Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Got this back from the General Manager of Osceola Dragway today. Btw, its $20 to race, and $7 to watch. Its about 70 miles away from fort wayne, so not too bad. Track opens at 4 pm.

Jim,

Yes, the Friday night test and tunes are open to everyone. Vehicles running 13.99 or faster will need helmets. All convertibles are required to have a helmet. If you send me some info on your group once everything is finalized, I'll put something on our web page advertising it if you'd like.

Thanks,

Tim Medich
General Manager

And heres a message I got from Todd James, the SCCA director.

Jim,

The event is scheduled for May 22nd at Navistar in Fort Wayne. I will send you info and I would also like to talk with you to figure out how we can make the event a positive one for you and your club.

Thanks,

Todd James

So whose up for some drag racing?

Hehe, you know I'm there!
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Hehe, you know I'm there!

And I'll be coming in a close 2nd!!

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: News about Osceola Dragway and SCCA event. - 03/21/05 08:04 PM
The SCCA event is an auto-x event I hope!
That sounds like a lot of fun! Any other ATX's going to be running?
Originally posted by Stazi:
The SCCA event is an auto-x event I hope!

Yes, it will be an Auto-X event

Mark
what's it goins to cost to run the auto-x?
Originally posted by pole120:
what's it goins to cost to run the auto-x?

IIRC, Jim posted something saying it was also $20.00. I'd be willing to guess that watching will be free.

Mark
I believe its going to be $20 for non scca members and free to scca members.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
I believe its going to be $20 for non scca members and free to scca members.

SCCA thread

I knew it said $20.00.. Not sure what SCCA members pay(if any). Don't they generally pay a yearly fee?

Mark
SCCA members generally get like $5-10 off. Adds up during the season though.
Originally posted by todras:
SCCA members generally get like $5-10 off. Adds up during the season though.

Ok, i wasnt sure. Ill have to find out from Todd James.

So we're not drag'in but an autoX?

Both sound fun to me!

I take it we pay there and not you correct?
I can't rememer if is Oseola or US41, but one of them is 10X more redneck than Muncie...
I'll be up for an Auto-Cross .
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I can't rememer if is Oseola or US41, but one of them is 10X more redneck than Muncie...

better get that lift kit, mud bog tires and straight pipes on the lightning before you go
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

All I know is Chuck ran a 13.5 there with this SHO and he said it was a pretty nice track. Having a track is better than no track, because I really want to have a drag event this year.

Btw, Muncie isnt open on Friday the 20th. Unless of course we want to pay $1200 to rent it out. No thanks!
Posted By: Barge Re: News about Osceola Dragway and SCCA event. - 03/22/05 01:41 AM
I think I'll be doing both racing events....

Althought I expect to get smoked AutoX'ing seeing as how i've never done it before.
I'd be down, and hopefully i won't break anything.

~Alex
Originally posted by XKontour98:

So we're not drag'in but an autoX?

Nope, we're going both!

I take it we pay there and not you correct?

Correct, if you wanna drag or Auto-X, you'll pay at the event.

Mark
Thanks Y2K! I just might have to get in on them both! May be my only chance I get with this car! I might have to challenge Pre98 to a drag
Posted By: Pre98 Re: News about Osceola Dragway and SCCA event. - 03/22/05 07:51 PM
Hell yes!

Someone better get a vid of it, too!
Originally posted by Pre98:
Hell yes!

If my battery will allow the camera to stay on that long!

J/K!!

Mark
Posted By: Pre98 Re: News about Osceola Dragway and SCCA event. - 03/22/05 08:05 PM
lmao
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by Pre98:
Hell yes!

If my battery will allow the camera to stay on that long!

J/K!!

Mark

Hahaha it tookme amin but I finally go it! .......
last time I went drag racing I broke my tranny so I will think about that but I would like to autocross, i should buy some new tires before then.
Is it required to wear a helmet to AutoX?
Is it required to wear a helmet to AutoX?

Yup . Must be a "Snell" approved one too . Not sure which "date" Snell , I'm sure someone will chime in with the proper info (hope mine's still legal ) .
Yep Snell 2000.
Nope, snell 95 is still good as the snell 05 won't be available until roughly October of this year. I'll try to remember to bring my spare helmet.

Rick
DOh! I have a snell 00. Forgot 95's are still good.
mmm... I dunno if im going to autoX as it will likely be one of the only times i do it. I dont want to have to buy a helmet and then never use it again. They dont happen to rent them do they? I know a couple others in the same position.
SCCA usually has a couple to used as loaners to grab just before and return just after your run. Otherwise there will probably be a few cegers like myself that have a spare helmet.

Rick
Posted By: Stazi Re: News about Osceola Dragway and SCCA event. - 03/24/05 09:14 PM
You can buy Snell 2000 helmets for as little as $30.

Now I wouldn't use that helmet on my bike, but in your car doing an Auto-X, you'd be fine.
I knew someone would know the answer . Good to know Snell95 is still OK ... I'll get one more season outta mine .
I talked to Todd James yesterday about the Autocross event happening on Sunday at Navistar International here in Fort Wayne.

Registration 8:30-10:30
Drivers meeting 10:45
Start 11:00

Drivers need Snell approved 95+ helmets

Normally, it costs $15 for scca members and $20 for non scca members, but since were an organized group everyone receives the $15 group rate.

We will also have a seperate contour class and the top 3 runners will receive an award.
© CEG Archives