Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TexasRealtor Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 02:44 AM
I stopped watching after the second season. This one is sooo politically incorrect that it just may be interesting.

Yea for racial stereotyping.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 02:47 AM
yea i read that on the yahoo page earlier. I don't know what "genious" thought that up, but its def. gonna raise some problems.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 02:53 AM
I heard about that. Sure it's not a rumor? Hmmmm, it will raise the ratings that's for sure. America is in love with reality t.v.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 02:58 AM
On yahoo's main page, it says it has been confirmed. $ groups separated by race.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 03:18 AM
What's the big deal? They've separated them by gender, age, age AND gender. IQ and race are about all that's left! (unless they want to divide them up by bust size and schlong length) They have to do SOMETHING to keep the interest up, and since they won't do Survivor - Antarctica (I say they need to dump them in the Canadian Rockies at the start of winter!) then this seems to be about all that's left to do!
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 03:18 AM
I think it's really sick, particularly as a publicity stunt. Of course, it won't impact my watching the show, as I consider the whole premise stupid.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 03:29 AM
I'll second that. I don't watch survivor nor any other reality show. That sums up most shows that are out there now, its pathetic. They are all different versions of the same thing. Not my taste.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 03:30 AM
Their choice to be on TV and your choice to watch it. If they don't like it, they don't have to do it and if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it. Pretty simple.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 03:36 AM
Only if they knew about the segregation prior to appearing on the show... It sounds like one of those surprises they spring on the unsuspecting contestants.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 03:39 AM
And they can quit anytime they want.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 04:24 AM
I don't know about that... depends on the nature of the contract they sign when they agree to be on the show.

Whether or not they have that option is strictly irrelevant.
Posted By: Keith W_dup1 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 04:56 AM
I like the idea of the Canadian rockies at the start of winter. Racist Island, I wonder if Jesse and Al will be watching it?
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 05:13 AM
Unfortunately, I highly doubt they'll ever do a cold climate Survivor. There's more ratings to be had when everyone is barely dressed. I personally am tired of all the equatorial island premises. Let 'em deal with some frostbite for a change!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 12:56 PM
The black group will win because "The black is the better athlete. And he practices to be the better athlete, and he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes way back to the slave period. The slave owner would breed this big black with this big black woman so he could have a big black kid. That's where it all started." -Jimmy the Greek.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 01:44 PM
Originally posted by todras:
The black group will win because "The black is the better athlete. And he practices to be the better athlete, and he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes way back to the slave period. The slave owner would breed this big black with this big black woman so he could have a big black kid. That's where it all started." -Jimmy the Greek.

Most stereotypes are based on some small sliver of fact somewhere. Just watch CBS as they will surely focus on those sterotypes.

...the first time the African American team outperforms the Asians in some physical event, the Asians outsmart the Anglos, the Hispanics outswim everyone to the next island...

Posted By: Yankees25_dup1 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 02:51 PM
I say dump them in the streets of NYC as homeless people for 39 days. There's reality for you.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 03:01 PM
OMG0MG!@! Racial profiling!!!Like that doesn't happen on a day to day basis, get over it.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 04:17 PM
"...blacks are not the greatest swimmers or may not even know to swim." - Tramm Hudson
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 06:08 PM
reminds me of being in 10th grade and my mexican teacher decides to have his current issues class list all of the derogatory names for as many races as the class could think of. not one of his greatest ideas. maybe we'll see survivor warfare break out
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 06:11 PM
Waht is survivor? Is that a TV show or are youtalking about the band from the 80's?
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 06:21 PM
Eye of the Tiger, baby, Eye of the Tiger!
Posted By: deftoned989 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Bike2112:
band from the 80's

Duh
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Trapps:
Eye of the Tiger, baby, Eye of the Tiger!

Ding, ding, ding...you win.
Posted By: coatsy Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 06:58 PM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Unfortunately, I highly doubt they'll ever do a cold climate Survivor. There's more ratings to be had when everyone is barely dressed. I personally am tired of all the equatorial island premises. Let 'em deal with some frostbite for a change!

Oh but imagine the pointy bathing suits HMM HMMMMM
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 07:08 PM
Idea:

Survivor Vegas AVN Awards
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Bike2112:
Idea:

Survivor Vegas AVN Awards

I'll vote three times for this one!
Posted By: "shotty driving"-ds Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/24/06 08:19 PM
Survivor: Cook Islands

Posted By: TGO Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/25/06 01:44 PM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
On yahoo's main page, it says it has been confirmed. $ groups separated by race.

\

well technically there are 4 "races" but only 3 are represented on the show. I think ethnic group is a better word.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/25/06 03:12 PM
Originally posted by TGO:

\

well technically there are 4 "races" but only 3 are represented on the show. I think ethnic group is a better word.

1. Caucasian
2. Black (pardon me, African-American)
3. Hispanic
4. Asian

Looks like four to me, or do you consider Hispanic to be Caucasian? I know some do. If so, then "ethnicity" would definitely be more acurate than "race."
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/25/06 03:30 PM

\

1. Caucasian
3. Hispanic
4. Asian

Looks like four to me, or do you consider Hispanic to be Caucasian? I know some do. If so, then "ethnicity" would definitely be more acurate than "race."

If you think about it, the producer is a genious. He has turned a series on the verge of being cancelled to everybody talking about it. It's the "Race Race" I'm picking the Asian squad to win.

"Go yellow team!"
Posted By: TGO Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/25/06 05:50 PM
1. Caucasian
3. Hispanic
4. Asian

You're not naming races.

wiki

Wikipedia lists 5...but Capoid seems to be a subdivision of negroid. Australoid is the one i was saying technically about. The original professor who taught me onle names caucasoid, negroid, and mongoloid. Depends on who you learned from though.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/25/06 06:26 PM
You're not naming races.

wiki

Interesting read. I guess ethnictiy might be a better term, but still not accurate in any way. A Caucasian from N. America will have a significantly different ethnic background than one from, say, Ukraine. So the two share no ethnic background at all.

However, the general public won't be thinking of the classical scientific breakdown of race. They'll be thinking of it as I did in that earlier post.

You have to give Mark Burnett credit for pulling this little stunt out of his ass. It has generated tons of buzz for the new season. Whether it helps or hurts remains to be seen.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Survivor - Racist Island - 08/25/06 06:57 PM
Put them on the team.
Hispanic Team
© CEG Archives