Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TexasRealtor France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 02:19 PM
Stop your nuclear program or we will pummel you with crepes and bagels. Just look what we are doing in Lebanon.
We confuse the enemy by running away
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:15 PM
funny the 200 or so troops they are sending to lebanon is more than the USA is sending (which is zero)
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:24 PM
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
funny the 200 or so troops they are sending to lebanon is more than the USA is sending (which is zero)

The US is sending the same number as Canada.
Posted By: Swazo Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:26 PM
Canada has put out ALMOST $2 million (canadian at that...) while America is giving over $250 million USD.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:
Canada has put out ALMOST $2 million (canadian at that...) while America is giving over $250 million USD.

I thought we were talking # of troops?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:34 PM
Anyone see Fox Sunday where they showed the video clip of the French troops arriving in Lebanon in two inflatable boats? I thought Chris Wallace was going to start laughing.
Posted By: Swazo Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:36 PM
True, but since none of us are sending any what's the difference? The United States is doing MUCH more than Canada can, or is willing to do. Just wanted to point that out
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:39 PM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:

yeah but Canada wasnt one of the countries trying to broker a peace deal. To me its kind of funny to be pushing for all these peace talks and what not and than not backing it up with any kind of troops. That and all the bashing from american tv Ive seen of France for the amount of troops theyre sending and yet american is sending none. Granted they are giving "logistical and intelligence"

As for Canada not sending troops, we have a good chunk of them in afghanistan, I think they want to finish that job before they spread thin the troops they have. Though i wouldnt be surprised if some were sent.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:44 PM
Uh oh, here come the Syrians!

Syria Rejects International Force Along Lebanon Border
Wednesday, August 23, 2006

BEIRUT, Lebanon â?? Syria's President Bashar Assad was quoted in a TV interview as saying Wednesday that he would consider the deployment of international troops along the Lebanon-Syria border a "hostile" move toward his country.

"First, this means creating a hostile condition between Syria and Lebanon," Assad told Dubai Television, according to excerpts released by the TV station ahead of the interview's airing late Wednesday. "Second, it is a hostile move toward Syria and naturally it will create problems."

Assad did not elaborate on that point in the excerpts. But in Finland, that country's foreign minister, after meeting with his Syrian counterpart, said Damascus threatened to close its border with Lebanon if U.N. peacekeepers were deployed there.

Posted By: EternalOne Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:48 PM
Quote:

Damascus threatened to close its border with Lebanon

Wow, that's kinda what we want anyways, so they can stop sending supplies across...

E1
Posted By: Swazo Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:49 PM
I guess they don't like anyone keeping tabs on the arms they dump into Lebanon
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 04:57 PM

yeah but Canada wasnt one of the countries trying to broker a peace deal. To me its kind of funny to be pushing for all these peace talks and what not and than not backing it up with any kind of troops. That and all the bashing from american tv Ive seen of France for the amount of troops theyre sending and yet american is sending none.

France took the lead on the proposal, and claimed they would make the investment to enforce it. 200 troops probably isn't what the world expected by "investment."

As for Bush, even though I generally have an extremely low opinion of his performance, I'll say that criticizing him for attempting to work with the UN in this case is hypocritical. I would have thought everyone who thought he made a mistake for choosing to essentially go it alone in the ME up until now would be encouraged by this apparent shift in strategy.
Posted By: Tom Thumb Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 05:22 PM
Non Arab countries are trying to see the situation through rose colored glasses. They should ask themselves the question "Why are Arab countries reluctant to denounce terrorist groups?"

Maybe then they would see that the truth is not what they want it to be. Wishful thinking is one thing but reality is another.

Terrorists are a hate group like the KKK or any other hate groups.

Posted By: snakous Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 05:35 PM

As for Canada not sending troops, we have a good chunk of them in afghanistan, I think they want to finish that job before they spread thin the troops they have. Though i wouldnt be surprised if some were sent.

