Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: platinum_drew so steamed - 08/31/06 02:52 AM
man where do I begin, I just need a place to vent.

so I had been looking at this Mazda6, actually, intending to buy, from a private seller. I got the loan, HAD a deposit, and was just waiting on the loan to get deposited into my account. I had been in contact with this guy and told him numerous times, the loan is approved and on it's way, he kept telling me no biggie, he was in no rush to sell the car.

he lives over an hour away, so I could've given him a deposit, but I figure why bother if he's in no rush and I'd have to go back down there 2-3 business days later anyways.

I go to email him tonite to tell him the bank says the $ will be here tomorrow morning, only to find that he had sent me one earlier today saying he sold the car. WTF?! he said they already put down a deposit so he's pretty much closed the deal. I sent him one saying I understand, but the bank would have the money 2morrow and I could've given him a deposit, but I guess it doesn't matter any more

sorry, just pissed, needed to vent
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 02:56 AM
WTH? What a jerk.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 03:00 AM
It's all about the money...

I wouldn't care who said they were going to by my car, the first person to give me the money would take it.
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 03:05 AM
that's pretty jacked, he kept telling me he was in no rush, and I already had a loan taken out. what am I supposed to do with this loan now? I could've given him a deposit for over half the car's price, but I didn't wanna make 3 trips, like 3 hours round trip, if he was only going to have to wait 2-3 business days to get it all! ack...it just sucks because I'm sure now I'll have to settle for something I'm not 100% satisified with because I already have to loan.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 03:11 AM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
It's all about the money...

pretty much, but there is also somthing called morals and keeping your word.. sorry for your loss man! may u get somthing better
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 03:13 AM
At least you found out what kind of scumbag he is before you bought the car! There are plenty of Mazda6's for sale, and the chances are good you can find a more ethical seller.

Seriously, he should have called you first as you had an agreement to say you either need to move now or else.
Posted By: sigma Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 03:17 AM
Oddly enough, I had my Mazda6 sold last week, then the buyer backed out.

No real biggie for me though. It made me rethink whether I really wanted to sell the car or not. And while I do want something new, I've don't yet think I've found something I want bad enough to buy and not fear later getting some buyer's remorse and/or buying a car now and not being able to take advantage of the number of new cars coming out in the 2009-ish MY.

So, for now, I'm waiting for baited breath for production plans for Mazda's Kabura concept. Buy one right when it comes out and dive headlong and then some into pioneering the aftermarket for it with the mod-money I'll have saved up by then.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 03:19 AM
Sucks that you didn't get the car. However, had may have had others telling him the same thing. Unfortunately, it is about the $$$. First come, first served. You could have done a number of things to ensure that he held the car for you. Overnight a check, Paypal if he had it, etc. You have to show a little extra effort if you really wanted it. just saying that you would buy it. He didn't know you from Adam. He probably wasn't in a rush to sell it, until some $$$ showed up. I say all of this from experience. I've sold MANY vehicles and I've had numerous people back out of deals even after they gave me their word.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 03:43 AM
sigma, I wish I could have your optimism about the prospective vehicles automakers are trotting out. I have seen nothing I would want to buy, and everything is moving farther and farther away from what I demand in an automobile.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 03:57 AM
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
sigma, I wish I could have your optimism about the prospective vehicles automakers are trotting out. I have seen nothing I would want to buy, and everything is moving farther and farther away from what I demand in an automobile.

That's cuz you're a picky bia.....

Btw, I LOVE my MS6. Sure it has some shortcomings, but it's a great car. I'm glad I bought it.
Posted By: sigma Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 04:04 AM
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:

Well, luckily, I'm not quite as picky as you, James.

The Kabura is right at the top of my list. Not so much the concept as-is (it's a concept after all, therefore quite exaggerated), but the idea of a Coupe solidly between the MX-5 and RX-8 is precisely what I'm looking for. The fact that Mazda has said that they could make it even lighter than the Miata says, to me, that they're taking it serious as a proper drivers car.

The updated RX-8 and/or its' successor will be out around the same time. Definitely looking forward to that. Rumor is of a direct-injected Renesis which will help boost its' output considerably. Maybe by then they'll have the bugs worked out of the Renesis that they've been having particularly in very hot (read: my) climate. I'm still tempted to buy an '04 or '05 now. I had refused to buy a used Renesis, but if I could pick one up that just got one of their engine change-outs they're doing on almost all of them for a song, I still might do it. I could pick it up so cheap that a new car in a couple years would still be an option.

Rumors of yet another Mazda sports car abound as well. A true high-end sportscar like the FD RX-7. A recent promotion has made such a car (probably closer to $40K) a more realistic option for me. Provided it ever does arrive. I doubt it. 3 sportscars is more than enough for little Mazda.

The new GTO will be out around then. I really like the current version (I know you don't, James), looking forward to what they can do for the next one.

And there's a variety of other not-so-new cars that I'd be interested in, but their high-prices make me prefer to wait until they're at least a year old to save on that high depreciation hit -- the C6 'Vette, Cayman, and Z4 M Coupe off the top of my head.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 04:24 AM
Picky? I think my demands are very basic, simple, and easy to implement. It's very frustrating that automakers won't get their anteriors out of their posteriors and build that car.

I think Mazda should build a resurrected RX-7 and my RX-S concept to replace the RX-8.
Posted By: TGO Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 01:38 PM
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
I understand, but the bank would have the money 2morrow and I could've given him a deposit

i guess you should have then
Posted By: jthursby Re: so steamed - 08/31/06 01:45 PM
yea, way to many whores selling things nowadays. No morals or values but to themselves. They are dirtbags.

Jim T.
© CEG Archives