Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GTO Pete Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/17/03 06:40 PM
This is a long story, so please bear with me.

Posting disputes publicly is not something I want to do, but I feel that I should let other know of my experience/problems,
so they can determine for themselves the potential risks associated with MM Motorsports (MM)

Late 2002 - I agreed to purchase MM Xenon Quad Projector headlights.

01/03 - I wanted a top-notch product and purchased brand new OEM headlights in December 2002 and shipped them to MM.

2/24/03 - I received the lights.

2/24/03 - The lights looked great at first glance
But I then noticed that they were full of dust and the inside of the lights were covered in spots.
There was also a scratch on the chrome inside.

2/24/03 - I contacted MM to let them know of the problems.

2/24/03 - MM suggested using a small tube and vacuuming out the dust.
I tried this and managed to get some of the dust out, but unfortunately there was nothing I could do about the spots and remaining dust.
(I do not have any pics, but several local CEGers can attest to how dusty and spotted the headlights were.)

2/26/03 - I asked MM what I should do and MM stated:
??I am serious, if you can't rectify the problems, please send them back and I'll chop the lights apart and clean them for you.?

2/27/03 ?? PM from MM:
??If I do have to cut them open, I am gonna attempt to remove the projectors and not cut them apart.?

3/?/03 ?? I PM??d to MM asking what problems could result from opening the lights up.

3/8/03 ?? PM from MM:
??To ease your concerns some, I have made 5 sets of MM SPORTS thus far.
None of them have reported leaks of moisture as of now.
As I said before, the sealant is so thick that you need a butterknife to spread it around.
No way it is ever gonna leak. You will never see that happen.
I am gonna attempt to take out the projectors first.
If this does not work then the housing will have to come apart.
Hopefully the operation will go smoothly...?

3/03
I decided to go ahead and ship the lights back to MM since they assured me that the lights would not leak and
there would be no other problems associated with cutting them open.
I shipped the lights to MM to have them attempt to remove the projectors and clean them,
if not then cut them open to clean the dust and spots.

* Up to this point I was very happy with Milan Motorsports?? service and willingness to stand behind their products.

Late 3/03
I received the lights and installed them.
As soon as it rained the lights began fogging up.
One even filled up with about ½ inch of rain.
I PM??d MM to inform them of the leaking.
I also stated that I was unhappy about:
- how the silver ??eyebrow? on each headlight was damaged
- the chrome housing was damaged
- a piece of black plastic wedged inside one headlight

3/27/03 ?? PM from MM:
??As far as the fogging issues, you'll have to get a hold of some silicone sealant and attempt to cure to problem.
Just apply it to all the seams you see, including the ones where the projectors go in.?

4/03 ?? 5/03
It rained so much here (IIRC April was 28 days of rain) that the lights
would not dry out for me to attempt to add silicone to all of the seals.
I was finally able to do so during a dry spell.
They continued to leak.
I tried ??resealing? about 3 times per light.

Mid 5/03
I contacted MM letting them know I could not get the lights sealed properly.

5/19/03 ?? PM from MM:
??As a suggestion/advice try to dump tons of silicone based sealant all around the projector welds.
This is the area where the projectors are sealed to the housings...
If this does not work, than go around the entire headlight seam that was cut open...?

5/31/03
I took the SVT to the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA on May 30, 2003.
It rained and the projectors fogged up so badly that the projectors could barely be seen.
Many people commented that what they could see of the projectors looked good,
but the workmanship was very poor ?? the silver ??eyebrows? on each light and the cracked chrome.

Early 6/03 ?? I decided to ask MM for a refund on the lights for several reasons:

1. After 3-4 times of attempting to reseal them, they still leaked.
2. I had spent countless hours attempting to seal the lights.
3. My car was un-drivable for a total of about 14-16 days due to the headlights drying out, being sealed and drying.
4. People??s reactions/impressions of the lights at the All Ford Nationals reinforced my decision.

Early to Mid 6/03
I contacted MM and informed them that the lights still leaked and I was unhappy about the workmanship.

6/18/03 ?? PM from MM:
??I am moving to Toronto in the next few days.
Once I get situated up there, you can send them to me and I will rectify the situation.?

6/18/03 ?? My PM to MM:
??Honestly, I just want to get rid of the lights.
I took the car up to the All Ford Nationals a couple weeks ago and people commented they looked great.
But then they saw they were all fogged up inside and full of water, the cracks created from being cut open,
and the silver side "brow" damaged from being cut open and were not impressed.

Like I said, I am just tired of dealing with the lights.
I'd like to just get rid of them at this point. I'll keep the HIDs and end up buying new headlights again to just put them into.
I'm strapped for cash right now so that is also why I would like some kind of refund for the lights and projectors less HIDs.?

* I wanted to be fair to both MM and myself, so I did not ask for a full refund.
I felt it was fair to ask for a refund for the ??defective? parts.

MM refused a refund, but offered ??the only thing I can do is to attempt to fix the fogging.?

I felt that this was unfair because:

- MM stated that the only potential problem would be leaking
- I was reassured by MM that they would not leak
- The damage to the headlights were from MM cutting the lights open
* MM admitted damage was direct result of them cutting the lights open and their fault.

7/11/03 PM from MM
admitted that the problems with my lights were the fault of MM, not mine:

??The silvering, the eyebrows, the black pieces are all a result of me ripping them apart.
And who knows, perhaps ripping them apart is also to blame for their fogging.?

??I do not question that the lights are leaking or that they look bad. I believe you 100%.?

??Anytime you assemble something by hand, you risk that it will have some minor blemishes.?

??Once again, to reiterate, these lights are not machine produced in an assembly line...
They are hand made, and thus imperfections are impossible to eliminate 100%.
I am sorry if you expected them to be free of any signs of production, but this is simply unavoidable.?

