Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/30/06 05:51 PM
Well, it was bad enough that the SVTOA has an on-track event at Autobahn Country Club by Joliet the same weekend as SZ, but now World Ford Challenge 9 at Gateway International Raceway in Madison, IL. (by St. Louis) has moved back a week (compared to last year) and will be the same weekend as well.

Why does everyone want to schedule events all on that same weekend?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/30/06 06:49 PM
Well I doubt either of those events have a clue that a Contour event is going on in Fort Wayne, IN. Also, we aren't really taking into consideration, every Ford event that is going on around the nation. The fact remains the same, that we can't please everyone. We made changes to the schedule to avoid conflict with Carlisle, as it was the only event that would keep 10+ CEG'ers from attending SZ06. No matter what weekend we have it, there will be a handful of people that can't make it for X-reason. Sorry, but it's a once a year event that pertains to your the Contour specifically. I don't know how many SVTOA meetings there are, and how well you know the people that attend, but I know I'd rather be somewhere that's all about the car I drive, and be surrounded by people that I know, and haven't seen in a while. Choice is yours.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/30/06 08:40 PM
And how mnay CEGers attend those? 1?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/30/06 09:50 PM
Originally posted by todras:

That was my point, though I tried being a little more tactful.

Mark
Posted By: m!key Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/30/06 10:46 PM

ummmmmmmm no, 2 attend. and, as soon as there are no more SZs i will be attending the svtoa event at the country club.
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

That was my point, though I tried being a little more tactful.

Mark

Actually, there were at least 4 CEG'ers at the Autobahn event last year even with SZ going on.

WorldTour
Hdbngr8
SVTFern (the wonderful instructor)
and me, SoundQ SVT

There was also another instructor there with a t-red CSVT whose name I wasn't able to catch but I don't think he was on CEG either.

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/31/06 04:14 AM
Well i know which one i'm going to. *cough* SPRING ZING!!!! *cough*
Posted By: m!key Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/31/06 04:26 AM
yeah ,the loser cough while saying something went out in '92.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/31/06 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
yeah ,the loser cough while saying something went out in '92.

Hey, I still use it.....so...shut up.

Yeah, I'll be trying to attend SZ this year. Hope to see you all there.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/31/06 04:12 PM
Trying? Come on, you're in Ohio for crying out loud! You'll kick yourself in the butt next year if it's not located in the midwest, and you REALLY have an excuse not to go. Worst case scenerio, you have to take a day off of work/school to make it. Hotel split 4 ways = cheap, and registration is even cheaper. Everything else is optional.

Mark
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/31/06 07:54 PM
I'm just waiting to see if anything else will conflict with it, so far so good though.
Plus, I don't want to take to many days off work, I got a couple days to take off in June for a NASCAR race me and my dad and uncle from Toledo go to every year up in Michigan. Can't miss that.
You'll kick yourself in the butt next year if it's not located in the midwest
Mark

or even worse, if there isnt a SZ next year. Some people have yet to make it to a SZ and say, "Well ill make it next year." After SZ 04, there was talk that there may not be another one after the low turnout compared to 02. Hopefully this isnt the last of the SZ's, but you never know. Seeing as how the contour has been out of production for 6 years, I would treat every SZ as if it was the last one.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/31/06 11:19 PM
exactly!! thats why i choose sz over carlisle...
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/31/06 11:29 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:

I'm going to Carlisle, should be a good time like last year
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 01/31/06 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:

I'm going to Carlisle, should be a good time like last year

yeah i had a good time,met a bunch of cegers..saw a badass transam racer mustang....well i'm not sure how my current job will like my plans of taking a vacation before i worked a full year..so if they dont like it...i'll be attending both
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 04:06 AM
Actually, I treat every event locally and abroad as my last attendance with my car.

You never know when something will go that is expensive, or worse, you wreck. Just gotta look at everything in perspective.

