Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pre98 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 04:31 AM
Someone who taught me everything I know about art, common sense, history, love, mechanics, women. Someone who knew the answers to every question I had about life. Someone who sat down for hours at a time to make sure I had it in my head to do what I want to do in life, and not what others impose upon you.

My Dad was a smart man. He worked on jet engines during Viet Nam, he held a respectable rank too. He was forced out of the service by his then loving wife, who, eventually killed herself with the drink. He started a new life with my Mom, and eventually had me.

Nothing is worse than losing a parent so short after high school graduation. It turns you and your personality to stone- and your friends hard pressed to deal with your stress. Only a handful of my friends truly know what it's like- and so many could never understand. I feel his death happened 20 years ago already, yet it's only been three.

Here's a beer to the man who taught me to think twice and choose conequences for my own actions- to "love life, play hard and sleep fast".

Rest in Peace, Dad.

I ask if you may so kindly do so, to have a drink for my old man. He asked me to do the same.

Thanks everyone
Posted By: DCHoeft Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 05:02 AM
your father sounds like a great man, so heres a drink to him!
Posted By: FFE_dup1 Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 05:06 AM
This buds for you.
Posted By: Frosty Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 11:47 AM
Here's to your dad
Posted By: KerryKool Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 12:50 PM
Cheers!
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 12:54 PM
Salut!
Posted By: getsum111 Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 01:23 PM
One for your Dad, and one for you for appreciating him.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 02:57 PM
Originally posted by getsum111:
One for your Dad, and one for you for appreciating him.

Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 03:18 PM
I take a drink of dew to your father, I dont drink alcohol. But Mt. Dew is god, so thats close enough

sounded like a good man and a loving father. Its nice to hear someone can have such a healthy relationship with their father.
Posted By: jtour Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 04:21 PM
I will keep you and him in my prayers.

Posted By: Toadster_dup1 Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 04:32 PM
cheers to your dad...

posts like this make me hope that my own kids will say kind words about me someday
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 05:23 PM
Cheers!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 05:26 PM
To Bills Dad! Cheers!
Posted By: DanMyers Re: 3 Years Ago Today - 09/05/06 05:44 PM
Cheers man, it's been 5 years since my dad passed away, and all I get when I go anywhere, like PennDOT, his last job, all I get is comments like: Are you Billy Myers' kid? followed by: He was a great guy. It's not easy, but I'm glad you can look back on him with fond memories, much like myself.
© CEG Archives