Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 2X95SEs_dup1 Please pray for our marriage - 07/22/06 12:53 PM
Our 15+ year marriage will end Monday unless the Lord opens her hardened heart and stops it. She is very soul sick as a good friend described her at one time. She still sees the counselor 3 times a week for her problems and is being medicated for depression. I still love Robin deeply and long for her heart to be healed.
I am having a rough time. I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and am overwhelmed with all of this and all the new processes.
Thank all of you!!!
Don
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/22/06 01:05 PM
Wow, that's hard.

Good luck and many prayers!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/22/06 04:02 PM
I am very sorry to hear that, keep your head up man.
Posted By: Tom Thumb Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/23/06 02:26 AM
Most of the time a wife doesn't leave her husband unless she has met someone else.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/23/06 02:30 AM
Originally posted by RawBroken:
I am very sorry to hear that, keep your head up man.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/23/06 02:34 AM
One of my friends is going through something similar- but not nearly as developed as a fifteen year marriage. He's dealing with throwing away his fiance (4 years of his life). I "threw away" two years of my own for lack of a better term- I guess I did learn from it. I found even that to be tough.

Couldn't imagine what you're going through. Just do what you're good at and make the right choices. Keep your head high.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/23/06 02:35 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Posted By: Toadster_dup1 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/23/06 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Tom Thumb:
Most of the time a wife doesn't leave her husband unless she has met someone else.

that's not true!
Posted By: 2X95SEs_dup1 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/23/06 10:26 PM
Sadly, she her head is messed up. She can't deal with her distant past and some tramatic things that happened to her when she was 5yrs old. Later, she had some other tramatic things happen (Long story). Her body chemistry is messed up due to some female problems. Both her parents died in 2004 too.
She just will not cope with things, so her solution is to get rid of everything. She even left the church she was a member of for over 20 years! Cut off her church friends..
I love her very much and spent a ton of time with a professional counselor so I could learn to work with her. We made a lot of progress earlier this year then suddenly she shut me off and called a divorce attorney.
Posted By: RT and his SE_dup1 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/23/06 11:33 PM
I've just come off a year of being treated for depression with medication and therapy. You can find some very dark places when your in that frame of mind. If she doesn't seek help then your future together is not good. If she does than you can ask for a stay of the divorce until she is in a state of mind that is better suited to making such a big decision. When mental illness is involved they'll(the courts) usually grant this.
Hang tough and don't let it drag you down. You can't help someone that doesn't want help so try to see the difference.
Good luck!
Posted By: 2X95SEs_dup1 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/24/06 04:37 AM
She is being treated because I saw all the medication in the kitchen when I was last there. The evil one has her in his grips.
Posted By: RT and his SE_dup1 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/24/06 05:51 AM
It takes some time to sort out the medication and find what works. It took me 3 months and 5 different meds before we hit on the right one. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. Once they get that leveled off then they can start working on what got her to this point.
I'm sure shes very scared. Facing demons you've locked away for so long always is. Be there for her and talk to her doctor... a lot!

I wrestled with mine for 5 years before I sought help. After a year of medication and therapy I no long need either. I don't know if that kind of recovery is typical but hopefully it helps.

As for the divorce, I'm pretty sure they won't grant one to a petitioner(the person who files for the divorce) that's actively being treated for a mental illness. Maybe talk to a lawyer. Lots of divorce lawyers will give you a half hour freebie. Go with questions in hand and pick their brain.

Good luck. Hope this helps!
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 02:40 AM
You are essentially having her declared mentally incompetent if you are denying her a divorce because she is being treated for a mental illness. I would be shocked if divorces were not allowed without such a determination of incompetence, as people can be under treatment for many years.

I would advise you think a great deal before using such a tactic.

Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 02:59 PM
Some relationships should change and some relationships should end. Trust me, it happens to us all. I know this from very recent personal experience.

Tell her you love her, have no animosity, and want to stay friends for life. And then let her go! Let her have her own life! If you love her, help her realize her independence as much as you can, both emotionally and financially.

