Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 01:26 PM
Just curious. Everyone seemed to have a good time for the one we planned in '02. Well, those w/o bad directions.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 01:36 PM
And those that didn't get pulled over!

I suggested this to the guys so hopefully they can find the time to put it together.

Rick
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 02:03 PM
We really enjoyed the '02 road rally (won 2nd because we didn't speed! oh and because we had the good directions ) The elky/jsmith (aka beavis & butthead) road rally footage is classic, although it didn't make it onto the offical SZ video.

I'd definitely be up for it again.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 02:27 PM
i have no idea what your talking about, but count me in
Posted By: ElKy Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 02:56 PM
heh heh yeah yeah

i would definitly be in for another rally.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 05:53 PM
Hmmm....where was I when this happened in SZ 02. Maybe I was at the dyno day.

Yes, Rick brought this up to me earlier and seems like a fun idea. We'll see if we cant pull one together.

Also, Rick mentioned possibly everyone driving to a drive-in movie theatre. What do you guys think about that?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 05:56 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

Also, Rick mentioned possibly everyone driving to a drive-in movie theatre.

THEY STILL EXIST?! Good night time activity. Need a day time activity on Fri. for those of us that don't want to stand around watching cars dyno.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 06:01 PM
There is actually two semi-close to the Ft...ones about an hr drive from ft wayne, and the other about 30 minutes or so....

Originally posted by todras:

Also, Rick mentioned possibly everyone driving to a drive-in movie theatre.

THEY STILL EXIST?! Good night time activity. Need a day time activity on Fri. for those of us that don't want to stand around watching cars dyno.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 06:05 PM
SCCA over view of a Road Rally.

http://www.scca.org/Rally/RoadRally.asp?IdS=078D67-D7D2C60&x=040|045&~=
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 06:13 PM
drive-in for one of the night activities also sounds like a fun idea. Definitely something to set this apart from other Spring Zings and give it a little extra flair.

Posted By: Davo Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 08:38 PM

I'm sure we can find something Todd. But yeah, I definitely don't want to stand around and watch people dyno.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 08:45 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
give it a little extra flair.

Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Davo:

I'm sure we can find something Todd. But yeah, I definitely don't want to stand around and watch people dyno.

As cool as it is i dont feel like it either, God i hope it dont rain like it did last year That was crazy Yo
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 01/31/05 10:01 PM
a rally sounds fun, but i would have a heck of a time with navagation considering i have no partner and my speedo is in KPH.

Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 12:26 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
give it a little extra flair.

Damn , I love that movie !

BTW - For those who don't remember it , the SZ-02 road rally was held during the Gilmore Car museum part of the weekend . It was a hoot ... count me in for another .
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 02:19 AM
Drive in would be awesome!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 02:51 PM
What kind of events are you guys looking at if you don't want to attend the dyno? Jim and myself will both be there for most likely the full day, so if there are any suggenstions, I'll definitely look into them.

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 03:05 PM
Man, there are an abundance of things to do in the Fort...you have the Fort Wayne Zoo, the Corvette Musuem, the Lincoln Musuem, the Art place there on Main Street, etc....

But, in all seriousness isn't there a paintball place out that way?

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
What kind of events are you guys looking at if you don't want to attend the dyno? Jim and myself will both be there for most likely the full day, so if there are any suggenstions, I'll definitely look into them.

Mark

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 03:44 PM
What kind of events are you guys looking at if you don't want to attend the dyno?

A road rally.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 06:15 PM
What kind of events are you guys looking at if you don't want to attend the dyno?

A road rally.

You wanna go a little more into detail on this "road rally"? I didn't attend SZ02 so I'm a little unclear as to what this is.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 06:31 PM
SCCA over view of a Road Rally.

http://www.scca.org/Rally/RoadRally.asp?IdS=078D67-D7D2C60&x=040|045&~=

As I posted already.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 06:41 PM
It's kinda like a scavenger hunt, only you answer questions instead of collect items, and there's a set route to take.

For example, "what did the Mobil station on First street have posted as the price per gal of 89 octane"
or "how many garage doors can you count between A Street and B street".

Posted By: Davo Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 06:55 PM

It doesn't have to be anything planned. If it's just an open day, so be it. But we will take suggestions on things to do in and around your town. I certainly don't need something to be SZ-sanctioned in order to do it. I get the feeling a 'road rally' would consist of doing 120mph everywhere anyways.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 07:38 PM
I get the feeling a 'road rally' would consist of doing 120mph everywhere anyways.

