Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: proliphik how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 01:41 AM
so i'm trying to shed 15lbs within say a months timeframe (trying to go into the military and they say i'm overweight) so i'm gonna start eating salads all day like i did before but any other help on how to do it faster would be helpful since i work in a cubefarm it's difficult to do activities during the day, i know i can walk up and down the stairs which i do already and sit ups and push ups at home, but any other information would be helpful
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 01:52 AM
Not in a healthy manner...
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 01:53 AM
look into the Cabbage Soup diet.
It's a lie that it was developed by Sacred Heart hospital for heart patients, but it still works really well at dropping the pounds fast. Works even better if you get some cardio in everyday while on the diet.

The first 3 days are the hardest because they're basically only fruit, veggies and soup, but it gets easier.
You can get somewhat sick of the soup. Seasoning to taste is very important. Go easy on the garlic as a seasoning because after a while you'll taste only garlic if you use too much.

I like to do this diet now and then mostly because I enjoy the soup.
Posted By: m4gician Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 01:53 AM
you could stick to a routine, cardio + muscle simultaneously will lead to quicker results. Eating healthy like salads is good, however you need to ensure your body gets the right amount of suppliments (because you're starving yourself if you don't eat adequately). Try using vitamin and protein supplements as well as eating the right amount of food (suggested intake for each food group). Avoid splurging, and over eating. Snack on fruits and veggies and do not use oil or anything fried. If you really want to lose weight quick, check the labels of all the stuff you're eating and eat only the recommended amount of fat and calories per day. Cardio is easy to do, follow that up with WILL POWER at the gym and you'll be good. Focus in on this and get lots of sleep. Vary your routine everyweek and you'll be fit in a month;.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 01:55 AM
High protien, low low low carbs, no saturated fat, no sugar, cardio like a mo-fo!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 01:55 AM
http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 01:55 AM
Atkins diet,

the leaner the meat you eat the faster you will lose weight.

15lbs in a month is very doable.

But it sounds like you are also very out of shape. You will need to increas your cardio in order to get through Basic. Ensure you can do 10 good push-ups before you start Basic and you will be OK. If not they will bounce you out of Basic and into a 4-week or longer fat-camp.

Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 02:32 AM
legal or illegal?
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 02:34 AM
South Beach Diet.

My mom lost 10lbs in like a month and she is in her 50's. They say it works better on men and isn't quite as restrictive as Atkins.

Better hit the gym though (as someone suggested).
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 02:48 AM
Crack.......

J/K. Like folks said above cardio. You should look on the internet for a boxing regimine and start training like a boxer does before a fight. Those guys drop MAD weight all the time. Wrestlers are the same way.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 02:50 AM
Lots of these fad diets are crap honestly. The best way I found is not that starve yourself stuff... you just gotta work with your body.

Eating like 6 meals a day spaced 3 hours apart (like 300 calories or so each) enabled me to lose 12lbs in a month... which is very impressive when I was 170lbs to start with and dropped to 158 @ 6foot tall, though I did also work out at a gym a good bit. Spacing meals like this ups your metabolism.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 02:51 AM
Originally posted by The Digital Slacker:
Lots of these fad diets are crap honestly. The best way I found is not that starve yourself stuff... you just gotta work with your body.

Eating like 6 meals a day spaced 3 hours apart (like 300 calories or so each) enabled me to lose 12lbs in a month... which is very impressive when I was 170lbs to start with and dropped to 158 @ 6foot tall, though I did also work out at a gym a good bit. Spacing meals like this ups your metabolism.

Dang, 158@6ft tall? What are you aiming for? That's stick territory right there.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:04 AM
Don't eat bad stuff. And don't drink bad drinks. Just water or occasional diet soda (I liked pepsi one when I was removing my chubbyness). And of course exercise. You can fit atleast one hour of exercise into your schedule every day. Now, I just eat 3 meals a day, rarely having a snack and I'm almost too skinny (140 @ 5'10").
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:07 AM
Do you drink pop?