7/12/03 My PM to MM:

??I did not expect "perfect" lights.
This is completely unreasonable on your part.
These are not merely small "imperfections".
There are gaping cracks in the chrome.
The wrecked eyebrows are not a small imperfection-they ruin the look of the car.?

7/13/03 PM from MM:
??The lights leak - That is my concern.

All of the rest is out of my control as it was you who asked me to rip them apart.

The brows? Once again-you asked me to rip them apart.
The cracked lenses? Once again-you asked me to rip them apart.

Poor craftmanship? Is it my fault that you asked me to rip them apart?

NO IT IS NOT. End of discussion.?

If you want I will send you a $100 that you paid me to put them together.
I also am willing to send you used Ford lights as well.?

7/13/03
I offered MM the option to post this matter on CEG and let CEGers be
the judge and jury to decide what, if anything, I was entitled to.

MM ignored that PM.

I asked MM again and he said he did not want others getting involved.

* I have refused MM??s offer of $100 and a set of used headlights for I feel it is not a fair ??settlement?.
Especially considering I spent over $1200 for these lights!

Summary:

* I did not ask MM to cut the lights open.
- MM offered attempt to clean out the spots and dust left from assembly of the projectors.

* I asked MM what risks were associated with cutting them open.
- MM stated only leaking.

* I was leaning towards not having MM cut them open, but MM reassured me they would not:

??To ease your concerns some, I have made 5 sets of MM SPORTS thus far.
None of them have reported leaks of moisture as of now.

As I said before, the sealant is so thick that you need a butterknife to spread it around.
No way it is ever gonna leak. You will never see that happen.?

- The lights do leak ?? badly.

* MM admitted to being at fault.

MM then changed their story and blames me for making him cut them open.

* The projectors, when not fogged up (which is not often), work very well.

* It typically takes anywhere from 2-4 dry days for the lights to ??dry out? after fogging up.

* I feel that a producer of a product should stand behind their work.
If a producer provides a defective product to a consumer, the producer should:
a) replace the product
b) fix the product
c) provide a refund.

MM has refused to do any of the above.

* I feel that the seller of a product should inform the buyer of any potential hazards/problems that may result from a service.
Would you expect your car to go through a car wash and come out with scratches all over it?
And what if the carwash owner said ??You asked me to wash it, and it??s washed isn??t it??

* I feel that asking for a refund for the defective parts is a fair.

* I have every PM between Milan Motorsports and myself and firsthand witnesses as evidence to confirm my story.

* Note ?? I am not the only person that is unhappy with MM??s workmanship.
I will not mention any names.

I wanted to avoid posting this on CEG and settle the matter privately.
But since the matter could not be resolved privately, I feel that CEG should be aware of
my situation and take this into consideration before doing business with Milan Motorsports.

Here is what Milan Motorsports did to my brand new OEM headlights:
(Sorry for the large pics - I wanted everyone to see how bad the lights have been damaged)

More pictures of Milan Motorsports' workmanship
Wow! I would demand $ back. Looks like Milan is making all sorts of friends.
Quote:

* I feel that the seller of a product should inform the buyer of any potential hazards/problems that may result from a service.
Would you expect your car to go through a car wash and come out with scratches all over it?
And what if the carwash owner said ??You asked me to wash it, and it??s washed isn??t it??

Exactly. You asked him to fix the original problem with the lights, not to create more.

Seems like it was a risky procedure, taking the lights apart and such, but he shouldn't have offered to take it on when he wasn't sure if he could do it. And when he screwed it up, he should have made it right.
Posted By: 95MID Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/17/03 07:00 PM
i hope this works out quickly and correctly for you pete
I know pete didn't say any names of who thought the craftsmanship sucked...but I don't mind

I am a member of the Capitol CEG and I totally agree with Pete's claims. Pete is a more than fair individual and I believe he was being more than generous with patience dealing with the headlights.

As to how the headlights look, they are nasty for a 1200 price tag. Heck they are nasty for a 500 dollar price tag. Up close they are foggy with a fair amount of condensation, and the overall craftsmanship is just poor looking, all said and done, it looks like a hack job . I believe Pete was being nice when he said the clear up after a few days, because I personally have never seen them clear.

Jason

Yeah, I saw these at the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle and I hate to say it but I don't think I'll be getting those anytime soon... I was all stoked to see them and the first thing I thought, and almost said, was he could put gold fish in his headlights with as much water that was in there.
It WAS a bad season to be pulling these apart with all the rain but as bad as these looked for a $1200 price tag I think I would have cried.

I hope you can find resolution for the both of you to agree on.
Posted By: Journie Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/17/03 08:43 PM
Note to self: DO NOT DO BUISNESS WITH MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the price he paid for them that type of work is unacceptable.
unfortunately, sadly, i'm not suprised. pete, pm me when you get a second.
It is sad that it has had to come to this but I would have handled this in a lot worse way than Pete has. I would have posted something like this a long time ago. It is BS that the lights came out like this. I have seen these lights in person many times, and like Jason said...there hasn't been one time that I have seen the car and they haven't been fogged up. The only positive thing I can say about the lights is in the dark, the HID's look awsome from a distance of about 5-10ft., other than that I am disappointed with the quality. Now I understand that the lights did have to be cut open to get the projectors in but the quality of workmanship is extremely poor for the price that was paid for the lights. If MM stood by there work then they should have satisfied the customer which in turn would satisfy future customers, but with the way that things have happened with MM I know that I will not be doing business with them ever. That type of money could have been used elsewhere and could have gotten alot better product. This situation you're in sucks Pete but you gotta let others know. You're taking this better than a lot of people in your situation would have.
I too saw the headlights at All Ford Nationals, after the pouring rain had subsided. It was a beautiful sight to be seen, until I got up close and personal. The headlights had a great deal of water in there, just pooling up. I was terribly disappointed to see this, especially after the cost. Upon further inspection, the back of the housings looked like they were cut with an oval hole saw! The projectors just do not sit right in the housings. To me, it seemed like a GREAT idea, just poorly executed. Plus, all of the extra sealant looked goopy and was yellowing. I know I would not want to pop my hood at car show to show those things off.

