Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/22/05 11:45 PM
...I will prob still have the contique next year, but even if you don't let's make it happen.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 12:04 AM
Originally posted by MapOfBananasF�³sh�³:
...I will prob still have the contique next year, but even if you don't let's make it happen.

werd
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 12:30 AM
If anyone is up for a trip to New York, I'd be happy to host a SZ-06. I'll just throw my offer out there so everyone can ponder the idea and mapquest the address to get an idea of how far the drive would be.

We've got more than enough parking lot space, 200+. We are less than a mile from metro-north if you want to hop a train to NYC. We got plenty of bars within walking distance, etc.. etc..

Think about it, maybe we can shoot for April 2006? Here's the address...

57 Catharine St
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 12:38 AM
Originally posted by pole120:

werd

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 12:38 AM
YES!!!!
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 01:05 AM
sounds Great Dean That would be a good place I think. I would travel there before Las Vegas!
Why not in Florida ? such a nice warm place with awsome roads !! Miami Beach ?....sounds nifty to me.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 04:45 AM
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
If anyone is up for a trip to New York, I'd be happy to host a SZ-06. I'll just throw my offer out there so everyone can ponder the idea and mapquest the address to get an idea of how far the drive would be.

We've got more than enough parking lot space, 200+. We are less than a mile from metro-north if you want to hop a train to NYC. We got plenty of bars within walking distance, etc.. etc..

57 Catharine St
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

I would like that. More on the NE side would be nice. Or maybe have 2 if possible, one farther west for the other half of the country.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 05:44 AM
There no reason why there can't be more than one National Meet for other regions of the USA. If you want one in your back yard so bad, then organize something.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 04:38 PM
I'm willing to travel anywhere for SZ. You name where and I'll show up an hour early.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Pre98:
I'm willing to travel anywhere for SZ. You name where and I'll show up an hour early.

I'm with pre-98. I'm already saving up for next year so I can rent a trailer to bring my baby to where ever it must go... I hate racking up miles.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 04:48 PM
Vegas would be too distracting and it's a hell of a drive for preominant proportion of CEGer's, who seem to be living in the Mid-West. Hell if we were going to have it in the South West I'd say we'd do it in Phoenix so at least we could dyno at Keit's shop (ADC) and have keyser tune our cars at the same time
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 04:51 PM
You know I'm there wherever it may be. Heh, I think they should change the furthest travelled award to the lowest gas mileage award. I know I've got that nailed in the truck or SVT! I used about a 1/4 tank just at the auto-x yesterday and averaged about 7.5 MPG for the 1200 mile round trip in the truck!

Rick
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Bananastazi:
Vegas would be too distracting and it's a hell of a drive for preominant proportion of CEGer's, who seem to be living in the Mid-West. Hell if we were going to have it in the South West I'd say we'd do it in Phoenix so at least we could dyno at Keit's shop (ADC) and have keyser tune our cars at the same time

Yeah, Vegas would be a BIG distraction. What about Atlanta? I liek the idea of somewhere a little more south. There's alot of guys down south that didn't make the drive up... although if we go south, thre's probably some pansies that wouldn't make the drive down. We should do SZ06 VIA video phone, lol.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ElStry-pedBanana:

Yeah, Vegas would be a BIG distraction. What about Atlanta? I liek the idea of somewhere a little more south. There's alot of guys down south that didn't make the drive up... although if we go south, thre's probably some pansies that wouldn't make the drive down. We should do SZ06 VIA video phone, lol.

Atlanta would be awesome

However I think somewhere a little further north would be a better compromise
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 05:02 PM
We'll finger something out!

Pre98, you gotta post our pics!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 05:05 PM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
We'll finger something out!

Pre98, you gotta post our pics!

Who are u fingerin out?
Posted By: Davo Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 05:09 PM
The truth is that SZ has to be within a half-day's drive of Michigan, or attendance is going to be horrendous. We tried doing the 'middle of the country' thing, and it didn't work out too well.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 05:17 PM
half day =12hours. 12hours South will get you to around tennesse and as far east as New york (going through Canada)
Posted By: Davo Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 05:18 PM
By half-day, I mean less than 6 hours.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 05:36 PM

57 Catharine St
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

I'm down for sure. Where do you sign up? Add 2 to the list.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:05 PM
Has SZ ever been held in Chicago?
Would be cool IMO
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:15 PM
NY is probably too far to get decent attendance. although having it at someones shop that is a CEGer would be sweet, i personally dont think i would swing the drive from the denver area.

my vote is for ft. wayne again. easy for all the great lakes people to get to, and people coming from further away. and we know what businesses to use (amerisuites, dynotech, harley). i think they all accomidated the group well.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:19 PM
My vote is for fort wayne again
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:27 PM
how about cleveland or cincy?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:30 PM
Same here Ft wayne would be awesome again,
Posted By: Stazi Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:38 PM
I think you would be hard-pressed to find a dyno-shop as accomodating as Dynotech - anywhere. They were fantastic!
Ft. Wayne would be fine with me, so long as we could conincide it with the Auto-X again and this time have the drag-strip open!

