Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: iceotron_dup1 PhantomGrip LSD? Anyone use it? - 08/16/02 11:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone used it or heard of it. It's much cheaper then a Quaife, plus install should be easier.

PhantomGrip Limited Slip Differential.

Also as a point of reference I have a 2000 Cougar, so this should fit my car as well.
Posted By: Cartman Re: PhantomGrip LSD? Anyone use it? - 08/17/02 12:30 AM
Dom on FC.org was planning on using it in their 3L SVT.. Dunno if they ever got it in or not.. Most people agreed that the Quaife was a better unit, though.
Posted By: FLuiDSVT_dup1 Re: PhantomGrip LSD? Anyone use it? - 08/17/02 12:31 AM
Why would the install be any easier? It's a replacement diff just like the quaife.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: PhantomGrip LSD? Anyone use it? - 08/17/02 01:51 AM
anybody know anything about the Kaaz Diff... I read on an issue of SCC using one on a focus
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: PhantomGrip LSD? Anyone use it? - 08/18/02 05:57 AM
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:
Why would the install be any easier? It's a replacement diff just like the quaife.

Actually it's not even remotely close.

Basically it boils down to a fancy set of spring clips that are installed in the FACTORY differential to "simulate" the effects of an LSD.

You still have the weak stock spider gears and none of a true LSD's ability, durability, and longevity. Yet you still pay the same price for installation!

It's a definite "skip it" in my book.
© CEG Archives