Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: turbocat MTX75 - 03/05/04 07:07 AM
is the zetec MTX75 the same as the one on the duratec ?
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: MTX75 - 03/05/04 07:19 AM
No, the bellhousings are different.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: MTX75 - 03/06/04 01:55 AM
and the 6 speed out of the focus SVT is also diffrent...won;t bolt to the V6 with out modification to the bellhousing and adapter plate.

Roz
Posted By: turbocat Re: MTX75 - 03/07/04 08:09 AM
what would i have to mod on the housing?
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: MTX75 - 03/07/04 08:46 AM
From my understanding the bell housing and shaft are not designed to mate to our motors...you would have to refabricate the shaft and housing in order to get it to work....your looking at a few thousdand dollars of R$D to get it to work

Personaly i havent heard of anyone yet getting to work yet..but i know in the past that a lot of Veteran CEGers siad currently for the cost of it to work, its not possible.

Lupe
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: MTX75 - 03/07/04 05:20 PM
It could be that no one has tried it because everyone "thinks" it will cost thousands in R&D.

No one wanted to do 3L swaps in the beginning either....
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: MTX75 - 03/07/04 09:23 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
It could be that no one has tried it because everyone "thinks" it will cost thousands in R&D.

No one wanted to do 3L swaps in the beginning either....

Thats tru warmonger, but if i remember correctly DemonSVT or another Veteran also expressed problems witht the Trans stength after the "modifications" had been done....But thats all i know or remember.

Its been a while for me since i researched that project...whats your opinion on the integrity of the trany? Maybe we should continue this in a PM and not hijack the thread?

Im just looking for a new perspective.

Thanks!!!

Roz
Posted By: gearhead98 Re: MTX75 - 03/08/04 02:49 AM
this maybe completly off the wall but im just throwing something out

if you could use a zetec mtx75 in a duratec simply by changing the bellhousing( dont know if it is true) would it not be as easy to take the FSVT 6 speed tranny and do the same, somebody correct me please so i dont feel smart
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: MTX75 - 03/08/04 04:28 AM
no, can't do. too many other mod's to make it work, ask Terry haines. . .
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: MTX75 - 03/08/04 02:44 PM
They are not even the same type of trans. If the transmission uses a bolt-on bell housing on the FSVT 6speed then it would be possible. If it is a two piece tranny with integrated bell housing like the MTX-75, then I doubt it.

Comparing the bolt patterns and seeing how far off they were would be the best thing. Some times if they are close you can build a spacer/adapter but then your input shaft length has to be considered.
I will say this much, they both bolt to a Zetec, so that is the only common denominator. Isn't the FSVT tranny a Getrag tranny? If we assume it is meant for more than one car then it is possible the bell housing is removable or alterable.
Posted By: gearhead98 Re: MTX75 - 03/08/04 03:56 PM
yeah it is a getrag but i knew i was wrong thanks for correcting me
© CEG Archives