I wonder if amerisuites will let us come back though what with the piles of beer bottles, tersticle rubbing, late nite burn-outs, and public dringing we bestowed upon them.

Next year I'm bringing an IV of saline to hook-up to myself when I go to bed. I'm paying for it now.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:40 PM
Other than the piles of trash that were left by the full receptacles outside, I picked up all the strays and misc trash Sunday morning first thing so Amerisuites should be good to go again. I'd vote for Ft. Wayne again. I'd love to put something on here, but I don't think I'd have the kind of luck the these guys did on this one.

Rick
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:41 PM
my vote is for Ft. Wayne all the way
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:48 PM
Yeah what the hell... Bring the cup back to Fort Wayne, IN... wait, wrong sport . Spring Zing 06 in Fort Wayne!!! I'd like to see it last another day longer.. maybe meet and greet on a Wednesday night... and so on and so forth. An additional day of boozing, elky balls, and smokey 3 wheeled burnouts.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Other than the piles of trash that were left by the full receptacles outside, I picked up all the strays and misc trash Sunday morning first thing so Amerisuites should be good to go again. I'd vote for Ft. Wayne again. I'd love to put something on here, but I don't think I'd have the kind of luck the these guys did on this one.

Rick

I agree rick everything was by the trash so we didnt leave that big of a mess,

I even went inside and asked for a garbage bag and everyone helped clean up on friday.

Posted By: Pole120 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 06:51 PM
An additional day of boozing, elky balls, and smokey 3 wheeled burnouts.

ah good times, only one year till SZ 06
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 07:29 PM

figures you guys both want more of Elky's balls
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 07:43 PM

Well Alex, you were the one hoggin them all day.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 07:49 PM

Well Alex, you were the one hoggin them all day.

you must have me mistaken for todd's face! or Stazi's front plate.
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 08:23 PM
I would vote for Ft. Wayne again in a heartbeat. Although it was my first Spring Zing, I have to figure that SZ '05 was one of the better ones.

Ft. Wayne is cool as hell and from the cruise on Saturday night and the parking lot at Hal's Diner there seems to be a VERY strong presence of car enthusiasts in the area which really seemed to add to the whole experience.

Ft. Wayne is also the perfect sized city for a spring zing. It's not too small where there is nothing to do or see and it is not too big where things might get hectic.

Also, Ft. Wayne is a clean, safe city. And as far as I know, nobody had any trouble with the local fuzz.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 08:46 PM
WOW!! Thank you all for the kind words! When Jim and I had first thought about organizing Spring Zing, we had all of these things came to mind.

It's not a HUGE city, so you would have a hard time actually getting lost to the point of breaking down and crying .

It's also not a small city, so there should be something to do for everyone. Whether it be one of our 2 malls, 1000's of restaurants, bars or museums and movie theaters, we have everything a large city has.

Also, we have 2 dynos, one of which I've had my car dyno'd on, on a couple of occassions. Phil has been great to work with, and was VERY impressed with our turnout. He definitely has a new appreciation for the Ford Contour, even though he's a Corvette(Chevy) guy at heart.

Hotels - Yeah, we've got a few. And Amerisuites seemed like an awesome central location. Only ~10 minutes away from Dynotech and Jim Bailey's Harley Davidson. There were also enough restaurants in that 5 mile radius to keep everyone satisfied. Not to mention, Sharon & Tricia were exceptionally easy to work with.

Jim Bailey's - Jim's a great guy and was eager to come out and take a look at what was going on. He's a huge car fanatic and was more than happy to accomodate our group.

Drag strip - I know I know, we made a mistake. But I promise it WON'T happen next year!! It's going to take a little shuffling around, but it will DEFINITELY be a part of SZ06, as long as we get enough interest for it to be in Fort Wayne again.

Auto X - Jim worked with the SCCA director, and he was happy to give CEG the SCCA discounted price of $15.00.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the turnout of SZ05. I'd like to thank everyone for making this such an awesome event, and taking us seriously when we started polling interest in Fort Wayne as our location. Jim and I have been talking about SZ06 coming to Fort Wayne again, since January! With all of the sponsors that we obtained, and the types of businesses that they conduct, we'd have no regrets in organizing another event. SZ06, here we come!!