I was 202 at spring zing (im 5 10). Shortly after, I gave up pop and lost 10 lbs in a month....

That plus exercise = 175 now.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:09 AM
Originally posted by The Digital Slacker:

South beach has you eating 5 times a day, IIRC. Any good diet (whether it is to lose weight or stay in shape or whatever) has you eating often. Just have to watch the portions.
Posted By: jlanger_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:16 AM
You could lose 15 pounds in 5 days if you'd like here's how
MIND YOU THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS
Tricks I learned wrestling, NCAA style!

1. Eat very little, I always went by the wieght of my food for the last few days of my weight loss regiment.

2. Watch your water intake. Ice cubes and popsicles are your friends.

3. Workout Workout Workout x3 When I was in wrestling trim I would work out in the morning for 60 minutes on a treadmill/bike/stair climber etc. Do a 2 hour practice, then jog up and down the dorm stairs (6 stories), in a sauna suit for about 30 minutes before going to bed.

4. Last day don't drink or eat anything, if you still need to lose some weight, get out the good old sauna suit, warm up the lockerroom sauana throw in a stationary bike and bike for about 30 minutes (or jog, do jumping jacks etc.) even sitting in the suana with all that crap on will lose somethin, You should lose about 3-5 pounds.

5. If you're really desperate, spit all the time, you'll lose a pound or two just doing that.

6. The last night, you will not be able to sleep, all you'll be thinking about is food an water, this is where ice cubes can come in handy, as you can suck on a few trays of cubes and you won't really gain much weight.

7. Do not combine this regime with creatine, ephidren or any other supplement/metabolizer, that really makes things dangerous as they tend to dehydrate your body even more then you're already doing so.

Now I can't say enough that looking back this was extremely stupid for me to do at that time. So take this all with extreme caution, one thing when I was wrestling I was in extremely good shape, if your not in good shape, this will be much more difficult as your metabolism won't be able to burn fat/water as easily as one who is.
Also one last thing, you will gain all this weight back very quickly if you cut your weight this way, you're mostly losing water weight. So it comes back fairly quickly.
Posted By: captainoblivious Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:20 AM
Get bronchitis and get over it, then get a relapse thats worse then first case. It does wonders for weight.

Seriously though, below is the best advice:
Originally posted by m4gician:
you could stick to a routine, cardio + muscle simultaneously will lead to quicker results. Eating healthy like salads is good, however you need to ensure your body gets the right amount of suppliments (because you're starving yourself if you don't eat adequately). Try using vitamin and protein supplements as well as eating the right amount of food (suggested intake for each food group). Avoid splurging, and over eating. Snack on fruits and veggies and do not use oil or anything fried.

I'd also add to the above, eat more times. If possible try to have 4 or 5 smaller meals a day rather then 3 larger ones, or the famous huge dinner at night with snacks throughout the day.

It's all in watching what you eat, moderation and being active.

You don't even need to join a gym. Do push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups (if you have something to grab onto) and lunges or squats with just your body weight a couple times a week, that will help out.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:24 AM
One word:

Dysentery.
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:27 AM

tapeworms baby! TAPEWORMS!

how bout cutting the weight in a sauna? See them do it all the time on the ultimate fighter show.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:32 AM
Half hour aerobic exercise everyday. Running or walking fast or bicycling. The best no-impact (to joints) exercise is swimming.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:36 AM
Do you have a girlfriend? Have her dump you. That usually makes you lose your appetite.

On a more serious note, if you drink any pop, cut it 100% out of your diet, and drink a lot of water. It will keep you full, but is just water weight, that you can drop with cardio. Run your ass off. When you think you're tired, KEEP GOING! If you are going to a salad diet, atleast make it a spinach diet, so you have SOME nutritional value.

