Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TaurusKev Can't go wrong when it's free! - 09/05/06 03:59 PM
So yesterday, the day I didn't want to work (Labor Day) I went to take trash out. There are 2 dumpsters, one is for cardboard /Paper ONLY and other for trash, I throw the trash in the trash dumpster, then Opened the cardboard dumpster... and I saw in perfect condition, an iMac Slot Loading G3!! I took it out, and it had the power cable, keyboard, and the tiny mouse, all clean and didn't smell like [censored], so I powered it up inside the building, and guess what?! Works great!!

The previous 'owner' deleted everything except the system folder, but I'm restoring the OS, it is AirPort capible, I might sell it off or give it to a friend. Dunno. Not a bad computer for something in a dumpster
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Can't go wrong when it's free! - 09/05/06 04:06 PM
Crazy find!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Can't go wrong when it's free! - 09/05/06 04:08 PM
Freakin' great find! Some techno flunkie will be trash talking the iMac on the Mac boards. Find him & thank him for being stupid.

Posted By: Nate S Re: Can't go wrong when it's free! - 09/05/06 05:25 PM
Haha, thats sweet!
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Can't go wrong when it's free! - 09/05/06 06:24 PM
Coolest thing I ever found in the trash was a Lanzar bandpass box with 2 500W RMS Lanzar subs in it... both worked great too!

Too bad it's friggen huge, otherwise I would have kept the box. Gave it to my g/f's brother in law for his Scirocco.
Posted By: snakous Re: Can't go wrong when it's free! - 09/05/06 06:29 PM
Coolest thing I ever found in a dumpster was Steeda's mom.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Can't go wrong when it's free! - 09/05/06 06:31 PM
Originally posted by snakous:
Coolest thing I ever found in a dumpster was Steeda's mom.

Did ya give her away?
Posted By: snakous Re: Can't go wrong when it's free! - 09/05/06 06:35 PM
Hell no, I kept that ish and sold it to Todd.
© CEG Archives