Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: loggerbomb laptops - 08/29/06 09:57 PM
ok been discussed before i know, but they always seem to get better and things change, so my question is, whats a good laptop?
Ill be going to school next fall and my current PC is dying, so even though its a tad earlier than id like i have begun to look at notebooks. I dont play PC games much, got a PS2 for that. Apparently duo processors are the way to go, but which brand? I see alot of MDG ads and Dell ads, but they usually have about the same specs. Im prepared to spend up to a grand.
I do know that notebooks are hard to upgrade, so thats the reason i was holding off on buying one, but if i got a good one i wouldnt have to worry about upgrading much right?
Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted By: hopalong Re: laptops - 08/29/06 10:32 PM
Man, I've looked at a lot of posts in different forums, and they all have problems.

Dell has exploding batteries, and everyone jumps all over them, but I just caught a post with a picture of a blown up Mac Ibook where the battery is fried. Nice shrapnel hole and all.

It's a crap shoot; ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

From personal experience, I have an old (really old) IBM Thinkpad and it's built like a tank. Still quite useful for net browser and word processing, but it doesn't have USB or Cardbus, so it's pretty well obsolete.

If I was buying another one, I'd go for a mid speed used IBM, but that's just me. I'm not willing to spend much more than 250 for a laptop, but I have a bunch of full sized boxes to use for main computers.

Do some Google searches for the ones you're thinking of buying. I always put the name of the laptop followed by "problems" in the search field, and I get tons of hits.
Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: laptops - 08/29/06 10:33 PM
If I were you I would check the internet and electronics stores for something within your price range and with the features you want. Then go online and do some reasearch. Look at reviews and such. The sad part is computers on clearence or sale are usually
a: Obsolete (or heading there fast)
b: crappy in build with some design or functionality flaw
c: open box item, so it was probably malfunctioning before

Intel's core processors are newest tech. Somewhere near the 2.0Ghz range is normal for these. 512MB of ram is minimum these days, a GB is becoming increasingly neccessary. DDR2 is the newest memory standard, but DDR is ok too. I feel any HDD under 80GB is too small. If you plan on using Vista anytime soon, you need a very nicely equiped machine.

but it is all based on what you need.

side note: Tablet style laptops are becoming increasingly popular.
Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: laptops - 08/29/06 10:43 PM
Oh man, get this:
drool...

They have one of these at the bookstore here at the U. OMG it's amazing! This thing is barley a laptop, 20lbs! I was disgusted when I first saw it, but now I want it bad! WSXGA screen, detachable wireless keyboard. The CD/DVD burner is a slot load type. Those buttons on the top by the DVD unit arent traditional buttons, rather touch sensors like you would find on an iPOD. When you press eject, the DVD unit pops up and thats how you load the disc. Its quite amazing, and only $3500
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/29/06 10:57 PM
Thinkpad

End of story.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: laptops - 08/29/06 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Pete D:
Thinkpad

End of story.

I have to agree. My T43p is very nice.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: laptops - 08/29/06 11:30 PM
I agree with the DELL XPS, but not necessarily the one posted above.

I have the DELL XPS M140. It's the base XPS model with a few upgrades and I have a very nice computer for a little over 1300 bucks...You could probably get one for around $1000 if you didn't upgrade much. But it's very versatile, doesn't come with the exploding batteries, and has been good for the past 6 months with no problems.
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: laptops - 08/29/06 11:49 PM
i like the tablets, but they're waay too much money. I didnt suggest IBM because i never see any ads for them, maybe they arent as popular in canada, but ill check them out.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: laptops - 08/29/06 11:54 PM
I've had a Toshiba for about 2 years with no problems, but I have always heard that Dells are the best(exploding Sony batteries and all).
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 12:00 AM
Acer has a nice few models out. I was checking out onr for myself over at http://www.tigerdirect.com
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: laptops - 08/30/06 12:15 AM
What size screen do you want/need? That makes a big decision.

For me, I use my 17" laptop as my main computer (even for gaming, read below).