Now, take a look at Dion's housings! Now those are awesome, and made by an amateur. (read, not paid, so therefore a non-professional). I would pay Dion money to make me a set, if I had the extra money!

Seems like some of our ex and current CEGers have the same problem. Rush, rush, rush and make money. But, when it comes time to customer service and promises, its all show and no go.

I think Pete is right to ask for a partial refund, and no, $100 is not good enough. I would ask for a refund of $1200, less the cost of the HID kit. Or, a completely new set to be built out of brand new Ford (not the crappy aftermarket) housings, provided by Milan. I feel this is the only way to make it right, and clear his and his company's name.
I'd be upset if I paid $20 for those,
let alone $1200... hope everything works
out for you, man.
I think perry summed it up pretty well.

I live in the area so I've seen Pete's car numerous times, and not once were the headlights dried out. At its worst point, there was so much condensation that at first glance it wasn't noticeable that there was anything in the headlight assembly that wasn't stock. Only upon closer inspection was it obvious what they SHOULD look like but didn't. It could have been such a beautiful product...
Just had to say again, good luck Pete.
Man that really sucks and the cost for those lights $1200 For what you recieved that is not acceptable and If I were you I would have never messed with that sealent in the first place. He would have fixed those things to PERFECTION or I would have gotten my money back PLUS SHIPPING cost. No way my $1200 would go that route. Man I hope it all works out for you and if Milan wants any kind of name on these boards, then those lights need to be replaced.
I am glad that Pete has posted this on here. What is sad however is that the truth has not been told.

First off, MM is NOT a business. I was a person doing handmade projects for CEG. Therefore, I should be reffered to as Milan and not "them"

When it comes to Pete, the problems with this lights are associated with a procedure that he explicitly, and knowingly requested of me to do. Cutting apart the headlights is a MAJOR operation. No way in God's name did I ever fail to mention this to Pete. In two of my PMs I asked of him if he was sure that he wanted it done. I told him that there were risks that they lights may fog up, as they are cut open all around the housing. He told me that he would attempt to clean them first, and if he failed that he would have no choice but to send them back. After he scratched up the lenses, he sent them back to me. Of course, I get the blame for that too.

Seeing that the original problem was the dust in the lights, I was not even obligated to take them back, as once shipped, they were out of my hands. Being that Pete and I were something like friends, I took them back, ripped them apart as told, and shipped them back, ALL FREE OF CHARGE. I took on cleaning them, even though that was not my responsibility, just for the plain fact that he was a friend of mine.

In the "warranty" that I supplied, I promised to attempt to recify the problems with leaking ONLY. Pete refused my offers to do this.

I have made over 30 pairs of these lights, and only 2-3 pairs have exibited this condition.

I was more than willing to take the lights back and attempt to reseal them, but I was not given the chance.

What started as a personal project has turned into a nightmere. When I first made these lights, I thought about keeping them to myself. But I figured that I would make them for CEG. So I did. I lost time and money doing them, but I wanted to make stuff for all of the Contour owners. Other than Pete, I have been praised for doing so.

Lastly, I have done way more than I was ever obligated to do in Pete's case, and once again as a personal favor. I could have refused to clean the lights up but I did not. After being warned of the possible concequenses, Pete proceeded with the procedure and had me cut them open. When they started fogging up, he started to be very upset. I asked him at least 7 (!) times to send them back, but he kept refusing to do so. And as a last resort he has turned this into a public bashing.

Though your opinions are abviously important to me, I stand by what I said. It is very unfortunate that the lights ended up fogging up and leaking. This could have been remedied. However, now I am regreting that I ever considered Pete a friend of mine at all.

Go ahead and flame me guys, there is nothing I can do anymore. That's just that.
Posted By: Bullet Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 05:01 AM
Dayum!!!
Posted By: Static Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 07:00 AM
for $1200 bucks the lights never should have been shipped to him in the first place dirty they should have been something you would have been proud to put on your car and something that he is as well but you did a shoty job and it was your job to clean them cause you got them dirty. that is like me working on your car for you and getting grease all over your seats and saying well I fixed the problem so its out of my hands... you know its crap and where did this 30 pair of lights come from cause in the PM you sent pete you said 5-6 and that non of them were bad... I think you are making crap up to cover your asss
Posted By: m!key Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Static:
I think you are making crap up to cover your asss

how many times have we seen this before from him??? i can think one one just yesterday, and another involving toofastsvt.
*grabs hat and coat.

G'night folks.

*runs for the door
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 08:02 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this Pete....and here I thought I was the only one that got "played" by Milan with my headlights.
Posted By: Davo Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
And as a last resort he has turned this into a public bashing.

There's a lot of that going around here.
Milan -- speaking as a 3rd party here, I think 2-3 pairs fogging out of 30 is not a good number.

That is roughly 10%....you should try and improve your quality control.
Originally posted by todras:

Is that smiley doing what I think he's doing?
yes the smileys imply that milan is giving it to him in the a$$. I agree, for 1200 ef'n dollars I'd be in court right now.
You cannot look at those lights and tell me that they are worth anything NEAR $1200. That's highway robbery.

Why did you send out dirty lights in the first place? Or why did you not package them in such a way that they wouldn't get dirty during shipping?

Are you going to do nothing to remedy the situation to Pete's liking? The dude has $1200 + the cost of new housings wrapped up in this. And all you're saying is that you aren't responsible for anything.
I totally agree with you Perry. What are you going to do to remedy the situation Milan? If you won't do it for Pete at least do it out of business ethics, and morals.
Originally posted by perry:
You cannot look at those lights and tell me that they are worth anything NEAR $1200. That's highway robbery.

