Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/08/06 09:06 PM
She's willing to speak Truth to Power.

Oh, and bye bye Joe.
Posted By: EternalOne Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/08/06 10:10 PM
You have got to be kidding...

That woman is a waste of our tax dollars.

E1
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/08/06 11:50 PM
What y'all know about Cynthia McKinney?
Posted By: TGO Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/08/06 11:51 PM
i have no idea what any of you are talking about.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/08/06 11:56 PM
She messes with cops trying to provide security to her and other politicians and she uses taxpayer money to fly Isaac Hayes to Atlanta. What's to like about her?

And what did she do now?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/08/06 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
And what did she do now?

Barely an hour into the primary election & she was charging election fraud & voting irregularities.

She'll be losing her congressional seat, I hope.
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 12:01 AM
Just like Lieberman, she's in a run-off primary election (in GA) tonight as we speak - fighting for her political survival.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 12:01 AM
I think she is funny. She makes me laugh!
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 12:04 AM
Originally posted by JustinCSVT:
What y'all know about Cynthia McKinney?

A. She's willing to speak truth to power

B. She thinks she has the right to hit cops because she's black and she's a woman.

C. She didn't see fit to join in the debates with the other 2 candidates during the primary.

Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 12:38 AM
She's just lashing out for sucking off Bill Clinton and getting nothing out of it.

Stupid whore.
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 12:40 AM
Originally posted by SalKhan:
She's just lashing out for sucking off Bill Clinton and getting nothing out of it.

Wow, I must have missed that.
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 03:14 AM
Update for anyone who cares.

McKinney got trounced.

Lieberman got bounced.

Good news all the way around.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 03:27 AM
Not that I'm for or against anyone really, but obviously mckinney wasn't worth a crap, and lieberman didn't seem like a leader. So I guess I'm sorta glad about the results.

Now what I'd like to see is some independents that aren't centered around one issue making their way up, you know, like someone that really wants what is best for everyone,,, yeah I know I'm dreaming.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 03:29 AM
Lieberman said he'd still run in November as in independent if he lost the primary. Should stink up the election for the Democrats nicely...
Posted By: 99blacksesport_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 05:04 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Lieberman said he'd still run in November as in independent if he lost the primary. Should stink up the election for the Democrats nicely...

Good. He was the last decent democrat that party has to offer. Now they really are the party of Kerry, Clinton, Kennedy, and Sheehan. It's pretty pathetic that the party really has nothing to offer but the fact that they hate Bush. The only reason he lost is because of the ultra liberals I listed above came out and attack him on his support for the Iraq war/cleanup. A sad day for democrats.

EDIT: Thank God that stupid b|tch McKinney is gone too. Any politician that uses that nutcase Sheehan as a vocal supporter deserves to lose any political power they might have. No doubt she will call the election process racist and try to get her loss overturned.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
It's pretty pathetic that the party really has nothing to offer but the fact that they hate Bush.

As if there is a higher purpose?
Posted By: Corbett_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 12:47 PM
I for one am glad to see McKinney gone.

As far as Lieberman, well, I'm glad that we finally have hard proof that the democratic party has been hijacked by the anti-war anti-bush liberals who are willing to eat their own if you dont fall in line with the drum beat. Nice.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Corbett:
I for one am glad to see McKinney gone.

As far as Lieberman, well, I'm glad that we finally have hard proof that the democratic party has been hijacked by the anti-war anti-bush liberals who are willing to eat their own if you dont fall in line with the drum beat. Nice.

What he said.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 02:40 PM
one of the local morning shows interviewed Shehan at Mckinney's "victory party" during the primarys, which of course she didn't win and then lost in the runoff.

Anyway, it went something like this:
radio guy: So what brings you down here
Shehan: Cynthia called and asked if i could be down here for support so I came
rg: Who do you want to win the war in Iraq
S: What?
rg: Who do you want to win the war
S: I don't think anyone can win...
rg: Do you want the US to win
S: (silence)

Then someone came and pulled her away
Posted By: BP_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 04:52 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:

rg: Who do you want to win the war in Iraq
S: What?
rg: Who do you want to win the war
S: I don't think anyone can win...
rg: Do you want the US to win
S: (silence)

Then someone came and pulled her away

lol. of course the correct answer is that we want iraq to win.

good to see cm out though. i wouldn't necessarily agree (or know) that she's a whore or a [censored] (although she does come off as mental) and i don't live in her district, but i'm glad she's out. she's been too divisive and distracting to provide the representation we need.

also lol at LIEberman being mad about losing. he's a conservative running as a democrat, what did he expect?
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 05:07 PM
Originally posted by BP:

also lol at LIEberman being mad about losing. he's a conservative running as a democrat, what did he expect?