Mine is a Dell Inspiron 9300, which is nearly identical to an XPS Generation 2 and XPS M170 (Not the XPS M1710, which is a Core Duo setup, probly have a newer Core2 setup now), except the following:

• 9300 lacks a gigabit ethernet port, rather has a 100Mbit
  • 9300 comes factory with a "lesser" Geforce go6800 instead of the XPS's 6800 Ultra and 7800GTX setup, however it sill has 256MB of dedicated VRAM
  • Due to the "lesser" video card, there is also a smaller and less capable heatsink for the video card/chipset, however the 6800U/7800GTX and heatsink are a direct fit, no modifications necessary except flashing the BIOS with an XPS image to 'trick' the BIOS into thinking it's an XPS. The 7900, however, requires some modification to work properly.

Now the fun stuff!

My 2005 Inspiron 9300 with (now) 2GB of 533MHz DDR2, Geforce go6800 with 256MB of VRAM and modded driver to allow overclocking, and the 17" non-gloss 1440x900 screen allow me to play all the newest games at the highest resolutions. I'm currently playing Hitman: Blood Money in 1440x900 resolution with everything on and set to high except AA, which is set to off. Silky smooth!

Here's a good idea... pick up a used 9300 (NOT a 9200, it won't work) that had the 64MB ATI video card (NOT the Intel integrated, it won't work) and the Celeron M processor. This was the lowest end 9300 you could get at the time.

Get this said 'low-end' 9300 cheap off Ebay or somewhere else. Do a bit of research off of the Notebookfourms.com.

Then buy yourself a 400MHz FSB 1.6-1.7GHz Pentium M (NOT a 533MHz, it won't work properly). Read up on the pinmod tutorial and use the pinmod to 'trick' the computer at running the 400MHz processor at 533MHz.

The deal on the pinmodding is this: The 533MHz processor has a certain pin grounded to tell the i915 chipset to run in 533MHz mode. The 400MHz processor does not have this pin grounded. Since the processors are identical internally except this one thing, grounding the pin on a 400MHz P-M will cause the processor to not run at the stock 1.6GHz with 400MHz bus, but rather at 2.13GHz with the 533MHz bus.

Now you could just buy a 533MHz 2.13GHz P-M, but they are expensive compared to a 400MHz processor that is kinda old now.

Also pick yourself up a 256MB Geforce 7800GTX video card with heatsink (you will also need the 130W XPS power supply and a 9-cell battery for this to work). Install the bad boy and flash the BIOS into thinking it's an XPS (so that the 7800 isn't run in 'battery save' mode all the time, which will happen w/o the XPS BIOS image).

Get yourself 2GB of G.Skill ram of Newegg.

Enjoy your laptop that will blow anything but the newest, highest end gaming computers (including desktops!) WAY out... and yes, that includes even a similarly equipped Alienware setup... Sure pissed those guys off when they needed a new motherboard to upgrade their video card, then the XPS pulling better 3dmark scores to boot! Got so bad, they said that any Dell guys trolling on the Alienware boards would be banned... guess they're a little sensitive that they paid 3x the price of what it would cost for the above 'low end' 9300 and upgrades that beats em!

BTW, this Pentium M pinmod is said to be Intel's best mistake since the really old PII era Celerons that could be overclocked way beyond the fastest PII could for less than $100 (where as the best PII was nearly $1000).

The above statement is why Intel "multiplier locked" their processors... didn't want another mistake like that... but this P-M pinmod is pretty close!

Oh, and the XPS M1710 has a Geforce 7900GTX with 512MB of dedicated VRAM...

The M2010 in the above picture has an ATI x1800 with 256MB of dedicated VRAM. A 7800GTX (don't even ask about the 7900GTX!) gets better 3dmark scores than that x1800, which makes me wonder why they put a crappier video card in the highest end laptop...
  • Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: laptops - 08/30/06 12:15 AM
    Do not get a toshiba tecra. Mine is having the harddrive die again... yeah this is the 6th time. I've also had the mobo replaced under warrenty. Toshiba is one of the few companies that doesn't have a lemon policy. Keep that in mind... so I am stuck with a lemon of a laptop getting it repaired every 2-3 months for 4 years. Oh, the loss of data is so much fun, since there is basically no warning when it will die. I have to backup every two days or so due to this pos.
    Posted By: loggerbomb Re: laptops - 08/30/06 12:34 AM
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Mine is a Dell Inspiron 9300, which is nearly identical to an XPS Generation 2 and XPS M170 (Not the XPS M1710, which is a Core Duo setup, probly have a newer Core2 setup now), except the following:

