Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Thanks Everyone - 05/22/05 05:38 PM
Just wanted to Thanks Jim and Mark for takeing this on this year and doing an awesome job at it, Cant wait for next year now

Also wanted to thanks everyone that came out for the great time and hopefully we will see you again.

So with that said lets also get a check in done so we know everyone made it home safe.

Myself, steve(bk4293) and phil(Airforce) made it home safe.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/22/05 05:47 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Just wanted to Thanks Jim and Mark for takeing this on this year and doing an awesome job at it, Cant wait for next year now

Also wanted to thanks everyone that came out for the great time and hopefully we will see you again.

So with that said lets also get a check in done so we know everyone made it home safe.

Myself, steve(bk4293) and phil(Airforce) made it home safe.

What a fun ride home!!!

Everything Kevin said x2!!!
Posted By: Airforce Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/22/05 07:25 PM
yeah everything except for almost killing bk4293 in the car following the trucker.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/22/05 07:28 PM
I had a great time, was kinda hard to find out what times things were supposed to start.

Plus the 200 mile round trip dragstrip let down was a downer.

But everything else was fucknig awesome, deffinatley glad I came and i cant wait till next year.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 12:21 AM
Just got home riding with Mike, Alex, Rick and Miranda.

Thanks to Jim and Family, Mark, and everyone who sponsored/helped in making this possible.

Can't wait for SZ06.
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 12:35 AM
This year was my first SZ and I'm definately glad I made the (687 mile) trip. It was nice to finally see the faces behind the cars and everyone that I got a chance to talk to was cool.
At first I was kinda lost as far as the times that each event was, but everything fell into place nicely and although I was gonna say sorry for not making it to the dragway... well... I guess I don't have to lol.
Anyway, THANK YOU to everyone who voted for my Contique, I really appreciate it. It'll be finished by the next SZ.
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 01:09 AM
Great job again everyone especially Jim, Mark and Scott for doing there research on all the events. Yeah we didnt get to drag again this year but everything else was just plain outstanding. You all should get a Medal or somthing for all your efforts and outstanding organization. oh and Mike did a great job with the name tags. That was a great idea and I look foward to it again next year(HINT HINT MIKEYBOY)
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 01:28 AM
I also forgot to give terry props for showing up and helping at the dyno. It was awsome to se him and stazi rip off that manifold and regap the plugs. would have been done in like fifteen minutes if they didnt forget to put the plug wires on before the intake went back on oh well it was just great seeing terry there.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 01:36 AM
I wanna say thanks to everyone that showed up! Without you guys, there wouldnt have been a SZ! I had a blast and I hope all of you guys and girls did too! It was nice to meet some new people and put some names to the faces as well as see some new rides. If you guys really want to do another SZ in fort wayne next year, Im sure Mark and I could do another. Thanks again!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 01:37 AM
Then do it. Get it out there now so EVERYONE can show up!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 01:41 AM
Originally posted by LoCo*NeedMtx*Zsc:

I'll be there fo sho!!!!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Originally posted by LoCo*NeedMtx*Zsc:

I'll be there fo sho!!!!

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 02:17 AM
Thanks to everyone and anyone that made this all possible, even the CEG'er's cause without us it'd be nothing. It was a great meeting everyone that i've been talking to online for so long, i'm going next year for sure!
Posted By: dukeofsho_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 02:49 AM
I had a good time till I sheared off my shifter bolt and paid a $400.00 tow. As they say "if play you must pay".

Would I do it again ummmm sure why not.