Mark
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 12:09 PM
Well the fastest way is amputation but that is not what your looking for I think
If you weight too much the military will do a body fat percentage check. If you are in bad shape they will send you to fat camp and you will hate it. I would say the fastest way to lose the weight would to run. Start out a 2 miles a day and go up a mile every 5 days till you hit about 5 miles. That will also help you in basic training.
what branch are you going into?
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 12:15 PM
Originally posted by loggerbomb:

how bout cutting the weight in a sauna? See them do it all the time on the ultimate fighter show.

That is how you cut 15lbs. in a day. It is all water weight. As soon as you start drinking again, you gain it all back. Since weigh-ins are not on the same day as the fight, the fighters can cut it, weigh in, and gain it back before the fight.

As was already stated, diet, excersise, blah blah blah.
Or coke. My ex lost a ton of weight when she was on coke.
Posted By: TGO Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:07 PM
you just gotta do it to pass a physical??

you can always cut weight like a fighter before they weigh you. you should easily be able to shed 15lbs of water weight.

15lbs of fat in a month is alot...i kept a average loss of 12lbs a month for 6-8 months, technically i was starving myself.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:33 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

I did this a few times. Typically lost 15 to 17 pounds the first week & I think it's time to try it again. It was cool because just when you feel like your body needs 'something', it's on the menu for that day.

Dressing up the soup every few days is a good idea. Among my favorites:

1. Add medium Pace picante sauce (especially nice because of low sodium)
2. Soy sauce
3. Worcestershire and/or BBQ sauce
4. Lawrey's season salt
5. your favorite seasoning/enhancer here

Good call frenchie!
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:45 PM
Originally posted by jlanger:
You could lose 15 pounds in 5 days if you'd like here's how
MIND YOU THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS
Tricks I learned wrestling, NCAA style!

fighters almost always do nothing but lose water weight, that they gain back within a 30 minute period. and if you're losing weight but you can't sleep because you're so hungry, that's BAD NEWS. you don't want to start boot camp malnourished, and they want you to drop the weight for a reason, don't cheat the system.

I'd say the "eat small, eat often" works well. eat as soon as you wake up, but not for 2-3 hours before sleeping. go for a run (1-2 miles, pace depends on your fitness level, but PUSH yourself, really push) a couple times a day, like 2, 3 if you can handle it. situps wont do squat because they're a muscle building exercise and in 30 days you wont build enough muscle to burn fat by doing situps.

on that note, pushups, pullups, squats, any kind of weight lifting would be a great addition to the cardio/diet changes. one pound of muscle takes 30x more calories to maintain than one pound of fat, so if you start building muscle it kind of snowballs.

what branch are you trying to join?
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:57 PM
Purge
Posted By: Tourige Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:57 PM
Originally posted by proliphik:
so i'm trying to shed 15lbs within say a months timeframe (trying to go into the military and they say i'm overweight) so i'm gonna start eating salads all day like i did before but any other help on how to do it faster would be helpful since i work in a cubefarm it's difficult to do activities during the day, i know i can walk up and down the stairs which i do already and sit ups and push ups at home, but any other information would be helpful

Here's an idea PUT DOWN THE FORK!!

-name what show thats from
Posted By: Spyderman Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Atkins diet,

But it sounds like you are also very out of shape. You will need to increas your cardio in order to get through Basic. Ensure you can do 10 good push-ups before you start Basic and you will be OK. If not they will bounce you out of Basic and into a 4-week or longer fat-camp.

