Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: "shotty driving"-ds Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/19/06 06:32 PM
I can get a mazdaspeed clutch for the same price as a Spec stage 1. Which i the better option, any opinions?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/19/06 06:41 PM
You are buying a MazdaSpeed clutch for your Mystique?

BTW, you do realize that MazdaSpeed makes more than one car right?

That's like asking if we recommend you install a Ford engine in your car. (More than one model car with all different engines).
Posted By: "shotty driving"-ds Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/19/06 07:33 PM
LOL oops someone troutsap me . Guess I forgot to mention I'm close to completeing my 3L swap and can get a 3.0 mazdaspeed6 clutch.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/19/06 07:48 PM
Originally posted by "shotty driving"-ds:
LOL oops someone troutsap me . Guess I forgot to mention I'm close to completeing my 3L swap and can get a 3.0 mazdaspeed6 clutch.

Ok, and your point is?

First thing, the MazdaSpeed 6 is a 4 cyl. Not a V6.

But either way, it doesn't matter. They don't use the same transmission as us.
Posted By: "shotty driving"-ds Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/19/06 08:40 PM
Well apperantly the sport clutch they offer is available to the 3.0 V6 (RAMS-8M-HQ2), which I thought used the MTX-75, as well as the 2.3 I-4 (RAMS-8M-HQ1).
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 01:46 AM
Originally posted by "shotty driving"-ds:
Well apperantly the sport clutch they offer is available to the 3.0 V6 (RAMS-8M-HQ2), which I thought used the MTX-75, as well as the 2.3 I-4 (RAMS-8M-HQ1).

pretty sure that the Mazda 6 5 speed is different from the one in the contour... Why would ford/mazda want to reuse a primitive transmission?
Posted By: Tourige Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 07:15 AM
Get the spec seeings as how the Mazda 6 3.0L is NOT a performance car, the MAZDASPEED 6 is a 2.3L turbocharged 4cyl. Just an FYI
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 12:14 PM
SPEC hands down.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 04:05 PM
Spec makes some good clutches. I've been driving an '03 Z06 with a Spec Stage 3 in it, on and off for the past few days and it has impresed me with it's drivability. It feels very close to stock. I know what clutch I'm getting when mine goes.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 04:27 PM
Originally posted by JCSVT:
Spec makes some good clutches. I've been driving an '03 Z06 with a Spec Stage 3 in it, on and off for the past few days and it has impresed me with it's drivability. It feels very close to stock. I know what clutch I'm getting when mine goes.

I hope not a Stage 3.
Posted By: cuda06 Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 10:19 PM
Mazdaspeed is not limited to the specific "in house tuned" vehicles that they have put out. They also make a fairly extensive list of parts as just an aftermarket tuning comany. I do not know much about this specific clutch but I would do more research on it before making a one sided decision based solely on experience with one of the products.
Posted By: weargle Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
Get the spec seeings as how the Mazda 6 3.0L is NOT a performance car, the MAZDASPEED 6 is a 2.3L turbocharged 4cyl. Just an FYI

It's more of a performance car than a Mystique is.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 10:29 PM
Break Down:

Mazda6 3.0 V6 DOES use the MTX 75 transmission (atleast when it first came out) not sure about currently.

the 4 cyl uses a completly diffrent one than the ^V6, thus making the 4 Cyl incompatable with our vehicals. Diffrences to the bell housing make for a diffrent clutch.

Its similar reasons a 4 Cyl contour trans won't bolt up to the V6...slight diffrences cna make all the diffrence...and a 4 vs a 6 is very diffrent when it comes to our platform, or new cars with drivetrains from our platform.

To answer your question. I ahve a Spec stage 2 with no problems. Excellent grip, no slip, and survived a Motor swap. Excellent build qaulit in my opinion. going on 30,000 hard miles.

Lupe
Posted By: 99cougar Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 11:07 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

I hope not a Stage 3.

And why not?
Posted By: Tourige Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/20/06 11:12 PM
Originally posted by 99cougar:

I hope not a Stage 3.

And why not?

Cause a stage 3 is overkill unless your running FI, even a stage one is good with a 3L.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/21/06 12:12 AM
Nope, I'll be getting a Stage 1. That Spec 3 is in a car that will be making in excess of 480rwhp, maybe more.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Mazdaspeed Clutch - 02/21/06 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by 99cougar:

I hope not a Stage 3.

And why not?

Cause a stage 3 is overkill unless your running FI, even a stage one is good with a 3L.

Did you miss the reference to Z06???/

I'm thinking that is a Corvette.....worthy enough of stage 3 for you?
© CEG Archives