Mark
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 08:51 PM
Mark,

You can count me in for another sponsorship if you put it on again.

Rick
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
But I promise it WON'T happen next year!!

does this mean you accept our request for a Ft Wayne SZ 06?

btw..i'll have another roll resistor for you guys next year.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 09:11 PM
I'm down w/ Fort Wayne for next year; as long as it doesn't coincide w/ a race weekend of course . . .
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 09:29 PM

"HECK YES IT DOES!!" Spring Zing 06, 07, 08, you name it! As long as the crowd is happy, I'm more than willing to put a little time into setting it up. I know that I speak for both Jim and myself when I say we've had such a blast organizing it, that we're a little disappointed that it's come to an end. Knowing what we know now, I anticipate SZ06 being another Spring Zing best!

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 09:36 PM
Next year I will be willing to donate a full SVT "Stazi" Brake Kit. That should sweeten the deal.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 09:37 PM

"HECK YES IT DOES!!" Spring Zing 06, 07, 08, you name it! As long as the crowd is happy, I'm more than willing to put a little time into setting it up. I know that I speak for both Jim and myself when I say we've had such a blast organizing it, that we're a little disappointed that it's come to an end. Knowing what we know now, I anticipate SZ06 being another Spring Zing best!

Mark

I Cant wait .....How many days till the next one again.

Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 09:39 PM
I'd say Fort Wayne again for next year, since I didn't make it this year, I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be to far next year so I could make it. If people don't want Fort Wayne we could also try Toledo, Ohio. Cool place, lots of places to do stuff, there is also a Go-Cart track too around there, with a batting cage. Well, sounds like you guys had a great time and I really hope to see you guys next year, and for you Ohio/Eastern Great Lakes guys, hope to see you at a local meet sometime before that.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 09:42 PM
Toledo is not far - please, it's closer to FW than Detroit!!

What.........are you planning on walking to SZ?
Posted By: Davo Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 09:51 PM

Those of us who have travelled 10+ hours for CEG meets chuckle at those who want it an hour away instead of an hour and a half.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 10:33 PM
lets see, for SZ i drove a grand total of almost 30 hours. most of which i was by myself. i think i drove for 6 in a caravan.

just sack up!
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 10:36 PM
i would attend at fort wayne again... but please try to have a level spot at baileys next time, like in the upper lot. my wheelchair is a beeeaaaatch on hills:(
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 11:11 PM

I live like 2 hours from Toledo.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 11:13 PM
i would attend at fort wayne again... but please try to have a level spot at baileys next time, like in the upper lot. my wheelchair is a beeeaaaatch on hills:(

put a gas motor and nitrous on that beyatch! you know you want to....here's your motivation- it can't be done.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 11:16 PM

put a gas motor and nitrous on that beyatch!

hey dean....i could hook you up with one of my old kart racing motors....mmmm alcohol
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 11:20 PM

put a gas motor and nitrous on that beyatch!

hey dean....i could hook you up with one of my old kart racing motors....mmmm alcohol

AND A POLYROLL! haha

hey pole, you never responded to my pm, b!tch.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/23/05 11:46 PM
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 12:44 AM

DAMN! I would really like to make a damn Spring Zing at least once.
I did the Mapquest thing and it is 774 miles for me, or thirteen hours. Basically a day and a half drive. It would be nice if you guys stuck it in the center of the country for once with regard to north/south. When I was out west we always suffered because it was mostly easterners and now that I am in the east you want to put up near Michigan again! Then there is that whole military leave/pass thing again where it would be too far for me to get a four day pass to go up and I'm not sure if I can get leave authorized.

How about Bowling Green Kentucky? The town is moderate sized and it is the home of the Corvette among other things. I'm sure there are tracks and museums and probably other amenities.

Aren't there any CEG'rs from that area?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Kingpin Bananas:

just sack up!

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 01:03 AM
kinda feels like it's too soon to be discussing this
I still need time to revel in the memories of 05.
tons o fun
Michigan or Ft Wayne are favorite SZ locations for Cobra and I. although we really aren't too keen on the Detroit Metro area

oh and don't kid yourselves about the cleanup at the hotel each night. There were small groups of people picking up after many many inconsiderate people.
It was kind of upsetting to see how much litter people left behind - and quite embarassing. We want to leave a good impression about who the members of CEG/SZers are. Littering isn't the best way to make that impression.

but enough mommy scolding. I didn't really mind cleaning up after you dirty pigs because you supplied me with countless hours of entertainment
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 01:14 AM
Originally posted by todB-A-N-A-N-A-Sras:
Originally posted by Kingpin Bananas:

just sack up!

