Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I've been in contact with Jim Campisano, the main editor from Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords over the last couple weeks about doing some event coverage with Spring Zing 06. This was his response:

I'd love to get something in the magazine on your event.

If I can't get there or send someone, is it possible for you to supply us with photos and we can write it up? I'm a big SVT Contour fan (though you probably wouldn't know by the content of the magazine!) and these cars are way under-appreciated by the Ford community.

I'd love to know more about some of the better cars out there. That way we could photograph some for the magazine. Usually my readers ask for more Crown Vics, Marauders, and T-birds, but almost never SVT Contours. Guess my audience is V-8/rear-drive biased. No surprise, right?

After talking more with Jim, this is the same week as the Mobil 1 World Ford Challenge, a huge Ford event, so Jim won't be able to send someone out from MM&FF but he still wants to do a write up on the event. Hes asked me for magazine quality digital photos and results chart from the Show N Shine so an interview can then be written.

This event will also be listed in their Bulletin Board section of their magazine as an upcoming event.

Yet one more reason to make it out to Spring Zing 2006. Heres our chance for the Contour community to be recognized and a chance for your car to be pictured in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine!
Excellent!
Glad it's gunna happen
..thats cool
Good leg work I am pushing VERY hard to set myself up so that I can make it out there this year
Aww, WTF? I want to go!
Spectacular! Let's hope this goes better than the '02 coverage that Redker's mom was supposed to submit.
Originally posted by todras:
Spectacular! Let's hope this goes better than the '02 coverage that Redker's mom was supposed to submit.

no kidding

Great job you guys. I know I haven't registered yet, but I am definitely gonna get on that asap (and not just because of this recent announcement).

this is schweet!

Maybe we can send him a complimentary copy of the 2006 CEG calender when it is available. If we need to, I'd be willing to chip in $1 extra (along with several other people) to cover the cost of it.
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Maybe we can send him a complimentary copy of the 2006 CEG calender when it is available. If we need to, I'd be willing to chip in $1 extra (along with several other people) to cover the cost of it.

ditto.
Not a bad idea guys. We're really wanting to make this worth their while, and get our Contours some attention. I really want to impress Jim, and everyone else involved at MM&FF magazine, so come prepared with some clean Contiques, and your digital cameras!

Mark
Hey, my car isn't musclecar mag quality, but I'll be there with the other photographer gurus to ensure some healthy shots of our cars

Great job getting into contact with the mag!!
i can't wait, i've got so much stuff planned for early spring

Originally posted by Pre98:
Hey, my car isn't musclecar mag quality, but I'll be there with the other photographer gurus to ensure some healthy shots of our cars

if my coug can make it into MM&FF, then you have nothing to worry about.
SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

good job!

Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Originally posted by Pre98:

if my coug can make it into MM&FF, then you have nothing to worry about.

Wait...your coug was in the mag?! Pics plz!?
meh it was nothing big.
They did coverage of FFW up in NH, and they snapped a pic of my coug with some others behind it as an example of the showcar area.
I bought a copy and plan on framing it anyway
we need women in bikinis for the pics. that will fo sho end us up in the magizine. everyone loves a nice bikini.
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
we need women in bikinis for the pics. that will fo sho end us up in the magizine. everyone loves a nice bikini.

We're trying to arrange this also.

Mark
I personally know some hotties that may be interested.

I will ask around.
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

So you aksed your sister?
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

So you aksed your sister?

That's not what your Mother said Trebec.

Mark
Just squared things away with Monica who heads up their Bulletin Board.

Spring Zing will be advertised in their Bulletin Board section of their magazine in their May issue.
I guess this add's a little pressure to get my ride squared away, huh?
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
I guess this add's a little pressure to get my ride squared away, huh?

Yes, yes it does.

Mark
© CEG Archives