Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 02:46 PM
All you F1 fans, what is ur take with only 4 races left on the season, will Schumacher retire? Will he win his 8th championship and retire gracefully? Its getting fierce and fierce out on the track with only the tire selection pretty much deciding the race. Ferrari is quite strong and Alosno really has nothing to lose, he's going to McLaren next year so nothing big to him. I have a feeling Schumacher will stay but deeeeeep down i think he will call it quits All I would like to see outa him is an amazing 8th championship title, he would then truely be an amazing legend! He will make his decision at the next race in Monza, Ferrari's home turf pretty much. Its a must must win for Schumacher with a Ferrari one two otherwise Alonso will almost clinch it.

Whats your take on the 7 time world champion?
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 03:01 PM
He's loaded. Accomplished all he can, I say call it quits.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
He's loaded. Accomplished all he can, I say call it quits.

that he is, but its a different feeling retiring with the champion crown and the big #8th title..
Posted By: baco99 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 03:14 PM
i think he wins it this year by 1 or 2 points. the renault doesn't look as stable on technical tracks as it did at the beginning of th year. Alonso is always taking unorthodox lines on the track to find traction and speed. it will catch up to him.

i think Alonso will also kill the comp next year.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 03:19 PM
Originally posted by baco99:

i think Alonso will also kill the comp next year.

not with Kimi behind the wheel of the Scuderia
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 03:42 PM
I want to see Schumi behind the wheel of a prototype at Le Mans...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 04:13 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:

that would be interesting, but I believe Schumi was made for F1 and nothing else, the guy is just THAT good..
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 05:06 PM

I want to see Schumi behind the wheel of a mustang in Grand Am Cup . . .

Hey, as long as we're dreaming wildly here . . .
Posted By: Barge Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 05:47 PM
...and schumi wins his tenth Nextel cup...
Posted By: Silver Snake_dup1 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 07:46 PM

Been there, raced that....

Sauber Mercedes C9 circa 1991.

As for doing it again...who knows? He has said he thinks Le Mans is dangerous, but once he leaves F1...you never know.

My personal belief is he will race and win his 8th title (this year or next) and hang it up. I also think Ferrari will make him Diretore di Sportiva.

-Todd
Posted By: iluvmytour Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 08:23 PM
Not retire.

With all teams racing on the same brand of rubber next year (not knowing yet if different grades will be offered at each track) Schumi will be chomping at the but to show the world that when tires are equal, he's a better driver than Alonso. Plus the fact that Mclaren/Mercedes can't seems to go 3 races in a row w/out some sort of catostrophic failure happening...Schumi is (pardon the pun) in the driver's eat!!

Mark Webber to Red Bull...hellllooooo??? The race is...thataway...
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 08:46 PM
That was an old group C... I was thinking soemthing along the lines of a current open top P1/P2 car. Maybe him in a new RS Spyder running against the Audi Juggernaut...
Posted By: baco99 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 09:02 PM
Schumacher has said openly that he won't race anything but F1 cars due to safety concerns.

I see his next move as team owner of a fledgling F3000 or F1 effort. Maybe even his own feeder league. "MS1 Racing"
Posted By: m4gician Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/28/06 09:42 PM
if he retires, who's going to step up and win everything? I mean I know he drove a ferrari and that's probably why he won, but I mean it leaves the field wide open. it's like having Tiger leave the PGA, just doesn't make it fun anymore.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/29/06 01:26 AM
If he wins.....I think Schumi will retire.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/29/06 01:36 AM
If he wins his 8th world title, he should retire IMO. That way he will retire as a champion, and thats the way to leave the sport. And its not like once he's gone, its all over. Im pretty sure Raikonnen will take his place and him and Alonso will duel it out next season. Schumacher will not retire disgracefully like say Villeneuve did or previous champions like Damon Hill and etc who were just not competitive. Schmacher has pretty much shown everyone the bar, and no one can top it. He will be remembered along the lines of Senna, even better then Senna.

I will truely be sad once he's gone, I've looked up to him ever since I was 9 years old, he was and still is my idol!
Posted By: Silver Snake_dup1 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/29/06 01:39 PM
Originally posted by m4gician:
I mean I know he drove a ferrari and that's probably why he won.....

But remember, he won two titles with Benneton and then left for a Ferrari team that was mid-pack at the time. Schumacher, Jean Todt and Ross Brawn built that team into the dynasty that it is at the moment. The last few titles came as a result of the team they built....the first few were earned agains superior comeptition (McLaren Mercedes / Williams). Ferrari has always been the team to beat, but the mid-90's when Schumacher made the jump was a bit of a low point....that was turned into one of the most dominant teams in the modern era.

-Todd
Posted By: Silver Snake_dup1 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/29/06 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
He will be remembered along the lines of Senna, even better then Senna.

Easy there cowboy. Now, I am an uber-Ferrari fan. And I pretty much worship the ground he drives on....but to say he will be remembered as being better than Senna? That's a stretch. He will go down as one of the greats...no doubt. Fangio, Clark, Hill, Prost, Senna, Schumacher....all legends.

-Todd
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/29/06 02:00 PM
Senna is just a different sort of driver than Schumacher; I don't think one can equivocally say one is "better" than the other. Perhaps things would have been much different had Senna not been killed so tragically.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/30/06 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Rara:
Senna is just a different sort of driver than Schumacher; I don't think one can equivocally say one is "better" than the other. Perhaps things would have been much different had Senna not been killed so tragically.

I agree with you, although I must say I watched that race and was completely devistated. That was the first time I saw someone die that I knew. I will never forget the scene of how he just sat in the car motionless with his head just resting on the side

Rumors are now stating that Michael wants more time, his agent Willi Webber said that Ferrari should not pressure him, they should just let him concentrate on the remainder of the season. Ferrari has still to announce their 2007 line-up. It is about 75% confirmed that Kimi will be joining the Scuderia..omg Kimi against Alonso at McLaren will be SOMETHING!!

Next year is Kimi's year..
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/30/06 06:03 AM

I sure hope so. Last year he and his car was dominatingly fast, But unreliable. THis year he is still dominatingly fast but know the car isnt there. When you put kimi in a reliable ferrari he will Dominate.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Schumacher Retires? - 08/30/06 03:49 PM
Originally posted by dubkatz:

When you put kimi in a reliable ferrari he will Dominate.

no doubt about that! He's very fast and takes crazy risks like Schumacher and doesnt give up a position without a fight! He will do well if Schumacher were to leave, he'll be a great addition to the team
© CEG Archives