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 07:55 AM
i made it safely back to FL. left fort wayne at 845am central and rolled in at 1am eastern. 1021 miles, only stopped 3 times! actually, by the time i ended up stopping for gas each time, it was basically a sprint to the bathroom cause i had to pee so bad. to0 bad i didnt have anyone to b!tch to about it on my talkabout.

it was worth the drive though (for SZ)! that long distance award actually paid for 1/3 of my gas costs today. i was averaging 29 miles per gallon with a personal best of 30.3mpg. whoo hoo!
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 09:24 AM
Where'd everyone go? I'm still here in Ft. Wayne lol. Bud and Joe went back to NY but I stayed here to spend some time with my ex. I'll be leaving Tuesday. See you all again next time:)
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 11:48 AM
Just like everyone else , I'd like to give a big-ole THANK YOU to everyone involved in setting up SZ-05 . It was my 3rd Spring Zing , and (barring any weird circumstances) I'll be at the next one . It was well worth the 11+ hr. drive to get there . At least I managed to knock some time off on the return trip by taking a different route (and holding the hammer down a bit more ) . Got home last night & got some much needed rest . Now I feel bright-eyed & bushy-tailed ... sorta .

It was great seeing everyone again , and getting to meet some new faces . See ya'll next year !

Now I've gotta go to work ...
Posted By: Stazi Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 12:32 PM
Originally posted by BSOELMAN:
I also forgot to give terry props for showing up and helping at the dyno. It was awsome to se him and stazi rip off that manifold and regap the plugs. would have been done in like fifteen minutes if they didnt forget to put the plug wires on before the intake went back on oh well it was just great seeing terry there.

NASCAR aint got Shiz on us!

Thanks Terry for gapping the plugs and getting me to that awesome 295hp dyno pull!

BTW this from Terry:
Quote:

........my thanks to Rick,Aussie the Hahn family for
making my flying vist to the 'Dyno Day' so
enjoyable.My thanks also goes out to all the Contour
owners I met and chatted to about my 'children'(the
cars!).A very well organised event and the choice of
dyno was outstanding...great guys to work with at
Dynotech.Seeing some great numbers on the cars and the
t/c-s/c cars have a lot of work and effort put into
them by owners...they are a credit to you all.For my
own 2 cents worth ,I was very proud to see that all
the high output cars had transmissions built by me at
HMS behind them....to those and all the Contour
running an HMS trans my thanks for your custom and I'm
very impressed by both the cars and the HP & torque my
transmission builds can take...you all made me feel
very proud.I'm sorry that I wasn't able to stay longer
but business always calls.Please pass on my thanks and
regards to all Contour owners.Respectfully, Terry
Haines,Owner,HMS Inc

Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 01:33 PM
We rolled in about 11:45 last night. Had a blast and thanks again to the Hahn's and Mark, it was an awesome event this year. Also a big thanks to all my "pit crew" for the help at the auto-x yesterday getting the car ready and then loading things up at the end. For those wondering about the exhaust, apparently the bonzai across the bump at the end of the runs loosened up the front leg of the y-pipe and I lost a bolt from the flange so I was running an open front header by the last run!

Thanks to Hector for getting me back around through the construction mess in Chicago too.

Rick
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

Thanks to Hector for getting me back around through the construction mess in Chicago too.

Rick

Did you avoid some construction by going up to I55?

Seriously it wasn't a problem. Didn't want you guys to get lost in Chicago....that can suck!

Glad to hear you got back okay.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 02:01 PM
No, we were basically through all of the construction when we weren't able to hit that turn off to I-80. It added about 1/2 to our trip time going that way, but it beat getting lost for sure.

Thanks,
Rick
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 02:12 PM
Jim and Mark - Great job. Much thanks to you guys and everyone I got to meet and hang out with. This was my first SZ and it won't be my last. And hopefully I'll have the tour at the next one. Can't wait to see more pics rolling in. Hint, Hint Pud, Y2KMondeo.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 02:49 PM
Definitely a HUGE thanks to everyone for making it out. Jim and I had an absolute blast setting this event up, and had even more fun hanging out with everyone! We'd be honored to setup Spring Zing 06, if that's what CEG would like to see happen! I'd like to appologize for the miscommunication on our part about the dragway. It appears we were mistaken on closing times, so this will be a definite mental note for next year! Also, for everyone that made it to the Auto-X yesterday, sorry I couldn't make it. I was in bed with a monster headache until 1:00pm. Still trying to recover from the weekend. It was definitely worth it though! Again, thank you everyone for coming out!