• 9300 comes factory with a "lesser" Geforce go6800 instead of the XPS's 6800 Ultra and 7800GTX setup, however it sill has 256MB of dedicated VRAM
  • Due to the "lesser" video card, there is also a smaller and less capable heatsink for the video card/chipset, however the 6800U/7800GTX and heatsink are a direct fit, no modifications necessary except flashing the BIOS with an XPS image to 'trick' the BIOS into thinking it's an XPS. The 7900, however, requires some modification to work properly.

Now the fun stuff!

My 2005 Inspiron 9300 with (now) 2GB of 533MHz DDR2, Geforce go6800 with 256MB of VRAM and modded driver to allow overclocking, and the 17" non-gloss 1440x900 screen allow me to play all the newest games at the highest resolutions. I'm currently playing Hitman: Blood Money in 1440x900 resolution with everything on and set to high except AA, which is set to off. Silky smooth!

Here's a good idea... pick up a used 9300 (NOT a 9200, it won't work) that had the 64MB ATI video card (NOT the Intel integrated, it won't work) and the Celeron M processor. This was the lowest end 9300 you could get at the time.

Get this said 'low-end' 9300 cheap off Ebay or somewhere else. Do a bit of research off of the Notebookfourms.com.

Then buy yourself a 400MHz FSB 1.6-1.7GHz Pentium M (NOT a 533MHz, it won't work properly). Read up on the pinmod tutorial and use the pinmod to 'trick' the computer at running the 400MHz processor at 533MHz.

The deal on the pinmodding is this: The 533MHz processor has a certain pin grounded to tell the i915 chipset to run in 533MHz mode. The 400MHz processor does not have this pin grounded. Since the processors are identical internally except this one thing, grounding the pin on a 400MHz P-M will cause the processor to not run at the stock 1.6GHz with 400MHz bus, but rather at 2.13GHz with the 533MHz bus.

Now you could just buy a 533MHz 2.13GHz P-M, but they are expensive compared to a 400MHz processor that is kinda old now.

Also pick yourself up a 256MB Geforce 7800GTX video card with heatsink (you will also need the 130W XPS power supply and a 9-cell battery for this to work). Install the bad boy and flash the BIOS into thinking it's an XPS (so that the 7800 isn't run in 'battery save' mode all the time, which will happen w/o the XPS BIOS image).

Enjoy your laptop that will blow anything but the newest, highest end gaming computers (including desktops!) WAY out... and yes, that includes even a similarly equipped Alienware setup... Sure pissed those guys off when they needed a new motherboard to upgrade their video card, then the XPS pulling better 3dmark scores to boot! Got so bad, they said that any Dell guys trolling on the Alienware boards would be banned... guess they're a little sensitive that they paid 3x the price of what it would cost for the above 'low end' 9300 and upgrades that beats em!

BTW, this Pentium M pinmod is said to be Intel's best mistake since the really old PII era Celerons that could be overclocked way beyond the fastest PII could for less than $100 (where as the best PII was nearly $1000).

The above statement is why Intel "multiplier locked" their processors... didn't want another mistake like that... but this P-M pinmod is pretty close!

The M2010 in the above picture has an ATI x1800 with 256MB of dedicated VRAM. A 7800GTX (don't even ask about the 7900GTX!) gets better 3dmark scores than that x1800, which makes me wonder why they put a crappier video card in the highest end laptop...

• wow man thats alot of info, alot of it is over my head, though does sound promising, looks like i got some reading to do. Approx. how much will it cost for all those chips and heatsinks and what not you are advising me to get?
    Posted By: RT and his SE_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 12:38 AM

Now the fun stuff!

• And if you installed a blower and plasma drive you'll be able to drag race all the ricers around campus!

