Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Just a reminder that on April 18th, Spring Zing registration will be raising to $40. Perhaps more importantly to some of you, April 18th is the last day to get the group rate of $69 per night at the Comfort Suites hotel. After that it goes back up to $94.50 per night.

Spring Zing is right around the corner. Only one more month to make your hotel reservations at the group rate! Get your money in now and save yourself the $10 registration fee. Btw, I'll probably be ordering the t-shirts here within the next few weeks. If you want something other than an XL, i suggest getting your money in before then.

If you need to find a hotel buddy, your more than welcome to post something here.
i think we have a room?
Reserved room TODAY!
I want to go!! someone who works at the airport hook me up with a plane ticket.. I WANT TO COME SO BAD!!!!
Originally posted by Tourige:
I WANT TO COME SO BAD!!!!

Dirtiest Quote of the Week!!
Anyone want to share a room with 2 other guys?
Originally posted by 00_HO_Contour:

sausage fest!
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

sausage fest!

Care to split the cost of a hooker?!
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

sausage fest!

Care to split the cost of a hooker?!

you want front or back?
well, with three of you, you could make her airtight!
Originally posted by ElKy:

Where is that banana pic now?

Elky we just need you and we could have some DVDA!
BTW what about bananas!?

wanna buy me a plane ticket?

U-HAUL or equivalent?

It's only ~1700 miles one way. Just pack a cooler, and a bunch of CD's, and you'll be here in no time. Mapquest estimates 30 hours. Not too bad.

Mark

Ok, but seriously though. Who wants to split the cost of a room?

Ok, but seriously though. Who wants to split the cost of a room?

I may be down. Depends on whether I talk JD into coming to SZ!
i'd offer to share a room, but i snore like a mofo.
Originally posted by MxRacer:

i've got two thumbs and a penis. plugin' holes, snoring gone

~Andrew
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

~Andrew

er...
note to self...stay the fugg away from Andrew...
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

~Andrew

er...
note to self...stay the fugg away from Andrew...

I think he's thinking the same thing about you...
52 people? Is that all we can muster for SZ06? We had 77 registered last year, and I was expecting more for 06! What's the holdup? I know Goonz, you're waiting on a refund, but what about everyone else? But but but NO! $30 is less than the cost of a tank of gas! Get yourself registered, and reserve a hotel room. I'm done with the excuses of why you CAN'T make it! The only posts I want to see, are those that say "I will register on XX/XX date!!" Jim and I don't want to play a guessing game as to how many people will register at the last minute. If we have to guess, then you'll have to guess whether you'll get a t-shirt or banquet meal. I want to see a minimum of 75 people registered by April 18th!!

Mark
your right this is getting pretty stupid

ask anyone who has gone and if they have had a good time and the answer will be yes ...

ask anyone how hasn't gone and has ended up regretting not going and the answer will be yes ...

Spring Zing is about the people who have come together because of this car, so come meet the people that you have known for some of us years now and have a good time ...
Originally posted by BrApple:
ask anyone who has gone and it they have had a good time and the answer will be yes ...

I had a blast
MI people that haven't registered that WILL 90% go.

-Scott biggers (biggSVT)
-JD Secorski (5speed3.0SE)
-Tim (contourpower)
-Mike westrate (eurotour)
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
52 people? Is that all we can muster for SZ06? We had 77 registered last year, and I was expecting more for 06! What's the holdup? I know Goonz, you're waiting on a refund, but what about everyone else? But but but NO! $30 is less than the cost of a tank of gas! Get yourself registered, and reserve a hotel room. I'm done with the excuses of why you CAN'T make it! The only posts I want to see, are those that say "I will register on XX/XX date!!" Jim and I don't want to play a guessing game as to how many people will register at the last minute. If we have to guess, then you'll have to guess whether you'll get a t-shirt or banquet meal. I want to see a minimum of 75 people registered by April 18th!!