Everyone is different. I started my own Atkins type diet at 235 lbs. I ate 3 double cheeseburgers without the buns every day at mcdonalds. In 3months I was 178 lbs. ZERO EXCERCISE. I suprised a lot of people. A lot of fatass haters too. "its unhealthy" blah blah. Its a lot more unhealthier to be a fatass
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

It's a Dennis Leary quote.
Posted By: Phil Rohtla_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:24 PM

I think he's quoting the Family Guy episode where Brian gets all cokey.
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Spyderman:
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Atkins diet,

Everyone is different. I started my own Atkins type diet at 235 lbs. I ate 3 double cheeseburgers without the buns every day at mcdonalds. In 3months I was 178 lbs. ZERO EXCERCISE. I suprised a lot of people. A lot of fatass haters too. "its unhealthy" blah blah. Its a lot more unhealthier to be a fatass

I bet your heart was loving you Yuck
I would rather be a fat person who ate healthy then a skinny person who ate trash like that constantly.
Posted By: European Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:36 PM
Buy alot on canned tomatoes, eat them all the time, and drink a [censored] load of water a day. DOne.
Posted By: Tourige Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:

yea

"wow brian you look like you've lost weight, whats your secret?"
"here's an idea, PUT DOWN THE FORK... face"

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:

Most likely. I can remember Chris Rock saying it as well.
Posted By: captainoblivious Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 06:20 PM
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
situps wont do squat because they're a muscle building exercise and in 30 days you wont build enough muscle to burn fat by doing situps.

Partially disagree there. While they may not be a good fat burning exercise (etc.) they are still good to do as it's good to have stronger stomach muscles. If your already going to do push-ups, pull-ups, squats, etc. whats an few minutes to do 2 or 3 sets of setups?

The problem is, most people think situps and crunches will net them a flat muscular stomach. They have no clue of the diet involved.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 07:13 PM
Originally posted by captainoblivious:
The problem is, most people think situps and crunches will net them a flat muscular stomach. They have no clue of the diet involved.

So you're saying it was a useless gesture for me to order His/Hers Ab Loungers ?? OMG!! What have I done????!!
Posted By: proliphik Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 10:28 PM
so im not fat by any means, 5 9 and 195, i look good i guess, but i don't look fat, and me at 180 i look deathly skinny. but whatever i'm not the military, but i'm looking to go into the airforce and i was just trying to find ways to make it a little easier on me then what i did alst time bc i did get down to 182 then got a better job and now am thinking i still want to go in.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/15/06 10:39 PM
so i'm trying to shed 15lbs within say a months timeframe (trying to go into the military and they say i'm overweight)

What branch are you looking at? you might make weigh in at the MEPS station....but when you hit boot camp you better still be under your weight or you will be in for a big suprise......
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Judge:
so i'm trying to shed 15lbs within say a months timeframe (trying to go into the military and they say i'm overweight)

What branch are you looking at? you might make weigh in at the MEPS station....but when you hit boot camp you better still be under your weight or you will be in for a big surprise ......

fixed
Posted By: mysticalillusion Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 04:59 AM
As many people have said cut any and all soda out of your diet. This with any cardio workout will give you the results you need without major dieting. When it comes to cardio workout your heart rate is the biggest factor in weight lose and endurance. The longer you can keep your heart rate high the better. I probably missed it if you said your weight and age but this will determine really what you need to keep your heart rate at. Three years ago i gave up soda and started running about 4 miles just about everyday. In that four mile run in the begining my heart rate would soar upwards 200 and damn did i drop the weight and fast. Now after a 8 mile run my heart rate runs about 160 on average. I would recommend that you try keeping your heart rate at about 180 for about 20 minutes and if you are out of shape in anyway a 5k run at about 5 mph pace would most definately do it for you. Besides it would help you get ready for your P.T. test. But understand as you develop more strength and endurace you will have to quicken your pace to keep your heart rate high.

Long story short get your heart rate high as fast as you can and keep it there as long as you can. The rest will take care of itself.

