Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Klasse Act A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/12/05 07:31 PM
We always talked about doing this and half hearted doing it at either SZ02' or SZ03', but what about the wax compition? Not only would someone get their car detailed, for free which is the biggest four letter word in the CEG, but would show everyone once and for all, what the deal is. I'm representing Griots Garage, with a little help from Mequiars. Griots doesn't offer a paint cleaner, so I'll need to use the Mequiars product for that step. I did a detailing seminar at our Yearend Bash and it did draw a crowd and at SZ06', it will probably need cheerleaders So, what do you guys think, a free detailing and maybe an answer to a question as old as "whos buried in Grants tomb"...which wax is really best?

***Random thought*** If we have a Mothers guru out there, maybe we could use (2) cars. One car would have Zaino vs. Griots and the other could have Mothers vs. Mequiars Also, incase you don't know, we're splitting the cars right down the center, one half of one and the other half of the other I think this will be one of the hightlights of the weekend and sure to be legendary!
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
for free which is the biggest four letter word in the CEG

Were not that cheap are we?
Originally posted by RawBurt:
for free which is the biggest four letter word in the CEG

Were not that cheap are we?

Ummmmm yeah, but your kinda new here, so you don't remember alot of stuff
Wax is wax. Its all about a persons preference, they all do the same thing.

Im sure a bottle of NXT will do everything my Klasse will, but I prefer the klasse.
I call the mothers one!
Im sure we could do this Roger. Seems like the best time to do it would be during the Show N Shine.

Any hardcore Zaino guys wanna go up against Roger?
NVMYSVT is all about it

thread that started it all
Originally posted by pole120:
NVMYSVT is all about it

thread that started it all

WOW!, you beat me to it I'm getting my bottles warmed up now! I don't know if were going to find someone that is willing to wash their car with dishsoap, but if we do, I'm all for it, whatever she want. Unofficially we have one car to do, half with Zaino and the other half with Griots and a little help from Mequiars. Now we need another car to do half with Mequiars and half with Mothers. The process must include the following, at the very least...

-washed with dishsoap

-clay barred

-paint cleaner

-polish

-"finishing wax"

IMO we need a T-Red Contique for this, unless we can get a local guy w/ a nice colored car, doesn't even have to be a Contique I'd love to do some nice shade of blue, but T-Red is my favorite
I nominate Marks car

If I go I will most likely bring both of my cars so worst case scenerio is that I could probably nominate my Coug for our challenge because my CSVT is silver

I'm down for participating - we do get to drink during the competition too right?
Posted By: Stazi Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/13/05 02:44 PM
I can give out free Brazillian waxe jobs to any ladies that attend.
Originally posted by Stazi:

Are you going to Brazil?

I am.

Again.

Actually, I was supposed to leave tonight to go, but my co-worker didn't get his visa application submitted in time so we're going in November.

Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

I dont think so man, theres a huge differnce.

Im sure a bottle of NXT will do everything my Klasse will, but I prefer the klasse.

The klassse kicks major butt,
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/17/05 01:59 AM
I would have to agree in that wax isn't wax. Go to Autopia.org and you will find some crazy mofos that are nuts when it comes to detailing. I'm talking about the kind of guys that put 4 or even more coats of wax on in one session. I am pretty knowledgable with the Mother's products and I really like their stuff. I have experience with almost their whole product line including their clay bar, their new Power Polish with my PC 7336, their new FX synwax, and their new Reflections advanced synthetic wax.
Maybe the locals (Mark/Jim/Scott) and get us some cars to do, even if they're not Contiques. As a matter of fact, Jim and Scott, you'll probably have another lease car by then, right. If not, how about your parents ride, what do they have I'd like something with a nice color though. Lets get this squared away from whos representing who (for sure) and what we're detailing (for sure) I'm going to get my cheerleaders ready, I'm calling my shot right now
Right now we have a black 2004 Miata and a laser red 2005 Mazda 6. Im not sure if we'll still have the 6 by SZ next year, but if not, we'll have a Fusion.
Hmmm. Here's an idea.

WHy not get on teh horn with a few local ford mercury and lincoln delaerships. You could probably get ahold of a Fusion Demo, a Lincoln Zephyr Demo, and a Mercury Milan demo to do.

Quite possibly get some sort of sponsorship from teh dealers there, donations, prize, or something.
Originally posted by Stryped:
Hmmm. Here's an idea.

WHy not get on teh horn with a few local ford mercury and lincoln delaerships. You could probably get ahold of a Fusion Demo, a Lincoln Zephyr Demo, and a Mercury Milan demo to do.

Quite possibly get some sort of sponsorship from teh dealers there, donations, prize, or something.

we tried at SZ 05, but the Fusion was at a track event in Indianapolis.
Yes, but the Fusion is now out. I am sure that that a Ford Dealership can offer up a Fusion Demo to be used for this.