Mark

whew! you guys are starting to get pretty aggressive about this! Are you guys getting low on funds and starting to sweat or something?
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

Mark

whew! you guys are starting to get pretty aggressive about this! Are you guys getting low on funds and starting to sweat or something?

Fast fords will be there and they want to give them a good show!

It's only ~1700 miles one way. Just pack a cooler, and a bunch of CD's, and you'll be here in no time. Mapquest estimates 30 hours. Not too bad.

Mark

I wish i could do it, but thats SOOOO far, it would take me a week to drive down and a week to drive back, plus it would be hella KM's on the car.

Mark

I wish i could do it, but thats SOOOO far, it would take me a week to drive down and a week to drive back, plus it would be hella KM's on the car.

read above comment, it isn't about the distance or the miles put on the car its about the people ....

we from New England that are going are driving 14 to 16 hours straight with stops which is about 900 miles each way ...

Mark

lol, no were fine on funds. I just want to make sure its a good turn out. MM&FF is doing a write up on the event and I dont want it to be a dud. Not to mention, Mark and I need to know a good estimate for tshirts and the banquet meal. Once both are placed, neither can be changed later.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
MM&FF is doing a write up on the event and I dont want it to be a dud.

awesome!! congrats on that!
You guys know people wait until the last minute. Heck some just showed up last year err maybe Detroit. I told a few people they could still eat because we'd have enough food. Oops!!!
Originally posted by BrApple:

Mark

read above comment, it isn't about the distance or the miles put on the car its about the people ....

we from New England that are going are driving 14 to 16 hours straight with stops which is about 900 miles each way ...

you do realize i live on the west coast of Canada right? well... not the coast, but comparing Alberta to New England.. whole diff ball game. And dont get me wrong, id love to come and meet people and checkout all the cool cars and just hangout.

Nope, the funds have nothing to do with it. The dyno is covered, which is the only thing we had to have $XXX amount for. I negotiated with the hotel, and the banquet room is FREE, since I told them we'd be booking quite a few rooms. As for the t-shirts, door prizes, awards, and banquet meals, that's all paid for with your registration. So we set aside $XX for each item that you get, out of your $30 registration fee.

We've got pleanty of good reason to talk up Spring Zing, and get you guys motivated. We won't hesitate to say that we're putting on a damn good event. It's ONCE a year, and we've cut your costs to an absolute minimum. We've talked CEG up to every sponsor, and have gotten a lot of awesome items to raffle off again this year. Can you imagine the difference in $$$$ that will be coming in if we had 100 people, as opposed to 52? Remember, 100% of this money is going back to CEG, and CEG is the reason we do this.

From what I've seen, there are a lot of people "on the fence" with whether they'll be coming or not. I'd rather talk it up and promote the event, than sit back and hope people show up. And like was said, Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords has agreed to do a write-up on Spring Zing 06. I'd love to show them, and their followers, just what a kickass group we have. Sure we don't all have Mustangs, but we know how to have a good time! When else are you going to gather with people from all over the country, that share the same interests as you? This event is something a lot of people look forward to, and something we've worked hard on putting together. I'd just like to see as many people enjoy it as possible.

Mark
1128.9 miles for me to get there
I drove further than that last year Not a good excuse. GO!
Im going for the sheer fact that Im gonna kick mark knox in the junksack~!

Plus last year was fun as hell, and its nice being around a bunch of other dorks who like contours.... trust me your friends will love it that you can get some of you 'contour crap' off your chest.... because they dont Give a F.
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how true how true.
bump...2 weeks people!
must remember to send money for friend!
Imagine going home with a free set of headers and "respect"

Lemme spell it out:
Go
to
Spring
Zing

Thank you.
Originally posted by Pre98:
"respect"

BiiiiiiillllllllDoooooooooooo

Mark

Im signed up b!tches!
"respect"

BiiiiiiillllllllDoooooooooooo

Yes Kim?? Oh, Right! I'll be right over.
Who wants their car in MM&FF?? I Do!! Come on guys!! Get that money in! Lets make it better than last year.
Originally posted by LoadedSVT:
Who wants their car in MM&FF?? I Do!!