Why did you send out dirty lights in the first place? Or why did you not package them in such a way that they wouldn't get dirty during shipping?

Are you going to do nothing to remedy the situation to Pete's liking? The dude has $1200 + the cost of new housings wrapped up in this. And all you're saying is that you aren't responsible for anything.

Hey maybe more people will go to chicago now for the "meet"?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 02:53 PM
What is sad however is that the truth has not been told.

Really?
I can have many people post on here and vouch for my character.

However, now I am regreting that I ever considered Pete a friend of mine at all.

My post did not contain any personal attacks. Go ahead and make personal attacks, Milan. But I will not stoop to your level.

First off, MM is NOT a business.

Really?
Then why do your products have MM stamped on them?
Why do your refer to yourself as MM in Group Buy posts?

I told him that there were risks that they lights may fog up, as they are cut open all around the housing.

I don't understand what you fail to understand. My issue isn't with the leaking - you warned me of this. How many times do I have to tell you this? My issues lie in the quality of the lights - you never warned me that you would damage the silver trim, damage the chrome housings, and leave a piece of black plastic in the lights.

After he scratched up the lenses, he sent them back to me. Of course, I get the blame for that too.

You are wrong. Yes, I did scratch them up when I tried to clean up your mess. But (I have the PM FROM YOU) the lights arrived from you originally with several scrathes in the them.

Seeing that the original problem was the dust in the lights, I was not even obligated to take them back, as once shipped, they were out of my hands.

Again, that is wrong.
Your "warranty" states that you would fix any problems associated with the lights. So how is it not your "obilgation" to take the lights back and fix the problem?

In the "warranty" that I supplied, I promised to attempt to recify the problems with leaking ONLY. Pete refused my offers to do this.

OMG, you just stated previously that you were under no obligation, and now you say your warranty promises to fix the problems? Make up your mind.
I refused because that is not the issue - once again, my issues lie in the quality of the lights - you never warned me that you would damage the silver trim, damage the chrome housings, and leave a piece of black plastic in the lights.

I have made over 30 pairs of these lights, and only 2-3 pairs have exibited this condition.

Again, wrong.
How many sets of lights have you cut open?
5 or 6? So 2-3 sets are in this condition right?
So approximately 50% of lights you cut open are defective.

Other than Pete, I have been praised for doing so.

Again, wrong.
I have been told via PM by several people that were in your Group Buy that the workmanship is poor. (I will not name names.)

Lastly, I have done way more than I was ever obligated to do in Pete's case, and once again as a personal favor. I could have refused to clean the lights up but I did not. After being warned of the possible concequenses, Pete proceeded with the procedure and had me cut them open. When they started fogging up, he started to be very upset. I asked him at least 7 (!) times to send them back, but he kept refusing to do so. And as a last resort he has turned this into a public bashing.

Again, wrong.
Your warrabty states you will fix any problems so how is that a "favor"?
You warned me of leaking. Once again, my issues lie in the quality of the lights - you never warned me that you would damage the silver trim, damage the chrome housings, and leave a piece of black plastic in the lights.

You kept refusing to remedy that problem.
Why should I spend another $50 to ship them back to you so you can "seal" them again? That does nothing to fix the damaged silver trim, cracked chrome housings and the piece of black plastic that you left in the headlight.

It is very unfortunate that the lights ended up fogging up and leaking. This could have been remedied.

Yes it could have. Once again, my issues lie in the quality of the lights - you never warned me that you would damage the silver trim, damage the chrome housings, and leave a piece of black plastic in the lights.

Why can't you understand that?

You keep bringing up the leaking issue and ignoring the damage you did to the lights which you admitted to in a PM that I have.

These are direct quotes from PMs from Milan:
"As I said before, the sealant is so thick that you need a butterknife to spread it around. No way it is ever gonna leak. You will never see that happen."

??The silvering, the eyebrows, the black pieces are all a result of me ripping them apart."

"And who knows, perhaps ripping them apart is also to blame for their fogging.?

??I do not question that the lights are leaking or that they look bad. I believe you 100%.?

??Anytime you assemble something by hand, you risk that it will have some minor blemishes.?

Over the course of the past couple weeks, you keep bringing up points that I do not have issues with.
You keep bringing up the leaking - NOT THE ISSUE.
You keep trying to blame me for the leaking - NOT THE ISSUE.

The damage to the lights, caused by you which you did not warn me about, is the issue.

If you want to respond, get your facts straight, stop beating around the bush and address the issues.
I'll stand up for Pete. Met him at Carlisle last year. Helluva guy.
$1200......wow
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 04:41 PM
I have seen other sets of Milan's headlights. Just a little dust and debri but none of the problems that you have had. Sounds like a half ass job to me. And that warranty info and his response to it sounds like a scam....once he has your money, there is nothing he can or will do to fix ANY problems.

No respect for fellow CEGers.
i heard about all this and talked to pete about it. i went to Carlisle this year and noticed that they were kinda hazy. it rained the entire way up there and then cleared up for a while, thats when i noticed the lights. i have pics of them somewhere but between moving and all i can't find them right now.
Maybe she can help you:

Really?
Then why do your products have MM stamped on them?
Why do your refer to yourself as MM in Group Buy posts?

perhaps with milans limited law experience he realizes that running a business without incorporating in any way shape or form in any state previous to doing business he is personally liable for any legal action against said company.

thats why those of us who play this game in real life cover our asses... of course we worry about customer service, word of mouth, and taking care of thsoe that keep us in business.

Posted By: Static Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:

hahaha yea more people will go but one less will come back
Pete, if you have a receipt and a warranty, for $1200 you should take him to small claims court. If any vendor sells a product that is damaged, or in any way problematic, whether out of their control or not, said vendor should be obligated to fix the problem or issue a full refund. Seeing as how you, Pete, didn't demand this, MM should have offered it or taken you up on your offer--even though I would have taken him to court immediately over that much money. Those headlights should be replaced or refunded because you paid for a product that is broken, damaged, and basically the car isn't driveable at night when a heavy rain occurs.

