Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: loggerbomb what makes you sick? - 08/16/06 09:57 PM
i dunno what the deal is with me, but new paint, new plastics, some perfumes and cleaning products and the like make me ill.

My father did some painting last night in the house, and this afternoon i wake up for work and im freakin ill. Also bought a new video game lounger chair and the smell of the fabric on it gives me massive migraines.

anyone have problems like that?
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: what makes you sick? - 08/16/06 10:00 PM
The smell of a dirty sponge makes me gag.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/16/06 10:04 PM
i cant stand the smell of the wheel cleaning chemicals at the car wash that i work at, it makes me cough and feel sick...
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: what makes you sick? - 08/16/06 10:08 PM
English Breakfast tea makes me ill to the point of hurling.

The smell of sour milk makes me queasy as well.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/16/06 10:25 PM
Taxes- Every time I see the amount the Govt. yanks from my check on the 1st and 15th I get queasy.

Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: what makes you sick? - 08/16/06 10:26 PM
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
i dunno what the deal is with me, but new paint, new plastics, some perfumes and cleaning products and the like make me ill.

My father did some painting last night in the house, and this afternoon i wake up for work and im freakin ill. Also bought a new video game lounger chair and the smell of the fabric on it gives me massive migraines.

anyone have problems like that?

scent has never made me sick, take the most fowl thing you have ever smelled (one of steeda's farts) and I still wont even gag. But there are wierd scents that will stick in my nose all day though... like the smell of office... when I get out of work after 8 hours there, I can smell the office all day... drives me nuts.
Posted By: 99blacksesport_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/16/06 11:48 PM
For me it's the sight of needles, or stabbing with a knife. I can take slashing, just not the plunging of the blade or needle into the skin.
Posted By: GS474 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/16/06 11:52 PM
dog/cat poo

needles
i try to donate blood when i can but it makes it hard because when i see that needle it scares me to the point i get sick
i have to ask them for a blindfold

Posted By: KerryKool Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 12:16 AM
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
For me it's the sight of needles, or stabbing with a knife. I can take slashing, just not the plunging of the blade or needle into the skin.

Stabbing is ok for me, but the needle thing... makes me shiver everytime. But not shot/injection type of needles, the blood sucking needles.
Posted By: 2slowtour Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 12:32 AM
road construction makes me sick.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 12:35 AM
Men who hit women.

Makes me ill enough to want to beat him down.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 12:39 AM
I agree with the last 2 (construction/abusive males).

But I also hate this oil leak on my 3L that I can't find. Annoying!
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:00 AM
Mrs. Furby.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:14 AM
April 15th.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Taxes- Every time I see the amount the Govt. yanks from my check on the 1st and 15th I get queasy.

Me too, particularly when I see politicians wanting to steal more from me.
Posted By: Tom Thumb Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:22 AM
The smell of rotten eggs makes me sick very quickly.

Needles don't bother me. I always watch them insert the needle.

Drug abusers bother me because they are always begging for help but all they want is more drugs.
Posted By: red99sesport Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:24 AM
Needles, I hate needles. I can't look when they give me shots. For whatever reason my blood pressure changes drastically when I see a needle about to be shoved into my arm. Because of the blood pressure change I get light headed and have had problems standing up after getting shots before. That's why I just look away when I need shots.

The smell that makes me sick currently is the smell of raw, unburned diesel. Gas is OK, infact I love the smell of Gasoline, especially at a race.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:26 AM
When they take taxes out of my welfare check. I worked hard for that money!

Mark
Posted By: GS474 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 02:42 AM
when anything breaks on the contour i get a little sick
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 02:43 AM
Sometimes when I drink too much it makes me sick.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 02:48 AM
contours on 17" chrome wheels w/ stock suspension.

remembering to send in rebate forms after the exp date.
(and you they f*ckin love that!)
Posted By: rouar Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 03:55 AM
Ink or foreign material on my skin. This includes facepaint, ballpoint pen, fingerprinting, even dirt that gets under the skin in a bad scrape. Getting a needle or a skin test at the doctor's office is the worst (along with IVs). I get nauseous, weak and turn pale pale white if it isn't taken off immediately.

I can remember this happening as early as getting my booster shot before kindergarten (unfortunately one of my most vivid early memories). I haven't worn facepaint since first grade when I had to end trick-or-treating early to go home and take it off. Last time I got a shot, I had a new doctor and he didn't know this happened to me every time. He was so concerned I was going to faint that he made me lie down and sip water for 1/2 hour before I got color back!

The oddest occurrence: Cake frosting on my face in a food fight at a friend's sweet 16th made me feel ill in this manner. Second oddest: ashes on forehead every annual Ash Wednesday (Catholic).

