Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pre98 Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 03:57 AM
..And what will they be?

No sneaky sneaky this year, come out and tell us so everyone gets pumped up about all the changes! I myself will be rolling in lowered on new shoes, headers installed and possibly new tint. How about the rest of you?

Getting the car retuned for higher boost.

Also, my brother and dad are on their way home right now from PA with a 2000 Black SVT.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:
No sneaky sneaky this year

Too bad, you'll have to waite and see what PRT has to bring to the table when the time comes.....

I'ld like to bring both car's as my SE is undergoing some new changes of it's own, but the main focus is on the SVT at the moment so that's what will be coming for sure.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 04:43 AM
I just got new wiper blades.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 05:05 AM
Har Har..

are they carbon fiber?
Uhhh, at this rate nothing, unfortunatly
I'm planning quite a bit for the Mazda6, but I'm still arranging the ideas. All I know is that I'm finally going to get the extension light I've wanted for years put in a car!
Posted By: SHOgoFast Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 05:47 AM
For me....everything from the block to the tips...MSDS, optimized y, tru-bends catback, deleted cat, magnaflow straight thrus for the resonator and mufflers. That oughta do it, well, optimized the TB last weekend. And did the contour.org intake setup about a month back. (KN RU-3530 with maf adaptor).

So badly want to do some tinting, but since I have moved to ILL I have heard some real horror stories about police and tint laws.

Cant wait for SZ, I finally know a few people on the board and will be there in time for the high HP dyno runs. I got in at the very end of dyno time last year. The highest number I saw was Y2K's car I believe, the one with the venom kit on a 3L.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 05:59 AM
You will all fear this menacing 140whp automatic beast.

I tear up grocery getters.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 07:10 AM
My car will be darker.
mmm finishing up the front end swap,little touches...cf hood,post98 tl with spoiler,new exhaust,p/s-alt udp,dmd,those are all for sures.....zex kit and a retune are if i have the time left mods...well retune anyways
My car looks like it will be one year newer and SVT added to its name
Posted By: m!key Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 06:46 PM
no mods planned.
A running 3L... I promise it will be running well for SZ.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 09:13 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

Hopefully better than this
Posted By: Frosty Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 09:25 PM
No mods here except for a real headunit in my Zetec and some sweet badges. I plan on adding an SVT to the stable before SZ, so not too much is goin into the Zetec
Posted By: Barge Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/29/06 09:31 PM
All my mods are secret... sorry
i have a few things planned, it isn't anything that hasn't been done before but I rather not say at the moment
Posted By: Tourige Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/30/06 12:09 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

Hopefully better than this

Omg that thing is UGLY
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/30/06 12:21 AM
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
All my mods are secret... sorry

indeed all Mod's coming out of skunkworks are highly guarded secrets
Posted By: ElKy Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/30/06 01:20 PM
i think i might actually wash my car this year.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/30/06 04:11 PM
Does taking mods off the car count? I think I'll be Venom-less this year. I just hope to have a deck in the car by then, as I was rolling without one for about 2 months last year.

Mark
I'm planning on the de-ContourSVTing mod....Hopefully it will be accomplished by SZ '06
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 01/30/06 07:02 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'm planning on the de-ContourSVTing mod....Hopefully it will be accomplished by SZ '06

WHAAAAT??? You really did lose your ballz with that relationship. First the Lightning, then you're driving a Toyota Celica, and now you're selling the CSVT? Wow, just wow.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

WHAAAAT??? You really did lose your ballz with that relationship. First the Lightning, then you're driving a Toyota Celica, and now you're selling the CSVT? Wow, just wow.

Mark

No, I've just realized that the truck was 100x more fun than the car, and I'm just [censored] (only word to describe it) burnt out on the CSVT.
Posted By: epattonm Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/02/06 05:13 PM
Hmmm.... providing I can make it... the new car.

If my 'tour is to be there, I'll need someone to drive it, cause I'll be driving the new toy. I'm in Lima, OH for those that want to bring my SVT into Fort Wayne (1.5 hour drive).

Since no one has seen either car... they'll both be new, so no new mods on my list.

~Eric
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/02/06 05:18 PM
^^^omg I was born in Lima, OH!!!!!

well gettin my car fixed up and etc..major mods to be unveiled are rims, new paint job (black) and whole new lighting system in the front that will include projectors as lows and in fogs
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/03/06 07:38 PM
Hmm well rims are out of the picture. I'm just dropping the car this year as the "expensive" mod, maybe not even that.

