Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 09:35 PM

Trimming finger nails while at ones desk, at work?
Foul
Not so foul

Twas a discussion at work today? We are talking cube farm, BTW.

-Andy
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 09:38 PM
Whatever you do at your desk is your own business.
Posted By: Tisby Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 09:40 PM
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:

True - as long as nobody else notices...
Posted By: Tourige Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 09:44 PM
do it at home... its like people clipping there nails on the train... NOONE WANTS YOUR NAILS IN THEIR [censored]..
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
do it at home... its like people clipping there nails on the train... NOONE WANTS YOUR NAILS IN THEIR [censored]..

On the train is different.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 10:02 PM
Nail file- OK
Clippers- No way
Posted By: Pigeon Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 10:04 PM
I say depends on the situation. Where I am, in my own office with the door closed, I trim my nails with nary a thought as to the location - it's MY OFFICE damnit. I belch, fart, scratch myself, trim my nails, whatever I please. If I had a desk in a common work space or as part of a cube farm, I would not do it at the desk as it's not a private place. No different than the train example mentioned above.

So bottom line is in a private office no problem, in a common work area is a problem.

Scott
Posted By: jtour Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 10:06 PM
nasty do it somewhere else.

Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 10:22 PM
lol, this is so odd... The same thing happened today while I Was at work... My first day, Im working in my office in records and the lady that I share my office with busts out the nail clipers and starts going at it.... I was like... uhhhhh, no?
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Ã?Å?ber Evil Mushu!:
Nail file- OK
Clippers- No way

WTF is a Nail file? Ohh right, I have nuts!

-Andy
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Nail file- OK
Clippers- No way

-Andy

so do i, and i love my nail file

~Andrew
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Nail file- OK
Clippers- No way

-Andy

I don't have that problem.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/12/06 11:46 PM
I think the idea of any form of nail maintenance in the workplace should be reserved for emergencies only. That's filing, cleaning, trimming, any of it!
Posted By: TGO Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 12:20 AM
Nail file- OK
Clippers- No way

So, a fine layer of ground up nail dust is cool, but fingernail clippings that you can easily clean up and throw in the trash is not?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 01:25 AM
I voted foul, but then I remembered that sometimes if I have a nail hanging, then I bite it right off. I always throw the nail piece in the trash though.

Whenever I hear a nail clipper, I instantly think of toenails, because those are the only nails I cut.
So the sound alone grosses me out.
Plus when you cut, sometimes nail pieces go astray and then you can't locate them.
eww
Posted By: TGO Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 01:47 AM
yeah i love stepping on those, barefoot, a week later after they've become harder than diamonds
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 02:09 AM
Originally posted by TGO:
Nail file- OK
Clippers- No way

So, a fine layer of ground up nail dust is cool, but fingernail clippings that you can easily clean up and throw in the trash is not?

Yes.
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 02:29 AM
I've been known to do it. Over the trash can, until I got the clipper that catches the clippings. I quit when my boss came over b/c he thoguht he heard water dripping when I was doing it.
Posted By: TGO Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 02:52 AM
maybe it's the whole men are from mars, women are from venus thing, but i fail to understand your logic.
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 03:00 AM
Originally posted by TGO:
yeah i love stepping on those, barefoot, a week later after they've become harder than diamonds

I can attest to that. Those things HURT.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 03:03 AM
I absolutely hate when people clip there nails in public or at work, etc. Are you that busy you can't do it at home where you do everything else in the bathroom?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 03:33 AM
Clipping nails = Trimming butt hairs
Posted By: Manch-VegasSVT Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 06:35 AM
fingernails = OK
toenails = Not Ok
Posted By: joe_dup1 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 02:36 PM
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:

yes, but sometimes those buggers flick over the cubicle wall (when clipping) and land in your coffee and you don't find out till you finish the cup.

THAT'S WHY I SAY FOUL. There's a place to do that sort of thing. It is called a BATHROOM.
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 03:53 PM
Exactly, why not just go into the bathroom for a couple of minutes and do it in there? There are only dudes in my cube farm (well, small cube garden) so I don't have that problem.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 05:33 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Exactly, why not just go into the bathroom for a couple of minutes and do it in there? There are only dudes in my cube farm (well, small cube garden) so I don't have that problem.

Guys don't clip their nails?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 05:50 PM
Originally posted by YaaaarrroTour:
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:

Guys don't clip their nails?

I think he means they're all disgusting, and thus are not affected by each other's disgusting habits.
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 06:20 PM
Yes. Sort of.

I have never seen a guy bust out his nail clipper and go to town at work. I have seen someone tear off a nail, but that was with a 1" endmill and he didn't really mean to do it anyway, so I don't think that counts.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 06:24 PM
there are a couple of guys in my cube farm that clip their nails now and then.
it doesn't bother me, but i find it funny that they do it while on company time.
and you know they are doing it because the clippers have that distinctive sound.
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 06:28 PM
I cut mine here at work yesterday. My desk is out in the open but away from others. No one could see me. I have a clipper with the cutting catcher and do it over the trash.

I just don't feel like I have 5 minutes sometimes at home. I'm doing dishes, reading to the kiddies, playing with the kiddies, putting the kiddies to bed, finishing our kitchen. Last night it was midnight before I even knew it. I'm not sure where the time between 8 and 12 went.

I personally think the filing thing is worse than the clipping, since it is much harder to clean up. I also agree, fingernails ONLY!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 07:01 PM
I trim the dingleberries out of my butt hair at work. Is that ok?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 07:01 PM
Originally posted by todras:

It's all good, just don't eat them if someone is around.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 07:06 PM

shenanigans
I doubt you have any butthair, whitey
Posted By: Tourige Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Former Contour Owner:
I cut mine here at work yesterday. My desk is out in the open but away from others. No one could see me. I have a clipper with the cutting catcher and do it over the trash.

I just don't feel like I have 5 minutes sometimes at home. I'm doing dishes, reading to the kiddies, playing with the kiddies, putting the kiddies to bed, finishing our kitchen. Last night it was midnight before I even knew it. I'm not sure where the time between 8 and 12 went.

I personally think the filing thing is worse than the clipping, since it is much harder to clean up. I also agree, fingernails ONLY!

dont have 5 minutes to clip your nails, but enough time to check out an internet forum about clipping your nails.. irony
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 07:12 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

shenanigans
I doubt you have any butthair, whitey

i thought he did the brazilian wax thingy...

there used to be an old man in the office next to mine that i could hear clipping all the time...ewww grody
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Hygiene Question! - 06/13/06 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

dont have 5 minutes to clip your nails, but enough time to check out an internet forum about clipping your nails.. irony

Your understanding of irony sucks.
He doesn't have 5 minutes at home, but he has plenty of time at work, which is also where he is checking out an internet forum.
Try being a jerk elsewhere.
© CEG Archives