Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TexasRealtor Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/26/06 09:03 PM
She was found not guilty be reason of insanity at her second trial.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/26/06 09:04 PM
She will still never see the light of day again. They'll lock her up in the looney bin for the rest of her life.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/26/06 09:06 PM
For those not familiar with the case
Yates
Posted By: KerryKool Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/26/06 11:26 PM
I did a report on her for my English comp class. She's . I don't understand how she can get away w/ killing her children and then calling her husband saying she did something bad. She better not get out of the padded box anytime soon.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/26/06 11:43 PM
She needs to be placed in a round room and told to find a corner.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/26/06 11:46 PM
Originally posted by KerryKool:
I did a report on her for my English comp class. She's . I don't understand how she can get away w/ killing her children and then calling her husband saying she did something bad. She better not get out of the padded box anytime soon.

It's the ultimate F-you.
Not that it's even close to the same level, but it's like when a crazy ex keys your car or destroys something you love. They looked like happy boys, this is very f'd up and sad
Posted By: Tom Thumb Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 01:10 AM
It's a sad story. She really looks insane.

She would have remorse and guilt if she were sane.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 01:20 AM
She's a miswired carbon unit, delete her
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 01:34 AM
As my mother would say "Crazier than a shithouse rat". At least she won't be able to hurt anyone else in there.

I can't imagine what the husband went through.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 02:53 AM
Why the insanity defense has become utter [censored]. There is a point where you do something so bad the rest is completely irrelevant. I just hope they throw her in one of the hellhole mental institutions like they had in the 40's.
Posted By: jlanger_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 04:30 AM
Well she is in Texas, actually in MN anyways she'd have a mental health dangerous diagnosis after doing something like that, meaning that if she ever is release for prison, she'd be tracked for the rest of her life, you never get rid of this designation, the really sad thing is that if this lady had been on the proper meds, having a therapist, it may never have happened. Now that she is most likely on meds, she's gonna be dealing with the fact that she killed her kids for the rest of her life. Is this a worse punishment that executing/imprisoning her for life? I dont' know but it's gotta be pretty tough as well.
shorter synopsis of the case
Andrea Yates Hx
Honestly I'm very surprised that she got an insanity plea, usually someone with a psychosis like that either is incompentent to stand trial or is proven guilty. Insanity if very difficult to prove. Especially in todays world with medications and such, people with mental illness often "choose" to go off medications, use drugs, etc, making thier actions still their responsibility.
steps off soap box...
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 06:55 AM
She should have been fried the first time for the first three.

At least now the Prosecutors can take her to trial for the last two.

If you didn't know, she was only tried for three of the deaths this time around. Hopefully, the prosecutors will try her again with the death penalty for the last two.

Posted By: rouar Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 09:49 AM
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
Why the insanity defense has become utter [censored]. There is a point where you do something so bad the rest is completely irrelevant. I just hope they throw her in one of the hellhole mental institutions like they had in the 40's.

Did you know that mental hospitals of that time shot their more uncontrollable patients up with mercury twice a week? My last job involved documents from the 1890s-1950s. Every patient I had seen with this particular note in their files had died within a year or so after the injections started.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 12:23 PM
I wonder how many married men, took their wife to a new therapist, after that happened? I don't have any kids, nor am I married, but I couldn't imagine my wife, killing even ONE of my children, let alone all FIVE!! Wife or not, she'd find herself with a rusty axe in her forehead, if I came home to her standing over my 5 dead children.

Mark
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I wonder how many married men, took their wife to a new therapist, after that happened? I don't have any kids, nor am I married, but I couldn't imagine my wife, killing even ONE of my children, let alone all FIVE!! Wife or not, she'd find herself with a rusty axe in her forehead, if I came home to her standing over my 5 dead children.

Mark

seriously, that man is as crazy as her. he was doing an interview after the verdict was given and said he loved her and she was always there for him and he would always be there for her and blah blah blah. i just don't understand how a mother can murder 5 children and then the husband still be calm and love her.

and wtf is it with the insanity plea anymore. there is a certain line that once crossed, your actions should not be covered by insanity. killing your 5 children should be in that category. fry the [censored].