Me too!
Who wants their car in MM&FF?? I Do!! Come on guys!! Get that money in! Lets make it better than last year.

I sure as hell hope i do.
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Who wants their car in MM&FF?? I Do!!

Me too!

+1
Check this month's issue of MM&FF. Spring Zing is listed in the upcoming events. Check it out!

Mark

Do you think they will include my Evo?
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:

I sure as hell hope i do.

word
Is Slow Fords coming too?

<-
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:

<-

not if you drive up in that subie
Who wants their car in MM&FF??

Mine just was.

<-

your sn reminds me of that family guy episode "..optimus prime is jewish.."

<-

LMAO!! I love family guy!!!
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:

<-

LMAO!! I love family guy!!!

I love it when I see a new post in this thread, and it's actually someone saying they registered. Enough with the BS, I want people paying the $30 now!

Mark
Your attention please...

I have registered to attend Spring Zing '06.

I won't arrive until late Friday (can't leave until after work) but I'll be there for the Saturday activities, including going for "Best Sound System".

If anyone wants a demo of the system, just ask. I'm more than happy to give them all day if need be. (will there be power to plug a battery charger/power supply into if I need it?) Bring your own musical selections or use mine, doesn't matter to me. Just remember, to listen means you will be seated inside the car, not just standing around it.

See you there!!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Your attention please...

I won't arrive until late Friday (can't leave until after work) but I'll be there for the Saturday activities, including going for "Best Sound System".

If anyone wants a demo of the system, just ask. I'm more than happy to give them all day if need be. (will there be power to plug a battery charger/power supply into if I need it?) Bring your own musical selections or use mine, doesn't matter to me. Just remember, to listen means you will be seated inside the car, not just standing around it.

See you there!!

Those Walmart special $20 DUB subwoofers must be doing pretty good then eh?

J/K, I'll have to take you up on one of those spots
Only 1 more week people. Get your money in!
Your attention please...

See you there!!

Good deal Bob, now I won't feel like the only car stereo nut there And I can't wait to have a demo of your stereo.
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
Your attention please...

See you there!!

Good deal Bob, now I won't feel like the only car stereo nut there And I can't wait to have a demo of your stereo.

You do realize im gonna be there.
Originally posted by Decepticon:
Your attention please...

See you there!!

You do realize im gonna be there.

Yeah I know, but what kind of stereo can you put on a 4cyl?

oh snap!

there will be a few car audio guys there. and apparently at least one deceptitool.

oh snap!

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
HAHAHAHA

I sure i can work something out...

I put a Clarion Pro Audio deck, 2 6.5s and 2 Stroker 15's with 3 optima's on my Craftsman lawn mower..

ya im that cool!

If anyone wants a demo of the system, just ask. I'm more than happy to give them all day if need be.

To those oof you who haven't heard it...all i can say is
HAHAHAHA

I put a Clarion Pro Audio deck, 2 6.5s and 2 Stroker 15's with 3 optima's on my aunt's Craftsman lawn mower..

ya im that cool!

Edited for accuracy.

Mark
HAHAHAHA

I put a Clarion Pro Audio deck, 2 6.5s and 2 Stroker 15's with 3 optima's on MY in 1996 Craftsman lawn mower..

ya im that cool!

Edited for accuracy.

Mark

Edited for accuracy.
HAHAHAHA

I'm a tool... blah blah blah blah blah blah..

ya im that cool!

Edited for accuracy.

Mark

Edited for accuracy.

Edited for what everyone else reads.
Originally posted by Dr. Frankenbarge:
HAHAHAHA

ya im that cool!

Edited for accuracy.

Mark

Edited for accuracy.

Edited for what everyone else reads.

lmao!!! god it's a good thing steeda has a sense of humor.
HAHAHAHA

ya im that cool!

Edited for accuracy.

Mark

Edited for accuracy.

