rides. As far as wheels go, well, if they're painted they should be taken care of like your paint

I understand you not wanting to spend all day detailing Pete, I don't either, but we'll be done in time to check out all the rides BTW, how many coats do you have on the GTO now? I've had my car alot longer than you, but I'm up to 46 and I haven't had the car one year yet, that will be in 4 days I mention this because someone mentioned the layering and I must say this, layering RULES
Why do you need 46 'layers' of wax?
You don't know me too well, do you Noone needs that much, but over time it does wear down a bit and besides, with todays protectants, its so easy to apply that it becomes second nature. Included in that total is about 4 clay barring too, not really a coat, but very necessary My car will be at SZ and not to brag, but the finish is amazingly wet, unbelievable
You can't see a difference between the two (carn v. syn) on headlights so why put the clearly weaker product on them?

Yes, treat your wheels like your paint, but there is no question you put synthetic sealant on them - not carnauba. You can't see a difference between the two on wheels so why put the clearly weaker product on them? Hit them headlights, wheels, glass with a nice sealant and get the maximum durability factor.

"Layering" carnaubas is debated, but most agree that it's not the optimal thing to do. It is commonly known that anything more than 2-3 layers in a given amount of time (about a month) is more than sufficient. Anything more and you are wasting time and money. I've also read a few articles stating that too many layers of carnuaba is counter productive. The common misconception is that "more is better", which is not the case - at all. There have even been some tests conducted to prove carnauba does not layer.

As for the GTO, I work two jobs 60-65 hours a week and just started detailing on the side. The dealership "detailer" swirled the hell out of it and caked every crevice with wax. I have had no time to do anything other than clean out all the caked up wax, clay it and wax the hood and roof to test synthetic vs carnauba. After about 7 1/2 weeks, the carnauba is starting to go and the synthetic is still holding strong. Unfortunately, my car wont be looking anything close to what I want it to.
Well Pete, with working that many hours, why do you even detail on the side. I mean your making good money with the overtime and if I got that kinda OT on a regular basis, I don't think I'd be doing that many cars, although I could pick the ones I'd want to do though

As far as the caranuba on the glass and tail/headlights, well I just hit it with that when I'm using that and actually I hit them with whatever I'm using. I'llbe driving home in the rain tonight, so I don't think I'll even be turning on the wipers Oh and BTW, blame me for the rain today, I washed (5) cars before I went to work
So did we find a 4th person for the wax-off?

Roger/Pete
Steve/?????

Mark
Someone can do my car if they really wanted to.
Originally posted by xchang:

"you know who" already planned on it - you didn't need to ask.
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Originally posted by xchang:

"you know who" already planned on it - you didn't need to ask.

Everyone, keep your GAss Holes covered this year! It's.. it's... ELKY!
© CEG Archives