Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LooneyMP what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/16/02 11:38 PM
anything goes...
for me it's 3 things...

1)windshield washer nozzle lights.
2)valve stem lights..
3)any tach, bigger than 5" in diamater...are you that blind...or having one mounted on the dash and one in the insturment cluster... :rolleyes:

later
MP
Hmmm...I think a primered paintjob would top my list...I know, I know...Maybe he's doing it one step at a time....But WHY THE HELL did he put 20 red R stickers on top of the primer?!?...Sorry, you just brought back bad memories!
Posted By: Milan007 Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 12:22 AM
It has to be those hideous aluminum racing wings! God do I hate those...

Oh yeah, buying a Honda too! wink
Posted By: bacoSVT Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 12:42 AM
1) racing wings
2) fart pipes
3) lights where they shouldn't be
4) seats reclined all the way down for that "lowrider" look
5) primered hoods for that "rallye" look

and countless others!!!
Posted By: D Davis Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 12:42 AM
Trim pieces that are painted (usually yellow) with a roller or something. I mean, put 2 coats on for God's sake if you're gonna do it!
Posted By: kerrychin Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 12:43 AM
The whale tail spoiler!

The stupid Greddy or HondaSport stickers!

The Folger's exhaust.

The goof who thinks he's cool behind the wheel, of which I can only see the top of his head (seat reclined too far).

Kerry
Posted By: smoothy Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 12:46 AM
Hmm, gots to say the YELLOW POWER!!! laugh

and the whale spoiler is a waste!! god you dont have that much power in a civic, maybe a stang, but definitely not a civic!!!
-washer nozzle lights
-fart pipe
-HUGE wing
-stickers
-pimple faced pussy's behind the wheel that try to spit game but dont realize u need a real car to do that.
><>David<><
Posted By: 99SESPORT Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 05:32 AM
-oversized wings
-nozzle lights
-led's on the wheels/tailpipes/etc
-body kits that are half way on
-body kits that haven't been painted to match
Posted By: chemguru Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 05:43 AM
Hmm...

Wings...
Fart Cans...
Neon lights..
Stickers...
Mis-badging...
etc, etc...

--JamesT
Posted By: Philip Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 05:58 AM
wings are the worst, along with zipper exuast cans. why the hell would you need a wing that huge on a FRONT wheel drive car...is it me, or does pressing down on the back (due to the wing) actually hinder performance?
Posted By: LoCo Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 07:19 AM
Stickers of parts that aren't really on the car.

I seen a Maxima with a DCsports and a Mugen sticker on the door. DCsports and Mugen only make parts for Hondas, right? :rolleyes:
The yellow trim, unless the car is yellow.
But the biggest thing is the "cool guy in a fast and furious car" attitude. That really has me annoyed.
Other than that, they can look as stupid as they want.
Posted By: redhawk Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 01:07 PM
MIs-use of model badging...

Type R
GT-R
SVT
Posted By: Eli Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LooneyMP:

3)any tach, bigger than 5" in diamater...are you that blind...or having one mounted on the dash and one in the insturment cluster...

MP
i wouldnt mind having a new tach in the tour, ours seems a little laggy. and hey, if i didnt want to deal with ripping the dash open and finding a new gauge that fits in the factory spot, id sure as hell put somewhere else. unless the problem is with the sensor, and not the gauge itself, in which case id get a new sensor, and the whole thing is moot.
I can't stand...

-fart pipes
-winshield washer nozzles LEDs
-a body kit that doesn't match the color of the car
-not having the complete body kit on
-kids that think thier hot **** because there cars looks ridiculous
-and the one I hate the most is putting stickers all over your car.(i don't care if you really have the part or not. Stickers make a car look like it is something it is not. put them under your hood)

I can't stand all of these things.
Posted By: PackRat Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 03:08 PM
Fake turbo badges.
Posted By: dnewma04 Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 03:19 PM
wings, oversized wheels, turbos, nitrous, car audio systems, custom paint, fart cannons, performance mods, braking mods, handling mods, mis used badges, shaved panels, altezzas, colt vistas etc.
Posted By: CZboyovski Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 03:21 PM
definitely the fart cannons if you asked me
Posted By: BruceO Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 03:32 PM
255/40R13 tires on wheels that stick out 2 feet from the sides of the car (makes it look like a rollerskate)!!! eek
Posted By: showtime Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 04:23 PM
Asian writing stickers on american or european cars.

