Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GS474 acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/19/06 09:19 PM
well today i stumbled accross this

witch is a song called hay ya but its done with acoustic guitar and sounds great compared to the original

are there any others like this im searching on google and a bunch of other sources will post if i find other songs

1 result
Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/19/06 10:54 PM
I dont know if you care but the band Bayside released an acoustic version of their self titled CD not too long ago.

There is a compiltation album called "punk goes acoustic" with some good acoustic tracks. Also good.
Originally posted by GS474:

witch is a song called hay ya but its done with acoustic guitar and sounds great compared to the original

are there any others like this im searching on google and a bunch of other sources will post if i find other songs

1 result

flippin' sweeeeet
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/20/06 12:43 AM
Barenaked Ladies pulls stuff like this out from time to time. I've got a few MP3s along this line, too. Like, one of some folksy girl singing a soft ballad cover of "Straight Outta Compton" that just killed me the first time I heard it...full-on hardcore lyrics and everything.
Posted By: GS474 Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/20/06 01:00 AM
yeah i care i found some more covers of songs im going to export the links into a html a little later il post it a little later

yes i had that straight out of compton mp3 i don't know were its at i know i have it on my xbox
Posted By: ridered81 Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/20/06 03:06 AM
wow, i reeeaallly like that cover. sounds so perfect acoustic. if you like a good cover song that you wouldnt expect listen to ben folds cover of dr. dre's song. i forget exactly which song it is but i can check. dont think its acoustic but still a funny cover...

EDIT: its called "b!tches ain't sh!t" haha

here is the link that i found for it

[censored] aint shiiznat

Warning!!! NWS lyrics but its hilarious
Posted By: GS474 Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/20/06 06:42 PM
go to youtube and put "cover" and "acoustic" you can find alot
Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/20/06 07:35 PM
dynamite hack released a cover of boyz in the hood a while back. its good
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/20/06 08:39 PM
That guy is really good, I'm going to look for more of his stuff.
Posted By: Harrry Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/20/06 09:02 PM
Originally posted by GS474:

I am trying to dl the song, but can't, have you dl'd it??

I can play it and everything, but i want to put i on cd.
Posted By: 2000myst Re: acoustic versions of popular songs - 08/20/06 09:20 PM
He did that really great.

I've listened to local bands do covers on songs and they really ruin them. This one was done really nice.

Dan
© CEG Archives