Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: liquidX Road trip departing from Florida... - 02/17/05 05:20 PM
I am interested in attending the Spring Zing, but wanted to see how many Florida CEGrs are willing to head out together in a convoy if any are going at all. The Indiana trip should represent no more than 22 hours of travel from Miami, and around 18 from the Orlando Area.

I have 4 walkie talkies if anyone is interested in the lead/tail positions of the convoy. Holla at me and let's see if we can structure a successfull road trip.

XL

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 02/17/05 06:38 PM
I've said this a few times before, dont know if you caught it. I will be going from SZ to Florida (driving home from school for the summer). My stop is Ocala. svttour is going too, so I bet he would be willing to roadtrip, both ways
Posted By: liquidX Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 02/18/05 01:04 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
I've said this a few times before, dont know if you caught it. I will be going from SZ to Florida (driving home from school for the summer). My stop is Ocala. svttour is going too, so I bet he would be willing to roadtrip, both ways

To understandin you better, are you suggesting a departure point from Ocala? Let me know...

XL
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 02/18/05 01:35 AM
nope. i got to school in colorado, so i will be leaving from here to go to spring zing. from spring zing i will continue on home (my actual home) in ocala. me and the tour are gonna enjoy the summer at sea level. mmmmmmm, power!
svttour is around miami iirc.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 02/19/05 01:05 AM
yeaaaaaaah booiiii... im in hollywood just outside of mia. we can get a few cars to caravan the whole way makes me feel better contourracing is going to hes in my area.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 02/19/05 01:19 AM
Originally posted by svttour:
yeaaaaaaah booiiii... im in hollywood just outside of mia. we can get a few cars to caravan the whole way makes me feel better contourracing is going to hes in my area.

Let's get it started in here!

XL
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 02/20/05 01:30 AM
yes i am....lets go
Posted By: liquidX Re: Follow-Up - 02/22/05 09:23 PM
Okay, I was doing some financial calculations, and it's looking good for May. By then I should have my headers, Koni's, and GPS navigation system installed. Stut braces are an option but would be nice to have. Either way, who has done thier numbers and is going for sure?

I might have a roomate to help me split the hotel room, but if he does not end up going, then I suppose one or two persons can stay in my room. I am trying to get a double bed so that my girlfriend plus another couple can make it.
Let me know what's up guys...

XL
Posted By: liquidX Re: Where ma Florida peeps at??????? - 03/09/05 04:21 PM
I need some Florida updates!!! Who is going for sure, who is not?! Also, I have 4 walkie talkies for the 24hr + trip. So I am open to suggestions as to who will want the 1.) Lead, 2.) Co-Pilot, 3.)Trailing 4.) Co-Trailing car. I am ready to register as well as reserve hotel rooms but I want to make sure I have a squad of at least 10 tours heading out together from Florida (It helps for in the unfortunate but possible event of mechanical issues, we all got each other's back). Where ma Florida peeps at???

XL
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Where ma Florida peeps at??????? - 03/09/05 04:38 PM
Originally posted by durateX:
I need some Florida updates!!! Who is going for sure, who is not?! Also, I have 4 walkie talkies for the 24hr + trip. So I am open to suggestions as to who will want the 1.) Lead, 2.) Co-Pilot, 3.)Trailing 4.) Co-Trailing car. I am ready to register as well as reserve hotel rooms but I want to make sure I have a squad of at least 10 tours heading out together from Florida (It helps for in the unfortunate but possible event of mechanical issues, we all got each other's back). Where ma Florida peeps at???

XL

Im hoping that you'll still come if you can't get 10 FL CEG'ers to attend.. Im sure it'll be tough to get 10 people to make the trip, but if you can that's awesome!! Just hope that doesn't deter you from coming..

Mark
Dude you guys are awesome! We can barely get people as far as 100 miles away to attend... You guys are great!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Where ma Florida peeps at??????? - 03/10/05 02:09 AM
hey im coming from colorado and then going to florida

and auiotour is coming from washington state i believe. talk about diehard!
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Where ma Florida peeps at??????? - 03/10/05 04:15 PM
Convoy tip: Buy a metal imp. water pump to bring with you. If nobody ends up needing it, return it when you get home and tell them you ended up having a bad t-stat and didn't need the wp. Couple of gallons of water/coolant too = cheap insurance.
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 03/10/05 09:18 PM
I dont know if your route comes near Mass. at all, but if it does we have a convoy leaving thursay morning. It would be cool if we could coordinate it so we could join convoy's. Just a thought. PM me
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 03/10/05 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SVT25:
I dont know if your route comes near Mass. at all, but if it does we have a convoy leaving thursay morning. It would be cool if we could coordinate it so we could join convoy's. Just a thought. PM me

Geography tells me DurateX probably won't be anywhere near New England.. I'm thinking he'll be coming straight north from Tennessee, up through Kentucky and into Indiana..

Mark
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Road trip departing from Florida... - 03/10/05 10:32 PM
hey duratex im already registered and im going to be rooming with brad noon most likely. We can fit some more people in the room to make it cheaper its going to be expenxive for us FL trip takers. Gas is also going up .15 in spring so theres more crap for us. I know contourracing20 is signing up to go aswell. pm me with your # and we can go over things
Posted By: liquidX As a final attempt... - 04/20/05 05:59 PM
Just want to see how many people in Florida are 100% registered and going. I am not saying anything yet, just want to check the standings (Do you have a room mate, where in Florida are you departing from, etc...)... Simple yes or no will do... Holla!!!

XL
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: As a final attempt... - 04/20/05 07:25 PM
Dah... shush it and come.. ya big baby with your big wheels and stuff. Only a 20 hour drive.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: As a final attempt... - 04/20/05 07:30 PM
I am 100% going, 50% from Florida. Same as before.

Just go man! You know you will regret it later if you dont. That I know 100%.
Posted By: Stazi Re: As a final attempt... - 04/20/05 07:37 PM
Grow a set and drive there on your own.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: As a final attempt... - 04/20/05 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Grow a set and drive there on your own.

F'n w3rd. What are you 12 mang?
© CEG Archives