Buwhahahaha
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 01:26 AM
Another vote for Ft Wayne!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 01:27 AM
Michigan could be cool, and it wouldn't HAVE to be in the detroit/metro area, i'm sure no one really wants to be having there tours chillin outside anywhere in Detroit, but i think there are other suitable areas. just a thought, but if not then Ft. Wayne it is!
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 02:50 AM
I'm down with Fort Wayne again......I still have 9 of 12 titty bars left to visit!!! HAHAHAHAHA....no seriously...

Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 03:10 AM
Originally posted by slingersvt:
I'm down with Fort Wayne again......I still have 9 of 12 titty bars left to visit!!! HAHAHAHAHA....no seriously...

Haha... first thought that crossed my mind, and don't ask why because I won't answer,

"Gotta catch them all!"
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 03:11 AM

i'll go next year
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:

I'm with pre-98. I'm already saving up for next year so I can rent a trailer to bring my baby to where ever it must go... I hate racking up miles.

I agree! Being that James, Mike and I are probably the last to arrive home I still say Ft. Wayne is the place to be! Everything was awesome and these guys put on one hell of a show! If they are willing to organize it again, it definitely has to be done! That was a lot of time and effort and man was it all worth it!

Ft. Wayne for SZ06' beside MI roads suck pierced donkey ballz!

I cant wait to get my car tuned and back on the dyno! It would be great if we can use the same dyno as this year for next, so we have some very accurate results!

I'd also like to thank Rick and all members of the chi-town caravan that pulled over to help me out when my brakes failed! You guys kick @ss!

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 03:43 AM
Originally posted by LoCo*NeedMtx*Zsc:
Another vote for Ft Wayne!

Me too

If I was going to be old enough, but of course I won't
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 06:09 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

I did the Mapquest thing and it is 774 miles for me, or thirteen hours. Basically a day and a half drive.

dude, like i said:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
sack up!

my total drive was ~2200 miles (just a tad shy according to mapquest). i drove 1022 miles yesterday with 3 stops by myself to get home, so 700 is an easy days drive. other CEGers were pushing (the NE ones) dang near to what i did. VERY MUCH worth the drive. if SZ is in ft wayne again next year im going to do the drive again, without thinking twice. JUST DO IT!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 12:39 PM
if SZ is in ft wayne again next year im going to do the drive again, without thinking twice. JUST DO IT!

Proving Chris is the man! Wish other CEGers would drive 1/2 the distance.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 12:54 PM

i wasn't overly impressed with Ft wayne boobie bars.
yeah, they climb off the stage and rub them in your face and bit your nipples, but they keep their panties on and have latex painted over their nipples.

come to mass, they serve and its full nude.
unfortunatly there is no touching...unless youknow the right bar to go to.
hehe
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Da Nutz:

yeah, they climb off the stage and rub them in your face and bit your nipples, but they keep their panties on and have latex painted over their nipples.

hehe

....first thing that comes to mind is your gonna be a dirty old man
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 04:08 PM

hehe

Here's a novel idea, come to Spring Zing for the cars, and then find a nudie bar message board, and set up a "Stripper Zing" there.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 04:21 PM
That's because we export our sluts to other states.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 04:31 PM
And to my bedroom.

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
That's because we export our sluts to other states.

Mark
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 04:34 PM
So that's where Todd kept dissapearing to?!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 04:40 PM

Sorry I was teabagging your hood pin hinges.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 04:51 PM

was that before or after the encounter with elky's nuts?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SVT Bananas:

was that before or after the encounter with elky's nuts?

*Shudders*.... the nightmares.
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 07:07 PM
Originally posted by mystique97:
I'd say Fort Wayne again for next year, since I didn't make it this year, I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be to far next year so I could make it. If people don't want Fort Wayne we could also try Toledo, Ohio. Cool place, lots of places to do stuff, there is also a Go-Cart track too around there, with a batting cage. Well, sounds like you guys had a great time and I really hope to see you guys next year, and for you Ohio/Eastern Great Lakes guys, hope to see you at a local meet sometime before that.

