Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
i have a 88 dodge grand caravan i drove it home then tried starting it and it wont run. i added 10 bucks worth of gas still wont start. i cleaned the battery terminals still nothing. im not sure if it ran out of gas and i have to reset the fuel pump switch which i cant find. i checked all fuses there fine. i dont even hear the fuel pump goin when i turn the key which i hope it aint the fuel pump. i have the battery charging now. can anyone give me any ideas what to check. the engine a 3L. thanks
Start with the basics. Does the engine turnover? If no then check the battery and starter.

If it does, look into ignition/spark and finally fuel. The pump could very well be out. It's an 88'

You need fuel/spark/power to get it running.
it cranks thats all it does.
Posted By: coatsy Re: not a contour problem (88 grand caravan) - 08/16/06 12:44 AM
Thing should be in the boneyard anyway.
i asked for help not your stupid comments
hrm... it cranks but won't start? Maybe check the plugs? Reset the fuel pump using the autozone manual for the car if it exists. Can you start it at all by even jumping it or something like that?
i had a charger on it for 3hrs
Check battery terminal connections and wiring to starter. Then check fuel pressue. If fuel pressure checks out fine, and there is spark, then suspect a bad starter.

Click for Autozone info
the crank is normal it starts like it has no gas goin to the injector. i have a book on this and its not telling me where the fuel pump relay is. i wanna replace it. if thats not it my guess is the fuel pump.
update i replaced the fuel pump and the relay and still dont hear the fuel pump running.
Junk it and get a Windstar or such. I Hated working on Crapavans. If you replaced a pump and relay, something is wrong.

I know from working on a 3.0L POS Spirit/Acclaim, the PCM went bad, and prevented the engine from starting. Stupid chrysler.
© CEG Archives