Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI CSVT with Getrag - 11/24/03 12:34 AM
ANyone know if the 6 speed getrag out of a FOcus SVT will fit a COntour SVT? Has anyone tried it and succeeded? Just curious, I'd like to have a 6 speed because I travel tons in my SVT, and doing around 90 at 3500RPMS doesn't seem efficient. Seems like another gear to drop that down to 2000 would be a gift from above.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: CSVT with Getrag - 11/24/03 12:56 AM
This has been covered many times and yet it still keeps poping up.

It has a different bell housing since it is made to mate up to a Zetec. It is not as strong as the MTX-75 and probably cannot handle the torque of the CSVT.

As far as I know, no one has tried to make it fit. Knowing that you would have to adapt the bell housing and the shift linkage and that it is not as strong as the original trans, do you want to be the first to try?
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: CSVT with Getrag - 11/24/03 01:08 AM
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
ANyone know if the 6 speed getrag out of a FOcus SVT will fit a COntour SVT? Has anyone tried it and succeeded? Just curious, I'd like to have a 6 speed because I travel tons in my SVT, and doing around 90 at 3500RPMS doesn't seem efficient. Seems like another gear to drop that down to 2000 would be a gift from above.

all in all, its really not that bad i dont think. I still manage to get 30+ mpg on the highway doing 70-75 mph. if your really concerned about revving high, then get the zetec final drive ratio. youll sacrfice your acceleration, to gain some higher top end, but your revs will be lower. Not something i would do imo on a 2.5L.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: CSVT with Getrag - 11/24/03 01:33 AM
I agree with you both. Just a curious question. Thanks for the response.
© CEG Archives