Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 The flying Danes - 08/31/06 02:28 AM
My pops is building this. This is his 2nd one for himself. He's built a couple kits for people but that was quite some time ago. This one is larger and utilizes one engine instead of 2 like the previous one. The last one had a briggs & stratton on the front for lift. This is a much better design and larger as well. His first one was a test run and put together a lot faster. Well honestly it was hacked together IMO. I'm glad I didn't inherit that from him. His first had ribbing and "paneling" covering it. This one is mostly foam with fiberglass covering it. It will have a gel coat and the ext. will look like a boats. This one is also much lighter as well. The plan is for us to take it down the Mississippi; camping along the way. BTW you can't beat the expression of ice fishermen when you're hauling across the ice and then hit open water.

Skirting should be going on soon.

He has some pretty good brazing skills. I'm going to practice when I'm up this weekend. I want to be able to do 3L fuel rails that don't leak.

And if you want to learn more about hovercrafts.

http://www.hovercraft.com/content/index.php
Posted By: MxRacer Re: The flying Danes - 08/31/06 02:34 AM
i was impressed with that the first time i saw it. at least someone in your family has some talent!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: The flying Danes - 08/31/06 02:37 AM
What does this say? Eatahme.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: The flying Danes - 08/31/06 03:48 AM
Originally posted by todras:
What does this say? Eatahme.

Seriously, how hard can it be to spell "eat a ham?"

Cool hovercraft. I've always wanted to build one, but there are too many other projects to be finished first. Keep posting pics as work progresses!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: The flying Danes - 08/31/06 11:49 AM
wow! that looks like a ton of work!

That's a really interesting hobby.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: The flying Danes - 08/31/06 11:53 AM
Originally posted by todras:
The plan is for us to take it down the Mississippi; camping along the way.

Sounds fun! Swing on through when you start the trip!
© CEG Archives