I am glad that you posted this because you are right, MM Motorsports/Milan is a VENDOR who SELLS PRODUCTS. If said products are not reliable or there is a problem with the customer service, then other people should know the risks before buying any products. Especially when the products cost upwards of $1000. Good luck, I would sue.
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:

hahaha yea more people will go but one less will come back

The meet that Hector, Joe and Mikey are planning may be small but it promises to be alot of fun--just on a smaller scale.
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
What is sad however is that the truth has not been told.

Really?
I can have many people post on here and vouch for my character.

I am on of the people on here that can vouch for his character. I have known Pete for a few years now and I have never known him to be dishonest in anyway.

I also have seen the headlights that MM produced for Pete, not worth the $1200 he paid for them. I can't believe anyone would sell a product like that and expect someone to be happy with them.

I guess I would run to Canada also if I called an ex-marine a liar...

--Matt
Posted By: TGO Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/18/03 11:28 PM
If he lives in canada...it's alot harder to get money out of the person by suing. A friend of mine just went through this with a fake escrow site, we tracked the guy back to canada and we've basically been busting chops for 6 months trying to get some one to help us.

Originally posted by LoCoChick:
Pete, if you have a receipt and a warranty, for $1200 you should take him to small claims court. If any vendor sells a product that is damaged, or in any way problematic, whether out of their control or not, said vendor should be obligated to fix the problem or issue a full refund. Seeing as how you, Pete, didn't demand this, MM should have offered it or taken you up on your offer--even though I would have taken him to court immediately over that much money. Those headlights should be replaced or refunded because you paid for a product that is broken, damaged, and basically the car isn't driveable at night when a heavy rain occurs.

I am glad that you posted this because you are right, MM Motorsports/Milan is a VENDOR who SELLS PRODUCTS. If said products are not reliable or there is a problem with the customer service, then other people should know the risks before buying any products. Especially when the products cost upwards of $1000. Good luck, I would sue.

He's not in Canada yet.
Originally posted by Antonio:
For the price he paid for them that type of work is unacceptable.

I agree 100% with Antonio. Milan you need to work this out man Pete is a great guy and i know for a Fact he wouldnt BS us or even think about lieing to us.

ive known Pete now for probably 6-9 months now and I can vouch that he is probably the most honest guy I know. He gives it to you straight. I can sit here and honestly say that I beleive if Pete did ef up the wheels, then he WOULD take full responsiblity for his actions...as Matt said before...HE'S AN EX-MARINE!!!
Originally posted by LUK A LYK:
HE'S AN EX-MARINE!!!

No such thing as an ex-marine. Maybe a former Marine, but not an ex-marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Keep calling him that and he may not be you guys' friends for long
true dat my bad sorry pete
Oh man. I don't even know where to begin to express my disbelief and dissapointment. Here is my $.02.
I, at one point, was thinking of purchasing some lights from MM. Thank goodness I didn't. This russian roulette game (10% failure record! ) is not a game I want to play with...especially for $1200+.

Simply unacceptable.
I agree with everyone in this thread, minus Milan.
Antonio nailed it. LoCoChick - couldn't have put it better myself. This last picture. OMG.

A consumer should NOT have to repair a product themselves. The fact that Pete tried to assist you and followed some of the suggestions Milan provided, is one step further than I would have gone - especially for that price.

Until those lights are replaced/repaired, Pete should NOT have to spend a DIME for shipping, or any other costs.

Come on man...$1200 for lights. Man up and fix those things.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/19/03 02:36 AM
I wanted to clarify a couple topics:

Milan has refused to refund me anything more than $100 and a set of used headlights.

I refused, and that is why I took it publicly to CEG - to let everyone know what the story is.

My issue is not the leaking of the lights - I know the leaking can eventually be fixed somehow.

My issue is the damage caused by the cutting open of the lights, which I WAS NOT TOLD could be a potential side effect.

Please look carefully at the silver trim on the outer edge and the jagged, cracked chrome housings as a result of Milan cutting the lights open:

This is my "issue" with the lights, which again, I was never told could be a potential side effect and which Milan admits was his fault.

To be honest with you, I was quite nervous - scared even - to post this on CEG for fear of being ripped/criticized, etc.

I appreciate the kind words and support from everyone, especially my good friends of the Capitol CEG - many who have been there from the beginning to provide support and advice.
Wow and here all this time I thought Milan was an ok guy. This is a truly poor example of a CEG member. Pete, take his azz to small claims and get your money back.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/19/03 03:13 PM
Small claims court all the way!
Would it be to hard for MM to just recieve them back and just to put them in a new housing in the first place and reseal them?
So whats the deal here MM? We are waiting for you to answer. And I know plenty others would love to hear a remedy to the situation.
I bought a set from Milan and had no problems, no drama. I had some issues mid-install, and Milan offered to help me out in any which way possible. He seems like a nice guy who stands behind his product, and I think Pete should get his money back or get a set done for free. It's only fair given the extent of damage. . .Milan offered to fix anything that was wrong with my set of lights when I first got them, since they were hand made, so I see no reason why he wouldn't with pete's set. . .
Posted By: Static Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/21/03 09:25 PM
you guys must be out of your mind to pay that much for headlights... I mean yeah they look badasss but come on man $1200 that is just nuts
Posted By: Davo Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/21/03 10:15 PM
you guys must be out of your mind to pay that much for headlights... I mean yeah they look badasss but come on man $1200 that is just nuts

That's what I'm saying. Say during your first cruise with the lights you hit something or something hits you.....you're out over a grand. Waste of money in my opinion.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/22/03 05:06 AM

Spend about $400 on some HIDs and you will be set!
I have been right beside Pete the whole way. From him ordering them and being excited to get them, to us installing them in my garage. From him noticing the crud inside the lights, to him sending them back to MM and dealing with the total hassle of the experience. It has been one of the worst purchases of his lifetime and has been nothing but a huge waste of time and money for him.