Nothing will top my first SZ ('o5) though. Too much fun washing cars, driving with fellow members, driving others' cars, making makeshift autocross courses in mall parking lots at midnight Umm yeah shet like that.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 04:26 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Mark

or even worse, if there isnt a SZ next year. Some people have yet to make it to a SZ and say, "Well ill make it next year." After SZ 04, there was talk that there may not be another one after the low turnout compared to 02. Hopefully this isnt the last of the SZ's, but you never know. Seeing as how the contour has been out of production for 6 years, I would treat every SZ as if it was the last one.

Well in response to that, I hope to see the event turn from a contour oriented meet, into a gathering of friends.

There was a message board for a game i used to frequent. When that game lost popularity, and people went their seperate ways most people remained on that board. That board turned into a multi-game gathering of aquaintances
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Mark

Well in response to that, I hope to see the event turn from a contour oriented meet, into a gathering of friends.

There was a message board for a game i used to frequent. When that game lost popularity, and people went their seperate ways most people remained on that board. That board turned into a multi-game gathering of aquaintances

wasnt dugeuns and dragons was it?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 05:06 AM
well it's starting to turn that way, we prob have more trolls planning on attending this year..hector,dom,pete maybe,wrx barge,rye lou,the guy with the crossfire..etc...although i'd like to see other fords there too,sho's,cougars,focus,zx2's...etc..
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 05:23 AM
Mark

SZ 05 was my first one and it seemed ok, how many others were at 02-04?
Posted By: m!key Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 05:26 AM
me.
me
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 01:28 PM

Carlisle is cool to do every once in a while for those that live a ways away. It's basically the same cars every year though. You sit in a field for a couple days and that's it. SZ has autox, banquet, drag strip, dyno etc. Just a lot more involved.
I was at 02 - it kicked so much ass.
I couldn't make it to 04 - My mom almost killed me when she heard I was planning on it because it was like a week before my wedding.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 02:19 PM

ChiMayhem/FCS/GameHavoc?
Posted By: ElKy Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 02:25 PM
Been to '02, '04, and '05.
and will be going to '06
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/01/06 03:00 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

ChiMayhem/FCS/GameHavoc?

It was EQ and then WoW and other games
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/02/06 02:16 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:
and will be going to '06

Same here!
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
and will be going to '06

Same here!

Add in 2000 and 2001 here... and Hector, you still owe me that sound clip! I've decided I will do an exhaust, but not sold on MagnaFlow yet
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/02/06 09:03 PM
Been to everyone. Was on my way to '99 when I blew a plug out. Threw in the towel on that one after getting it fixed in Ottawa, IL. Might have been one in 98 too. Was B4 I bought my car. Helps to organize them too. Kind of mandatory. Springfield, IL was the furthest driven for 00'. We took the reigns in '01 to '03. 04 was a bust. '05 was back as great as ever. Here's to '06!
We took the reigns in '01 to '03.

'03?
was there a secret one held after the Nebraska one didn't pan out?
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
We took the reigns in '01 to '03.

'03?
was there a secret one held after the Nebraska one didn't pan out?

Iowa.

Btw, I think he meant '02.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/03/06 03:13 PM
Was Detroit '04? '03 was supposed to be Nebraska right?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/03/06 03:38 PM

yeah thats it, 04 was Detroit

your right Todd, I kept thinking it was Iowa.
yeah, wtf were people thinkin with the Nebraska one...
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

central location, and something different
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/03/06 05:05 PM

central location, but like, BFE
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

central location, but like, BFE

So?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/06/06 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
and will be going to '06

Same here!

Add in 2000 and 2001 here... and Hector, you still owe me that sound clip! I've decided I will do an exhaust, but not sold on MagnaFlow yet

Thanks for reminding me......I will do that today.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/07/06 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
and will be going to '06

Same here!

Thanks for reminding me......I will do that today.

Send me you email James.....I got the vids.
I love my magnaflow muffler...I had it on for ONE full day before I killed my 2.5L
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Yet another Ford conflict for SZ... - 02/07/06 03:35 AM
I love my magnaflow muffler...I had it on for ONE full day before I killed my 2.5L

Doh!

I am talking about a whole catback though.

Doh!

I am talking about a whole catback though.

Oh I had/have a full tru-bendz catback. It HAD a Dynomax muffler that had rusted thru on the INSIDE and had material rattling around in it...3 years of MI winters...
© CEG Archives