Only a foolish man attempts to bind someone to them using guilt and legal BS. If you go through with your plans, this woman will never trust you again.

If you ever want this woman to willingly come back in your life ΓΆβ?¬β?? let go completely!

For all you know, you are the cause of her mental anguish.
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

For all you know, you are the cause of her mental anguish.

Let's hope that isn't the case.

Good luck, I hope everything ends up working out in the end.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 2X95SEs:
The evil one has her in his grips.

the evil one? give me a break.

i wish you well, but your wife likely needs help that you, nor religion, can provide. very serious mental trauma like you have described isn't easily overcome by anyone, and the sooner she gets on the road to recovery (via counseling and/or meds) the better off she will be.

i suggest that if you truly love her, be selfless and let her get better.

otherwise, you're likely only adding to her already enormous burden.
Posted By: coatsy Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:27 PM
Save your energy, you've wasted enough of it.. Nobody, and i mean NOBODY but the person suffering can solve the problems but themselves, if she is unwilling to do what it takes, let her go. Remain friends, tell her you will be there for her, however YOU need to move on with your life..
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:28 PM
Does she have a sister????

Is she hot?

[censored] her instead!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Decepticon:

Is she hot?

[censored] her instead!

. . . .
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:31 PM

Is she hot?

[censored] her instead!

I know that was a joke but jesus christ dude! I dont think this is a laughing matter!
Posted By: coatsy Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:32 PM

Is she hot?

[censored] her instead!

Truly a sick bastard you are..
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:34 PM
It is a laughing matter!!!

The woman is mentally ill. Let her go.

Hell maybe her sister looks the same if not better without the baggage!!!!

if it wasn't a laughing matter then why would one post something on CEG for people who he doesn't know to read?

I find it very funny. Sorry!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:37 PM

There is nothing at all funny about this. This guy is losing a 15+ year marraige! Noone would find this funny, and you dont either. So stop acting like a 5 year old, and have some [censored] heart!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:47 PM
Originally posted by BatteryLight:

There is nothing at all funny about this. This guy is losing a 15+ year marraige! Noone would find this funny, and you dont either. So stop acting like a 5 year old, and have some [censored] heart!

[censored] happens, People Die, people get divored, people have issues!

Posted By: RawBurt Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:48 PM
Yes and that is life... But come on man.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:50 PM
Spilling your guts out to people in the INTERNET is highly laughable in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:55 PM
Would you say something like that to his face? I'm betting you wouldn't. If you would, well, then you need a firm kick in the balls regardless. It was a juvenile thing to say, even if you were joking, not to mention heartless and cruel. How about going outside and kicking the neighbors dog instead? Work out some of that negative energy. Make sure you find a nice tiny Poodle or Chihuahua. Something that can't fight back.

Posted By: Steeda. Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:57 PM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Would you say something like that to his face? I'm betting you wouldn't. If you would, well, then you need a firm kick in the balls regardless. It was a juvenile thing to say, even if you were joking, not to mention heartless and cruel. How about going outside and kicking the neighbors dog instead? Work out some of that negative energy. Make sure you find a nice tiny Poodle or Chihuahua. Something that can't fight back.

Obviously you don't know who i am.

Not say it to his face? I have no problem telling anyone and everyone what i think!

Some times the truth hurts and this is one of those cases!
Posted By: jtour Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 03:59 PM
I will pray for you.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 04:05 PM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

Obviously you don't know who i am.

Not say it to his face? I have no problem telling anyone and everyone what i think!

Some times the truth hurts and this is one of those cases!

I bet your parents are proud of the caring compassionate human being they've raised.

And having the balls to say something cruel or offensive to another certainly doesn't mean that you should say it. Unless you really enjoy being a sh!tty example of humanity.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 04:06 PM
It sounds like she has decided to make some major changes in the direction her life was going. Are there any kids involved?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 04:06 PM
My mom is. Sorry i can't be little whiney [censored]
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Please pray for our marriage - 07/25/06 04:08 PM
Blech, this thread has run its course. If anyone is interested in the outcome, PM the OP.
© CEG Archives