I'm in love with Paws!!! PAWS!! PAWS!!! PAWS!!!

Edited for what everyone see's when you post
HAHAHAHA

ya im that cool!

Edited for accuracy.

Mark

Edited for accuracy.

I'm in love with Paws!!! PAWS!! PAWS!!! PAWS!!!

Edited for what everyone see's when you post

hey hey hey... don't make fun of well-fed.
6 days!!!
6 days!!!

shizzaa!!
6 days!!!

shizzaa!!

scheizer?
Only 3 more days people!
2 days!!!!!

Mark
This is the last day folks! Save yourself some money and get a hotel booked and registration in!
3 hour to deadline!
Payment sent -- hopefully under the wire! It's only 11:42 PM here. W00t!

Marty
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
Payment sent -- hopefully under the wire! It's only 11:42 PM here. W00t!

Marty

LOL, only because you're driving here from Oregon, will we let that $10 slide.

Mark
Psh I know two more people registering, stupid procrastinators pay the piper!
Thats pretty awesome that the deadline is on a Monday. I would have registered yesterday but I wont have any money until Thurs. when I get paid. Some of us don't have large car budgets, sorry. I wasn't expecting to put $150 into the Tour this weekend so registration is just gonna have to wait. What exactly is the reason for the price hike for Registration again? Watch who you're calling stupid Rob.
Originally posted by YaaaarrroTour:
Watch who you're calling stupid Rob.

I was refering to the two people I know of...
Thats pretty awesome that the deadline is on a Monday. I would have registered yesterday but I wont have any money until Thurs. when I get paid. Some of us don't have large car budgets, sorry. I wasn't expecting to put $150 into the Tour this weekend so registration is just gonna have to wait. What exactly is the reason for the price hike for Registration again? Watch who you're calling stupid Rob.

Well, we posted on 11/8(Yes, over 5 months ago) with Spring Zing information and what the deadline was. Some people registered the same day, and some decided to wait until after the fact. All of the information is in the thread above this, but I'll say it again. The cost went up from $30 to $40 for registration. The reason for the price hike, is because now it's going to be a guessing game as to how many meals we have to order. We also had to place our orders for t-shirts and lanyards. We have deadlines that we have to meet also, so the hike in price covers the cost of anything we couldn't plan for with on-time registrations. The hotel cost went up from $69 per night to $94.95 per night. Sorry if this was a huge surprise to you.

Mark

Are you freakin kidding me! Who had to put iridium plugs in a figgin Contour? You said you wanted to wait when I called. I'm honestly shocked you just typed all that out. You couldn't come up with the $25 that has been touted for like 1/2 a year. I paid like 11/8/05. I know a few ppl that are willing to take a coilover setup off your hands for a few pennies.
Last year, I had to make order a second round of tshirts since people waited last minute to register. Unneccesary shippings costs had to be paid. Not to mention this year, the guy that parkedcar gets the shirts made from, has gone to part time and is working slower than normal, and I certainly dont want to have to put in a rush order because people waited a couple weeks before the event. Also we had to order more meals than people since Venice Catering needs to know in advance how many meals to bring. Again we had to play this guessing game and pretty much waste money. Once the order is placed, meals cannot be added or subtracted. Most importantly though, the price jump is an incentive for people to register early.
There is still one spot left in my hotel room if anybody still needs a place to stay
There is still one spot left in my hotel room if anybody still needs a place to stay

If you don't mind, i would love to fill that spot.
Ok, loving to fill "that spot" in a hotel room with some other guys.. to you
Ok, loving to fill "that spot" in a hotel room with some other guys.. to you

Was thinking the same thing.. Then realized that I'm not staying at the hotel, and what goes on in that hotel room is none of my GD business.

Mark
I wanna go, but I blew my life savings on Arby's last year and still havent recouperated!!!