Same goes for the Merc and the Linc version.

Instead of grabbing a brand new one that hasn't been weathered on, get ahold of some demo's that have seen hell (basically), each person gets the car, and they get a free cleaning job.

OR... get ahold of the dealerships and see abotu locating some of their customers that bought a Fusion, etc. Try and get in contact with them and see if they'd like to attend a detail seminar where their car will get the works for free. Maybe throw them a CEG T-shirt of something for good measure.

Just an idea.
i stick with meguires products only
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

I dont think so man, theres a huge differnce.

The klassse kicks major butt,

I think I should have clarified myself a bit. What I ment to say is that all the high end waxes do their job, They make the car look pimp. Some waxes make it look shiny, some wet, and some uber reflective. As long as you arent using turtle wax, or Nufinish, you're doin the right thing. (although I detest carnuba, ill let some of it slip :P)
Posted By: Pre98 Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/19/05 03:43 AM
Check out some of the pics from SZ05. My car was shiny as hell with TURTLE WAX

Actually, that wasn't by choice, but rather by what I had. Even still, I have two more bottles of the stuff just chillin in my garage. It's not like my car's God's gift to contour.org or something!
I still have my NXT from SZ
Well we have the time to get the rides, that shouldn't be a problem when you run it by someone like this..."hey, you wanna free clay barring and 3 step wax process done to your car, no string?" I'm sure Jim and Scott will come up with the rides, but a colored car is the key here, light colored cars will not cut it and if we have to do a black car, I'll need a hose to "even things out" when I'm all done To make it official, check this out...

Representing Team Griots....Roger R aka The EX-Striped SVT
"Bring it!"
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/20/05 01:46 PM
Why not just use Contours?

No offense at all Roger, just being straight forward. Why find people, have them take time from their day, and pack the parking lot with more cars, when there are going to be 60 Contours there? Unless you're looking for a certain color imparticular, I don't see why you wouldn't just use a few Contours.

Mark
I think the suggestion of other cars was made in order to get a look at a Fusion or Zephyr at SZ by luring them with a free wax job.
Posted By: Stazi Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/20/05 02:21 PM
We should lure some Hooter's girls with free wax jobs.

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Why not just use Contours?

No offense at all Roger, just being straight forward. Why find people, have them take time from their day, and pack the parking lot with more cars, when there are going to be 60 Contours there? Unless you're looking for a certain color imparticular, I don't see why you wouldn't just use a few Contours.

Mark

We could use Contours, but most of the Contours there are already going to have wax on them, thats why I said that. Now if we can a clean Tour that hasn't seen wax in some time and/or they wanna risk washing their car with the dishsoap, that am I'm game for the Contour, after all, I could probably wax one with my eyes closed seeing I rubbed on my own car about 150 times in the 5 years I owned it
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/20/05 06:11 PM

I might be able to arrange that actually..

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/20/05 07:04 PM
I'll get out my tongue attached razor and whipped cream shaving mousse then!

Mark

BRILLANT
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/21/05 12:32 AM

Mark

BRILLANT

Representing team Griot's, ohh wait folks...I have a correction. Representing Team Double D's.....
Originally posted by SQLSVT:

Mark

BRILLANT

Representing team Griot's, ohh wait folks...I have a correction. Representing Team Double D's.....

Representing team Mothers with Double D's.....
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/21/05 05:59 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
Originally posted by SQLSVT:

Mark

BRILLANT

Representing team Mothers with Double D's.....

Mmmmmmmmmm.........milfs.........DELICIOUS!!!
So is representin' who

We need a Mequiars guy (that just sounds weird ), a Mothers guy and Zaino guy. If we get two more major waxes that want to represent, we need another car. Right now we need atleast 2 cars. Speaking of the two cars, I think we need to get cars with the same paint color if we're to judge because this would even things out. If someone can get a dealership to "donate" two or more cars for us that would be great and thus create even compition w/o any BS
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: A thought about an added feature of SZ06' - 10/22/05 10:26 PM
I would consider being part of this representing Mother's. This seems appealing to me, but I just want to know some more about the whole thing. I don't mind doing something to help out CEG and it's members, but a full detail does require quite a bit of time, effort, tools & supplies.

At SZ '05 I brought enough Microfibers and minor detailing items just to QD my car. It seems like if we were going to do a competion I would have to bring my porter cable and polishing pads, yellow foam wax applicatiors, even more microfibers, and more detailing supplies.
I still use Meguiars.
Were doing everything by hand, no need for a wheel as the cars that we're doing shouldn't be that bad. This is just a little competition to see what all the hype is about a certain product(s). Its more about braggin' rights and general fun to be had by all
© CEG Archives