Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kokopellian FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 04:33 PM
I just purchased an MS6 and I've got an unlimited Carfax account for the next 30 days. So, who wants some?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 05:16 PM
What prompted that? If you have any questions Tourige's dad has one. Needs pics ASAP! I think you will enjoy Mazda service. My g/f has received zoom-zoom stickers and a bottle of touch up paint in the mail already. This is on top of good informative mail from them. Hope you boned up on info on Mazda Club as well.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 05:57 PM
Originally posted by todras:
What prompted that? If you have any questions Tourige's dad has one. Needs pics ASAP! I think you will enjoy Mazda service. My g/f has received zoom-zoom stickers and a bottle of touch up paint in the mail already. This is on top of good informative mail from them. Hope you boned up on info on Mazda Club as well.

Well, several things prompted it. One, I owned (note the past tense there) an MSP until about 3 weeks ago. Yep, totaled it. Navigator vs. MSP, the Navigator won. I didn't post up about it though or take pictures. Freakin' second limited edition car that's been totaled with me in it this year! Remember the FSVT? The MSP accident was my fault though, the FSVT wasn't. Guh! First time for everything I guess. I swear, I'm counting my blessings. Two totals cars and not a scratch on me. Anyway, I've been in love with the MS6 for a while but I wanted them to come down on the price because I had "Sticker Gloucoma." Just couldn't see myself paying darn near $30k or more for it. So, I've been in talks for a while with a dealership. Turns out they had one that was traded in for a CX7. It has about 4k miles on it. Mint condition, comes with tint. It's the Sport model in Titanium. It's the one I wanted since it's the lightest offering, plus my MSP was titanium colored so the spirit lives on. Anyway, I drove it yesterday. I was VERY impressed! I read great things about it, and some shortcomings, but the cons weren't anywhere near enough to disuade me. I'll get pix up tomorrow or so.

I love Mazda's service. I've never had a problem with them and the products are good so I'm happy to be back with them. I'm glad they offered something I liked. I think I might pony up for the Mazda Club. I'm already eyeing a MS fenderwell intake for it. Supposedly it's a GREAT mod for gains.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 06:18 PM
I was wondering when the MSP total was. Didn't see anything. Man that just sux hardcore. Post up pics ASAP. Hope you got it for low 20's or gasp even less.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 07:41 PM
I was wondering when the MSP total was. Didn't see anything. Man that just sux hardcore. Post up pics ASAP. Hope you got it for low 20's or gasp even less.

I think I pretty much stole it. I scored it for $21,860 OTD including new tint being installed today! I couldn't pass that up. Helluvalot of car for that kinda coin! I'm pretty sure that they lost out on the deal. The salesman was certain that I was going to use their financing (secured my own) and buy an extended warranty (um, no). He was so disappointed when I told him that I wouldn't need either. His manager was even more perturbed. LOL. Whateva.

Yep. The MSP total happend 3 Fridays ago. I was litteraly 3 mins walking distance from my house too. You know what they say, most accidents happen less than 5 miles from home. I kinda zoned out and ended up becoming a statistic. The lady in the Navigator that hit me was speeding at least 10-15 over the posted 40 limit. Still my fault because I turned left in front of her. Totally didn't see her either as she was hidden behind a Yukon. Imagine my surprise when I made the turn and looked to my right. I was like WTF!!! I hammered it so that I wouldn't get t-boned and I ended up getting slammed on the right rear 1/4 panel and passenger door.

The damage assessment was: The MSP was thrown 180 degrees airborn (didn't flip over) across two lanes and landed on the median strip in my neighborhood. The unibody was completely bent and smashed in the rear. The right rear passenger door wouldn't open and completely misaligned by 4 inches or so. The wing shattered into pieces and trunk lid broke off and flew about 50 ft. away. The rear right tire/rim broke off the hub and the axle either broke away from the mounts or was bent I'm not sure. The trunk floor pan had a hole in it and the steel spare tire blew out and broke off the floor mount in the trunk. The steel rim on the spare was bent a little bit if you can believe that. All in all, it was FUBAR! I didn't even take pictures. I kept the shift knob for a keepsake, but that's it. I don't want reminders of it all. Thank God my son and wife weren't in the car. They would have been on the side that was struck by the truck. Gives me chills just thinking about it. I'm amazed that I walked away without a single scratch. I was just shaken.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 07:59 PM
Geebus! Talk about ripped to shreads! Car flew apart around you! Yea you got a great deal. My g/f paid almost exactly that for her left over '05 this past April. It was still brand new so like 150 miles on it. But 4k, that's still nothing. I got a $250 gas card thrown in and a lip spoiler too. U can sleep well.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 08:14 PM
Geebus! Talk about ripped to shreads! Car flew apart around you! Yea you got a great deal. My g/f paid almost exactly that for her left over '05 this past April. It was still brand new so like 150 miles on it. But 4k, that's still nothing. I got a $250 gas card thrown in and a lip spoiler too. U can sleep well.

Yeah, it did for real. When I got out I was like &%$#@! Just like in those VW commercials airing now. Thanks, I think the deal is great as well. We'll see how depreciation goes though. Yeah, I don't think 4k is anything. At least it's broken in for me and I can just roll on it now. Not that I would do that. This thing is fast enough to get out of the way of oncoming Navigators though. But I don't plan on turning left into anyone for another 14 years at least. Nice throw in's on your gf's car. Gotta love it when you get the dealers to pony up!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
Gotta love it when you get the dealers to pony up!

I think the g/f was starting to get pissed at me too talking them down and throwing everything in. I'm like look I'm trying to help you. Hey I have to drive and be seen in this car too.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/10/06 08:29 PM
Gotta love it when you get the dealers to pony up!