I'm backing off on the mods for a reason, I just can't (don't want to) say
Posted By: ElKy Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/03/06 07:39 PM

are you finally getting the sex change you been dreaming about?

Posted By: Pole120 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/03/06 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

AHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/03/06 08:24 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
Originally posted by ElKy:

AHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!! Sorry Bill, but that was funny!!

Mark
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/03/06 09:31 PM
lmfao I don't know wtf to say to that
Shoot, I thought he was going in for the ball sack stretching so he could be more like Elky!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/03/06 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Shoot, I thought he was going in for the ball sack stretching so he could be more like Elky!

Texas belt buckle!
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/04/06 03:19 AM

I could never be as filling for a woman
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/04/06 03:49 AM
Well if I were able to make it this year this would be my big addition (well, I didnt have wheels last year either but they were still there, just not on my SVT )

OK, Bree.
as soon as i get my tax return, i'm buying the BAT Euro kit.
in the meantime, i'll be clearing my corners, fixing the bumper sag, fixing the interior neons (anyone in SE MI know much about neons.. i really don't know them or electronics, and for some reason my int's have stopped working...), i want to get some new rims (on that note, do you guys know if i can trade in my current ones for a discount on new ones from any/certain shops?), that's about it for now.
if i come across some extra money, i'll definitely do headers.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/05/06 03:20 PM
3L
Posted By: ElKy Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/06/06 01:43 PM

working on something good.
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:

I'll have a couple of secret mods done by SZ.
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/12/06 04:14 AM
I'm working on getting a bunch of crap FIXED....

spec stage 3 clutch disc, replace all radiator/heater hoses, head gaskets, alternator (again...2nd time) 75mm maf, new battery, some caps, 30lb injectors, walbro fuel pump, Xcal2 from ADC and a few other things. All parts have been sitting on my kitchen table....

Just need to get the xcal2 and put all this stuff in....we'll see what happens.....

i'm curious to see what the injectors/maf/xcal2 will do to my dyno results compared to last year....

see y'all soon!! slingersvt
Originally posted by slingersvt:

spec stage 3 clutch disc, replace all radiator/heater hoses, head gaskets, alternator (again...2nd time) 75mm maf, new battery, some caps, 30lb injectors, walbro fuel pump, Xcal2 from ADC and a few other things. All parts have been sitting on my kitchen table....

Just need to get the xcal2 and put all this stuff in....we'll see what happens.....

i'm curious to see what the injectors/maf/xcal2 will do to my dyno results compared to last year....

see y'all soon!! slingersvt

hurry up and get that car up and running!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/12/06 06:21 AM

you and me both, brother!
Originally posted by MxRacer:

you and me both, brother!

Damn skippy!
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/12/06 07:57 PM
Got a couple secrets up my sleaves...
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/12/06 07:59 PM
Got a few secrets up my sleaves...
Originally posted by xchang:

sounds like you're pretty eager to let the secret out...
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

I have both contour and non-contour things I haven't mentioned much about yet ...

but the non-contour stuff doesn't pertain to SZ anyway
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/13/06 12:55 AM
My laundry list is too long

I told myself not to write it out, I knew id be dissapointed when I realized I wouldnt finish it all.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/13/06 02:16 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

Whoa, sorry, double posted... LOL
Posted By: MLuko Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/13/06 03:53 AM
AWD with linelock

I MIGHT get around to putting the mirko and stock spoiler on
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/13/06 03:56 AM
If i'm able to make it...I'm hoping to have my new struts in along with my polyurathane bushings and if i can get some extra cash im gonna order some Trans Mounts from Pole...
Posted By: Frosty Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/13/06 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:
AWD with linelock

Go for it!!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/13/06 12:50 PM
i would like to actually put safe LCAs in my car for the trip.
the shaking front end is no fun.
hehe
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/13/06 08:12 PM
I'll list everything when I get home tonight. Too much to think of off the top of my head at work.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/14/06 01:10 PM
Unfortuanatly thanks to the accident in my SE the SVT will be nowhere near what it was going to be ...but I'm still looking forward to repeating the good time i had last year
Posted By: Frosty Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/14/06 06:20 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
Unfortuanatly thanks to the accident in my SE the SVT will be nowhere near what it was going to be ...but I'm still looking forward to repeating the good time i had last year

This year will be a good time. I'll be going and i will have an SVT. It will be a good time fo sho
Hot damn i'm a man with a master plan.
Hot damn i'm a man with a master plan.

no alex... just no.
I just plan on being there.
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/16/06 05:58 PM
Originally posted by slingersvt:

......30lb injectors......

