Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/18/05 05:43 AM
Been thinking about how to make people come to Spring Zing this year. I think I have an idea:

I will make a set of Quad Projector Headlights for a 98+ right there on scene at SZ. Then, one lucky CEGer will get to take the set home! I will bring all the tools and parts and then make a set one of the days there. I will work with the organizers of the event to see exactly which day.

Of course there is a catch. I need at least 50 of you to register before we can do this. Come on people we can do this!

Now there is another reason for you to come. What do you guys think?

Posted By: parkedcar Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/18/05 06:22 AM
damnit i wish i could make it out
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/18/05 06:44 AM
dammnit!! I wish I was going!! I wish I could win those
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/18/05 01:22 PM
Oh hell ya, good thing i'm going. Man if i went home with those. It would probably make the rest of my life.
We need to generate some interest guys, so this is a good start...
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/18/05 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Oh hell ya, good thing i'm going. Man if i went home with those. It would probably make the rest of my life.

I would install them in the parking lot. I would go ape for a free set of quad projectors.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/19/05 01:08 AM
me 2 wrestle you for them milan great idea you brining this up since many people are messing with their headlights these days. good seen you again.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/19/05 05:44 AM
Definitely a great incentive!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/19/05 06:02 AM
Wow that is a mighty fine offer. Can't wait to see hwo you do it. I'm deffiently there.. just need to register.. which I will do next week.
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/19/05 01:19 PM
what about us pre 98's and mystique guys. oh well I would just sell them i guess great idea though
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/19/05 01:39 PM
Originally posted by BSOELMAN:
oh well I would just sell them i guess great idea though

that was my thought as well!!...so now how many things are being raffled off at sz??...projo's,headers,maf adap,free pass to ex.hon.....just need to now how much extra $$ to bring
Now all you guys gotta do is get SZ of the ground. We are slowly registering people, but we need a bigger audience. If some of you new guys knew how much fun the event is, you would have registered looooong time ago... I have been to 3 SZs, and believe me, there is nothing like it!

Just imagine this: A parking full of modded Tours, and all the guys and gals there chilling and sipping on some fine brew... It's all there for you guys to experience.

I will never forget SZ 2002, when Mikey Boy, Charlie and me just walked around the hotel parking lot looking at over 80 Tours... at 5am! It's so crazy, you don't wanna sleep.

Only 25$ for the event, but the memories stay a lifetime...
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/19/05 04:08 PM
That should be put on a postcard. THis will be my first SZ... I should have went last year, seeing it went on like 15 minutes away from my house.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/19/05 06:44 PM
80!!! we'll get more in the next month or so...... i know of atleast 3 people waiting three weeks to register.......hopefully we'll get around 50...
It is so true guys. Just a good old time...
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/20/05 04:42 AM
last year was my first one and I wouldnt miss another one. Sure there were some orginization problems and it rained like the whole time but I had a great time just hangin with people who are just as nuts about a car as I am. Its only $25 and you have like three months to save for the hotel and stuff.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/21/05 02:36 PM
Milan - Will you still be posting a projector "How-To" on the boards in the next couple of weeks? I know you had originally planned on it, but wasn't sure if you were holding out for Spring Zing.

Tour96se- Bring money, lots and lots of money!!

Mark
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/21/05 03:46 PM
thats the answer i was looking for
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/22/05 02:18 PM
Originally posted by svttour:
me 2 wrestle you for them milan great idea you brining this up since many people are messing with their headlights these days. good seen you again.

Did someone say wrestling?!?! I'm game... hehe.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/22/05 02:49 PM
Originally posted by xchang:

You win...
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/22/05 09:22 PM
Originally posted by bnoon:
Originally posted by xchang:

You win...

ladies and gentlemen... lets get ready to rumble!!!~
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/22/05 09:26 PM

Rumble for projectors, Okay i'm in, but i'm bringing my body gaurd!
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/22/05 09:29 PM

ok ok lets not get violent... how about a nice game of poker to claim the grand prize of the projectors.!!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/22/05 09:52 PM

ok ok lets not get violent... how about a nice game of poker to claim the grand prize of the projectors.!!

Or we raffle them off as I think Milan had originally intended? Remember, all money brought in for raffle tickets goes straight to supporting CEG!!