IBM's use to be good but now that there not built by IBM anymore it's hard to say.
    Whatever you buy get a good warranty. Don't count on your hard drive as your only means of storage. Whether it's CD's, an external hard drive or jump drives you have to have something else. Warranties don't cover data recovery. They all break. Portable doesn't mean durable.
    Posted By: loggerbomb Re: laptops - 08/30/06 12:43 AM
    yeah i understand that, ill be using this old pc to store my data.
    Posted By: gearhead_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 12:47 AM
    Originally posted by loggerbomb:
    I didnt suggest IBM because i never see any ads for them,

IBM is now Lenovo. The only thing that has changed is the name. They're still assembled in Raleigh, NC. They are still the BEST...especially the T series because the T stands for the titanium case....very rugged. I use one for work everyday and it gets bumped around a LOT. I've had NO PROBLEMS with it. Of course, I AM biased since I work for IBM.
    Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 12:51 AM
    Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
    I've had a Toshiba for about 2 years with no problems

Me too, my Toshiba Tecra is holding up rather well and I really like it's wireless software.

I've been a diehard Thinkpad supporter and still feel if your primary function is work/school related than it is the best choice. They are rugged and bug free.

If your gaming Dell would be a better choice.
    Posted By: RT and his SE_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 01:11 AM
    Originally posted by gearhead:

IBM is now Lenovo. The only thing that has changed is the name. They're still assembled in Raleigh, NC. They are still the BEST...especially the T series because the T stands for the titanium case....very rugged. I use one for work everyday and it gets bumped around a LOT. I've had NO PROBLEMS with it. Of course, I AM biased since I work for IBM.

Quote:

IBM sells notebook division to Lenovo

The end of the Thinkpad era?.....IBM has sold it's PC manfacturing business to the Lenovo Group, China's largest PC company for around 1.75 billion dollars. Lenovo is partially owned by the Chinese government and has a prominent market share in China. This news comes 23 years after the release of the first IBM personal computer.

Will the quality remain? Only time will tell.
    Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: laptops - 08/30/06 01:16 AM
    My big ass post above

wow man thats alot of info, alot of it is over my head, though does sound promising, looks like i got some reading to do. Approx. how much will it cost for all those chips and heatsinks and what not you are advising me to get?

The parts vary, since they're off Ebay or similar sources.

Laptop should be quite a bit less than $1000. Anybody over $700 for that thing is trying to rip people off. Here is one for $650 on Ebay: link.

The video card might be around $250-$350 depending on if it's new or used and if it was bought when Dell screwed up and was charging next to nothing ($200) for the best card on the market at the time (the 7800GTX that is). They're apparantly still going for over $300, linky Will also need a 9 cell battery (link $42) and 130W brick (link $35) to use the 7800GTX card.

There is a processor on Ebay for $55 at the moment... link

The system Ram is $160 at the moment at Newegg (1GB each for $80). link

~$1200 for this system. Fairly current, except isn't a dual core, and doesn't do 64 bit stuff.

An equivalent new computer will be around $2500-$3000, but that also includes a warranty.

You can always check out the Dell Outlet for refurbished systems... it's where I picked up my 1 month old 9300 from for $1247 shipped next day air. The way I recieved it, it would have cost $2400 new. Not bad if you ask me!

Warranty on mine ran out in Feburary, so I started modding it. Before the wararnty was up, I put in the same 2GB G.Skill above. After that, I did the motherboard I got on Ebay for $100 a while ago due to me breaking off the headphone jack. Next was getting a P-M 725 and pinmodding it. Next up will be the 7800GTX for a huge jump in performance over my go6800 I currently have.

So far I have $1500 into it, and will have just under $2000 in it when I'm done. Not too bad for a laptop that outperformes something I would have paid nearly $4000 for in 2005

I also have a cover for the back of the LCD that is Cherry Burlwood woodgrain finish that I get complemented on EVERYWHERE!