Mark
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 02:59 PM
YEs nice job guys. Everything went amazing and can;t wait for next year. I'd love to go the Fort wyane next year for SZ... or New york... or MI, I don't care. I'll be there!

Oh, and special thanks for those who helped out at Auto-x when it started to rain. Wish I could remember who it was (person in the Blue wrx at sz ). He held his unbrella over my drivers side window as my GF ran to get my keys qhile I stood in the middle of the track picking up knocked over cones from the stupid ricers . Also, thank you elky for telling her my windws were down. I owe you two!! Thank YOU!

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ElStry-pedBanana:
Also, thank you elky for telling her my windws were down. I owe you two!! Thank YOU!

just hope his nuts stay out of it!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
Originally posted by ElStry-pedBanana:
Also, thank you elky for telling her my windws were down. I owe you two!! Thank YOU!

just hope his nuts stay out of it!

Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 04marauder:
Jim and Mark - Great job. Much thanks to you guys and everyone I got to meet and hang out with. This was my first SZ and it won't be my last. And hopefully I'll have the tour at the next one. Can't wait to see more pics rolling in. Hint, Hint Pud, Y2KMondeo.

Im working on it
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 08:41 PM
This was my first Spring Zing and I had an absolute blast. I would like to thank Jim, Mark, Mr. & Mrs. Hahn and everyone else that did did their part to make this event what it was.

Being my first SZ I got to meet a bunch of really cool people, not to mention a few crazy mofos also (Elky first comes to mind for that one... )

I look forward to seeing everyone again next year in '06.

Posted By: Stoobie Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 10:08 PM
Some one pissed in the Arby's bathroom!!!!

"Guess what guys", "you cant tell anyone, I pissed in the Arby's bathroom" heheheheh

Temple of BOOM...
Posted By: m!key Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 10:12 PM
i have said it 1000 times, thank you for the great job you guys did. please know that everyone appreciates the hard work you put into this event. if FTW is the location next year i will be back.
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/23/05 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Stoobie:
Some one pissed in the Arby's bathroom!!!!

"Guess what guys", "you cant tell anyone, I pissed in the Arby's bathroom" heheheheh

Temple of BOOM...

"You allright Buddy?" -Arby's midnight shift manager
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 12:45 AM
big big thanks to you all

just wanted to post real quick
we arrived home in NH around an hour ago.
Just ate some chickity china - chinese chicken for dinner
gonna go to bed real soon
Damn did we miss our tempurpedic!

I can see I have a lot of posts to catch up on tomorrow morning (at work )
Posted By: ElKy Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 01:09 AM
yup, thanks to everyone!
a bawlzy time was had by all.

we rolled into the driveway at 7 tonight.
and i have to agree with fbluebanananananas, our tempurpedic is beckoning us!

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Da Nutz:
yup, thanks to everyone!
a bawlzy time was had by all.

we rolled into the driveway at 7 tonight.
and i have to agree with fbluebanananananas, our tempurpedic is beckoning us!

I like the name Elky!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 04:05 AM
Dont have time to read any of the posts but James, Mike and I just got into MN around 830pm and were pretty much the last to leave.

11 hour drive home was smooth and we made some great time/miles!

thanks to everyone for showing up and to Jim and Mark for putting on a hell of a time! You guys kick arse!

Oh and I had brakes all the way home! Thanks Rick!

SZing 2006!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 05:16 AM
Originally posted by SQLSVT:

Scuba Steve says I will have a number 2 with a Sprite.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 05:19 AM
Thanks again guys for a nice event. The Fort Wayne area was great, I love how everything was so close, just the way it should be. Some one needs to work on there map making skills though lol
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 11:26 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by SQLSVT:

Scuba Steve says I will have a number 2 with a Sprite.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 02:10 PM
Thanks again guys for a nice event. The Fort Wayne area was great, I love how everything was so close, just the way it should be. Some one needs to work on there map making skills though lol

Say whaaa? I should have put "Map is not to scale" somewhere on there.

Mark
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

YEah Mark... you suck!