On another note soda is one of the most harmfull things anybody can put in there body. When i tell someone i haven't had soda in 3 yrs they can't believe it but go buy a fountain drink from bk or mcdonalds or something let it set out without drinking it on your counter at home within 24 hrs it would have almsot eatin through your cup. You can put bleach in the same type of cup and it takes twice as long to eat through.

steppin off soap box and going to bed

joel
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 03:19 PM
soda is acidic, big deal. so is tomato juice. milk is basic. the biggest reason soda is bad is because it has so much sugar, just cause it can "eat through a cup in 2-3 days" doesn't mean squat. it'll be in your stomach for a matter of hours, IF that, and your stomach isn't a cheap mcD's cup.

soda's bad for you, but there's stuff people eat on a daily basis that's 100x worse
Posted By: mysticalillusion Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 04:47 PM
Ok name some for me please! There is almost absolutly nothing in soda that is healthy to consume in the amount most do. So please give me something else that has more calories per serving, total fat per serving total carb per serving, and total cholest per serving. When you do post something we will also look at the amount someone eats on a daily basis of it, on average.

And for me, if something can eat through a cup regardless of how cheap it may be i will not put it in my body.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 04:50 PM
How does your theory apply to deot soda's?

Not much of anything is absorbed by your body with those.
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 05:08 PM
Originally posted by mysticalillusion:
And for me, if something can eat through a cup regardless of how cheap it may be i will not put it in my body.

You do of course realize that it has nothing to do with the acid or any other ingredient, and that it's wax breaking down in liquid combined with a VERY THIN paper cup that causes it to be "eaten through," right?

I've sat wax fast food cups full of WATER out overnight and had the same thing happen.

It doesn't change the fact that soda isn't good for you, but your example is flawed.

Back OT, I lost about 10lbs in a week and a half on South Beach. and have kept most of it off since. I dropped to 185 last fall and am still there now.
Posted By: mysticalillusion Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 05:14 PM
If you can't let completely go of soda that is the best route to go. And honestly give up soda for a couple months and then go to diet soda and the transition will not be hard at all. The diet soda tastes pretty good after you haven't had regular soda for a while. But after drinkin diet for awhile i went back to no soda and i felt 100 times better after i gave it up as well.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 07:52 PM
And honestly give up soda for a couple months and then go to diet soda and the transition will not be hard at all. The diet soda tastes pretty good after you haven't had regular soda for a while.

So true. I did that and I am addicted to Diet Coke now. Before I couldn't drink a sip of it!
Posted By: mysticalillusion Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 08:50 PM
i didn't use water in my experiment i will redo it tonight. i measured the time it took for bleach, coke, and gas to eat through the cup at about 70 degrees room temperature. It would have been good to use something nuetral. I will also use milk this time so i have a base in the equation as well. But i would bet that the gas goes first then coke then bleach which is what i got before. Then i wouldn't be able to guess which will win between water or milk. but it may be just the cheaper paper wax cup breakin down but the certain products you put in it will make it break down faster.

Posted By: mysticalillusion Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/16/06 08:52 PM
Yeah i couldn't believe diet soda could actually taste good till after i gave regular soda up for awhile. Diet dr pepper actually tastes alot like regular after you do this, lol.
Posted By: cjbaldw_dup1 Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 12:57 AM

For the 1st two weeks, do what everyone's saying here, eat like a rabbit basically (mostly veggies - fruits are high in fructose which is sugar basically - and can actually prevent short term weightloss), take supplements (just in case), and exercise profusely, lots of fat burn cardio exercise. Stay away from weight training as building muscle will offset the short term weightloss.

The last two weeks, pick a cleanse program that you can live with, most of them have really restrictive dietary programs that you have to stick to, so that will eliminate having to figure out what to eat (the program will tell you what to eat when most likely) like the lemonade diet for instance. Any cleanse program will promote water weight loss for your last two weeks, and over that two week period you will literally find out that you are full of crap, trust me. After weigh-in you'll add weight back, typically half of what you lost during the cleanse program, but hey, you made the cut and didn't have to go through a military weight loss program, which really sucks from what I hear...and is much more brutal than any of the cleansing programs.
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 02:51 AM
I will also use milk this time so i have a base in the equation as well.

bleach is basic, and much more basic than milk. and I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do a research paper on CEG to convince you that soda was not created by satan to cause cancer.

what about coffee? what about the grade "D" meat that taco bell uses? soda is sugary, that's really the worst part for you, and the caffeine isn't the best either. I'm glad you don't drink soda, I try to avoid it sometimes, but it isn't poison that's going to kill you slowly.
Posted By: mysticalillusion Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 05:41 AM
I did not claim it was. I simply said if the average person gives up soda even without excercise will drop some weight. With a small cardio workout 4 times a week the weight will fall off pretty damn quick. And i do agree sugar has to be the worse ingrediant in soda.

