Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Preston 2.0 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 02:06 AM
Ok. WOW. My brother is friends with the guy who owns the SRT. Just took me for a ride. I feel enlightened. I have NEVER felt anything like what I felt when he hit the gas on that thing. I have a newfound respect for anything and everything Mopar.
Posted By: GS474 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 03:34 AM
i have some respect for the srt 4
and the new caliber if they don't butcher it
but for the most part some of the smaller cars they have may get good gas milage (i don't know) i know the bigger vehecles were they use v6-v8s get horrible gas milage and thats enough to turn me off from the new dodge any way
i still love some of the older dodges ie: duster, challenger,
the super bee ect
Posted By: elraido Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Preston 2.0:
Ok. WOW. My brother is friends with the guy who owns the SRT. Just took me for a ride. I feel enlightened. I have NEVER felt anything like what I felt when he hit the gas on that thing. I have a newfound respect for anything and everything Mopar.

Thats just because you are used to a ztec. Wasn't impressed with them at all when I drove one.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 04:00 AM
its a neon for crying out loud
Posted By: KerryKool Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Stinky Brown Paki!:
its a neon for crying out loud

But it has a turbo, now it shines like an LED.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 04:35 AM
Not impressed either.. not to say that they aren't or can't be made fast... but I'm not impressed.

Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 04:48 AM
Hi
Posted By: RyeLou Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 01:42 PM
That is impressive as hell considering the SRT didn't come out until 2003.

Oh, and mines faster.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 01:48 PM
I read that Skip Barber instructors are using SRT-4s on their tracks. That's endorsement enough for me.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 02:35 PM
I have respect for the SRT vehicles but other than that I have nothing for the rest.
Posted By: cuda06 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 02:42 PM
ahh, mopar, mmmmm
Posted By: TGO Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 02:44 PM
what kind of mileage do you think that particular srt gets?

Originally posted by GS474:
i have some respect for the srt 4
and the new caliber if they don't butcher it
but for the most part some of the smaller cars they have may get good gas milage (i don't know) i know the bigger vehecles were they use v6-v8s get horrible gas milage and thats enough to turn me off from the new dodge any way
i still love some of the older dodges ie: duster, challenger,
the super bee ect

Posted By: Preston 2.0 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 02:59 PM
Originally posted by RyeLou:

Oh, and mines faster.

Alright so I guessed about the year. You got me, haha.

The normal SRT-4's aren't really that impressive. I've ridden in normal ones, but this was the STAGE 3. As in, 345hp Stage 3 Turbo.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 03:09 PM

Oh, and mines faster.

The normal SRT-4's aren't really that impressive. I've ridden in normal ones, but this was the STAGE 3. As in, 345hp Stage 3 Turbo.

i still just don't find it that impressive.

how about a 450whp 1.8L turbo 4cyl?

~Andrew
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 03:34 PM
Of course, let's all knock Dodge for not being impressive.

I was very impressed with the drivetrain of the SRT-4 ACR, and the interior wasn't so bad it hurt. Overall, I still wish I had one. That BOV is priceless...
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
Of course, let's all knock Dodge for not being impressive.

I was very impressed with the drivetrain of the SRT-4 ACR, and the interior wasn't so bad it hurt. Overall, I still wish I had one. That BOV is priceless...

i'm not knocking dodge per se. i just don't find SRT-4's to be that impressive, stage 3 or not. personal preference.

~Andrew
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 04:27 PM
People don't find them impressive,,, but they have to say that while looking at their tail lights.
Posted By: Preston 2.0 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
People don't find them impressive... but they have to say that while looking at their tail lights.

Hahahaha EXACTLY. Regardless of if you find it impressive or not, they're fast. Period.

Also, think about value. The $/hp ratio is very high in those cars.

I'll tell you whats NOT all that impressive....the Cobalt SS Supercharged. Just wasn't impressed. Should have been alot quicker with 210hp.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 10:26 PM
SRT4s can be very fast. Not bad for a $20K econobox.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 10:27 PM
People don't find them impressive... but they have to say that while looking at their tail lights.

Hahahaha EXACTLY. Regardless of if you find it impressive or not, they're fast. Period.

Also, think about value. The $/hp ratio is very high in those cars.

I'll tell you whats NOT all that impressive....the Cobalt SS Supercharged. Just wasn't impressed. Should have been alot quicker with 210hp.

since when did i say they weren't fast

i don't base my idea of an impressive car on speed alone. a really fast car can still be very unimpressive IMO, and the srt4 is a prime example of that.