I meant 42lb injectors......this project has been delayed so long I don't even know what else i forgot to mention above......

Posted By: ZenBoy_dup1 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/16/06 11:23 PM

Time for another troll....

I'll have a pro tune and a "Stage I" suspension.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/16/06 11:39 PM
Originally posted by zenboy:

Woohoo...can't wait to drive it. BTW I am doing some more little stuff. Already did shifter cable bushings, picking up a poly front engine mount next week....

I will make sure my car doesn't disappoint Mike.
Posted By: ZenBoy_dup1 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/17/06 12:15 AM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

Woohoo...can't wait to drive it. BTW I am doing some more little stuff. Already did shifter cable bushings, picking up a poly front engine mount next week....

Sounds like we'll have fun.

I did forget to mention a few other little things, like improved lighting, shifter bushings, and I'll be removing a little bit of weight. I'm not sure that I'll get the Dynamat strips in before SZ, but it'd sure be nice.

Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/17/06 12:42 AM

I just want a ride in both your cars... LOL! Damn, I need AWD and boost...
Posted By: ZenBoy_dup1 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/17/06 12:51 AM

I think we might be able to arrange for some rides.

I'm still the most curious about Trapps' Volvo. They sound like a nice alternative to an S4, more what the Acura TL should be.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/17/06 10:33 PM

If you fit in our cars! Don't worry you can get a ride.
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/20/06 04:30 AM
I have a 3L im hoping to have done by then, and it will be in a diferent car too, no more jokes about fenders for door prizes at the banquet. I should be there in my Pre-98 green tour with 3L and 5 speed.
i'm hoping my twin-turbo setup will be ready, but who knows, i've been using the car a lot and too busy with the turbo LS/GSR auto Civic and H22Accord:) Would I get yelled at if I just showed up this year at SZ with my Civic? lol. If we have a place to run quarter miles, I'll put $ on it... under 13 secs (the civic i mean).
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
i'm hoping my twin-turbo setup will be ready, but who knows, i've been using the car a lot and too busy with the turbo LS/GSR auto Civic and H22Accord:) Would I get yelled at if I just showed up this year at SZ with my Civic? lol. If we have a place to run quarter miles, I'll put $ on it... under 13 secs (the civic i mean).

I don't think anyone has the bawlz to yell at anyone, especially considering all the non-Contiques that have shown up in years past.
Come one, come all.
I have the csvt/Gt mustang conversion for the Sz, i have a csvt project that im working on but it wont be done atall. so ill bring the stang when i get it i plan to supercharge it with some nitrious but well see.
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
I have the csvt/Gt mustang conversion for the Sz, i have a csvt project that im working on but it wont be done atall. so ill bring the stang when i get it i plan to supercharge it with some nitrious but well see.

I thought you got an STi!?
was planning on it but the price of school got to me and my business has been pretty dead lately so i have kinda save some money here and go with my next favorite. So really im saying people need to go break some windows down in detroit then leave my business card on the window so they can come to my shop to get it fixed lol.... another reason is because of the american economy alot of my family works for ford and im helping them out by buying a ford. which is fine with me
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/21/06 07:10 PM
Originally posted by BSOELMAN:
no more jokes about fenders for door prizes at the banquet.

I think I'm down to the final list, just getting them all installed in time. CAI w/ MAF customizer, coilovers, Magnaflow exhaust w/hangers, hood struts, fog lights w/Mazda switch, rear sway bar, cargo area trouble light, dash overlays, pedals, stubby antenna... perhaps a couple other minor things if time and money allow...
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/25/06 02:40 PM
Ahhhhhhh-->
*New bearings
*New tires
*New starter
*New shocks
*New top hat bearings
*New brakes
*Oil change

and a good wash and wax fo sho!
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
Ahhhhhhh-->
*New bearings
*New tires
*New starter
*New shocks
*New top hat bearings
*New brakes
*Oil change

and a good wash and wax fo sho!

Struts?!
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/26/06 12:23 AM
woops missed that one!
*Struts lol
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/26/06 04:15 AM
D'oh!

I donno, maybe I will roll in with new wheels. Cash is abundant (knocks on wood).. Saving can lead to great investments, or horrible decision making!

Just ordered a new set of Hellas and some minor interior upgrades..
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Who's planning what mods for SZ'06?? - 02/27/06 02:32 AM
well you can add headers to my list as well now

Im not complaining though

biggest highlight will be the all projector lows and fogs in the front
© CEG Archives