Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I was pulling up to a stop sign and the car jerked twice, but I thought I just slipped on some black ice (bad weather here). So I go to take off from the stop normally and it totally gave out at about 5mph. I rolled to a stop and looked underneath to see fluid coming out somewhere. I never heard of an MTX leaking fluid before. My clutch pedal is fine with pressure and I had absolutely no problems before this.

It's a long shot, but has this happened to anyone before?
I'd look up terry hienes <SP> and drop him a post. He should be able to point you in the right direction. Add if you need to pull it.. think about the quafie better clutch etc while your at it.

Ray
OUCH!

Busted bolt inside the tranny probably got caught and busted something...

Give Terry a call quick !!
Posted By: Swazo Re: My tranny crapped out totally. Any ideas? - 02/14/03 07:10 AM
secondline@ameritech.net -Terrence Haines

He is the man when it comes to the world of the MTX75 and so much more when it comes to our cars! I know I'm getting all my trans work done by him!
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
OUCH!

Yah.. Either that or the differential gave out and shot some pieces of itself through the trans case.
Well I leave tomorrow for a weeks vacation so I hope the tranny palce I took it to lets it sit there till I get back.
Originally posted by ov3n:
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
OUCH!

Yah.. Either that or the differential gave out and shot some pieces of itself through the trans case.

I just got back from vacation to find a expensive mess.

The case blew out cause of the diff. I just called Terry and I'm probably going to have him fix her up with a Quaife since I don't want to see this happen again.
Originally posted by The Red Magi:
I'd look up terry hienes <SP> and drop him a post. He should be able to point you in the right direction. Add if you need to pull it.. think about the quafie better clutch etc while your at it.

Ray

[John Wayne] Whoa, Pil-Grim.. I've been-a signin' my posts as "Ray" since tha beginnnnin.. Now are we gonna hav-ta take this one outside, or are ya gonna stand thare and a-pawla-jize?[/John Wayne](Who is my relative, by the way... lol)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH :):):)

Ray
(^^^)You see?

Same thing happened to me and i had terry haines fix it. U blew ur diff. Cost me just under 3000 bucks to fix but i got a quaif which was 500. just some warning.
Originally posted by zr500lc:
Same thing happened to me and i had terry haines fix it. U blew ur diff. Cost me just under 3000 bucks to fix but i got a quaif which was 500. just some warning.

Yeah, I talked to Terry already. My tranny shop is "supposedly" pulling the tranny early this week to send it to him. I'm also getting the Quaife. It would be stupid not to get it. I need it for snow and some track use.
If you want to save on the cost of shipping, don't forget the local shop that did mine (PM'ed you the info). Heck, I went and picked it up when done and stuck it in the trunk of the wife's car to get it back to my car. The only time an Olds Cutlass Ciera was equipped with a manual transmission (albeit simply ballast)!
Thanks for the info. My tranny shop is "supposed" to be removing it today for shipping. They won't attempt to repair it since there is a hole in the casing from the gear that wanted to leave the tranny.
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
If you want to save on the cost of shipping, don't forget the local shop that did mine (PM'ed you the info). Heck, I went and picked it up when done and stuck it in the trunk of the wife's car to get it back to my car. The only time an Olds Cutlass Ciera was equipped with a manual transmission (albeit simply ballast)!

What's the weight of a MTX-75 is ?
How many ppl are necessary to move it around
(lift it into a trunk) ?

I'm thinking about replacing my tranny with a low mileage
junkyard one during the summer. Is it a very dangerous idea ?
(Not that I can afford anything more expensive... )

Thanks,
Tiv

I moved my complete transaxle up from my apartment in 2nd floor to the basement by myself without stop. Moving it into the trunk isn't a hard thing to do.
© CEG Archives