Oh yeah, thanks for leaving those directions wedged in the telephone pole... although all that got us was 1.5 hours of driving there and back, an angry Sebring driver, couple gay guys on bikes checkin our rides out, and "some" high speed lane passing. . We'll call ahead next year, lol.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/24/05 02:28 PM

Mark

No should have put Ft. Wayne has more than one name for all its roads, lol. Its cool we figured them out, both of them
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/25/05 03:03 PM

Mark

No should have put Ft. Wayne has more than one name for all its roads, lol. Its cool we figured them out, both of them

LOL... one weekend in town and you noticed?? I never thought it was THAT bad!!
Posted By: ZenBoy_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/25/05 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Xbanana98:
Dont have time to read any of the posts but James, Mike and I just got into MN around 830pm and were pretty much the last to leave.

Glad to hear you two made it back! I lost contact with you after getting stuck in the Madison maze, and even some 140+ mph sprints didn't help me catch up before getting to Minnesota! Still, it was a fun drive, and I think I killed half the mosquito population on the front of my car going home.

Jim, Mark and the whole Hahn family: Great job on things, and I can't thank you enough! It was a great event, as it always is (for me, anyway).

A quick suggestion for next year: In addition to the schedule/phone number insert in the name tags (which was a great idea - props to Mikey Boy for the tags and everything else), how about putting times of the events in there as well, and maybe a "cheater/map card" with some basic map highlights and major roads in the area?

Mental note: Next year, make abundant use of the wake-up call service so I don't miss any more morning events....

Great seeing you all again, especially the folks I know from prior years, Buckshot, Stazi, Brett, Hector, Todd, etc.

If it's in Fort Wayne again next year, or anywhere in the Midwest, color me there.

Until next time....

Zenboy
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/25/05 08:10 PM
damnit i am sooooooo gonna be there next year
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/26/05 01:30 AM
well, from quickly reading over what everyone has said I completely agree. I completely enjoyed my 2nd SZ and look forward to many more. The even was well organized and by the show we had at the end of the raffle everyone appreciated the work of all the organizers.

as always it is great to have been able to put a face to the car and sn and of course to catch up with the people that I meet last year

my gf hit it on the nose from just being around everyone this weekend, we are like a hugh family, one that has a good time to boot

thanks again and I am looking forward to next year
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/26/05 01:58 AM
Now that some humanity has returned and I am coherent (I went to sleep right after work yesterday)

Thank you so much for putting this whole thing together (I can't thank you enough, even with my vocabulary and big mouth), I had a riot and three quarters and it was great to meet both people I have become friends with over the years and new ones as well.

Downside? Made me miss my SVT, although I love my Mazda6.

Fort Wayne 2006? Count me in.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/26/05 01:59 AM

Mark

And more than one road with the same name it seemed...
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/26/05 04:26 AM
Originally posted by zenboy:
Originally posted by Xbanana98:

Glad to hear you two made it back! I lost contact with you after getting stuck in the Madison maze, and even some 140+ mph sprints didn't help me catch up before getting to Minnesota! Still, it was a fun drive, and I think I killed half the mosquito population on the front of my car going home.

I think you got ahead of us actually,it took us forever and a day to get back to the hiway and then we lost contact. So while you were sprinting to catch-up you were going further and further away lol!

Mental note: Next year, make abundant use of the wake-up call service so I don't miss any more morning events....

Translation: you found out they had fruit loops there!

Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/26/05 05:32 AM
Originally posted by mbTDI:

LOL... one weekend in town and you noticed?? I never thought it was THAT bad!!

Glad we were not the only ones that were confused, I was seriously starting to think we were retarted and thats driving with the human mapquest (Stu), lol. I think it only took us a night of drving around to figure that out.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Thanks Everyone - 05/26/05 05:41 PM
Great seeing you all again, especially the folks I know from prior years, Buckshot, Stazi, Brett, Hector, Todd, etc.

If it's in Fort Wayne again next year, or anywhere in the Midwest, color me there.

Until next time....

Zenboy

Good seeing you again as well. Would have liked to talk more, till next time. Maybe another go kart event, I won't have home court advantage this time. Got to hold my title
© CEG Archives