Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: qokuh your experience - 08/24/06 10:26 PM
What has your experience been with the Mobil 1 syn. tranny fluid, and the Ford honey fluid? Trying to decide between the two. How much is the Mobil 1? And do I just go to an autoparts store and ask for Mobil 1 for MTXs, or is there is something specific I should look for? I want a synthethic because it is a pain to shift in the cold. A thinner fluid may help me.

Thanks
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: your experience - 08/24/06 10:35 PM
Search and read the 'Tranny Drain/Fill How-To', there is a crap-ton of discussions about this topic.
Posted By: qokuh Re: your experience - 08/25/06 05:19 PM
Ok, I decided and after reading some fourms I am going to go with the Royal Purple. People in Michigan and the colder states seem to be a fan of it. Is Royal Purple a syn. though? When I go to purchase it do I just ask for, 'Royal Purple manual trans fluid for a 99CSVT'?

As soon as this is answered a will go and get it.

Thanks
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: your experience - 08/25/06 09:00 PM
Originally posted by qokuh:
Ok, I decided and after reading some fourms I am going to go with the Royal Purple. People in Michigan and the colder states seem to be a fan of it. Is Royal Purple a syn. though? When I go to purchase it do I just ask for, 'Royal Purple manual trans fluid for a 99CSVT'?

As soon as this is answered a will go and get it.

Thanks

You want royal purple syncromax.

yes its synthetic.
Posted By: qokuh Re: your experience - 08/26/06 01:43 PM
how much is it? and it is an actual MTX fluid? becasue there is the chrysler that is ATX.
Posted By: m4gician Re: your experience - 08/27/06 06:47 AM
Originally posted by qokuh:
What has your experience been with the Mobil 1 syn. tranny fluid, and the Ford honey fluid? Trying to decide between the two. How much is the Mobil 1? And do I just go to an autoparts store and ask for Mobil 1 for MTXs, or is there is something specific I should look for? I want a synthethic because it is a pain to shift in the cold. A thinner fluid may help me.

Thanks

also you'll want to know that when using synthetic, you're basically maintaining the tranny more than improving it, just my 2cents.
© CEG Archives