Mark
I bet we could get more money by selling tickets to watch Chang wrestle us little people! I mean c'mon we all look like midgets next to him, LOL

Rick
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/22/05 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
I bet we could get more money by selling tickets to watch Chang wrestle us little people! I mean c'mon we all look like midgets next to him, LOL

Rick

You guys can wrestle all you want.. While you guys are deciding who gets to be Hulk Hogan and who's Andre The Giant, I'll be busy installing a certain set of projector headlights on my car

Mark
Well, not to burst anyone's bubble here, but there won't be any wrestling if we don't get people to sign up some more... We need to get this thing of the ground. 25 people for the CEG's Holiest event of the year just doesn't do it guys...

Lets get this done.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Well, not to burst anyone's bubble here, but there won't be any wrestling if we don't get people to sign up some more... We need to get this thing of the ground. 25 people for the CEG's Holiest event of the year just doesn't do it guys...

Lets get this done.

its still early we still have march and april to sign up....theres always the procastinators(sp)
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 01:41 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:

Lets get this done.

its still early we still have march and april to sign up....theres always the procastinators(sp)

Not to give exact #'s or anything, but there's actualy 29 people registered already.. It's not even March!! So things are definitely looking good so far.. Go to any of the regional forums and checkout the interest people have that are yet to sign up..

Mark
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 02:29 PM
I assume you have been practicing projector installation since your hiatus to now proclaim yourself the "Projector Godfather"?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
I assume you have been practicing projector installation since your hiatus to now proclaim yourself the "Projector Godfather"?

Uh-Ohhhhhhh.. Taking cover!!

Mark

Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

No, I'm not trying to start anything.

It's just hard for me to believe that after all that happened that such a self-proclamation would be made.

Hope the Workshop turns out well for everyone so that there aren't so many Projector posts in the future.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

No, I'm not trying to start anything.

It's just hard for me to believe that after all that happened that such a self-proclamation would be made.

Hope the Workshop turns out well for everyone so that there aren't so many Projector posts in the future.

Lame

I'm so sick of hearing this crap.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 05:14 PM
So true, so true.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 05:35 PM
the projector headlights you have made in the past milan looked hott but i heard from everyone that they leaked and fogged up all the time, whats different now, and what apoxy are you using to seal them up now that you didnt use before.
Posted By: Davo Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 05:43 PM

Rara is going to jump your bones for that, Pete.

...no further comment.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/23/05 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Davo:

Rara is going to jump your bones for that, Pete.

...no further comment.

I took my whipping earlier.

...no further comment.
AND YOU LIKED IT!

...no further comment.

I pretty much figured out why they leaked, and which area of the lights was the source of it... It is almost impossible to predict that they will never leak, but they should hold up much better then the 1st Gen lights did...
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/24/05 03:38 AM
how about a nice game of poker to claim the grand prize of the projectors.!!

if you really want to lose the projectors to me....i say yeah, lets play poker for em .
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/24/05 10:36 PM
so you are saying that they SHOULDNT leak like the first ones did ...or they WONT leak...there are others that can do this that they will not leak...shouldnt isnt good enough for me and i am sure isnt for many others here...what guarantee do we have,,,money back guaratnee???????????????? and i see you took the extra sig off of there "the godfather of projectors"
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/24/05 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
so you are saying that they SHOULDNT leak like the first ones did ...or they WONT leak...there are others that can do this that they will not leak...shouldnt isnt good enough for me and i am sure isnt for many others here...what guarantee do we have,,,money back guaratnee???????????????? and i see you took the extra sig off of there "the godfather of projectors"

We don't need none of this here.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:

Ohhhhh, you'd better watch out, you'd better not cry
You'd better not pout, I'm tellin you why
Mod-er-a-tors are watch-ing this post....

Custom HAND MADE parts do not always work as intended. The vast majority of the work has been done for you in the documenting posts of the CEG, no matter who your daddy is (or grandfather). "Shouldn't" becomes "doesn't" only after time tells. "Won't" only happens until it "does", then "won't" is an "is". Got it?

If you have ideas for improving the design, by all means share it with the group, but no more destructive criticism.

Tolerance is at an all time low right now in the moderator forums. Please, don't test us.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 12:39 AM
Ah the drama
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 03:16 AM

Ohhhhh, you'd better watch out, you'd better not cry
You'd better not pout, I'm tellin you why
Mod-er-a-tors are watch-ing this post....

I'm sorry.. thats freakin cute (I use that word lightly.

I dunno what all this bickering is about(well, I do.).. by gone's should be exaclty what they are... GONE. Cut the man some slack guys, for god sakes, he's going to make a set and raffle them off... I don't see anyone of you guys doing anything like this. And as Bnoon said... hand made is exactly what it is.. hand made. The only thing CLOSE to perfect is machines. Milan, I appreciate the offer you ahve made, and can not wait to see it at Spring ZIng. The car I am bringing already has a set of your infamous lights, needless to say I wanna see the man behind the lights.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 06:12 AM
The drama ends now. Anyone involved in furthering the drama, in public, will be immediately banned, I have no more tolerance for this.