This was my concern. Fort Wayne Police are about as tight as a Dolphin's a$$. Didn't want to see people ruining a fun weekend with a ticket, as I did at SZ04 trying to catch up with Mikey Boy.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 08:28 PM
Holy [censored] I'm glad ppl are reading the scca post on what it is. Yea let's plan something that involves illegal speed on public roads. I quit. Guess it's too hard to read. We only had a problem with one speeder. That was his doing and would have been responsible if he got caught. A R.R. is a test of wit not speed!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 08:29 PM
there will be no 140mph runs during the rally.
who ever sets up the route does so going the speed limit.
they know how long it takes going the speed limit and approximatley how many miles it is to complete it.

part of the scoring is based on how close to the set time and mileage each team comes.

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 08:45 PM
exactly. i have help put on a road rally before, though not quite to scca rules. the rally we made was about an hour and a half long (ehh, maybe a little longer). we used clues for directions (if their was a huge boot billboard where you needed to turn left, the directions were something like "turn left at the size 12" or something like that). you have to go EXACTLY the speed limit the whole time. the people who put on the event have to run the course 3 or 4 times, slowing down or speeding up right at the speed limit signs. the average of those runs is the target time for the group.

everyone is started a few min. apart (scca rules i guess) with a driver, and as many navagaters as they want. the winner is the car that comes as close to the target time as possible. give 'em a trophy or somthing.

speeding results in a losing time, everytime.

oh, the roads we used in our rally were all out in the country, so stoplights and traffic were made as small of a problem as possible.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 08:52 PM
Holy [censored] I'm glad ppl are reading the scca post on what it is. Guess it's too hard to read.

Holy [censored], I'm glad some of us actually have to work!! I don't have time to read every bit of literature on CEG believe it or not. Organizing an event like this isn't exactly a 10 minute daily routine either. I think Frenchblue did a nice job of summing it up by saying it is a scavenger hunt and told a little bit of detail on it. This is my only means of internet and I get on here periodicly to skim through and make updates if/when necessary. Next time I'll print off all of your links and take them home overnight to read

Ok, now that that's overwith.. I'll talk with Jim about setting up this Road Rally event.. As I've lived in this town my whole life, you can rest assured the map will be 100% accurate.

P.S. Take my attitude with a grain of salt. We just laid 15 people off, 4 people have quit in the last 2 weeks, and instead of hiring more people, the rest of us are absorbing their already huge workloads, ontop of our own. So yes, my bloodpressure level is probably through the roof!!

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 08:58 PM
Todd, this is the CEG, one would think you' be used to this
Holy [censored] I'm glad ppl are reading the scca post on what it is. Yea let's plan something that involves illegal speed on public roads. I quit. Guess it's too hard to read. We only had a problem with one speeder. That was his doing and would have been responsible if he got caught. A R.R. is a test of wit not speed!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 09:01 PM

Holy [censored], I'm glad some of us actually have to work!! I don't have time to read every bit of literature on CEG believe it or not. Organizing an event like this isn't exactly a 10 minute daily routine either.

Yea because I wouldn't know anything about that.

Next time I'll print off all of your links and take them home overnight to read

Great piss poor attitude for someone planning a SZ. We're coming with ideas and this is your response?! I'll cut and paste the link I posted since it's apparently a huge chore to take a 5 minute read.

Two people (a driver and a navigator) in ordinary cars make up a rally team.

A RoadRally is traversed over public roads within the legal speed limit. The challenge is to drive on time, arriving at points along the route neither early nor late (it's NOT a race). Each team needs a simple watch which can be synchronized to match official time, as well as something to write on and with. Interior lighting (map lights, a flashlight, etc) is also a good idea for night rallies.

After receiving and browsing the route book, cars start at one minute intervals. The first section, a short 10-15 mile route, is called the "Odometer Calibration Zone," and is used to calibrate the rally car's odometer to the official mileage used to measure the course by the rallymaster. After this section, the competition really begins, as you must follow the course using the instructions in the route book, as well as the general instructions that govern the rally. Meanwhile, you must also stay on time, based on the average speeds given in the instructions at various points through the routes.

A Contest of Precision

At various points, unknown to the competitors, timing controls (checkpoints) will be encountered. Since the rallymaster knows the exact distance and speeds you should have traveled to reach the checkpoint, the "perfect time" of arrival can be calculated. You are timed at the moment you reach the control, and will receive penalty points for arriving either early OR late. You are then given information about the last leg, as well as a time to start the next leg, and a clean start to challenge the clock. This is a contest of precision, not a race, and each leg is scored separately. If you are early or late at one control, you cannot make up for it by being late or early at the next. At the conclusion, scores for all legs are totaled, and the lowest score wins (just like golf). Sound easy? Well, just as in golf, it takes practice to get very good scores.

