Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TexasRealtor Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:32 AM
I was checking into see it tomorrow and saw that the run time is 146 minute. Daaaammmnn that's a long Movie!!
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:53 AM
You mane Bad Boyz 3?

I will see it tomorrow or Saturday. It looks good and as long as there is a lot action, I'll be happy!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Eric L:
You mane Bad Boyz 3?

I will see it tomorrow or Saturday. It looks good and as long as there is a lot action, I'll be happy!

Seeing as how it is done by the same person that did "Heat" I don't see it as being alot of action but I bet the storyline is killer.

Aaron
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Eric L:
You mane Bad Boyz 3?

Ive been calling it that too.
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 03:05 AM
Superman Returns and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest are ~2.5 hours each, too.

I *love* long movies in the theater, esp. when I'm putting down so much to see them.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 12:31 PM
I like the song they play on the ad (nonpoint - in the air tonight)
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 12:47 PM
Originally posted by BatteryLight:
I like the song they play on the ad (nonpoint - in the air tonight)

they also use one of the jay z/linkin park collabs.

~Andrew
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 01:03 PM
I never saw the show growing up, but when I heard the guys that did Heat were in on it, that piqued my interest quite a bit.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 01:16 PM
I'm I the only one that thinks this shouldn't have been named miami vice.. i mean miami vice is pastel leisure suits, short mens shorts, girls with the awesome 80s hair, and flock o seagulls pumpin in the soundtrack.

From the reviews i will probably like this movie but i feel they couldve just made this movie.. gave it a different name and left well enough alone. I would've been happy with Miami Cop Buddy Movie .. lol

also, am i the only person who doesnt like jamie foxx? I think he ruined the movie collateral. He was decent in jarhead but i think jake ghaghagnadale stole the show.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 01:38 PM
I hate Jamie Foxx just as much as I hate the Wayans brothers.
He's probably the only reason I won't go see this movie.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 01:42 PM
There is too many movies on my list that I want to see. Been seeing one about every 2 weeks lately but can't keep up. I want to see this for sure.

I think Jamie Foxx is an awesome actor. He can be funny as hell, or dead serious if needed. I mean look what he did with Ray. That movie was awesome work right there.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 01:52 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
There is too many movies on my list that I want to see. Been seeing one about every 2 weeks lately but can't keep up. I want to see this for sure.

I hear ya! There's Miami Vice, Talledega Nights, Monster House (looks like those ol' Goosebump books, in movie form, so I'll let my inner kid see it!), and Lady in the Water (I like M Night's alternative take on filmmaking and storytelling, so I don't need to hear all that, "but his movies arent chock full of action, horror, and comedy!" crap).

Anywho, hopefully I get a chance to see Miami Vice this weekend. I wasn't expecting much out of it, but I didn't know the director of Heat did this one. Could be veerry interesting. Could also suck, but we'll see.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:05 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

i hate the wayans bros, but i liked jamie foxx in all of his movies so far.

~Andrew
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:41 PM

alright!
i just think he comes off as an argogant pr1ck or something, i just dont like him.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:

alright!
i just think he comes off as an argogant pr1ck or something, i just dont like him.

It's that permanent sneer he always has. Annoys me to no end.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:48 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

I think Jamie Foxx is an awesome actor. He can be funny as hell, or dead serious if needed. I mean look what he did with Ray. That movie was awesome work right there.

He really floored me with his range in Collateral. When his plans got shown to be more like delusions, I felt sooo bad for him.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:56 PM
Have you seen Ray? Enough said. He's earned his right. How many things did he do on TV before doing film?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 02:57 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with an Irishman playing Crockett? I wonder if he'll have a pet alligator?
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 03:49 PM
No pet alligator.

Read an interview in USA Today regarding the direction of the movie. Its intent was to bring Miami Vice in to this day in age. Meaning a lot of the flash, style, etc from the 80's tv show is obviously not appropriate for 2006 and why the movie won't come off like that.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 05:04 PM
They're still in a Ferrari though. That seems pretty flashy to me. I think it can still work since drug dealers aren't really concerned about the economy. I'm seeing it none the less.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 06:55 PM
My friend helps build the carbon fiber plane that's in this movie. (He works in Denver).
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 07:24 PM
Just saw it. Pretty good story line. It had a decent car scene at the very beginning, but that was it. Mostly SUV's
The soundtrack was pretty disappointing as well. Lots of good shootouts. I could have done without seeing Jamie Foxx nude in the shower though.

Grade B+
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 07:25 PM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Jamie Foxx nude in the shower

i think my evening plans just changed. anyone wanna go see it wif me?

~Andrew
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 08:45 PM
ew
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 08:56 PM
At least he was showering with a chick.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 08:57 PM

Was there at least full-frontal on her to redeem the scene?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 09:00 PM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

Was there at least full-frontal on her to redeem the scene?

Unfortunately, they show alot of his crack yet none of her nips. There was a pretty hot scene with Crockett and that oriental chick.(no nips there either )
Posted By: ElKy Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 09:13 PM
but they show man meat?
wth is this world coming to?
Posted By: Blackfoot Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/28/06 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:
I'm I the only one that thinks this shouldn't have been named miami vice.. i mean miami vice is pastel leisure suits, short mens shorts, girls with the awesome 80s hair, and flock o seagulls pumpin in the soundtrack.

From the reviews i will probably like this movie but i feel they couldve just made this movie.. gave it a different name and left well enough alone. I would've been happy with Miami Cop Buddy Movie .. lol

also, am i the only person who doesnt like jamie foxx? I think he ruined the movie collateral. He was decent in jarhead but i think jake ghaghagnadale stole the show.