Now NECEG might understand why I wash my hands obsessively if oil or grease gets on them when working on cars.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 03:56 AM
Yankee Candle
Goatse
Tubgirl
Meatspin
Etc
Posted By: GilNewball Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 03:57 AM
Needles, pollen, Lake Worth city water, Florida, and feet.
Posted By: Rayn Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 04:27 AM
Getting jerked by mechanics!
Posted By: Tourige Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 05:19 AM
needles make me feel sick.

The Dentist, everything about them, the smell, the sound of the sucking just makes my skin crawl, everything about it is sick.

And Rawbutt makes me want to ram my head through a wall.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:

We're friends deep down inside, dont kid yourself.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Marky:
Mrs. Furby.

You do realize she's still one here w/ another screen name...?

Ashtrays & cigarette ashes...I could puke, I get shakey whenever an ashtray is near me. Someone has to move it for me, I get the creeps just thinking about touching it...and when ashes blow across the bar as I'm having a beer, eeewwww

I don't care about the smoking (as long as it's respectable & not in my face), it's the disgusting stank-ass by-products.

More recently: some half-digested creature my cat puked-up on my sidewalk
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:16 PM
Originally posted by TaurusKev:
Yankee Candle
Goatse
Tubgirl
Meatspin
Etc

you forgot lemonparty
err unless that sorta thing is your bag

The last time I got a bit lightheaded and ill was recently after a routine blood test.
The nurse effed it up, so I had a bruise for a week afterward.
The actual needle didn't bother me, but every time I'd touch the bruise and try to rub it, I'd get nauseous. I can touch the spot now and I'm fine, so I'm guessing it's because it was still sore and my body was trying to tell me to stop effing with it!

I think the last time anything made me gag before that was probably something that came from my husband.
I have a really strong sense of smell - almost canine.
Smell is also strongly linked to taste, so we have a joke that I eat my husband's farts.
He can friggin stink bad! Not as bad as Stazi though. Nobody stinks like that.

Also other people's vomit usually doesn't bother me, but I had to help the husband once after a night of margaritas and mexican food. He had minor knee surgery not too long before, so his leg was in an immobilizer. He had to braf in the middle of the night, and got his foot caught in the sheets.
Barely made it to the bathroom and it sprayed across the floor. I got up to help while he did the rest in the terlet.
I dry heaved the whole time.
I think the mexican food smell is the biggest reason since I was still full from supper.
I had to use 3 old beach towels to clean up the mess.
Posted By: HondaKL Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:24 PM
Brown paper bags, like at the grocery store.

My mother used to put a plastic bag in a paper back and have me get sick in it when I was little. That way she could take the whole thing, wrap it up and throw it away and not have to deal with it.

Now I associate the small of paper bags with throwing up.

Oh the way we can screw up our youth.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:37 PM
Originally posted by HondaKL:
Brown paper bags, like at the grocery store.

My mother used to put a plastic bag in a paper back and have me get sick in it when I was little. That way she could take the whole thing, wrap it up and throw it away and not have to deal with it.

Now I associate the small of paper bags with throwing up.

Oh the way we can screw up our youth.

Weird. I had an employee that couldn't stand the feel/sound of newsprint. Wouldn't touch a newspaper to save her life. I used to sneak up behind her and when she'd turn around I'd rub a piece of newspaper on my face. Gave her the willies something awful and she'd be all jittery for an hour or so. Ahhh....good times!

For me, I had to be present when a rent-to-own place took back a fridge that had been full of food w/ the power off for a month or so. THAT was the worst, most foul smelling, disgusting odor I have EVER had the misfortune to get a whiff of. It had me retching so hard I almost passed out. :shudder:

If we're talking true physical illness, not psychological, then severe exhaustion (poor sleep for say, a week) usually triggers a nasty sinus drainage problem and the resulting hacking cough. Also, if I get really really hungry, say I skip lunch completely on a hard work day, I get a nasty migraine.
Posted By: m4gician Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:50 PM
smell of rotten foods. Also my aunt lives near the meat/anmial processing district and that really smells. Car sickness or the smell of an older car...

and everyone's favourite...
ignorance.
Posted By: Tourige Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 01:51 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

We're friends deep down inside, dont kid yourself.

Posted By: XKontour98 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 04:08 PM
The smell you smell when walking past a nail salon at the mall definitely makes me sick! I don't understand how people can work or sit in there!

Diesel fuel.

Feet, not ordinary feet, but feet that have yellow or brown toenails and are just nasty, especially if you have to touch them. (Work at a hospital)

Needles don't boter me at all anymore, donate blood often.

What makes me physically sick is any form of donation where they take you blood into a machine and spin in down and pump part of it back into you. I donated red blood cells and platelets seperately, and I swear everytime I have tried it I get really sick for the next two days. No more of that for me!
Posted By: jthursby Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 04:33 PM
Cotton balls. I cant even take the cotton out of a pill bottle without using pliers. I don't know why.

