Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: buttersSVT stupid question - 03/12/06 01:09 AM
if you sign up for spring zing do you have to enter your car in the shows? mine just looks to OE sept for the height
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: stupid question - 03/12/06 01:30 AM
it's free and you never know who might vote for you (besides yourself) I think the same people will win as did last year - there is what you call a "click" with the voting and who gets voted for.... all the winners will be out of 10 cars and you will know when you see them.... - but it is fun to vote for yourself because at least you and your car know that you are a winner (I voted for myself)
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: stupid question - 03/12/06 01:39 AM
you dont have to be, but you might as well just park with the rest of the group in the show n shine. And if your gonna park with us, you might as well just enter in a class. It doesnt hurt. Plus its just cool representing the club. The Show N Shine is held right next to a major road which draws a lot of attention imho so you might as well represent Spring Zing. Just because your near stock doesnt mean you still cant win an award like best paint or best engine bay, neither of which have to be modified to win. Personally, Id vote for a stock paint job thats absolutely blinging or a stock engine bay thats has not one spec of dust compared to a custom paint job with mediocre paint quality or a done up engine bay thats filthy. Although, beating wa2tuff for best engine bay is going to be pretty tough. Regardless, its all about just hanging out with the group and having fun.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: stupid question - 03/12/06 02:02 PM
SZ show and shines have never been about winning trophies, even if they are now being awarded.

You're attending SZ because you love your car - same reasons you joined this site. The show is just that, a show of the car you love so much.

Posted By: Pre98 Re: stupid question - 03/12/06 11:57 PM
Agreed.

I thought about not representing mine this year, but I've made it MY car so why not show it off? Hell, BSOELMAN was rockin' a busted fender for the show n shine!! He still showed off!
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 12:06 AM
Agree as well...I wasnt gonna enter but Jim talked me into it anyway!
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 12:22 AM
I attended my first SZ last year and it was a blast. If you are letting the Show & Shine leave you on the fence whether you want to come to SZ or not, don't let it.

Spring Zing is all about getting together with people that share an interest in the contour/mystique and having fun with them. Besides, I would be proud to show off a stock Contour SVT, and you should too.
Posted By: m!key Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 03:34 AM
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
there is what you call a "click" with the voting and who gets voted for.... all the winners will be out of 10 cars and you will know when you see them....

wow, somebody is a spoiled sport. you would think you owned the purple palace or something.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
there is what you call a "click" with the voting and who gets voted for.... all the winners will be out of 10 cars and you will know when you see them....

wow, somebody is a spoiled sport. you would think you owned the purple palace or something.

No joke. Like there's a select 3 of us that vote. NO! EVERYONE VOTES! I'm sure Rick didn't know 1/2 of the people personally, that voted for his car. People vote for the cars they like, simple as that.

Mark
Posted By: Frosty Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 02:55 PM
I wasn't gonna enter cuz of the same reasons...my CSVT i'm getting or my SE are not show-stoppers. Yeah, they look good, but there's way better out there, so why enter? Then I thought about it and since i'm gonna be showing, might as well enter anyways..who cares if i don't win? I would still be reppin CEG
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 03:00 PM
There may be some misconceptions about the show and shine. The process is not like a proffessional car show. Its just all of us looking around and talking cars, its not some uptight show with scheduled viewing and all that (at least it wasnt last year). Its so laid back, everybody should enter no worries.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
There may be some misconceptions about the show and shine. The process is not like a proffessional car show. Its just all of us looking around and talking cars, its not some uptight show with scheduled viewing and all that (at least it wasnt last year). Its so laid back, everybody should enter no worries.

x2
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 03:12 PM
Exactly. This is why I was opposed to the trophies in the past, but a lot of other people were really interested in the idea.
Don't be intimidated by other people's cars or feel pressured to have to win some sort of trophy.
It means nothing.

We're driving all those miles to enjoy our cars.
If you don't want to park your car in a line with all your peers at an event focussed on the cars, then why bother showing up at all?

The numbers of cars at a show are what impress me the most, not best paint, best whatever.

We need some Lane parking lot pics of past SZ's to boost some of these people's spirits, I think.
EVERYONE showed, and it was an awesome site to see.

Posted By: RawBurt Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 03:20 PM

Posted By: buttersSVT Re: stupid question - 03/13/06 06:21 PM
cool cool im definatly puttin the frosty on the line, all those cars will be a nice sight for shure
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: stupid question - 03/20/06 08:42 AM
last year was my first spring zing, and i'm glad i went. finally i was able to put some faces with some usernames. i personally like to see variety when it comes to shows. from bone stock to highly modified, it's about the TIME AND DEDICATION you put into your car, NOT THE MONEY. i do my mods because i enjoy it, and because i need to represent what we do at my shop. i'd rather drive an example than have a ton of inventory hanging on my shop walls hoping someone will buy it all. if you're stock, so what, just impress us by showing up and show us how clean you can make that ride inside and out! we all start somewhere.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: stupid question - 03/20/06 10:40 PM
4 rows of this:

And at the drinking spot (what some may call the hotel parking lot):
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: stupid question - 03/21/06 01:47 PM
ahh man, great pics! Those really got me charged up for '06.
Is it frickin May yet?!
Posted By: Tourige Re: stupid question - 03/21/06 11:10 PM
i hate all of you... noone around me likes contours
© CEG Archives