Altezza tailights! especially as the first mod.

headlight and taillight covers

Shift lights..you shouldn't need one if these unless your def

big aftermarket tachs in Automatics

This is not really a ricer mod, but its one of my biggest pet pevs!!
When people by that chrome or gold door guard trim and trim out everything on the car like the trunk, hood, wheel wheels, gas door, front part of door, etc....
Posted By: Odysseus Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 04:52 PM
This applys to ricers and non-ricers alike.

1. Misleading Badges on your car!!!!
2. Fart cans!!!!!! shocked
Posted By: Simon96SE Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 05:11 PM
Here's my TOP 10 list.

1. HUGE Tachs/shifter lights on ATX's
2. Crapy sounding Fart cans (tannebe generic crap)
3. Alteza/"Euro" Lights on nasty looking hondas
4. INSANELY large shopping cart wings
5. wheel hubs removed for the "rugged" look
6. Washer LEDS
7. Jap writting on Domestic cars
8. 1 arm wiperin the middle
9. Painted Drum brakes
10. Powerd by Honda (or whatever) seat belt pads
Posted By: DBZJunior Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dnewma04:
wings, oversized wheels, turbos, nitrous, car audio systems, custom paint, fart cannons, performance mods, braking mods, handling mods, mis used badges, shaved panels, altezzas, colt vistas etc.
So you mean to say.... anything but stock?? :p
Posted By: gdub520 Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 07:56 PM
1....wings
2....neon underbody
3....big intercoolers with no turbo
4....fart pipe
5....driver (if they kick your ass they're sorta okay...but if u humble them (in your nearly stock se) they got no love :p laugh
Posted By: SeR Guy Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 08:22 PM
I saw this guy running around in an Integra with a giant intercooler, I was in my Daytona so I pulled up beside him and motioned for him to pull over, he did, thinking I was going to talk to a fellow turbo user boy was I surprise when I asked him to pop the hood and he was like..Nahhh man, I gotta go.. I asked what kind of Turbo he was running, he said it wasn't installed yet, I was like..then WTF is that intercooler for.. he just laughed.. I shook my head pulled up to the exit, and revved it up, slipped the clutch so you get that nice turbo whine as the tires spin... and then off I go.. followed by the at 16 psi shift...PSSSHHHHHH.. thats right Mr. Integra the only blow off you have when real turbo car's fly past you.

That Crap makes me mad, I hate posers...

Also I hate!!! Anything Type R or Japanses writing on Domestic cars... thats is idiotic!! I've called a Probe owner on it too and made him look stupid in front of his girl..

R
Posted By: bacoSVT Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/17/02 09:23 PM
i forgot one!!!

CLEAR TAIL LIGHTS!
Posted By: LooneyMP Re: what ricer mod annoys you the most... - 05/18/02 12:24 PM
I'd like to add a few that I saw today...

neon pedals....
transparent hoods...????

why on earth do you need a transparent hood? to watch your engine while you drive?
jeezze

later
MP
you guys are prob going to hate me when i say im buying the cta dual exhaust for my tour with FOUR INCH TIPS READ 'EM DUAL FOUR INCH TIPS
Hey! what's wrong with the asian writing on domestic cars?!? J/K
I know they're fuk'n tacky as hell, but i don't think most ppl who have them on their vehicles euro/domestic/import 2,3,4,5 wheels whatever....know what it actually means anyways.

(or they could be thinking it's good Feng Shui, yah right!)

i'm a China-man and no matter how proud i'm of my culture, i'd never make myself a target for ppl like (us) to make fun of! hehehe........

now who feels like chinese food? it's on me, only thing you must know how to use the chopsticks properly. wink to the loo.......!
© CEG Archives