Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Hightower GT Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 05:55 PM
Hooray for population control!!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/08/24/morning.after.pill.ap/index.html

What's your view?
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 05:57 PM
Hooray for OTC!

They should put these in vending machines at high schools and college campuses!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Hightower GT:

What's your view?

Sweet how every other place in the world has had it forever.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 06:14 PM

Whoot whoot!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 06:21 PM
I don't have any physical issue with it, since it still is preventing pregnancy from occuring rather than terminating an existing pregnancy.

The only issues I have with it are philisophical in nature; Like, I see it as having a serious potential to be used as an excuse to allow irresponsible behavior.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 06:36 PM

What's your view?

Woo! Hoo!!!

No more condoms on the strap-on!!!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Rara:
I don't have any physical issue with it, since it still is preventing pregnancy from occuring rather than terminating an existing pregnancy.

The only issues I have with it are philisophical in nature; Like, I see it as having a serious potential to be used as an excuse to allow irresponsible behavior.

I'm right there with you on that.
I like how it's not an abortion pill, but I'm afraid it'll lead to more carelessness.
Posted By: spgoode_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 06:46 PM

Yeah, but sometimes responsible people have condoms break or fall off.
And besides, truly irresponsible people have unprotected sex and don't worry about it until they're pregnant.
Posted By: 111R Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 06:51 PM
Originally posted by todras:

What's your view?

Sweet how every other place in the world has had it forever.

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 07:00 PM

Having used it about 3-4 times...It's nice to have it as a back up to condoms. They break and you're drunk and can't tell it broke, I mean hey college happens once. Slut it up!

Hooray for college!
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 07:09 PM
The ones who should use it won't. It's good as a back up for responsible people, but the dumb asses will still breed like rabbits.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 07:11 PM
I don't agree with the age restriciton, but at least this is a step in the right direciton.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 07:15 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I mean hey college happens once.

heh...so does the HIV
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 07:55 PM
Originally posted by PeppermintPatty:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I mean hey college happens once.

heh...so does the HIV

You mean that pill doesn't erase that also?
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Ã?ber Evil Mushu!:
but the dumb asses will still breed like rabbits.

what ever happened to survival of the fittest?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ToasterOven:
but the dumb asses will still breed like rabbits.

what ever happened to survival of the fittest?

Reproductive fitness does not equal intellectual fitness.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 08:28 PM
The ones who should use it won't. It's good as a back up for responsible people, but the dumb asses will still breed like rabbits.

I have saved the world of its demise and not had any children thank you.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Judge:

Children shouldn't have children!

PM me a pic of your tat please.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 08:51 PM
Originally posted by spgoode:
Yeah, but sometimes responsible people have condoms break or fall off.
And besides, truly irresponsible people have unprotected sex and don't worry about it until they're pregnant.

x10

There's always that instance where the rubber breaks.(If you can't notice that mid-way through, you have problems! And if it breaks at the exact same time as you....... then your luck is just aweful).

Then, you have the people who just don't use condoms. They're certainly not going to go buy a $25-$40 prescription, everytime they have sex, when birth control is readily available.

Mark
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Then, you have the people who just don't use condoms. They're certainly not going to go buy a $25-$40 prescription, everytime they have sex, when birth control is readily available.

obviously you don't know how much the usual birth control pill costs per month.

I know what you meant though. I'm just being a pain.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 09:49 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/08/24/morning.after.pill.ap/index.html

What's your view?

HOORAY BEER!

Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 11:24 PM

Irresponsible behavior is going to happen either way. And people really dont need an excuse, it is a choice.
Posted By: sigma Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/24/06 11:48 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

If you're paying more than $10 you're getting ripped off. And you can always go to Planned Parenthood (provided they're in your area) and get them for free.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 12:05 AM
I think the offering of this OTC is a good thing, though I disagree with requiring it to be behind the pharmacists counter and having to be sold at pharmacies.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Judge:

Children shouldn't have children!

PM me a pic of your tat please.

Just got some color added last night...will try to get photo of it tonight. working noons makes it difficult to get pics taken (she is sleeping when I get home)...

I am a child at heart LOL....but mentally I am...oooh...shiney thing....brb
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 12:27 AM
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
I think the offering of this OTC is a good thing, though I disagree with requiring it to be behind the pharmacists counter and having to be sold at pharmacies.

dude...if it was out where they could get at it....kids would be stealing it and going at it like rabbits and overdosing on the stuff...I think alot more stuff should be behind counters...
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 01:04 AM
The issue I have is that people should be able to buy this anonymously, not ask a pharmacist for it.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 01:14 AM
The issue I have is that people should be able to buy this anonymously, not ask a pharmacist for it.

My issue is that minors will not buy it...they will steal it because it is there...and then everything else goes up in price...

you afraid you may need it but don't want to go into somewhere you frequent often...go to another Pharmacy that you would not go to.....
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 01:35 AM
Yeah but these kids don't think like that. High school kids wear a social-defensive shield bigger than He-man's, that to this day, I never understood (why I did it myself)

IMO if my imaginary kid were caught with them, I'd give her nothing but praise. In my eyes she's doing the right thing- how old she'd be when she first bought them would make me weary- that is what would truly worry me, really.

Mandating people be a certain age to buy these pills effectively causes the opposite of their purpose in the first place. Young people are still going to have sex, unprotected perhaps, because it is still new to them. Laws will never change that.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 01:40 AM
The pills were not made 18+ solely for political reasons, but also due to concerns of the hormone's impact on adolescents has not been studied well enough yet.

I think there are other ways to make something hard to steal, having worked in retail. A larger package with alarms would be a start.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 05:08 AM
The pills were not made 18+ solely for political reasons, but also due to concerns of the hormone's impact on adolescents has not been studied well enough yet.

I think there are other ways to make something hard to steal, having worked in retail. A larger package with alarms would be a start.

Dude...cars come up missing all the time...ho wmuch bigger can the package get....

I find it somewhat amusing that you have no children...and are not able to get pregnant...nor do I foresee in your near future getting someone pregnant...yet you have so much to say about where they should keep these pills
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 05:29 AM
...and will never get anyone pregnant, but that's irrelevant.

It's all a matter of maximizing people's rights to both choice and privacy at a stage where harm is not caused to those who cannot consent. I have a sister and female friends (some with daughters), can't I care for them?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 12:12 PM
Originally posted by sigma:

If you're paying more than $10 you're getting ripped off. And you can always go to Planned Parenthood (provided they're in your area) and get them for free.

I'm not going to take advantage of a program that serves those in need if I can afford the costs myself.
Ortho Tricyclen LO costs up to $40 per month without assistance from insurance. That's not what I pay, but that's not the point I was getting at.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Morning After Pill goes OTC - 08/25/06 12:44 PM
Originally posted by sigma:

Exactly my point! Birth control isn't just for rich people!

Mark
© CEG Archives