Looks A LOT better in person, but here's a pic I took about 30 seconds ago:

Click for 1600x1200 full size.
    Posted By: rouar Re: laptops - 08/30/06 01:31 AM
    Originally posted by RT and his SE:

Quote:

IBM sells notebook division to Lenovo

The end of the Thinkpad era?.....IBM has sold it's PC manfacturing business to the Lenovo Group, China's largest PC company for around 1.75 billion dollars. Lenovo is partially owned by the Chinese government and has a prominent market share in China. This news comes 23 years after the release of the first IBM personal computer.

Will the quality remain? Only time will tell.

Honestly, all of the people I know who have Lenovo Thinkpads love them just as much as their old IBM Thinkpads. I'm still aiming to get me a tiny X series clamshell one of these days (likely a used Lenovo X40)
    Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: laptops - 08/30/06 01:42 AM

Wrong!

Panasonic Toughbook FTW! Also noting that the wiki states that they actually make most of the parts for the laptop instead of the ODM done below.

Here's a example of who uses a toughbook: Special Operations UAV...

However, Quanta, the ODM manufacturer that actually makes the IBM laptops (note that this IS NOT/HAS NOT BEEN IBM or Lenovo) also builds Dell Latitudes (not the Inspirons, they're by someone else, probly Compal), Apples, and some others. This said ODM manufacturer is supposedly the best one...

Another example of an ODM manufacturer is Clevo. They build the laptops that are later branded Alienware and some other "high end gaming" systems at the bottom of the wiki.
    Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: laptops - 08/30/06 01:43 AM
    Agreed on Dell outlet. I bought a "previously ordered new" (never booted, just refused) Inspiron E1505 for $1239 shipped. Would have been $1900 shipped new with all coupons/discounts at the time.

Personally, I found the 17" screens overkill, even for gaming, and the 14;" too small. The 15.4 is a great overall size.
    Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: laptops - 08/30/06 01:53 AM
    Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
    Personally, I found the 17" screens overkill, even for gaming, and the 14;" too small. The 15.4 is a great overall size.

Correct!

The 17" screen is very combersome while trying to do mobile stuff. It's great sitting on the desk, but that's it. Where it's the worst is on an airplane... not enough room between me and the seat in front, and I'm a quite slim person!

A 15.4" is the perfect all around size, but if I wanted true mobility, I'd probly go for a super light 12" laptop that gets 7hrs battery life due to the ultra low voltage processor.
    Posted By: GS474 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 02:19 AM
    i like the tough book but they cost a little more

i have a 1-1.5 year old emachines laptop m6805

64bit amd 512 ati 9700

i paid abot 1,500 with the warrenty from best buy im shure you can pick up something a whole lot cheaper

it all depends on what you want battery power or prossessor power

i recomend best buy because there warrenty is almost idiot proof but they don't have much of a selection

Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 02:22 AM

Another example of an ODM manufacturer is Clevo. They build the laptops that are later branded Alienware and some other "high end gaming" systems at the bottom of the wiki.

So can I get ahold of these people to mod my ALienware now that Dell bought out Alienware...I called customer suppoert wanting new processor and more memory installed....and well..it was India....
    Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: laptops - 08/30/06 02:25 AM
    Originally posted by Judge:

So can I get ahold of these people to mod my ALienware now that Dell bought out Alienware...I called customer suppoert wanting new processor and more memory installed....and well..it was India....

Yeah, imagine that...

Supposedly Dell was going to leave Alienware alone, just be in charge of them. Guess that didn't make it too far.

I haven't really had a chance to be active in the NF since the take over, so I haven't heard the latest on what Dell did to them.
    Posted By: Yankees25_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 03:47 AM

As a Lenovo employee - let's clear a few things up here. The laptops are made in China, but find me a competitor's laptop that is not. Not a single thing has changed in terms of the quality since we became Lenovo a year ago. I've got Gartner studies that show our TCO to be industry best. The hallmark of ThinkPads is that they are designed to be very durable and resilient vs. the mainstream competition (no, they are not as rugged as a Toughbook, but they are far more durable than a Dell/HP/Toshiba). A 180 lb person can stand on top of a closed ThinkPad and not crack the screen. Try that on a Dell. Plus we don't need to sell fire extinguishers with our laptops.

In any event, keep in mind the T's are a magnesium top and titanium bottom (of which I have had a T23, T40, T40p, and currently a T43p with nary a problem). R-series is T-series technology wrapped in ABS plastic instead of Magnesium/Titanium. A little less expensive but a bit heavier.