I think the g/f was starting to get pissed at me too talking them down and throwing everything in. I'm like look I'm trying to help you. Hey I have to drive and be seen in this car too.

LOL, yeah women are weird like that. Good deal on the going for self. What was she thinking that the car was just for her?
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/13/06 03:24 PM
I just purchased an MS6 and I've got an unlimited Carfax account for the next 30 days. So, who wants some?

Anymore takers? I've only pulled only 10 so far.
Posted By: m4gician Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/13/06 03:57 PM
Ya i'd like one please; Canadian car --> VIN is...

1MELM66L5WK614561
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/13/06 09:57 PM
Originally posted by m4gician:
Ya i'd like one please; Canadian car --> VIN is...

1MELM66L5WK614561

I PM'd you in case he didn't get ya!

This is my 26th report, I have until the 26th to run some more!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/14/06 10:32 PM
Bump?
Posted By: pre98zetec Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/16/06 07:56 PM
Could you do one on the Contour I just bought?

1FALP6534TK168897

and my other one

1FALP6532TK122078

Thank you.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/16/06 08:36 PM
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
Could you do one on the Contour I just bought?

1FALP6534TK168897

and my other one

1FALP6532TK122078

Thank you.

You're welcome. Check your PM's.
Posted By: m4gician Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/17/06 08:51 PM
got one more for you.

2G1WB58N96913612

please thank you
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/17/06 09:40 PM
Thanks again!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/18/06 03:59 AM
got one more for you.

2G1WB58N96913612

please thank you

Needs more digits.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/18/06 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Loco4G63:
Thanks again!

No problem
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/18/06 08:06 AM
JT2MA67LXD0051098 thanks man
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/18/06 01:25 PM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
JT2MA67LXD0051098 thanks man

Done, and you're welcome.
Posted By: m4gician Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/18/06 03:06 PM
Hey hey I actually have a SECOND car you can pull a car fax for... it's not my mystique...

2G1WB58N96913612

It's a GM car, if the car fax comes back good, I'm going to buy it
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/18/06 03:26 PM
Hey hey I actually have a SECOND car you can pull a car fax for... it's not my mystique...

2G1WB58N96913612

It's a GM car, if the car fax comes back good, I'm going to buy it

Hmmmmm, don't trust it. There's only 16 digits, needs more VIN.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/21/06 02:51 AM
PM sent, I think I found my baby.....

I was also looking for the vin # for my old Zetec and 3L just outta curiosity, but no luck....
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/24/06 05:01 AM
I'd love you forever if you could pull this one for me, I'm sure you'll find it somewhat, "familiar"

1YVHP80DX45N43651
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/24/06 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BK4293:
PM sent, I think I found my baby.....

I was also looking for the vin # for my old Zetec and 3L just outta curiosity, but no luck....

Done

Originally posted by platinum_drew:
I'd love you forever if you could pull this one for me, I'm sure you'll find it somewhat, "familiar"

1YVHP80DX45N43651

And done.
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/25/06 01:59 AM
Can you run this for a friend of mine?

WBSCK9342YLC91925
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/25/06 02:17 AM
Originally posted by moxnix:

WBSCK9342YLC91925

You've got PM.
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/25/06 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

WBSCK9342YLC91925

You've got PM.

No I don't. Maybe it is taking a while to filter thru the system?
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/25/06 02:36 AM

WBSCK9342YLC91925

You've got PM.

No I don't. Maybe it is taking a while to filter thru the system?

Nah, that's' cuz I didn't send it. Got sidetracked. It's there now.
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/25/06 06:24 AM
1B4FK4039JX308814 can you run this please i appreciate it
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 08/25/06 02:05 PM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
1B4FK4039JX308814 can you run this please i appreciate it

Done, you have PM.
Posted By: Kokopellian FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN....7 days left! - 09/04/06 03:55 AM
TTT, only 7 days left.
Posted By: GS474 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN....7 days left! - 09/04/06 02:43 PM
later on today i will have my vin il pm you
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN....7 days left! - 09/04/06 03:01 PM
I'll PM you mine in a little while.
Posted By: Pigeon Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN....7 days left! - 09/04/06 03:46 PM
It's been a few years since I had a Mazda but have you thought about joining the Mazdaspeed Motorsports program? Auto-x the car 3 times I think and you get massive discounts on parts.

linky

No Carfax needed here - I'll still be driving my BMW for a few years.

Scott
Originally posted by Pigeon:
It's been a few years since I had a Mazda but have you thought about joining the Mazdaspeed Motorsports program? Auto-x the car 3 times I think and you get massive discounts on parts.

linky

Scott

Thanks Pigeon, looks interesting.

For those of you that PM'd VIN's, I've run yours and sent the reports to you.
Just like to give a public shout out to Kokopellian for him running a carfax history for me. Thanks!
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN....7 days left! - 09/04/06 04:10 PM
Yeah man, thanks for doing that for me, atleast I know it wasn't wrecked.
Posted By: GS474 Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN....7 days left! - 09/05/06 01:39 AM
pm sent
Originally posted by Pigeon:

linky

Scott

Thanks Pigeon, looks interesting.

For those of you that PM'd VIN's, I've run yours and sent the reports to you.

Only need 2 results a year. Also if you can do well nationally you can win contingency money from them. So far this year they have paid me $300 for racing a mazda.

Also get S-Plan on mazdas by being a member.
Posted By: BOFH Re: FREE CARFAX TIME AGAIN.... - 09/05/06 04:18 PM
1FAFP68G4WK261404

Check out the AD. Looks shady

Strange Looking SVT Contour

Thanks in advance.
© CEG Archives