Maggots. Many years ago somebody shot my moms cat in the azz and one day I'm looking at him and there are maggots crawling out of this hole in his side. I wretched the rest of that day.

Nothing else bothers me.

Jim T.
Posted By: RFcsvt Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 04:48 PM
Originally posted by jthursby:
Cotton balls. I cant even take the cotton out of a pill bottle without using pliers. I don't know why.

A good friend of mine has the exact same thing towards cotton balls, we used to grab handfulls of them and torment him with them.

Anyways, I know this has happened to more people than just me, and it always hits the gag reflex.
You're at a party drinkin a beer, and you reach down to grab the can on the table to take a drink, and you get a mouthful of Chew Spit, Cigarrette Butts, or a disgusting mix of both. It's just great, luckily at that point the alchohol softens the shock.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 04:50 PM
muslim extremists make me sick to my stomach because of the image they have protrayed of islam
Posted By: Frosty Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 04:53 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
The smell you smell when walking past a nail salon at the mall definitely makes me sick! I don't understand how people can work or sit in there!

I can't stand that smell either!!
Needles make my stomach churn
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 05:07 PM
Mayonnaise. The smell and the sight.
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 05:07 PM
canadians
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 05:11 PM
Originally posted by todras:

dude, I am so with you on that.
I've gotten better about making sandwiches with it, but I still refuse to eat it.
I used to have to make my brothers' lunches when I was a kid, and I would almost vomit every morning while slapping on the mayo, especially if some got on my hand. blech

My husband prefers miracle whip, which is easier for me to work with over mayo.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 06:53 PM
In all seriousness now, that smell when someone sneezes. I get nauseated like something fierce.
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 07:19 PM
When a bum begs for food money because they are "starving" and when you get them food they get pissed off. They only want money
Posted By: Tourige Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 07:28 PM
Originally posted by jthursby:

Maggots. Many years ago somebody shot my moms cat in the azz and one day I'm looking at him and there are maggots crawling out of this hole in his side. I wretched the rest of that day.

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 07:28 PM
I saw a bum last night in Boston with a shirt that said:
A-Rod drinks wine coolers.
I chuckled.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 07:49 PM
-Vanilla perfume/candles (any vanilla scent)
-Yankee candle type stores
-Breathing diesel fumes for a long time (ie being stuck behind a diesel truck on a 2-lane road)
-I can get car sick when driving (or riding) in really poor visibility (thick fog)
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 08:18 PM
I can't believe how many people are affraid of needles!

the smell of diesel, and the smell rotten foods.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 08:38 PM
Originally posted by stocksvtcontour:
When a bum begs for food money because they are "starving" and when you get them food they get pissed off. They only want money

That's when you eat that burger right in front of the "starving" bum, and then urinate on his cardboard mattress.

Mark
Posted By: Tourige Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

That's when you eat that burger right in front of the "starving" bum, and then urinate on his cardboard mattress.

Mark

dont forget flinging pennies.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: what makes you sick? - 08/17/06 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

dont forget flinging pennies.

or lighting hundred dollar bills on fire like you just dont care.
Posted By: GilNewball Re: what makes you sick? - 08/18/06 12:08 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

I've gotten better about making sandwiches with it, but I still refuse to eat it.
I used to have to make my brothers' lunches when I was a kid, and I would almost vomit every morning while slapping on the mayo, especially if some got on my hand. blech

I also hate mayo. But not that extremely. I just hate the taste. And the aftertaste has me shivering for hours. That crap is nasty. I prefer Miracle Whip any day.
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: what makes you sick? - 08/23/06 12:51 PM
i second the mayo. YUCK!!

STUPID DRIVERS MAKE ME SICK!!
what really makes me sick is when you're in a car accident, and some lady hits your drivers side door and fender and causes about $3300 in damage (possibly more). then you end up getting cited for it and getting points on your license.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/23/06 01:02 PM
Originally posted by GilNewball:

I also hate mayo. But not that extremely. I just hate the taste. And the aftertaste has me shivering for hours. That crap is nasty. I prefer Miracle Whip any day.

i only eat mayo in tuna casserole (sp?) stuff. other than that, YUCK!

~Andrew
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/23/06 01:31 PM
lies
you eat man-mayo frequently.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: what makes you sick? - 08/23/06 01:48 PM
lies

EEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/23/06 01:51 PM
lies

ah, c'est vrai .

~Andrew
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: what makes you sick? - 08/23/06 01:55 PM
I forgot to add that I hate eating with wooden spoons,like the one they have in the little icecream cups!
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: what makes you sick? - 08/23/06 02:10 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I forgot to add that I hate eating with wooden spoons,like the one they have in the little icecream cups!

HAHA..i know what you mean, i've gotten splinters from them before!!! Not a pretty thing!!!!!!
© CEG Archives