~Andrew
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

and wtf is it with the insanity plea anymore. there is a certain line that once crossed, your actions should not be covered by insanity. killing your 5 children should be in that category. fry the [censored].

~Andrew

If you kill your 5 children, I think you are one of the most insane people on Earth. I think the verdict was handed down correctly. She will never be allowed in the outside world again anyway. Plus, now she has to think about it for the rest of her life.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 12:37 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:

~Andrew

If you kill your 5 children, I think you are one of the most insane people on Earth. I think the verdict was handed down correctly. She will never be allowed in the outside world again anyway. Plus, now she has to think about it for the rest of her life.

thinking about it for the rest of her life probably doesn't mean much considering she is insane. crazy people don't have remorse. did you see her when the verdict was read? no emotion at all. i think the insanity plea is fine for certain cases (when a clinical diagnosis is known prior to the crime), but i feel too many people are perfectly sane, commit a crime, and then plead insanity after the fact. and as i said, there is a certain point where being crazy just ain't gonne cut it. killing your 5 kids is in that territory. so as i said before, fry the [censored].

~Andrew
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 12:59 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:

~Andrew

thinking about it for the rest of her life probably doesn't mean much considering she is insane. crazy people don't have remorse. did you see her when the verdict was read? no emotion at all. i think the insanity plea is fine for certain cases (when a clinical diagnosis is known prior to the crime), but i feel too many people are perfectly sane, commit a crime, and then plead insanity after the fact. and as i said, there is a certain point where being crazy just ain't gonne cut it. killing your 5 kids is in that territory. so as i said before, fry the [censored].

~Andrew

So to be insane you have to be diagnosed before you act insane? Tell me how that works.

Oh, and just so everyone knows, it is cheaper to lock someone up forever than to execute them. Sounds wrong, but it is true.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

seriously, that man is as crazy as her. he was doing an interview after the verdict was given and said he loved her and she was always there for him and he would always be there for her and blah blah blah. i just don't understand how a mother can murder 5 children and then the husband still be calm and love her.

I think you're right...I cannot imagine the mental and emotional shock that he must have gone through. It wouldn't surprise me to find that he's had significant psych attention since it happened, and is on meds himself. I would imagine that the only way he can keep from eating a bullet is to push through it and come out on the other side focusing on supporting her, so he at least has something to focus on.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 02:59 PM
You people really need to dig deeper and find out what would cause someone to commit this kind of crime.

History of Andea Yates.

1. Rapid-fire kids with no stop in sight
2. Flawed religious doctrine
3. Husband that didn't give a damn about her mental health or taking care of his family
4. Flawed medical system that didn't give a damn about Andrea.

Yes, the killing of the kids is wrong and Andrea is to blame. However, that blame also is shared by many other factors that shouldn't be dismissed.

Get all the facts before you pass judgement on her.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 03:09 PM
Yep. My wife was really scared of post-partum depression, and cases like this are the reason why.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Hightower FTW:
You people really need to dig deeper and find out what would cause someone to commit this kind of crime.

History of Andea Yates.

3. Husband that didn't give a damn about her mental health or taking care of his family

Yes, the killing of the kids is wrong and Andrea is to blame. However, that blame also is shared by many other factors that shouldn't be dismissed.

Did you read the link you posted? I think #3 might be inaccurate. In the interest of his wife's mental health, Rusty moved the family out of the 350 sq ft bus & into "... a nice home in a quiet neighborhood." before she returned from her hospital stay. Her last Doctor that took her off the meds was in imbicile. He was a bumbling fool I tell you!

Mr. Yates should hire a slick lawyer & go after that doctor for getting her off the meds, resulting in the death of his children. Her prior medical history WITH the medication showed that it was a tremendous help.

Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 03:17 PM

History of Andea Yates.

i personally don't give a damn the reasons. killing is killing.

~Andrew
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 03:26 PM

~Andrew

I agree that she killed the kids. No arguments there.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 03:34 PM

~Andrew

I agree that she killed the kids. No arguments there.

ok

i am not saying she's sane, as that would be idiotic. anyone that does that kind of crime MUST be insane. i just don't think being legally/medically insane should exempt you from certain sentences. killing your 5 kids should be death penalty, bottom line. just my personal opinion on the matter

~Andrew
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Pre98:
She needs to be placed in a round room and told to find a corner.