For the more price conscious consumer, I'd suggest considering the V100 within the 3000 Family. It's a 12.1" widescreen offering core duo processors. 3000's are geared to consumer/small business, so they aren't as feature laden as the Think branded product (fewer thinkvantage technology type features), but are offered at a much lower price point.

I'm more than happy to share my Employee Purchase info for anyone interested, though fatwallet often has links to good deals.
    Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: laptops - 08/30/06 03:50 AM
    Mine's not made in China

It's made in Malaysia!

Seriously, though, it is not fair to blame Dell for batteries supplied by what is generally considered a very reputable vendor. Sony has long been considered the Toyota of electronics. Blame them for not keeping up their reputation. Also, the reliability reports I have seen do not show a statistically significant difference in reliability between makes of laptop.
    Posted By: JEFFtourCT Re: laptops - 08/30/06 05:19 AM
    just dont get a dell.. those inspirions and lattitudes are priced for college kids but have nothing but problems.. i've had my campaq persario v4000 for two years now and i have no complaints.
    Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: laptops - 08/30/06 05:42 PM
    Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
    Mine's not made in China

It's made in Malaysia!

Seriously, though, it is not fair to blame Dell for batteries supplied by what is generally considered a very reputable vendor. Sony has long been considered the Toyota of electronics. Blame them for not keeping up their reputation. Also, the reliability reports I have seen do not show a statistically significant difference in reliability between makes of laptop.

Malaysia FTW here!

I confirm the 'exploding laptop' was equipped with a Sony battery. I don't have time at the moment to find the Engadget article (I'm on lunch), but I'll look later.

Originally posted by JEFFtourCT:
    just dont get a dell.. those inspirions and lattitudes are priced for college kids but have nothing but problems.. i've had my campaq persario v4000 for two years now and i have no complaints.

What's your basis on this? I'm not a pro-Dell consumer, but look on Ebay and search for broken laptops. Chances are, 90% of them are HP/Compaq. As far as I can tell, Dell takes it's broken-under-warranty laptops, refurbishes them, and sells them at a steep discount.

I've never had any problems with this refurbished 9300 that were not caused by me. DVD drive died, but that was after 6 months in the desert (replaced under warranty) and my motherboard, but that was because I broke the headphone jack off the motherboard ('broken' motherboard has no issues other than the jack).

This 9300 has seen and operated in +135F (remember, that's the outside temperature, think of what it is inside a non-a/c equipped trailer!) for 2-3 hours straight.

Some of the laptops I never or hardly ever see broken are IBM, Sony, Toshiba, and Clevo (Alienware/clones).
    Posted By: Yankees25_dup1 Re: laptops - 08/30/06 10:56 PM
    Sorry - should have clarified. The majority are built in China (IIPC), and others are in Korea, Malaysia, etc.

As for Dell - gotta love this video. Dell burns Willie Nelson's pick 'em up truck.
    Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: laptops - 08/30/06 11:15 PM
    Originally posted by Yankees25:
    As for Dell - gotta love this video. Dell burns Willie Nelson's pick 'em up truck.

Funny... WTF is up with dude's hair and beard?

I've heard that the government might intervene and force ALL manufacturers to recall Lithium Ion batteries, since apparantly this has been happening since they came out.

Lithium isn't something you want to mess with!

Latest I've read on the battery issue. Apparantly Apple also recalled batteries:

Quote:

Dell and Apple between them need at least 5.8 million replacement batteries.

Especially since this isnĀ“t the first laptop battery disaster. Compaq had to recall Sony laptop batteries back in October 2000 through fears of overheating.

Interesting read...

Apple FTL: Nice

BTW, neither of my two batteries are under the Dell recall... BOTH are 1 number higher than the highest recalled ones... hmm...
    Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: laptops - 08/31/06 12:32 AM
    Neither of my two batteries were recalled either, though one was a model number that is potentially recalled. The serial number came up good.

I was actually hoping that one would be recalled to see if I could trade up to a high capacity battery.
    © CEG Archives