Regardless of how well you score, rallying is a lot of fun if you like to spend time in your car, see some scenery and spend time with congenial people. Rallies usually end at a location where munchies and beverages are available. You can join the rest of the crowd in discussing how the event went and how you did, while waiting for the final scores to be calculated and trophies to be awarded.

Events For All Levels of Experience

A Touring rally is a time-speed-distance contest with straight-forward course following. There is never a deliberate attempt to lead the contestant off course, and typically redundant/confirming instructions are provided if there is an apparent opportunity to get lost. Since there is less challenge in staying on course, the competition usually either tests the driver with challenging roads, and/or tests the navigator with precise calculations. A typical National Tour rally with a minimum of 24 controls is won with an average of less than one point per control, and often with less than 10 points total (or a total error for the day of under 6 seconds!).

A Course rally is also a time-speed-distance event, but requires logic to determine where the course goes, as well as the skills to remain at the assigned average speed. These contests emphasize mental agility as much as on the road skills. The ability to think quickly is necessary, often described as "Chess on wheels." If you are a "puzzle" person, then Course rallying is for you. Scores are generally higher as navigating the course correctly by solving the "traps" laid by the rallymaster plays a much bigger role in final scores than very accurate timekeeping.

You're one of the ones that wanted to take this on so you can quit your whining.

Image removed because of profanity. You know better. -BN

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 09:05 PM
there's really no need for that
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 09:43 PM
And you obviously didn't take the time to read my post that I don't have time to read EVERY post you put on here. Does that mean I won't take anything into consideration, or that I don't do everything I can to read posts? Afterall, you were whining that I didn't read your post, and all I did was state that I thought this was going to turn into something where people would be speeding all over town. Sure, the event is designed so people don't speed, but say you miss a turn/clue, and you have to make up some ground.. What is your natural instinct? SPEED!!! Sorry if you have to take everything out of context there Todd.. If you don't care for my organization skills, then you can send me a PM. Otherwise you can keep your comments to yourself because you don't know how much time I already have, and will continue to contribute to planning this event.

Mark
Posted By: m!key Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 11:01 PM
now now boys, be nice, kiss and make up. this is going to be a ton of fun no matter what we do.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/01/05 11:51 PM
Alright children, lets pipe down a bit.

Todd, in Marks defense, the only time he has internet access is at work, and about the whole time he may have time is during his lunch break. So most of the reading and stuff like that is done by me. Just because he doesnt have time to read a very in depth article does not make him a poor organizer for SZ. In fact, everyone can thank him for setting up a dyno day at Dynotech, calling around to numerous hotels for a banquet hall and a reasonable rate, calling about 3 or 4 different catering companies, as well as a awards/trophy business for the awards presentation.
Posted By: ZenBoy_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/07/05 10:14 PM
This was my concern. Fort Wayne Police are about as tight as a Dolphin's a$$. Didn't want to see people ruining a fun weekend with a ticket, as I did at SZ04 trying to catch up with Mikey Boy.

Mark

Interesting. I've never interacted with a dolphin's a$$, myself - exactly how tight is that?

Does anyone else here remember (other than Chris and James) remember the Spring Zing and National meets of old, when we would run the river flats in Missouri?

Ahhhh, good times, good times....

Posted By: Stazi Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/08/05 04:37 PM
Alright children, lets pipe down a bit.

Todd, in Marks defense, the only time he has internet access is at work, and about the whole time he may have time is during his lunch break. So most of the reading and stuff like that is done by me. Just because he doesnt have time to read a very in depth article does not make him a poor organizer for SZ. In fact, everyone can thank him for setting up a dyno day at Dynotech, calling around to numerous hotels for a banquet hall and a reasonable rate, calling about 3 or 4 different catering companies, as well as a awards/trophy business for the awards presentation.

Hopefully the catering company is better than last years. I think they served more food at concentration camps than what we got at Kart-2-Kart.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/08/05 05:30 PM
I would certainly hope not! Basically what were doing this year is instead of everyone just serving themselves and the last people getting short changed, a catering company will actually serve everyone a meal. Im not sure if some people ate last year at the banquet that didn't pay, but that wont be happening this year. Were buying the exact number of meals of people registered.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/08/05 05:39 PM
You might want to rethink that....
Rara, WorldTour, EuroTour, Barge and Chang can all eat 3 meals a piece!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/08/05 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

Hopefully the catering company is better than last years. I think they served more food at concentration camps than what we got at Kart-2-Kart.