The main choices out there on dieting would be what?

carb diet, you lose the weight but comes back soon as you stop.

protein diet, personally haven't tried it but if you have the time to spend in the gym probably would work great.

starving yourself, i like to eat so this really isn't the answer for me or anyone else for that matter since your body needs the nutrients to survive.

rabit food, once again this diet doesn't give your body all the nutrients it needs.

Or look at this way i would say that some people easily take in their daily percentage of calories in soda alone not to mention the 2-3 meals they are going to eat. Best way to lose weight fast and keep it off. Cut out the simply things soda, candy, coffee, and foods that have alot of saturated fat. Eat small portions every 2-3 hours this will keep your body thinkin it is hungry so it will continue to burn stored fat. and 3-4 times a week spend at least 30 minutes doin some kind of cardio workout.
Posted By: HondaKL Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 12:53 PM

To answer the original post, as someone who has to both lose and gain weight for both pro wrestling and acting roles...

Easiest way to lose weight is to eat less, but not nothing, and maintain a high metabolism.

Try drinking your coffee in the morning and go walking once or twice a day. Keep your water intake high and do not eat any big meals after 6pm. Instead of eating 3 normal sized meals a day, try eating 5 small meals throughout the day. Here's how I do it...

7:30a : Yogurt
10:00a : Cheese/Crackers Pack
12:30 : Sandwich
2:00 : Granola Bar
5:00 : Whatever the girlfriend makes
8:00 : Something small

Drink a coffee in the morning, nothing but lowfat milk or water for the rest of the day. Stick to high protein, low fat foods. Do not concern yourself with watching carbs, just eat them in moderation like anything else.

Any other questions just ask!

The reason I need to look someone ok...
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 12:58 PM
I assume you drink black coffee, not one loaded with cream and sugar.

By the way, welcome!
Posted By: HondaKL Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 01:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I personally use sweet & low and skim milk. I figure if anything else it helps my metabolism stay decent. I don't deprive myself of any flavor, I just do it in moderation.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 01:43 PM
protein diet, personally haven't tried it but if you have the time to spend in the gym probably would work great.

It does. I went from 270 to 205 on a protien diet. I was working out 6 days a week, mainly because I had no life. There is simply NO diet out there I will try if it takes beef away from me.
Posted By: HondaKL Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 01:45 PM
The concept is if you're eating enough protein, than your body will burn fat instead of muscle, and you'll look better quicker. If you don't eat enough protein, than you're working out could make your muscles smaller!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 01:48 PM
Whey protien FTW!
Posted By: HondaKL Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/17/06 01:49 PM
Word. I have a large canister of it on my desk at work.
Posted By: Swazo Re: how to lose weight quick? - 08/18/06 05:41 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

I did this a few times. Typically lost 15 to 17 pounds the first week & I think it's time to try it again. It was cool because just when you feel like your body needs 'something', it's on the menu for that day.

1. Add medium Pace picante sauce (especially nice because of low sodium)
2. Soy sauce
3. Worcestershire and/or BBQ sauce
4. Lawrey's season salt
5. your favorite seasoning/enhancer here

Good call frenchie!

WTF!? I thought I'd try this to lean up over a week. 3rd day into it, I thought I was really going to like this as everything was going very well and I like the food I was eating. Well I just got kicked out of bed for fueling the sheet flapper with cabbage gas

[monotone voice] Thanks cabbage soup. [/monotone voice]
© CEG Archives