Pete is one of the most honest, trustworthy, polite people you will ever meet, and to screw him like MM has done is truly a disgrace.
Well said, and I totally agree with everything that was said.
so whats going on with this? this get resolved yet? I hope.
Everybody is screaming $1200 for lights, but pete, is that how much you paid Milan? Or was it $1200 for new headlights and for Milan to do the work, total? I'm not taking sides but everyone here knows that you have to cut the lights open to get into them, and I'm sure you did too when you sent them out. Though I do agree with you on the poor quality of workmanship, I dont think Milan should be responsible for paying you back for headlights that you sent out knowing that they were going to be cut open.

1 - Send them back to him and make him pay for shipping and tell him not to send them back until they are perfect.

OR

2 - Ask for a refund for what Milan charged you and send the headlights back to him so he can use the projectors inside the headlights on another car.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/30/03 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Corbett:
Everybody is screaming $1200 for lights, but pete, is that how much you paid Milan? Or was it $1200 for new headlights and for Milan to do the work, total? I'm not taking sides but everyone here knows that you have to cut the lights open to get into them, and I'm sure you did too when you sent them out. Though I do agree with you on the poor quality of workmanship, I dont think Milan should be responsible for paying you back for headlights that you sent out knowing that they were going to be cut open.

1 - Send them back to him and make him pay for shipping and tell him not to send them back until they are perfect.

OR

2 - Ask for a refund for what Milan charged you and send the headlights back to him so he can use the projectors inside the headlights on another car.

$1200 total
Milan's projector conversion
new OEM Ford headlights
shipping

Fact: I never asked for $1200.

Fact: The lights do not need to be cut open for the conversion.
Fact: He shipped them to me horribly spotted up inside and dust beyond belief.
Fact: I asked him to clean them out.
Fact: Milan said would attempt to remove the projectors to clean them - no evidence of him doing so.
Fact: I told him many times that I wanted the lights as perfect as possbile.
Fact: He did warn me of potential leaking - this is not my issue.
FACT: HE NEVER WARNED ME THAT HE WOULD DESTROY THE INNER CHROME HOUSING AND SILVER TRIM AS PREVIOUSLY PICTURED.
THAT is my issue.

HE wrecked my brand new OEM headlights, so he SHOULD reimburse me.

Corbett,
If you asked me to wash and wax your car and I did, but left scratches all over the car that could not be fixed other than repainting, would you not expect me to pay for it? Same thing.

Milan has offered ONLY to reseal the lights.

What about the damage to the brand new OEM lights I sent to him?

Why can't he admit publicly that he is at fault for damaging the lights?
I have PMs where he admits to it, but he wont admit it publicly.

At this point, there are only 2 options I will accept:
1. Full reimbursement for money paid to Milan for the projector/HID conversion
PLUS reimbursement (monetary or new OEM Ford headlights) for the headlights he admits to being at fault for damaging.

OR

2. Brand new Ford OEM headlights converted to projectors shipped to me at no cost.
(No need for HIDs since those work fine)

In either case, I would eat all shipping costs previously incurred and ship, at my expense, the damaged projector headlights back to him.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 07/31/03 04:47 PM
Wow! That much moisture is insane! I did my own projector conversion and would consider that much water in the headlights as a failure by itself. Then all of the other damage......

I'm really sorry to see that happen. There is obviously something seriously wrong with that setup! Business ethics should come into play here! Most of that money you paid was for labor, so there shouldn't be an issue of correcting this problem even if it costs Milan some $$$$. If he sold the amount of headlight conversions as he is saying, he made mad $$$$ off of it.
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
If you asked me to wash and wax your car and I did, but left scratches all over the car that could not be fixed other than repainting, would you not expect me to pay for it? Same thing.

since my car is black and already covered in scratches and stuff, can you wash it for me? i'll drop it off later, thanks bud!!! what a swell fella
Posted By: Swazo Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 08/01/03 05:12 PM
OK,

For some reason this subject is bugging me a bit. From doing my own set, I can tell you about what a PITA this is to do. With the amount of material removal, it's best to remove the lense because of all the plastic chunks, shards and dust that will coat the insides like mad. Kinda like there is static electricity holding it inside.

The damage to the chrome isn't that bad considering what is taking place to put headlight components that were never mont to go into the factory hallogen housings.

To be honest the very worst thing I have seen is the moisture. True I have only seen pictures, so I cannot say for sure.

Bottom line (IMO that is ) is if Milan is willing to work out a deal to fix the problem within reason, you should atleast let him try.

For those complaining about how spendy these headlights are, then you should do it yourself.....I did. If everything cool was low priced, then everyone would have them and they wouldn't be cool anymore
Hello everyone.....

I would just like to say a couple of things....

I too have quad beam projectors, and the job isnt perfect, but i dont expect it to be.....

When it comes down to it, i think that pete should get his refund, because milan was selling a product that he created, so he should stand by that product when it doens work!!! The fact that he is leaving you high and dry in the situation amazes me, with the amount of money that you have tied up in the situation.

I know how shady the situation is, because Importkllr had an even harder time getting his lights the first time.... And let me tell you, those lights were far from being perfect. The whole inner chrome area was supposed to be painted, because of how long they took. When you see the lights, it looks like minimal effort was used to make ensure minimal overspray, and the sealing work is messy as hell.

Dont get me wrong, the lights looks sweet, but if you took them up next to the set that milan made for himself, they just dont compare. That is bad business. I think that all of the products that he did should have been of the same or even better quality that his own, or he shouldnt have been selling these for 1200 dollars a set.

Also, If one wanted to fix these problems, the fact that they have to take the lights out, reswitch the wiring, send the to milan, wait for 3 weeks for him to find the time to look at them, and get them back in a worse condition is just foul....