Yes and then fill the room with water. Drowning is said to be the most horrible way to go
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 05:43 PM
i am not saying she's sane, as that would be idiotic. anyone that does that kind of crime MUST be insane. i just don't think being legally/medically insane should exempt you from certain sentences. killing your 5 kids should be death penalty, bottom line. just my personal opinion on the matter

~Andrew

This is exactly right. She shouldn't be exempted from the punishment simply because she was deemed insane.

The issue with the Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity defense is the fact that there is a chance that she will be out in society again, no matter how far into the future that possibility is.

Hopefully, the prosecutors will try her on the other two deaths and she will be found GUILTY and face the Death Penalty.

Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Woodencross:

This is exactly right. She shouldn't be exempted from the punishment simply because she was deemed insane.

The issue with the Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity defense is the fact that there is a chance that she will be out in society again, no matter how far into the future that possibility is.

Hopefully, the prosecutors will try her on the other two deaths and she will be found GUILTY and face the Death Penalty.

You know... for all the times you and I may disagree, this is NOT one of those times.

And, you know how cheap the death penalty could be? Hand me a .45, walk her and I out to a field, and I'll put a bullet in her head. All I need is transportation to and from the field, and may be a burger afterwards.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 06:38 PM
Originally posted by bishop375:

You know... for all the times you and I may disagree, this is NOT one of those times.

And, you know how cheap the death penalty could be? Hand me a .45, walk her and I out to a field, and I'll put a bullet in her head. All I need is transportation to and from the field, and may be a burger afterwards.

I've never understood those who say the death penalty is more expensive. Throughout my whole education I sat there listening to my professors (criminal justice professors) saying that the "death penalty is more expensive." No it's not, it's the fact that we allow all the appeals and delays.

Like you said, it only takes a few seconds in my mind. $10 rope from Home Depot will do it for me. Heck, if the death penalty as we do it now wasn't so "humane", it might actually be considered a deterrent again.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 06:46 PM
Originally posted by bishop375:

I've never understood those who say the death penalty is more expensive. Throughout my whole education I sat there listening to my professors (criminal justice professors) saying that the "death penalty is more expensive." No it's not, it's the fact that we allow all the appeals and delays.

Like you said, it only takes a few seconds in my mind. $10 rope from Home Depot will do it for me. Heck, if the death penalty as we do it now wasn't so "humane", it might actually be considered a deterrent again.

no [censored]! i am sick of all the activists "electric chair is too brutal!" this [censored] just drowned her 5 kids and you are gonna fight for a less brutal death? pull a plastic bag over her head and call it a day. god damned activists make me sick. as soon as you kill someone, your right to humane treatment goes right out the window.

~Andrew
Posted By: ElKy Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 06:48 PM
i say we hold her under water until she just stops moving.
pull her out and give her CPR to revive her.
let her rest for a few, then do it again.
repeat 5 times!
and on the last time dont revive her!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 07:43 PM
It's my opinion that someone facing the death penalty for a murder they commit should be executed in the same manner they killed their victim. You drown someone? Someone gets to hold you under 'til you quit kicking. Drown more than one person? you get what Elky said. Shoot someone? Someone gets to put a bullet in you. Shoot more than 1 person? Kneecaps and elbows, until the bullet for the last victim. Kill someone driving drunk? Use a crash-test rig to put you into a concrete piling at 90 mph, no airbag or seatbelt provided. Maybe televise it too. Then, maybe you will see some deterrent effect from the death penalty.