There's a difference between being a conservative and being a spineless chinless buttlicker.

Well, at least there's a difference in the case of Lieberman.

Posted By: 99blacksesport_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 05:10 PM
Originally posted by BP:

Thats funny because his voting record shows him voting with Democrats 90% of the time.
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 05:17 PM
Maybe it depends on how you define "conservative"

Siding with the Religious Fundamentalist Ayatollahs and pushing for emergency Federal Legislation to allow Federal Courts to become involved in a deeply personal family matter and to overturn state family court rulings seems to be about the most un-conservative action imaginable.
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 05:32 PM

Thats funny because his voting record shows him voting with Democrats 90% of the time.

Consider this from Salon.com:

========================================================
Covering Lieberman is a good way to understand how misleading a voting record can be. (Are you listening, Courant editorial board?) Most members of Congress vote with their parties the preponderance of the time. There are other questions to ask. Did he vote differently on a much-more-important earlier amendment or cloture motion? Did he wait until it was clear his vote wouldn't hurt the other side? Are his public pronouncements strangely different from his votes?

Consider Lieberman's behavior during the confirmation of Clarence Thomas 15 years ago, well documented in this article from the political newsletter Counterpunch. Lieberman spoke avidly on behalf of Thomas and disdainfully about Democratic colleagues whose opposition was, he thought, too political. He was pretty much the last senator to commit to a nay vote, and only when his vote didn't matter.
=========================================================
Posted By: EternalOne Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 05:49 PM
Quote:

he's a conservative running as a democrat

Do you now view anyone who supports the Iraq war as a conservative? Because that's pretty much the primary issue here, and also why he lost. All of the other dem's who formerly supported him dropped their support for the more-leftist opponent, mainly because of his support of the war in Iraq.

E1
Posted By: BP_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 07:09 PM
lieberman hurt himself in a couple of ways. petitioning to run as an independent at the same time he's running in the dem primary and choosing to break ranks with his party (not to mention the majority of americans/voters) on the debacle in iraq. they wanted to send a message that the decision for war was bad and the situation has been made even worse by handling of the bad decision. i'm sure the sloppy kiss he exchanged with bush after 2005 sotu didn't help. lol.
Posted By: 99blacksesport_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/09/06 11:10 PM
Originally posted by BP:
lieberman hurt himself in a couple of ways. petitioning to run as an independent at the same time he's running in the dem primary and choosing to break ranks with his party (not to mention the majority of americans/voters) on the debacle in iraq. they wanted to send a message that the decision for war was bad and the situation has been made even worse by handling of the bad decision. i'm sure the sloppy kiss he exchanged with bush after 2005 sotu didn't help. lol.

Only reason he came out and said he would run as an independant is because in the last polls before the primary he was down double digits in the polls.

I don't understand how you think he broke rank with the majority of Americans. Our country is pretty much 50/50 Rep. to Dem. and there sure as hell is no debacle going on over there.

The only message that was trying to be sent, and has been sucessfully sent, is that there is no room in the Democratic party for people who do not go anlong with the ultra liberals and hate Bush for no reason what-so-ever.
Posted By: BP_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/10/06 12:41 AM

I don't understand how you think he broke rank with the majority of Americans.

because the majority of american voters (rep and dem) think the war in iraq is going very bad and disapprove of the way the president has handled the war and the aftermath. what rock have you been under?
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/10/06 12:50 AM
I think it's time for some new partys...

Out with the old, in with the new!
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/10/06 12:52 AM
Not to mention his inexplicable support for Bush in Federalizing the Schiavo case.

Understandable for Republicans to support the leader of their party in whatever morally detestable endeavor he chooses to embark upon.

Inexcusable for a Democrat.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/10/06 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Vote Libertarian!
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/10/06 04:12 AM
We agree on something!
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/10/06 11:56 AM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

Vote Libertarian!

Bring back the Whigs and the Torries!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: I like Cynthia MCkinney - 08/10/06 12:54 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

Vote Libertarian!

Bring back the Whigs and the Torries!

I still like the bull moose party.
© CEG Archives