Don't bring that up!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/08/05 07:19 PM
If I end up going, and I hope I can, I would be 100% down for either a rally, or like someone mentioned, some paintball
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/08/05 08:49 PM
Originally posted by zenboy:
Does anyone else here remember (other than Chris and James) remember the Spring Zing and National meets of old, when we would run the river flats in Missouri?

Ahhhh, good times, good times....

and along with that, ooogling over an SMA 3" quasi-dual exhaust and chasing after low 15 second timeslips in 80 degree temps with 100% humidity... Then watching electric superchargers bounce behind my car on the way home and get smashed by a big rig... Ahhhhhhhh, memories...
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 03:13 AM
I don't know if anyone tried to eat free last year or not... but what they regarded as a serving was not practical... a 2"x2" piece of lasagna was per person.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 03:17 AM
You might want to rethink that....
Rara, WorldTour, EuroTour, Barge and Chang can all eat 3 meals a piece!

3 meals... You must have low expectations for me, don't you?
Posted By: Davo Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 06:37 PM

Yep. We were definitely served the Aushwitz proportions. The desserts looked like bird food also.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 06:51 PM

Yep. We were definitely served the Aushwitz proportions. The desserts looked like bird food also.

Yep as stated last year the caterer dropped the ball. Let's rehash it again and again. Maybe bring it up for the next decade.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 06:57 PM
I told Todd that he needed to order more, but he said there was plenty, even EXTRA food!

Todd's a dirty whore!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 07:03 PM
I told Todd that he needed to order more, but he said there was plenty, even EXTRA food!

Was no need if ppl took 1 piece not 5. I did not know the pieces were 2". As stated last year, again. So once again ...
Posted By: Stazi Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 07:17 PM
Oohhh touchy!

Don't worry Todd, I'm sure you'll find you soul-mate someday. Peace-Out...

PS I'm teasing you bish!

In all honesty, as SOON as I saw those trays I said "There ARE more trays of food right?".

It was K2K's f-up not yours so relax killer!
Posted By: Davo Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 07:44 PM
In all honesty, as SOON as I saw those trays I said "There ARE more trays of food right?".

No, according to Todd, a 1" X 1" piece of lasagna and a cracker is enough food. Strange, coming from Todd.

I'm sure if it was someone else's f up that you wouldn't bring it up multiple times Todd.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 07:57 PM
You guys are coming to Fort Wayne. We are one of the most obese city's in the USA. You think we don't hook it up with our portioning? By the way, I'm thinking that it'll be hard to rassion the portions that much with what will most likely be the meal.

Chicken breast
Baked Potato
Salad
Roll
Iced Tea/Lemonade

This is not "official" but I think it will suit the most people coming.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 08:04 PM

No, according to Todd, a 1" X 1" piece of lasagna and a cracker is enough food.

Posted By: Davo Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 08:31 PM

Was no need if ppl took 1 piece not 5. I did not know the pieces were 2". As stated last year, again. So once again ...

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 09:14 PM
Still have no idea WTF you're talking about. Since you copied and pasted what was said. I don't even care since this happened a year ago and everything that could be said has been. You know don't even answer my post.
Posted By: Davo Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 09:31 PM
You're saying there would have been no need to bring in more food if people would have only had one serving. I'm saying there's no way that amount of food could be distributed in any kind of effective manner amongst dozens of grown males. Let me know if you want me to draw pictures for you.

I don't care that it happened, since I was still full from the two Arby's Chicken Cordon Blue I had the day before, but when you pay $80 (not including hotel) for an event, you kind of expect more to happen. This makes me wonder what the Indiana guys have in store for us at less than a third of the cost. I'm confident.

Todd:
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 09:40 PM
You're saying there would have been no need to bring in more food if people would have only had one serving. I'm saying there's no way that amount of food could be distributed in any kind of effective manner amongst dozens of grown males. Let me know if you want me to draw pictures for you.

No, still wouldn't have been close to enough. I was told a layer got left off by the caterer afterwards. That still wouldn't have been enough. I didn't see the portions ppl took either. Shouldn't have mattered since we should have had enough for ppl to eat as much as they wanted for the $ we paid. I think the guy at K2K thought I was going to start swinging. At least they got us pizza. Too little too late though. Oh well I'm sure no one else will have the same issue no matter where it's at. Just happened to happen to us.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 10:15 PM
This makes me wonder what the Indiana guys have in store for us at less than a third of the cost. I'm confident.