This is just my 2 cents but these lights could have had a lot better craftsmanship than they did. And i know that Milan had a lot going on while these were being made, but cmon, that is no excuse when he was the one who decided to make them available. I ultimately think that he didnt know what he was getting himself into.....
Damn, what a post this is, how did I of all people miss this After reading all of this I feel I had to chime in and here it goes. First off, I too have the MM quad projectors w/ HIDs and a couple things are true:

1. the fit isn't perfect, the "repops" just don't fit perfectly. I've even seen another SE MI CEG-er with the "repops" and they don't fit his car right either and he doesn't even have projectors, so thats that.

2. I did get "some" moisture in mine, but only in the spring monthes when it was cool outside and going through the car wash, but it DID go away though. Now when I say "some" I mean SOME, not the shower head effect I saw in those previous pics

3. I did/do have a little bit of dust in mine, as well as some water spots but I learned to live with it because theres no way those lights were going to be cut open, I remember my Chris Hightower lights getting moisture as well and its gotta be when you open them up. I don't think the lenses had to come off when Milan did the projectors, but theres alot of cutting to get those projectors to fit, thats for sure

Milan, if you read this, please take his lights back and make this right. Take the parts out his lights, make new ones, check and re-check them and just make this right, whatever it takes! The thing that this is going to do is make the next guy leary to buy any thing from a CEG-er and how else do we get most of our parts anyways, well for the most part anyways Milan I met you and I for one will be very disappointed if you don't take care of this guy, and no, he didn't contact me in anyway, I just read EVERY one these posts and I can't believe it, well I believe it, but you gotta make this right...NO MATTER WHAT! Come on Milan, don't let me or the rest of us down on this!!!
Originally posted by Corbett:

OR

Im just trying to explain:

Example, If you by a new cell phone, and you take it to a place and you wnat them to do an "up grade" like add a lighted battery and LEDs (only an example) and when you get it back, the screen is broken and the clip that holds the case is snaped, would you not wnat them to fix it, or replace it, especially if they never told you that that damage was possible??

Same principal with the head lights...when it comes down to it, MM did not tell Pete that the visible damage was possible. Yes he told Pete that fogging was possible, which Pete Acknowledged.

Either way its his responsability to replace them.

Roz
What I find amazing about this whole situation is most consumers would try and get all they can get out of a situation. Pete on the other hand is only trying to get the one issue he was not warned about (the jagged edges from the cuts into the headlight assembly) resolved. He isn't worried about the sealing of them and the water problem with the headlights. Many other consumers would have tried to take advantage of the situation by trying to get the jagged edges fixed, the leaking problem fixed and then also would have wanted half or all of their money back and still get to keep the product. Pete ONLY wants 1 issue resolved. Is that too much to ask?

Pete is a top notch guy and it takes a lot to piss him off. Because of a couple of screwups I have made in the past I am surprised I can still call Pete a friend and know that if it really came down to it Pete would be there if needed. Why do the good guys always get screwed over?

Pete, you have rights as a consumer. Print out all communications to a from him and take him to court plain and simple. Small claims is cheap filing fee and for $1200! What have you got to lose doing that.
don't need to resurrect this.
Quote:

I have made over 30 pairs of these lights, and only 2-3 pairs have exibited this condition

$1200.00 X 30= $36000.00

He said he lost money on these?

Another ceg'er comes to mind with quality workmanship eh? Shaggy
Originally posted by Slimshady:
Quote:

I have made over 30 pairs of these lights, and only 2-3 pairs have exibited this condition

$1200.00 X 30= $36000.00

He said he lost money on these?

Another ceg'er comes to mind with quality workmanship eh? Shaggy

Do you mean, the fabled, and often hated, franken... hee hee hee, I won't name it. People know about it and hate me enough for it. Remember, I drove away the 'prophet'. hahaha!

Nothing to see here, keep on moving.
Man, I know I'm a little late with this post but DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM. No one, I mean no on should have to deal with product like that.

Good luck to you.
Posted By: izzodesh Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 12/15/03 04:58 AM
^ that is what i called a delayed rxn!
Posted By: Static Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 12/15/03 05:09 AM
whats funny is that he is starting a new group buy now
Was anything ever resolved?
I don't think a damn thing was resolved, and that is why you've seen Milan, leave CEG for 6 months(?), lose friends, move(?), and now attempt to come back to everything after being an [censored]. See Pete could have sued him, but was the undo stress and related bs with the money he would get? Most likely not, so I think pete basically took his losses and went on with life. It's sad, but or legal system is very slow and painful, and isn't very useful in a case such as this, even where someone has been wronged in a very blatant way.
Posted By: izzodesh Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 12/15/03 06:42 AM
ok...this needs to stop...someone should close this thread...its gonna snowball again..
eeek!
I say let it snowball. People have a right to know what happened, especially considering he's starting up a GB for this stuff again. I don't know and have never dealt with Milan but from what I saw on this deal I never will.
Originally posted by izzodesh:
snowball...eeek!

I'm glad someone did bring it back up. I was considering the group buy. But not now. Thanks CEG for saving my money for me!
Originally posted by Lonely_soul82:
Was anything ever resolved?

No, nothing was ever resolved. Pete got fed up and sold the lights to me at a very, very low price.

In a earlier post I made one could have taken it like I was pleased with the construction of the lights. This is FAR fron the truth. The comment I made was inregard to viewing them at night. The beam pattern is perfect and when joined with "Ion Crystal" Piaa 510's the car looks like a Lexus.

Now in the daytime they look like complete [censored]. The pictures Pete posted speak for themselves. They were/are NOT worth $1200.
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY MM SPORT QUAD XENON LIGHTS and I would have my SVT no other way. Sounds like an isolated incident to me.

Jared
Originally posted by SVTweeter:
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY MM SPORT QUAD XENON LIGHTS and I would have my SVT no other way. Sounds like an isolated incident to me.

