Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: csvt_33 Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 01:37 PM
Time to replace my GF's car. Choices are Mazda6 S, or Fusion SEL. Trying to find nice used 6 to avoid depreciation on a new car, but can't seem to find many nice, loaded up, 6's. Not to mention the 6's have held their resale exceptionally well. Leasing may be an option if I can just keep from modding . If buying new, price range is $20,000-$27,000. Used up to $15,000(won't finance). Car has to be 4 door, no rear wheel drive, auto , and loaded up.

options:
03'-05' 6 S
New 6 S
New Fusion SEL
New Legacy GT(I like, but might be too pricey)

Thanks for input!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 01:58 PM
earlier Mazda6's are really nice.
Posted By: jtour Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 02:05 PM
GT if you going to spend the $$$ might as well go all out.

Posted By: Max02 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 02:25 PM
You should look at 2002 or 2003 Maximas. I just bought my 2002 Maxima SE with 35,000 miles with all options except leather and nav (but including xenon headlights, Bose stereo, moonroof, etc.) for $13,500. I got a good deal, but there are a lot of them out there right now for $15,000 or under. 255hp is a lot of fun!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 02:42 PM
Mazda6>Fusion, as you've seen the 6 is keeping its value better than others and will definitely do better than the Fusion. Right now I wouldn't buy any domestic vehicle new as the depreacion is insane (unless you get really good remates!)

I'd go for either a new/used 6S or a used LGT!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 02:53 PM
Best g/f car ever. ' 05 6s with 6 speed. '06's were ruined.

Posted By: Max02 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 02:59 PM
I think the 6s 5-speed 5-door is just about the perfect car. Unfortunately, not very many of the model I wanted and the prices still being pretty high (mainly because they didn't come out until later) put them out of contention until next time.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 03:03 PM
When I she bought her car in April there were still left over '05's in Chicago. Still might be. Crazy to see them sit so long. But that's how you can get crazy deals. Got the Steel Gray for 21k out the door loaded up to the hilt. Mind you there were crazy deep rebate's and discounts offered. Don't know what is available now.
Posted By: m4gician Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 03:08 PM
if you get a NEW 6, from a financial stand point you'll be able to take advantage of all the employee discounts + 0% finanacing on the car. Do that and it'll make sense unless you're paying cash...
Posted By: csvt_33 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 04:14 PM
We're looking used because we've got 15k cash. If I can find a nice used 6 that would be ideal. if we go new and finance Ford and Mazda have about equal incentives right now. But as was brought up earlier, I think I'd get killed on depreciation in the Fusion(looked at, has nice feel in quality, etc., don't know why they depreciate so rapidly). But in our situation having decent down payment means if were to finance it wouldn't be too bad. Weel off to Mazda and Subie dealer I go!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 05:11 PM
So look for a used Fusion. That way, the depreciation hit has already been taken. I'm sure they're out there somewhere.
Posted By: Snipey Re: Opinion on new car - 08/18/06 09:44 PM
i vote for the legacy gt all the way.

always wanted one..so hott:

Posted By: CeeBee94Z Re: Opinion on new car - 08/21/06 06:31 PM
Hands down, LGT.

I test drove a Spec B and the car was amazing. If I had the money I would have bought a LGT right then and there. (Not the Spec B though, waste of money)
Posted By: Coolkuehl3_dup1 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/21/06 11:22 PM
CSVT 33, well it was on Friday that you were heading to the dealers to look at the "new" car. Haven't heard anything since. Any new news???

I'm still voting for the 6.

PS Where in Milwaukee are you? Near 92nd and Capitol for me.
Posted By: csvt_33 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/22/06 02:06 AM
-UPDATE- Took delivery on a new 6S wagon on Sat. I know, I know- A WAGON??? The G/F fell for it, and I'm warming up to it. It's loaded up w/ all the goodies- leather, roof, 6-disc Bose, auto climate control, 18's, xenons, auto climate.....everything. Black on black. We took it for a road trip yesterday so it already needs a wash, but i'll get pics up soon. Thanks everyone for their input! Kuehl, I live only about 5 blocks away
Posted By: neelnug_dup1 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/22/06 02:13 AM
You can lease a GT in the 300s. Fun, fast car with AWD. I have 20k on mine so far. 06s have most of the bugs worked out. Take a GT out for a real test drive on a nice cool morning. Your decision will be made. If you want to mod slightly you can get 290hp and 300tq for less then 1k.

Oh yea, check the crash test scores...

Posted By: csvt_33 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/22/06 02:20 AM
I really like the GT's too, but my G/F didn't care for the styling. If it were me buying, I'd be looking MS6 or GT Spec B w/stick.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Opinion on new car - 08/22/06 12:17 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all.

Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Opinion on new car - 08/24/06 02:37 AM
Well, I also vote pre-2006 Mazda6. The Fusion is a watered-down Mazda6 beat up with an ugly stick, and the 2006 variant was ruined by eliminating the sporty styling and making the interior cheaper and more tacky (unless you want cloth).
© CEG Archives