I think everyone will be VERY pleased with what you will receive for your $25.00. It's definitely being put to good use. Jim and I keep thinking of better ways to use the the registration fee that there's no way we can disappoint. And Davo, thanks for your confidence in us, it looks like you've got 20 other people right now that feel the same way. Now REGISTER!!

20 Registered by 2/9/05!!!!

Mark
Posted By: Davo Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/09/05 10:25 PM
I know, I know. That period of time is pretty complicated right now, so I have to hold back. I'm trying to decide if I can forego geekdom and go without seeing Ep III at the midnight showing, like I did for the first two. Plus I don't know what my work situation will be.

I really do want to go though.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Road Rally planned? - 02/10/05 01:12 AM
Oohhh touchy!

It was K2K's f-up not yours so relax killer!

Agreed... Todd, you're not the one who designed the servings, it's not on you at all...

K2K should not have allowed that caterer to come back after their last screw up (where they completely stood up a function)... and that caterer should understand that in a buffet... err on the side of slight overfeeding.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/10/05 11:15 PM
Road Rally was set up this weekend. Mark and I planned one out and drove the course. Should show the big highlights of Fort Wayne.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/10/05 11:54 PM
Road Rally was set up this weekend. Mark and I planned one out and drove the course. Should show the big highlights of Fort Wayne.

Schweet! Sound slike a blast! I am also confident that these guys will put together one heck of a party!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 12:25 AM
oh man, you should have seen the bonfire party Mark threw last night at his place. The hardest ive laughed in a long time.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 12:27 AM
Road rally= great idea!

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 03:13 AM
let's just hope no one gets pulled over

~Alex
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 04:16 AM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:

~Alex

I can almost guarentee if its anyone it will likely be me!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 04:23 AM
speed is not the object of this road rally. Its more of a "figure out" where to turn by clues and whoever completes the course with the closest time to the original (Mark and myself) time wins. We drove the speed limit as its recommend in the scca guidelines.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 12:13 PM
you guys rock
thanks for setting that up
should be a blast
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 01:17 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:

~Alex

....i think i've got a better chance...put the true duals on saturday morning,i've been pulled over twice and followed for several low rpm miles
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 04:14 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
Originally posted by XKontour98:

~Alex

....i think i've got a better chance...put the true duals on saturday morning,i've been pulled over twice and followed for several low rpm miles

thats pretty funny. sounds like you need to move, to say, somewhere in florida. they dont give a crap down there. i ran my f-150 with a 351 with true dual straight pipes (not cats no nothin') for a couple of months without the slightest problem sounded like a damn top fuel dragster until i decided enough was enough and put twin flowmaster 40 series on her. she sounded REAL pretty after that.

on another note, having participated in a road rally before, if you speed you lose! you want to maintain the speedlimit as best as possible. the target time is set by doing so. too fast and you lose!

lastly, im assuming this will take place while i am flogging my car on the dyno? im thinking i might bring my stock accordian intake pipe to see if there is a difference with that vs. the bat pipe. the dyno list seems thin for a days worth.

hell with how fast some people can swap manifolds (stazi, demon) maybe ill bring my stock exhaust manifolds! riiiiiiigggghhhhhttttt. . . . .
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 10:11 PM
Anyone have a copy of the official video from 02 i could see ?
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/11/05 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SVT25:
Anyone have a copy of the official video from 02 i could see ?

I believe xchang will be giving away a few as door prizes at the banquet. Im sure you could always buy one from him.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/12/05 01:27 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZsc:

you guys got any good hookers down there?...i need a date for the drive-in
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/12/05 02:31 PM
Originally posted by pole120:

Off the top of my head, Rtstabler51's mom is the only one I can think of

Mark
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/12/05 10:38 PM
OUCH...
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/12/05 11:27 PM

Well Pre98 is gonna be there and he's known as a preety big pic Whore....would that work?

jk Bill
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/13/05 02:20 AM
I'm a slut for photography what can I say
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/13/05 05:51 PM

Mark

aged like a fine wine
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/13/05 06:45 PM
she turned her clients over to your sister. Haven't you wondered why she's been walking funny lately?

Mark

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/13/05 06:52 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
she turned her clients over to your sister. Haven't you wondered why she's been walking funny lately?

Ryan, point set match.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Road Rally planned? - 04/13/05 06:58 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Ryan, point set match.

Nah, Ryan's been ing over my sister for years. Even if my sister was a hooker, I'm sure she'd feel bad for taking Ryan's money when he wouldn't even get his own pants off before he blew his goo

Mark
© CEG Archives