Until that day (which I know unfortunately will NEVER come), hope they commit their murder in Texas. We're usually more than happy to kill them back!
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 07:47 PM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Maybe televise it too.

i LOVE that movie. watch it at least once a month

Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

We're usually more than happy to kill them back!

ron white rocks

~Andrew
Posted By: jlanger_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 11:27 PM
Quote:

Many people who are insane feel a great deal of remorse especially once they start to take meds and become less psychotic. Imagine that you were playing a video game and you were killing a lot of bad people, then imagine that when the game was suddenly turned off you found out that the game was not only real, you were actually killing loved ones. While not a similar analogy to this case, this is similar to what Andrea most likely went through, Her level of reality was signifigantly altered by post partum psychosis. Because of enviromental factors beyond her control, she honestly felt that it was right for her to kill her kids so that they could get to heaven.
One case that I've seen used in defence of the plea (sorry I can't remember the name) was a schizophrenic man who saw dogs coming to attack and kill him, he killed the dogs but they turned out to be his family members. That scares teh bejesus out of me, I've seen patients/clients in psychotic states that were not in this world. I can't begin to fathom what it'd be like to do something you thought was right and it turns out to be horrendously wrong. The scary thing is that it can happen to just about any of us, depending on genetics, envronment, and history.
All in all Andrea is going to be locked away for a very long time, and once she is deemed fit to be released from the institution that she's in, she will be tracked very closely, having little to no civil rights (her PO or social worker will determine where she lives, what she can do, where she can go etc.) and will be forced to take mood altering medications (which tend to shorten your lifespan btw) and live with the fact that she killed all of her children. Don't know, I think she'd might actually think death is better, does that make it better for us?

Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/27/06 11:31 PM
Well, the way I see it, her popping out kids like a Pez dispenser is as much her responsibility as anyone else's. She had choices to use contraception (including NFP) or not to have sex with Rusty (I don't think I could have done that one ). The religious beliefs she espouses in adulthood are also her responsibility.

Rusty may have been better about not having the last child, but it appears he mended his ways about the other things over the years.

It doesn't seem like the health system failed Andrea in this case. It did it's thing, and she went contrary to it. There is only so much power they have, and personally, I don't want them to have any more.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 12:18 AM
or not to have sex with Rusty (I don't think I could have done that one ).

sweetheart, i KNOW you didn't just drool over that man. he looks so, country-yuppy. you need city cutey

~Andrew
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 12:41 AM
you need city cutey

Offering?

Seriously, though, he cleans up well... did you see the wedding pictures? Besides, nothing wrong with a cowboy in boots and hat laying on the spurs.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 12:51 AM
you need city cutey

Offering?

Seriously, though, he cleans up well... did you see the wedding pictures? Besides, nothing wrong with a cowboy in boots and hat laying on the spurs.

it's an open offer darling

i just saw the wedding pictures after you mentioned it, and he does indeed clean up well

~Andrew
Posted By: 96RedSE5Sp_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:21 PM
~Andrew

She will never be allowed in the outside world again anyway. Plus, now she has to think about it for the rest of her life.

You sure about that? We had a case up here where a girl was found NG by reason of insanity after stabbing her boyfriend to death in a fit of jealous rage. (She stabbed him 17 times).

She got 8 weeks of counseling.

And what about Hinckley and Mark David Chapman? I think one of them is out already.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:38 PM
you need city cutey

Offering?

~Andrew

Needs more HSMS

...(Hot Sweaty Man Sex)
Posted By: ElKy Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:39 PM
you need city cutey

Offering?

~Andrew

Needs more HSMS

...(Hot Sweaty Man Sex)

i was thinking..needs less!
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:41 PM
you need city cutey

Offering?

~Andrew

Needs more HSMS

...(Hot Sweaty Man Sex)

i'm down with that

~Andrew
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:41 PM
you need city cutey

Offering?

~Andrew

Needs more HSMS

...(Hot Sweaty Man Sex)

You mean less!
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:43 PM
you need city cutey

Offering?

~Andrew

Needs more HSMS

...(Hot Sweaty Man Sex)

i'm down with that

~Andrew

Are you good enough for my James?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
you need city cutey

Offering?

~Andrew

Needs more HSMS

...(Hot Sweaty Man Sex)

i was thinking..needs less!

Odd how a thread about a psychotic mother that kills her 5 kids turns into a gay hook-up thread.

I swere! <--Spelled correctly for pronunciation

Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Ã?Å?ber Evil Mushu!:
you need city cutey

Offering?