Michael Mann Directed the original Miami Vice so Im sure its ok for him to call his new movie Miami Vice
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/29/06 05:12 PM
Just... WOW.

Fantastic movie. The right pace, the right acting... and brilliantly shot.

It was satisfyingly long, just enough suspense, just enough action.

Yeah, I'll be seeing it again soon.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/29/06 05:21 PM
It was a good movie, just the wrong name. not enough "Miami."
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/29/06 05:36 PM
saw it last night. pretty good, could have been better.

i thought the Asian chick's casting was kinda wierd....Asian chick is the right hand "man" of a Columbian drug lord? and her cousin, presumably Asian as well, is the harbor master of a port in Havanna?

anywho, i think they could have picked a better captain than that black guy with the pelican chin. also thought they should have cast Tubbs as someone else, someone who could actually play a Hispanic, rather than just calling him Ricardo. didnt fit at all. the bald cop was assumedly playing the chubby/happy hawaiin shirt wearing cop from the show. thought they could have cast someone closer to his likeness, not that they really included him and his skinny partner much like they always did in the show.

i thought Colin Ferrel played Crocket excellently. the girl who played Gina was good too. the whole audience cheered when she shot that dude in the neck

the Ferrari could have at least been white! i read that the testarossa in the show was originally black but they painted it white for better contrast. same rule applies here. dark gray and night shooting dont go so well together.

cool boat scenes too..

oh yeah, i hate this "new" style of filming where they make it seem like the G0ddamn cameraman is part of the cast. with the camera bounching around shaking! IMO i makes the movie completely less enjoyable.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/29/06 06:31 PM
My woman complained about the camera angles too. I tend to enjoy those types of angles as opposed to the straight shot scenes It makes me feel like im there.

I loved the movie, but I was too young to be diehard into the series so the little nuiances were not a problem for me.
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/29/06 07:30 PM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
i thought the Asian chick's casting was kinda wierd....Asian chick is the right hand "man" of a Columbian drug lord? and her cousin, presumably Asian as well, is the harbor master of a port in Havanna?

Who cares? It's an Asian chic!!!
Posted By: sigma Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/29/06 07:47 PM
Quote:

Actually the Japanese are rather involved in South America. and the Yakuza, essentially the Japanese Mafia, are known to have activities there as well. In the early 1900s many hundreds of thousands of Japanese moved to South America and recently the Japanese government has been rather heavily participating in economic cooperation throughout the region. In the late '90s Peru even had a Japanese President. So it's really not much of a stretch to have Asians in position of power in Latin American organizations.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/29/06 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVTotalled:

that's a turn off for me. id much prefer a smokin hot latina.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/29/06 08:21 PM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
and Lady in the Water (I like M Night's alternative take on filmmaking and storytelling, so I don't need to hear all that, "but his movies arent chock full of action, horror, and comedy!" crap).

I like some of his movies, that was not one of them.
Posted By: rouar Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/30/06 12:06 AM

oh yeah, i hate this "new" style of filming where they make it seem like the G0ddamn cameraman is part of the cast. with the camera bounching around shaking! IMO i makes the movie completely less enjoyable.

If it is entirely this type of camera style, then I'm not watching that movie.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/30/06 12:41 AM
I kept waiting for the old theme song.

...and what was that Phil Collins remake crap at the end?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/30/06 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVTotalled:

Damn Skippy, Asian persuasion(sp) .

Aaron
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/30/06 04:32 AM
One of the worse movies I've seen all year. The plot, dry dialogue and lack of action did it in for me. I was fighting sleep trying to understand what the heck was going on.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/30/06 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Rouar:

If it is entirely this type of camera style, then I'm not watching that movie.

no, thank GOD! i would have been pissed if they had. during the big shoot-out at the end its like there is a friggin CNN cameraman shooting "live from Baghdad" (only a few times). its like he was sampling with different shooting styles. out of focus, grainy, etc..

at the end i was waiting for them to bust out with the original theme song at least for the credits!! all you get is that wack-ass remake of Phil's song.
Posted By: GS474 Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/31/06 12:05 AM
saw it 30 minutes ago damn good movie
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/31/06 01:36 AM
Originally posted by bishop375:
Superman Returns and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest are ~2.5 hours each, too.

I *love* long movies in the theater, esp. when I'm putting down so much to see them.

I saw those 2 movies as well as Miami Vice this past week (it was hot as hell this week in Georgia , and the theaters have great air conditioning ... and Junior Mints ) - yup , they're all loooong movies . It's all good , though .

My thoughts on Miami Vice , hmmm that's a tough one . It was an OK movie , with enough action to keep me in the theater . I think they could've named the movie anything , and shouldn't have tainted the Miami Vice name with a mediocre movie (I like the "Bad Boyz 3 reference ) . It just wasn't what I expected . Not enough kickbacks to the original show , in my opinion . Plus I was waiting the whole movie for them to play "In the air tonight" (the Phil Collins song) . The least they could've done was throw that in there for the OG Miami Vice junkies .
Posted By: my98SVTturbo Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/31/06 01:50 AM
i personaly didnt really like the movie all that much even though that ferrari F430 in the beginning was pretty sweet
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 07/31/06 07:10 PM
I think I would have liked it better if only they had played the old theme song (or any song for that matter) at the beginning.

Posted By: jtour Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 08/01/06 12:38 PM
It was alright....it was pretty much colin with the asian chick the whole movie. Needed more jamie fox.

Posted By: Barge Re: Miami Vice - The Movie - 08/01/06 06:27 PM
Boooooooooooring...

Holy crap.. let's have some action in an action movie already.

Good thing they had that shootout in the end because I almost feel alseep leading up to it.

Ending of the movie annoyed me as well... climax w/ shoutout then make me sit there and get bored again.. yippe.
© CEG Archives