Jared

Isolated or not...one bad product speaks more than 100 good ones. Doesn't anyone on these boards understand the fundamentals of business besides Dean?
Face it, you screw up, you fix it. You don't fix it, and you get smeared in the mud. I would tuck my tail between my legs and make it rite. It's only the rite thing to do.
Posted By: Bullet Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 12/16/03 03:48 AM
Damn, this post is old.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Jared

Isolated or not...one bad product speaks more than 100 good ones. Doesn't anyone on these boards understand the fundamentals of business besides Dean?

Will you please STFU and mind your own business.. Take your personal beef elsewere, 1 out of [censored] 30 something is not bad. No one else has said anything yet you still bring it up. No sht its not right no sht milan should of fixed them, So STFU....... And Go back to kissing Mikes ass
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

Jared

Will you please STFU and mind your own business.. Take your personal beef elsewere, 1 out of [censored] 30 something is not bad. No one else has said anything yet you still bring it up. No sht its not right no sht milan should of fixed them, So STFU....... And Go back to kissing Mikes ass

Good Morning Kev, how ya doin'?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 12/16/03 05:41 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:

Jared

Jared

[censored] steve im tired i cant get no [censored] sleep because of my tenets and this dam 75hours a week is killing me. Sorry for the blow up im just tired of reading the same thing over and over and over, Its getting old. hopefuly i can get some sleep tonight.
Posted By: SAV Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 12/16/03 11:18 PM

Jared

[censored] steve im tired i cant get no [censored] sleep because of my tenets and this dam 75hours a week is killing me. Sorry for the blow up im just tired of reading the same thing over and over and over, Its getting old. hopefuly i can get some sleep tonight.

Amen.

For one, I've noted a LOT of people speaking on part of either side of this now incredibly over-exaggerated debate, and these people don't even have the lights in question. So the point I must be missing is why these people are commenting at all without having these lights on their own personal cars.
For the record, this has nothing to do with mike.
My issues are with this bull, but I'm sick of beating a really [censored] dead horse. I can promise that I will never bring this [censored] up again.
For the record, this has nothing to do with mike.
My issues are with this bull, but I'm sick of beating a really [censored] dead horse. I can promise that I will never bring this [censored] up again.

Thanks pete and i hope others will do the same. svt contour r203 i agree with ya man. this said im done as well. Goodnight yall

You can send her my way. I sae her leaving that Sunday after the meet and she is fffffffffffffiiiiiiiiiiinnnnneeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Jared

Hey kev i understand what your saying 1 out of X amount is bad so why slam him, really no one has the right to speak badly about Milan except said person(s) who've done business with him, with that i could also understand people just coming out of left field with comments because this is a forum and there are alot of people that sit behind a monitor keyboard and state there opinion regardless.

Now i had a close friend that experienced a similar problem and EVERYONE ON CEG KNOWS ABOUT IT so i won't name names, He spent an extreme amount of money and put his trust into someone that supposedly had the reputation of GOD, Him like milan made a product and solicted CEG'ers to come buy his product that supposedly could with stand a beaten, well that product did make it into more then just one car and did well from what i understand but it did EXTREMELY POOR in ONE CAR and the work was never corrected to where the others were performing therefore that seller was thrown to the wolves every chance we had.
Now if he made good on his product and stood behind it and fixed it then they wouldn't be in this situation.

I do think that Milans car and his headlights look FUGGIN AWESOME but for the kind of money that he wants to make a set i would want perfection.

BTW: How ya doin kev long time no speak hit me up
I hope this is a new question , but what the hell is the profit margin on these beasts???

I hope some of the parts are woefully expensive.

I hope the margin isnt like 1000$... but im suspect its rather large.
Posted By: R_G Re: Bad exp w/ a vendor - LONG - 56K WARNED - 12/17/03 04:37 AM
Off-Topic: just wondering what kind of name is Milan? There's an Italian city called like this...
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:
I hope this is a new question , but what the hell is the profit margin on these beasts???

I hope some of the parts are woefully expensive.

I hope the margin isnt like 1000$... but im suspect its rather large.

Probably not as large as you think. Illusion Lighting charges a hefty price for their conversions too.
Billy i agree man that this shouldn't of happened, i talk to Pete and know him pretty well. Pete is a great guy i can testify to that. I just wish Milan would of helped him but its a lose lose situation that no one will win. i just wish people would leave this between them. i know others don't wanna get screwed but i don't see that happening again. I can honestly say that if Milan does make this again i will be getting them for my car(just lows). I will just have the projectors done though. Btw someone asked what the profit was well heres the breakdown

4 projectors at $70 each =$280 + $20 Shipping = $300
2 headlights at $150 each =$300 + $40 Shipping = $340
1 HID Kit $450 + $20 for shipping

Total: $1110 Parts

Total Price: $1200

This is for the full quad with Hids.

Btw im doing great man, How are you and alex doing, If i dont talk to ya before X-mas i wish ya 2 the best man, we havent talked in a while hit me up on AOLIM.
I just read Pete's "Horror story", damn that things got some quotes from hell in it and its truely and "old school" story and I'm sorry you had such bad luck with them Pete, I wonder how mine are holding up. The last I heard one of the bulbs burned out and I bet thats a job getting it out, seeing theres a TON of silicone around them! Maybe Chad can let us know if he's still got em' and put up for auction
Holy ancient thread revival! I can't believe it never got locked!
wow three years later...
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
I just read Pete's "Horror story", damn that things got some quotes from hell in it and its truely and "old school" story and I'm sorry you had such bad luck with them Pete, I wonder how mine are holding up. The last I heard one of the bulbs burned out and I bet thats a job getting it out, seeing theres a TON of silicone around them! Maybe Chad can let us know if he's still got em' and put up for auction

"Only YOU GUYS can prevent forest fires!"
© CEG Archives