Toledo doesn't seem like it would be a horrible idea. However, Ohio cops seem to hate Michigan drivers, and that wouldn't be good considering that half of spring zing people were from Michigan
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 07:13 PM
Yeah, the cops are pretty strict here, I got a frickin $84 ticket for going 15 over and the cop said he was following me, when I seen his head lights (it was at night, didn't know it was a cop til I got in a more lite up area) coming up real fast too, he had to of been going at least 70-75 (maybe even 80 ) to catch me, speed limit was 50.
And I also got a squeeling tires $69.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 07:16 PM
Yeah, the cops are pretty strict here, I got a frickin $84 ticket for going 15 over and the cop said he was following me, when I seen his head lights (it was at night, didn't know it was a cop til I got in a more lite up area) coming up real fast too, he had to of been going at least 70-75 (maybe even 80 ) to catch me, speed limit was 50.

we'd all be screwed
Posted By: ContourGuy9817 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 07:58 PM
im down for a fort wayne, ill be livin in indianapolis by june 22nd.
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/24/05 11:34 PM
wouldnt mind seeing it in the southeast....but if it is in fort wayne, maybe you guys should call it Spring Banana 06
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/25/05 12:40 AM
Originally posted by ContourRacingChris:
wouldnt mind seeing it in the southeast....but if it is in fort wayne, maybe you guys should call it Spring Banana 06

Spring Banana Zing 06
Nanner Zing 06 (haha)
Michigan guys turn it into October-fest 06
Elky whips em out 06
Booney-ass drag strip closed 06

there's just too many choices, i think we'll jsut stick to Spring Zing 06
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/25/05 02:45 AM

I just called to see how much my "unsafe lane change" ticket is and all I can say is holy sh!t. 136.50 to the fort wayne PD What a fricken joke. Next time i will just have to go up and turn around a few blocks up.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/25/05 03:00 AM
Where was this? near halls diner?

Me, Stu, steve, and alex all did the mad illegal ubanger right next to halls. Kingpin was saying the cops were pointing at us!

Fort wayne deserves a kick in the freaking balls, WHAT THE [censored] IS UP WITH ALL YOUR DAMN CENTER DIVIDERS!?!?!

At least make the [censored] a little easier to turn around on. everytime i managed to find a ubang spot i felt like i was going to scrape the bumper on the opposite curb trying to turn.

It ends up being easier to use a parking lot!
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/25/05 03:12 AM
Yeah the cops were in the right lane following car lengths behind. When I saw them accellerating I brought it up to everyone. They would have nailed someone I'm 100% sure, but then you guys came around with a U-ey.

I had to get used to the design of the town as well. I think the layout is the new standard for road design, though. At least it wasnt as bad as the interior of Buffalo still is. There are far too many one way roads that AREN'T labelled

Posted By: Frosty Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/25/05 03:46 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

werd

Posted By: 04marauder Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/25/05 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

Me, Stu, steve, and alex all did the mad illegal ubanger right next to halls. Kingpin was saying the cops were pointing at us!

I did the same thing going in to Hals.
Wasn't sure the M was going to cut it before the curb.
Duke and Fabian (in the Sho) were right behind me too.
All of us were greeted by the site of a squad car right at the entrance.
[/takes crap] But he wasn't in the car. [/ends crap]
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/25/05 12:57 PM
there is a copy that hangs out there.

Last time I went home, the Lightnings back tires broke loose and the ass end slide out a bit :-)
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/26/05 01:20 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

I did the Mapquest thing and it is 774 miles for me, or thirteen hours. Basically a day and a half drive.

dude, like i said:
sack up!

my total drive was ~2200 miles (just a tad shy according to mapquest). i drove 1022 miles yesterday with 3 stops by myself to get home, so 700 is an easy days drive. other CEGers were pushing (the NE ones) dang near to what i did. VERY MUCH worth the drive. if SZ is in ft wayne again next year im going to do the drive again, without thinking twice. JUST DO IT!

You know what....I friggin sacked up for Uncle Sam and have done many difficult things because of it. ONE OF THEM was to give up some personal freedoms such as being able to cruise 750 miles away without getting a pass or permission, such as taking leave. It isn't that I wouldn't want to, I am NOT ALLOWED to.
I've also got kids that I don't need to subject that sh|t to all the time. We just did over 5K miles in a car in a very short time(TX-AL, AL-TX, TX-AZ-CA, CA-AZ-TX; TX-AL-MD, MD-AL) because we moved AND went on vacation.

Therefore I feel perfectly justified in asking other people to compromise and make a partial sacrifice by having it in a central location.
Now I'm not saying I won't go or that I don't want to. I will have to plan it in and decide whether it is worth dragging my family and burning up my hard earned leave. If I were going by myself it'd be a no-brainer.
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Would love to see a SZ06.... - 05/26/05 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

NO This was thursday right when all the midwest guys got there. I saw them pulling into the hotel and I was across the street so I pulled out and zoomed across three lane of trafic to get into the left turn lane and in the process I cut off an unmarked police car.
© CEG Archives