Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Ok i just got my new clutch from spec because they exchange my old one (less than a year old)

but they seem different... the first one was having waving line all around the surface.. this one seem smooth

Previous one:

new one:

too bad you don't have the original anymore. I'd ask you to measure the thickness of the "pads" with a caliper. The second pic "pads" don't look as thick, but mayb'e I'm just seeimg things
no they seem the same thickness but the second picture is taken from to other side

just the line seem to be the difference
It's hard to tell from those pictures, but it looks like they changed to a different friction material.
The 1st looks like a stage III like mine...is the one they sent you a stage I?
It cant be a Stage 3 since in his sig is says Stage 1 and here is a pick of my Spec Stage 3 before it went on my 3L:

Originally posted by mond12345:
It cant be a Stage 3 since in his sig is says Stage 1 and here is a pick of my Spec Stage 3 before it went on my 3L:

What's up with the psychedelic colors?
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

What's up with the psychedelic colors?

No comment
The ones I've seen look like the first one. They must have changed something.

LOL...don't mind me i was out of it. I was thinking of the stock material. My stage III also looked like the one in the Austin Powers pic above.
Let us know if it chatters or not. My guess is they changed em to prevent the chatter.
Originally posted by starjammir:
Let us know if it chatters or not. My guess is they changed em to prevent the chatter.

If they do not chatter, .

If they still do, it's back to stock SVT clutch for me. The chatter on mine is ridiculous.
im having install this week so i will let you know... but my first didnt really chatter i think
Didnt there use to be a Stage 1 and Stage 1+? Maybe thats the difference?
i know there a stage 2+ 3+ 4+ but never heard of the 1+.. maybe its new... anyway i got it for free so who care
I'll post pictures of my new Spec Stage III that just arrived today
Not sure about Stage II's, but the Stage III uses a solid/one piece "sprung hub" with 6 "pucks":

Originally posted by CSVT1214:

If they do not chatter, .

If they still do, it's back to stock SVT clutch for me. The chatter on mine is ridiculous.

Spec clutch chatter is awesome. Lets people know its not stock anymore!

Reebs
Yep, that is a spec3, the real deal for a street/strip car.
Only manly men put in a stage 3. lol Only girly men put one in when they don't really need it.
Originally posted by starjammir:

I have the old design (assuming this is the new one) with the swirls and I have no chatter...
© CEG Archives