Right, and we don't have any troops anywhere else I'm sure we have many more jobs to finish than Canada does.
Posted By: joe_dup1 Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 06:52 PM

If you're talking about Lebanon, "Harper pledges $25M for Lebanon relief" "This makes Canada one of the largest per capita donors in Lebanon,"

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/08/16/harper-lebanon.html

It's all a big silly dance though.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 07:11 PM
Originally posted by joe:

It's all a big silly dance though.

Not is a Canadian dance. Mmmm Windsor ballet.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 07:32 PM
Originally posted by snakous:

Right, and we don't have any troops anywhere else I'm sure we have many more jobs to finish than Canada does.

Maybe Canada would be willing to loan us their tank!
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/23/06 11:01 PM
Canada is doing the best they can as always.
Posted By: Keith W_dup1 Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/24/06 05:23 AM
Originally posted by EternalOne:
Quote:

Damascus threatened to close its border with Lebanon

Wow, that's kinda what we want anyways, so they can stop sending supplies across...

E1

My thoughts also.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/24/06 06:27 AM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by snakous:

Maybe Canada would be willing to loan us their tank!

i say "SEND IN THE ROYAL MOUNTIES!"
Posted By: Stazi Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/24/06 04:38 PM

Sending US troops into Lebanon would be a monumental mistake. I think everyone should realise this. IF we sent ONE soldier there it would be seen as a show of support for the Israeli's. Up to now our support for Israel is both implied and behind the scenes. The US does not need to be seen fighting side by side with the Israeli's, this would only escalate the hatred already harbored toward the US.

If this ever happens, kiss your asses goodbye cos the Jihad that Al Qaede ad other muslim extremists want, would begin in way you could not imagine. I'd never fly again!
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/24/06 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

Sending US troops into Lebanon would be a monumental mistake. I think everyone should realise this. IF we sent ONE soldier there it would be seen as a show of support for the Israeli's. Up to now our support for Israel is both implied and behind the scenes. The US does not need to be seen fighting side by side with the Israeli's, this would only escalate the hatred already harbored toward the US.

If this ever happens, kiss your asses goodbye cos the Jihad that Al Qaede ad other muslim extremists want, would begin in way you could not imagine. I'd never fly again!

Yeah the thing is you guys already have shown alot of support for Israel. Its not a big secret. Sending them the bunker buster bombs sure doesnt show arabs that you hate Israel.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/24/06 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
snip...If this ever happens, kiss your asses goodbye cos the Jihad that Al Qaede ad other muslim extremists want, would begin in way you could not imagine. snip

Tell those pansy assed punks to bring it! I'm tired of this Middle Eastern conflict crap and the threat of extremists and terrorists. Send Allah M'F'N terrorist to my house. I just picked up another 1000 rounds and am ready. I even had Mrs. Trapps at the range last week, with a law officer friend, getting into form.

I wonder if the government has terrorist hit squads - here on US soil? I'd like to join in the fun. Allah, Allah, BANG! BANG!

As for Israel and everything/everyone else over there I say screw them all; let them kill each other. Eventually, like a group of dogs does, they'll sort it out themselves.

Bring ALL of our troops home give them a month off and then set up a border guard unlike any other - ring the whole F'n country with well rested and pissed off military personnel. I want to see loads of automatic weapons in our airports and other public venues. I'm sorry if racial profiling upsets people. It works. Use it to keep the bastards at bay - you know they'd use any means available to get at us.

/irrational, unsupported rant off
Posted By: Corbett_dup1 Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/24/06 05:59 PM

Yeah but Canada's tank is already being used in Afghanistan so they are already stretched pretty thin as it is!
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: France Threatens Iran - 08/24/06 06:28 PM
Anyone see Fox Sunday where they showed the video clip of the French troops arriving in Lebanon in two inflatable boats? I thought Chris Wallace was going to start laughing.

I thought it was one boat and a big mirror to make it look like 2 boats. Were the boats painted French Surrender White?
© CEG Archives