~Andrew

Needs more HSMS

...(Hot Sweaty Man Sex)

i'm down with that

~Andrew

Are you good enough for my James?

i certainly think so

~Andrew
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:46 PM

Odd how a thread about a psychotic mother that kills her 5 kids turns into a gay hook-up thread.

I swere! <--Spelled correctly for pronunciation

That's the magic of CEG! With all the men here, it is bound to go gay quickly.
Posted By: spgoode_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:49 PM
Here's a doozy for ya!

Texas law states that a person who is acting on directives they believe to be coming from God can be declared insane, but someone who is acting on directives they believe are coming from Satan cannot, and are considered sane!!??

Does this make sense to anyone?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:51 PM
How can my thread with a picture of two babes next to a classic GTO get's locked, yet I have to endure this dribble?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 03:55 PM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
How can my thread with a picture of two babes next to a classic GTO get's locked, yet I have to endure this dribble?

Hello, and Welcome To CEG!

Words don't hurt people, pictures do.
Posted By: spgoode_dup1 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:00 PM
yet I have to endure this dribble?

Better see a doctor about that! Or did you mean drivel?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by spgoode:

Better see a doctor about that! Or did you mean drivel?

DICTIONARY FTW!!!
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by spgoode:

Better see a doctor about that!

Maybe a urologist?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:06 PM

Hello, and Welcome To CEG!

Words don't hurt people, pictures do.

Nope, moderator said my picture was fine. All the stupid "in b4 da lock" comments got it locked.

...ever wonder why ass gets censored, but asswipe doesn't?
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:07 PM

I can see your ass.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:08 PM
I can't win today. I think I'll play hookey and go watch Miami Vice.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:09 PM
I can't win today. I think I'll play hookey and go watch Miami Vice.

That movie looks like ass.

This is a positive review on Rotten Tomatoes.

"Even though you can't figure out what anyone is saying, the story is so straightforward and mindless that you gradually figure out what's going on, and the style is so fluid -- and the Caribbean visuals so evocative -- that you're carried right along."
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:12 PM
Ya'll ought to roadtrip for catfish tomorrow at Clearsprings.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 04:18 PM
You just want me to stay over in New Bransfels and go tubing on Sunday. Tempting, but we are off to Galveston.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 05:31 PM
You just want me to stay over in New Bransfels and go tubing on Sunday. Tempting, but we are off to Galveston.

i'm going to galveston in september

~Andrew
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 05:37 PM

~Andrew

Pack some Off!

Are you coming to the Houston area looking for Rusty Yates? Cheating on James already? Who do you think you are, Goerge Michael?
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 06:58 PM

~Andrew

Pack some Off!

Are you coming to the Houston area looking for Rusty Yates? Cheating on James already? Who do you think you are, Goerge Michael?

i am going there on vacation type deal with family. technically we are going to the houston area for a week but spending 2 days of the trip in galveston

~Andrew
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 07:06 PM

[delivery guy] I have a package for a Mr. Johnson. A Mr. Asswipe Johnson. [/delivery guy]

[Kevin Nealon] It's pronounced 'Azz-wee-pay', it's French. [/Kevin Nealon]
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/28/06 07:43 PM

~Andrew

I'm going to Branson in a couple of weeks with the in-laws. Not looking forward to it, banjo music gives me hives. I have never been there, but it kinda looks like Vegas for the trailer park crowd.

...oh boy, I haven't seen Mickey Gilly since "Urban Cowboy!"
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/29/06 03:14 AM
Avoid poisons and firearms. We want you back.

Your wife owes you... BIG. Make sure you collect.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 01:45 PM

i am going there on vacation type deal with family. technically we are going to the houston area for a week but spending 2 days of the trip in galveston

~Andrew

Houston and Galveston SUCK!!! Do youself a favor and DO NOT GO!!!

Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 02:11 PM

~Andrew

suck is a relative term. compared to indiana, i am sure those areas rock. at least that's what my parents have told me

~Andrew
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 02:28 PM
Houston after the hurricanes?! Have you seen the news at all?
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 02:34 PM
what's this 'news' you speak of? can i eat it?

~Andrew
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/31/06 02:48 PM
Not looking forward to it, banjo music gives me hives. I have never been there, but it kinda looks like Vegas for the trailer park crowd.

