Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: coatsy Lawn Mower Issue - 08/29/06 09:07 PM
YA so I have an older ride on its a Roper, with a 400cc 11hp Briggs and Stratton 4 cycle engine, over the past few mows I have been losing power near the end of the mow, and the other day I noticed a small gas leak under the carb, I traced it back to an L shaped rubber tube that hooked on to the carb and into the manifold. it was cracked and the gas would leak out of it. Now I am sure that I can buy a replacement, my problem is this, I had to take the carb off in order to remove the tube when I removed the carb the throttle linkages "two metal rods that hook to the carb and go to my throttle controls" unhook in the process and I have NO clue where each goes? Anyone that could advise I thank in advance.

CC
Posted By: coatsy Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 08/30/06 01:37 AM
Anyone on tonight that may be able to help me here?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 08/30/06 02:31 AM
Dude,
That is why you take a digital pic before you disassemble the first time.I have no clue. You might try to see if there is a manufacturer website for either the mower or engine.
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 08/30/06 02:32 AM
"Mmmm. It ain't got no gas in it. Mmmmm."

There should be a throttle arm connecting to the intake on the carb. Move that arm back and forth and watch for the two arms that move when you do so. Those are the two points the cables attach to.
Posted By: coatsy Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 08/30/06 09:42 PM
Got er fixed, bascially fliped them around and interchanged them till I figured it out. After I got it together, I found a spring lying on the motor mount, it was the throttle, govenor linkage spring, had alot of fun getting that puppy back on, needless to say she's back together grass is cut, and she runs like a brand new mower..
Posted By: Beans_dup1 Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 08/30/06 09:52 PM
Originally posted by chemguru:
"Mmmm. It ain't got no gas in it. Mmmmm."

LMAO!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 08/30/06 11:14 PM
My push mower smokes when I cut it off after using it for maybe 8 minutes or less (use it in old dog pen). It started doing that after it caught on fire once. What's the problem?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 08/31/06 01:19 AM
The smoke comes out the top like the recoil area if that helps. And the fire was mainly outside the motor, caught dry grass on the deck on fire, but I could hear and see unburnt fuel lighting off so I suspect the flame could have traveled back into the motor some.

This lawnmower has hit a good bit of stuff, if that makes a difference. It doesn't run the same as it used to after it hit a stump once. I got an idea why that is, but that's not my concern really. I'm just worried it's gonna blow up one day and blow my legs off (probably would look cool, but then the grass wouldn't get cut again).
Posted By: coatsy Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 09/01/06 12:20 AM
Umm, I think it might be time for a new mower mate..
If you are having fires and smoking out, it's likely a wiring issue, not sure though.. Get rid of er, or you'll need a ride on cause ya ain't gonna have legs to walk on..
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lawn Mower Issue - 09/01/06 02:57 AM
It ain't that old and anything can be fixed. And I have a ride on. The push mower is just for small fenced in part of the yard. How many wires are inside the motor?
© CEG Archives