BAN RAWBURT AGAIN....BAN RAWBURT AGAIN!!!!!
Originally posted by Bk4293L:
I wanna go, but I blew my life savings on Arby's last year and still havent recouperated!!!

lol
aww rawburt

and Arby's is stinky.
Is it sad though that I've been totally craving Steak and Shake lately?
I can't believe there's one on practically every block in that area!

lol
aww rawburt

and Arby's is stinky.
I can't believe there's one on practically every block in that area!

Mmmmmmmm frisco melt and doublt chocolate chip shake! Makes me run to the sh!tter just thinking about it, but it's soooooo good.

Mark

lol
aww rawburt

Thats not funny!

Ok maybe a little bit!
Maybe we should have a SZ eating contest... I'm game.

Damn you Kim, I'm hungry for Steak and Shake now. But I can't go because of all these DVDs!!

Oh which by the way, will definitely be shipped out Monday. I got plans tomorrow (today) morning with the fam that I didn't find out til tonight, so I won't be able to take them to USPS.
Originally posted by AznSZBanana:

Depends. What's on the menu.
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:

whatever's in Elky's can...
MMMM Frisco Melt from Steak & Shake!

I think people here are more concerned with what is in your box.

Mark

Mark

~Andrew
lol good ol' Mark, always blunt and to the point.
lol good ol' Mark, always blunt and to the point.

Originally posted by Little Nickie:
"Is this baaaad?"

Mark

Another shiitting good reason to go to Spring Zing

Their food=

Mark

hey mark..why you so interested in Cobra?
you got a thing for him?

hehe

Their food=

Just thought I'd let you know, that this thread set me over the top. Just ran down to Meijer to pickup some car junk, and stopped at Steak n' Shake on the way home. Frisco melt, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Mark

Blazin' wings from B-Dubs!
you suck..i want steak & shake!!!!

Their food=

Just thought I'd let you know, that this thread set me over the top. Just ran down to Meijer to pickup some car junk, and stopped at Steak n' Shake on the way home. Frisco melt, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Mark

just had some steak-n-shake last night myself. i have 3 of them within 5 miles of me

~Andrew
Originally posted by Tong Po:

Their food=

Mark

just had some steak-n-shake last night myself. i have 3 of them within 5 miles of me

~Andrew

you suck too!
Originally posted by ElKy da Stalker:

Their food=

Mark

~Andrew

you suck too!

i thought SnS was a nationwide chain?

~Andrew
Originally posted by ElKy da Stalker:

Their food=

Mark

~Andrew

No, we don't haqve them down here....

you suck too!

i thought SnS was a nationwide chain?

~Andrew

no one wants to bring their shiz to NE, especially not cow hampsha.
This area just finally got some Quiznos about a year ago.

you're bastards, all of you!
i wanna go to hampsha.
Hmmm I think I will have to try this Steak and Shake place when I come to SZ, I have never heard of it.

Aaron
They're definitely worth trying. We don't have them here either (closest is Beloit WI-IL).
How close to a Sonic will we be? We have ads here in Michigan for them all the time but the closest one is 150 miles away in IN! Their shakes looks SO good.
How close to a Sonic will we be? We have ads here in Michigan for them all the time but the closest one is 150 miles away in IN! Their shakes looks SO good.

We had a Sonic, for about 2 years and they shut it down. I went there once to find out their food sucked. Should have kept the Don n' Suds that was there before.

Mark

We had a Sonic, for about 2 years and they shut it down. I went there once to find out their food sucked. Should have kept the Don n' Suds that was there before.

Mark

we had a Dog-n-Suds for about 3 years and then Sonic bought the building and they were there for about a year. then they went out of business. Sonic's food was horrid (smoothies rocked though). dog-n-suds > sonic

~Andrew

Their food=

Mark

~Andrew

My wife and I just ate at Steak n Shake Saturday for dinner. Vegetable Beef soup, then a Dbl Steakburger w/ cheese and fries, and a Chocolate shake.

We have a bunch around here, including one about a 30 second drive from my office.

yeah, i've always wanted to hit up a sonic. oh well. and steak and shake is highly overrated. but at least you can get seated there.
© CEG Archives