Many people still have issues w/ Milan, and I certainly understand that, but take it to PMs or email. If you need help, PM me or Lance or one of the other Admin/Mod staff.

I'm just sick and tired of the drama clogging up the forums.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Rara:
The drama ends now. Anyone involved in furthering the drama, in public, will be immediately banned, I have no more tolerance for this.

Many people still have issues w/ Milan, and I certainly understand that, but take it to PMs or email. If you need help, PM me or Lance or one of the other Admin/Mod staff.

AMEN my Brother!

OK, can we go back to wrestling? I am really in the mood now that lost my job.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Rara:

True Dat!!

And by the way, if haven't read this statement in the registration thread....
Originally posted by BeyondloadedSE:
PS. If you send a bad check, Y2KSVT will personally kick you in the nuts.

This also pertains to the people that start drama at SZ05. And I've said it before, if anyone even THINKS they're going to have a problem, I suggest you rethink your decision to attend the event. My foot will end up getting sore from all the junk kicking that I have to do

Mark
Dang, guess I better not come. I was planning on roughing up some Hahn boys! So do I at least get my money back?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 03:12 PM
So... cow-tipping is considered starting stuff then.

What about revving our engines and flashing lights at the amish?

I'll make sure to wear a cup...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 03:35 PM
Hahaa you guys know what I mean, and if we see any cows or amish in any of the areas of Fort Wayne that we'll be, Im moving!! lol

Mark
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Dang, guess I better not come. I was planning on roughing up some Hahn boys! So do I at least get my money back?

I'll give you 10 cents on the dollar to sell me your spot Rick!

I don't have to wear a cup... When I leave the house, my wife takes them from me to make sure I don't get into trouble.

Milan, I'm really looking foward to coming to SZ and seeing you and your lights, workshop or not.

Now, back to the gym to workout to be able to beat up on XChang! Hand me those 100 pounders for my next set of pinky curls... "Chineseman say: Puta me down you Cajunman sirry tarkin American nedreck!"
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 05:17 PM

Ill give you $7.50 for everything ...Beat that offer brad...
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 05:23 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAA! $7.50 is 10 cents on the dollar for registration and the dyno costs! How about we go halfsies I'll let you have the banquet meal, I get the T-shirt, and we each put one wheel on the dyno?
I don't have to wear a cup... When I leave the house, my wife takes them from me to make sure I don't get into trouble.

Milan, I'm really looking foward to coming to SZ and seeing you and your lights, workshop or not.

WIFE??? Wow, it HAS been a long time man! Anyhow, congrats man... Also, I can't wait to hook up with ya man! So glad you're gonna make it this time.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 05:53 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAA! $7.50 is 10 cents on the dollar for registration and the dyno costs! How about we go halfsies I'll let you have the banquet meal, I get the T-shirt, and we each put one wheel on the dyno?

lmfao at least you got my joke....
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 06:02 PM

The funny part is that I started to type "Oh yeah, well I'll go 8 bu...." Then was like, hey! Wait a minute!

WIFE??? Wow, it HAS been a long time man! Anyhow, congrats man... Also, I can't wait to hook up with ya man! So glad you're gonna make it this time.

Yup. Bon and I got hitched on this past November 7th on our 7 year anniversary in Vegas, then went to Hawaii for a week long honeymoon.

I'm still trying to make the money thing work... I just gotta get busy on some more BNM products piling up in the garage!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 02/25/05 09:32 PM

The funny part is that I started to type "Oh yeah, well I'll go 8 bu...." Then was like, hey! Wait a minute!

Hahaha
I know ur gonna raffle off a set of ur projector headlights, but what if some1 wanted to purchase a set off of you?!
Originally posted by reallyBIGfuzzy:
I know ur gonna raffle off a set of ur projector headlights, but what if some1 wanted to purchase a set off of you?!

Sorry to disappoint you, but I do not sell them anymore...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Projector Workshop At Spring Zing - 03/01/05 07:27 PM
Originally posted by reallyBIGfuzzy:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I do not sell them anymore...

Milan,
Do you still plan to do a detailed "How-To" on the projectors? I'll obviously be at Spring Zing so I'll be able to watch your demonstration, but it'd be nice to have a How-To for if/when I decide to attempt the projectors.

Mark
The "How To" is in the works, just don't know when I will be done with it...

© CEG Archives