~Andrew
Posted By: Barge Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 10:56 PM
Stupid econobox neon... I mean it'd be like driving a Lancer or an Impreza for pete's sake... who would want to drive one of those econobox cars.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/25/06 11:00 PM
Originally posted by SVT Barge in 07:
Stupid econobox neon... I mean it'd be like driving a Lancer or an Impreza for pete's sake... who would want to drive one of those econobox cars.

LOL, yeah really.

Let's see:

Base/Upgrade

Neon- SRT4
Lancer- Evolution
Impreza- WRX/STi
Contour- SVT

The list goes on and on. Everything is relative.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Princess Tong Po:

i don't base my idea of an impressive car on speed alone. a really fast car can still be very unimpressive IMO, and the srt4 is a prime example of that.

I don't get what isn't impressive. Performance (both handling and acceleration), upgradeability, reliability, and cost are all good.
The looks aren't great, but if that's the kinda thing that is impressive to you, you might as well drive a VW.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 02:19 AM
The looks aren't great, but if that's the kinda thing that is impressive to you, you might as well drive a VW.

Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 02:25 AM

I don't get what isn't impressive. Performance (both handling and acceleration), upgradeability, reliability, and cost are all good.

build quality is above and beyond the most important thing to me. i've driven one of those srt4's y'all seem to be worshiping, and the interior was by far the worst i have seen in quite some time. cheap plastic feel to everything.

if driving a fast polished turd is what you are after, be all means go for the srt4

~Andrew
Posted By: RyeLou Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 02:26 AM

Oh, and mines faster.

I agree stock they aren't anything too special, but with $150 you can be at 275hp wheel horsepower. Keep in mind though that anyone who tells you a HP number on an SRT with a stock turbo, that number is just a spike number. They won't come close to holding that much power to redline. Until they get a turbo upgrade, it's almost impossible and wouldn't be suggested even if it wasn't.

I know what Stage 3 is. There are a few guys around me that have it actually. Stage 3 is very nice with its plug-and-play ability, but you definitly pay for that. The S3 turbo is very similar to the stock turbo with different wheels in it, amoung a few other things. The turbo I have is (in terms of the SRT) about 2 or 3 sizes above the S3 turbo. Each one is different, and size of the turbo doesn't necessarily have much to do with it. The guy you got a ride with won't have 345hp to the wheels unless he has at the very least full exhaust and an intake. With my mods, I'm sitting at about 360hp to the wheels (conservative guess) with only the injector size holding me back from upping the boost for more power.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Evo-Twin-red:
Originally posted by SVT Barge in 07:

LOL, yeah really.

Let's see:

Base/Upgrade

Neon- SRT4
Lancer- Evolution
Impreza- WRX/STi
Contour- SVT

The list goes on and on. Everything is relative.

hey wait, you forgot the GTI-R32!
oh wait, that's not that impressive. especially for 30 large..

all i know is if a well-modded srt4 can take a terminator, im pretty impressed. i was also really impressed by the PT turbos at the drag strip last time i went. if i could find an SRT4 for $10k right now id definitely buy one.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 05:11 AM
I like the SRT-4 because it is a typical Mopar product. They stick killer engines in mundane vehicles for less than the other guys, and ALWAYS succeed. Just think about all the sleepers they have made in the past.

The Dude, Duster 340 6-pack, Plymouth Fury, Super Bee, all those Lebaron GTC turbos, the old Turbovans, the Diplomats and Polaras you could get with 440 6-packs, the list goes on and on....

You could almost liken the Neon SRT-4 to being a modern interpretation of the musclecar. Just my .02.
Posted By: APT_dup1 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 11:11 AM
build quality is above and beyond the most important thing to me. i've driven one of those srt4's y'all seem to be worshiping, and the interior was by far the worst i have seen in quite some time. cheap plastic feel to everything.

FWIW, that's design/material quality, not build quality. The difference is significant.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 11:43 AM
Originally posted by APT:

FWIW, that's design/material quality, not build quality. The difference is significant.

then that's what i mean

~Andrew
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 01:41 PM

Yeap.

The interior is crap, but the build quality is good.

Better than say my mom's friend's 02 jetta that has needed a new MAF, window regulator, trunk lock, and maybe more.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 01:43 PM

Yeap.

The interior is crap, but the build quality is good.

Better than say my mom's friend's 02 jetta that has needed a new MAF, window regulator, trunk lock, and maybe more.

that's what she gets for buying a mk4

~Andrew
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 02:12 PM
I'd rather have a reliable car with a cheap interior than a car that it aesthecilly pleasing and broken down. unfortunatley the latter is more common with the newer VW's...
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: 2002 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 - 05/26/06 05:10 PM
Kinda like the difference between Ferraris and Porsches?
© CEG Archives