Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I didn't get into the show 24 when it was out for the first season. I didn't get into when my friends and coworkers would say it's a BAD show and that I needed to watch it. I didn't get into it when the second season, third season, or fourth season passed. When I caught it while flipping through channels, I just kept flipping.

WHY OH WHY DID I EVER DO THAT?

For the past two weeks, I have crammed the first season, and nearly half the second into my evenings when I get home from work. I can't believe how good this freakin' show is. I know it's just a show, but still....

I just had to say something...
best season was season 4 with the Nuke... I don't think you can get much more devistating than a Nuclear war head, I think also it relates well the stereotypes that we face today. The russian or whatever the guy was on season 5 was horrible because I mean, toxic nerve gas? Bleh... show me something possible :s

btw... jack w/ random agent #4 = random agent dying somehow...
Originally posted by m4gician:
btw... jack w/ random agent #4 = random agent dying somehow...

It's just like the unnamed crewman on Star Trek. You know they'll never last the episode.

[/nerd]
I always recommend 4 to start with. Great season. 4 and 5 are my favorite seasons, but 5 dives right in, so I say start with 4.

I am a 24 freak! BTW, my cell phone ring is the do do. . dooo do that the CTU phones make

I am sooo excited for season 6 because they have the opportunity to not "save L.A." if you know what I mean. I wont say anything else in case everyone hasnt seen it. 6 has the potential to be really effin cool!

Jack Bauer FTMFW!!!!

EDIT: BTW, if you havent seen season 5 and cant wait for the DVDs its available on iTunes.
Welcome to the 24 addiction. Now you just have to wait until January for the new season.
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
I always recommend 4 to start with. Great season. 4 and 5 are my favorite seasons, but 5 dives right in, so I say start with 4.

I am a 24 freak! BTW, my cell phone ring is the do do. . dooo do that the CTU phones make

I am sooo excited for season 6 because they have the opportunity to not "save L.A." if you know what I mean. I wont say anything else in case everyone hasnt seen it. 6 has the potential to be really effin cool!

Jack Bauer FTMFW!!!!

EDIT: BTW, if you havent seen season 5 and cant wait for the DVDs its available on iTunes.

for the ringtone? Is there an mp3 file for that? I need that for my phone ( I have a treo 650)
Google is your friend!

I believe its the 3rd one down.

http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone.html
6 has the potential to be really effin cool!

Yeah, the twist at the end of 5 blew me away.

Don't watch TV much. Catch news, a movie or golf, or a football game if I have time. Occasionally I'll flip on that 70's show or Monk. Otherwise, I'm a busy guy.

Originally posted by Woodencross:
I didn't get into the show 24 when it was out for the first season. I didn't get into when my friends and coworkers would say it's a BAD show and that I needed to watch it. I didn't get into it when the second season, third season, or fourth season passed. When I caught it while flipping through channels, I just kept flipping.

WHY OH WHY DID I EVER DO THAT?

For the past two weeks, I have crammed the first season, and nearly half the second into my evenings when I get home from work. I can't believe how good this freakin' show is. I know it's just a show, but still....

I just had to say something...

Honestly, its not the amazing show everybody makes it out to be. I think the concept of it is friggan sweet. But the real reason why people call it so amaizing is because they hook you into it but cramming so much detail into a 1 hour show. You miss an episode, you mide as well wait till it comes out on DVD because you will be wicked confused without seeing it. Now, if you have TIVO this is a different story. I watched the whole first season, amazing show, my brother got me into it. But when I tried to watch it on TV, I would often forget when it comes on, miss parts of it. I eventually gave up on trying to follow it.
You can miss one or two episodes. You dont get lost that quick.

Season 1 was the worst season IMO, so if thats all youve seen I suggest going to Blockbuster and I can garuntee that you will like the show more after other seasons.

Im just amazed at how quickly they can turn these out with such high quality. I mean, whats a normal movie, maybe 2 hours? And it takes how long to make? I would argue that these are of at least the same quality (if not better) and are much much more to film. Must be a busy life!
I absolutely despise TV and just about everything on it, but 24 is one of two shows that have completely and utterly sucked my face to the "idiot box" on the weekdays and will continue to do so.

I didn't start watching until the 4th season and my life ended for approximately 2 weeks after running into the local Target and buying seasons 1, 2 and 3 and attempting to watch them back to back.

I have 2 friends, my father and my father-in-law who all hated me for weeks when I loaned out season 1 to them. I think I've done more for Fox DVD sales than their own marketing dept...
You can miss one or two episodes. You dont get lost that quick.

Season 1 was the worst season IMO, so if thats all youve seen I suggest going to Blockbuster and I can garuntee that you will like the show more after other seasons.

Im just amazed at how quickly they can turn these out with such high quality. I mean, whats a normal movie, maybe 2 hours? And it takes how long to make? I would argue that these are of at least the same quality (if not better) and are much much more to film. Must be a busy life!

Yeah, we're on season 2 right now, unbelievably better to the nth degree...

And these are as good if not better than many movies that come out today...
© CEG Archives