Haha that has to be the line of the day!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 03:03 PM

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Andrea Yates Not Guilty - 07/31/06 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
She's a miswired carbon unit, delete her

I concur.

Of course you're insane if you kill your 5 kids. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be punished and punished hard (prison or death penalty). Nothing is gained from keeping somebody that crazy and sick around.

And there is an actual possibility they'll let her back out in public in the future, maybe just day trips home or whatnot, but she doesn't deserve even a minute of freedom. She killed five innocent kids.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 1314:

Galveston is cool if you know were to stay. Stay at the Tremont in the Strand. Have a drink on the roof bar and check out the cruise ships. Eat seafood and drink frozen girly drinks all day while wandering through all the shops, bars, etc. Take the trolley to the seawall and go to Fishtails for lunch and buy some crap from the tourist shops.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 07:20 PM

Galveston is cool if you know were to stay. Stay at the Tremont in the Strand. Have a drink on the roof bar and check out the cruise ships. Eat seafood and drink frozen girly drinks all day while wandering through all the shops, bars, etc. Take the trolley to the seawall and go to Fishtails for lunch and buy some crap from the tourist shops.

Yes, Galveston is cool too a guy going to Branson.

The weather in Houston and Galveston will be hot with very high humidity (deoderant and even Goldbond will not help), the beach water is BROWN and lets not forget the seaweed that is EVERYWHERE. Don't even get me started on tourist stuff. Rent a fishing boat go out past 2 water color changes and you might enjoy yourself.

Chris and I are from there and we know of what we speak.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 08:02 PM

Ouch, hit me in hillbillie!

Ewww, you grew up in Galveston? I just like to go play the drunk tourist.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 08:09 PM

Ouch, hit me in hillbillie!

Ewww, you grew up in Galveston? I just like to go play the drunk tourist.

I got out as quick as I could, I grew up in Austin. I don't completely hate Galveston, I did have the best day of my life there, but just like Austin, it has changed for the worse.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 08:11 PM
I don't completely hate Galveston, I did have the best day of my life there,

Your first Tequila shot?
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 08:19 PM

Your first Tequila shot?

I married Chris.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 08:37 PM

Your first Tequila shot?

I married Chris.

That's what I meant.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 09:46 PM

The weather in Houston and Galveston will be hot with very high humidity (deoderant and even Goldbond will not help), the beach water is BROWN and lets not forget the seaweed that is EVERYWHERE. Don't even get me started on tourist stuff. Rent a fishing boat go out past 2 water color changes and you might enjoy yourself.

Yes, the water in Galveston has been getting progressively worse and it has been years since I actually got in the water. And Houston has grown so much it's easy to forget that there are many surrounding cities. Geez, Sugar Land was rated the # 3 Best Place to Live by Money magazine but I'd still consider it a suburb of Houston. League City also ranked high on their list, another city within a rocks throw of Houston.

And this really should be discussed in SC-CEG since there isn't much else going on in there.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 10:55 PM

Yes, the water in Galveston has been getting progressively worse and it has been years since I actually got in the water. And Houston has grown so much it's easy to forget that there are many surrounding cities. Geez, Sugar Land was rated the # 3 Best Place to Live by Money magazine but I'd still consider it a suburb of Houston. League City also ranked high on their list, another city within a rocks throw of Houston.

And this really should be discussed in SC-CEG since there isn't much else going on in there.

We all ate catfish Saturday
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 11:11 PM
Geez, Sugar Land was rated the # 3 Best Place to Live by Money magazine but I'd still consider it a suburb of Houston.

Maybe on paper. I'd bet money they didn't visit.
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 07/31/06 11:35 PM
Geez, Sugar Land was rated the # 3 Best Place to Live by Money magazine but I'd still consider it a suburb of Houston.

Maybe on paper. I'd bet money they didn't visit.

You'd bet Money money?
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: PIMPY!!!!!!!!! - 08/01/06 01:23 AM
Money magazine likely ran a bunch of statistics and demographics through some big black box formula of questionable value (at best) and came up with the theoretically greatest places to live. Of course, this ignores all the intangibles which are critical.
© CEG Archives