Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: PeppermintPatty New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 02:40 PM
I just gotta pick one...

Great Pyrenees

I'm going to see them on Sun...not all are available, wish I could take the lot. I lost my boy a year & a half ago to bone cancer, he was a month shy of his 10th. My girl misses him terribly...she's now about 6, she was rescued by the local shelter when we got her at about 1 1/2yrs (trade for a roof job )

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 02:43 PM
Damn those puppies are as cute as a puppy can get.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 02:46 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Damn those puupies are as cute as a puppy can get.

they are cute like you todd
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 02:47 PM
omg cute!
:envy envy envy:
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 02:47 PM
WOW.......those are beautiful!!!! how big do they get once they're full grown?????
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 02:47 PM
take the cross eyed one in the front

~Andrew
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by todras:
Damn those puupies are as cute as a puppy can get.

they are cute like you todd

Don't be trying to put your brown in my brown.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 02:59 PM
Awwwww.....wook at da cute wittle puppy-wuppies!

*Misspelled on purpose!*
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
take the cross eyed one in the front

~Andrew

I love him...although not all are available, so I don't know if he is. The breeder emailed me this pic this morning, they had 1 girl & 8 boys.

The females typically are between 80-90#...Kate is now just over 100# (she went through a rough time when we lost Harv & binged on biscuits, gaining a few. She exercises regularly tho). Harvey was 110# (males are 100-120#)...so they were both in the middle of the scale.

These particular pups are bred for size as well as temperament...I'm expecting a big one. They've got a nice website www.pyrs.net
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 03:17 PM
that front one looks to have the most symmetrical facial colorations. I wouldn't doubt he's already spoke for.
I like the little one behind him to the right.

Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 03:17 PM
They are about 30# @ 3 months & typically gain 10# a month until fully grown...
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 03:21 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
that front one looks to have the most symmetrical facial colorations. I wouldn't doubt he's already spoke for.
I like the little one behind him to the right.

I like the one on the right also and I like the one to the left coming over the top. The one standing in the back on the left looks mischievious...like he'd poop on the rug.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 03:25 PM
They remind me of this.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 03:26 PM
i'm actually partial to the shy ones. i love docile pets. the kind that will just chill with you on a rainy sunday afternoon . the one in the very back right looks to be the most shy of the group. man i want another puppy. but i love my beagle. she rocks

~Andrew
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 03:34 PM
I love GP. They are just a little too big for an indoor dog. I have a yellow lab now. I always wanted a Golden GP.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 03:53 PM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
I love GP. They are just a little too big for an indoor dog. I have a yellow lab now. I always wanted a Golden GP.

Golden? Huh?

Pyrs are the most laid back dogs I've had the pleasure of experiencing...quiet, loving, lazy...excellent around babies & elderly. Although lots of hair & shedding. My brother has a chocolate lab (his second) & I wouldn't own a lab ever...he's a big oaf, not knowing his own strength, nor caring. Not that all I've encountered have been this way...but it's a little too much work to get them settled. Pyrs just grow into it.

I may get the pup involved in carting & drafting...although it'll be two years before he can be actually pulling any weight. With two babies in the family, they'd love it.

possiby a team...

Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 04:08 PM
wow...cute pups for sure!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 06:55 PM
Congrats on the new addition!
I've never met a Great Pyrenees, but I've heard they have a great tempermant. I wish you many fun years with your new dog!

BTW, you hoping for one of the males or the female (if she isn't already spoken for)?
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 07:07 PM
I have a female...I want another male, females tend to be dominant in the breed, similar to humans

Two females wouldn't make for a happy home...but a male & a female

I've had pyrs for about 12yrs now & unless a stray needed a temporary home, I wouldn't have anything else. They are known as "gentle giants"...excellent guardians, quick to judge humans...very wary of threatening animals.

My grandmother, before she passed last year, was confined to a wheelchair...she loved my dogs, Kate would absolutely not take a cookie from my grandmothers hand. She would turn her head & wait for her to drop it...Kate is a dirty muncher, ready to scarf up anything but she is aware of fragility.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 07:15 PM
Originally posted by PeppermintPatty:

Golden? Huh?

I think his must have been a hybrid with a golden retriever or something. It was the most beatiful dog I have ever seen.

Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: New Addition!!! - 08/25/06 07:22 PM
That would make a beautiful dog...pyrs are generally all white or with badger/gray markings. The markings on the pups will eventually fade, some moreso than others and pyrs are one of a very few dog breeds that have double-dewclaws (which is a pretty good indicator of the breed)...they are not removed.
© CEG Archives