Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 03:50 AM
Just saw that tonight, really liked it. Alot of crazy political dialogue's which made the government seem like the bad guy. Anywho at the end of the movie, I wanted that mask

your thoughts?
Posted By: MxRacer Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 03:54 AM
Mr. T pity the foo who has to wear a mask. But if he had to, Mr. T wants this mask.

Posted By: Steeda. Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 04:38 AM
I loved it!!!

Thinking about getting that Mask on the Side of my New Moto scooter Helmet
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 05:07 AM
Mr. T is a crybaby getting eaten by a lion.

I'll probably wait til this movie is nearly out of the theater (as usual) before I see it.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 05:14 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Mr. T is a crybaby getting eaten by a lion.

I'll probably wait til this movie is nearly out of the theater (as usual) before I see it.

Kim the movie was tities!! I'll go see it again with you! we wont tell mike
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 06:19 AM
at first i really wanted to see it, but than i saw natalie portman was in it, so that lowered the need to see it, maybe ill check it out since you guys saying its good. Still not much idea of what the plot is.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 06:24 AM
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
at first i really wanted to see it, but than i saw natalie portman was in it, so that lowered the need to see it, maybe ill check it out since you guys saying its good. Still not much idea of what the plot is.

government is corrupt..this guy will de-corrupt it..hehe
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 07:17 AM
A surprisingly good flick. The Wackowski brothers have SLIGHTLY redeemed themselves... Good stuff.

--JamesT
Posted By: ToXrat3d Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 02:42 PM
i watched this thing on MTV about the movie and it made me wanna watch it even more...im going to prolly see it some time next weekend..it looks really good..
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: V For Vendetta - 03/19/06 02:51 PM
Yeah, looks good, I'll check it out.
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: V For Vendetta - 03/20/06 02:52 AM
i wanna see it. but probly wont until i can rent it.
Posted By: elraido Re: V For Vendetta - 03/20/06 04:15 AM
I really liked it as well. But, for what ever reason the main channel at the theater was quite and the surround speakers were VERY loud so I couldn't hear a good portion of the dialoge.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: V For Vendetta - 03/20/06 04:20 AM
If your curious the mask is supposed to resemble Guy Fawkes. He attempted to blow up Parliament and got caught. The British celebrate his failure every November 5th.

http://www.guy-fawkes.com/
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: V For Vendetta - 03/20/06 06:00 AM
I just got home from seeing it, and I must say it was AWESOME! That guy is such a BAMF.
Posted By: Matty K Re: V For Vendetta - 03/20/06 09:06 AM
I, too, really enjoyed it. A few Q's though....

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE. OR READ THEM. HELL, I DON'T CARE....

Did they ever explain the source of V's Count of Monte Cristo-like wealth? What was the significance of the flowers (was there any other than they're extinct and the actress in the cell next to him grew them)? OK, those were lame as far as spoilers go....
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: V For Vendetta - 03/20/06 09:16 PM
I too enjoyed the movie, kept me guessing and intellectually stimulated, which is pretty much all I ask for a good movie. Or if it's just an awesome action/guy flick, don't even try with the intellectual part, just gimme some explosions and great fight/gun/weapon/car scenes. The Transporter, par exemplar.

Now on to V, I liked it. I didn't really know what to think while watching it, as there was alot of subplot and punches at our current society, but that's the kind of freedom that makes this country great. I also cringed at the many resemblances to the Holocaust. But, that was part of the point of the movie. To take our current situation, turn up the extremity and fanatics a little bit, and see what could/would happen. To make an attempt at answering your question Matty,

MORE SPOILERS: DON'T READ!

I thought the flowers were because the sexually different girl in the cell next to him had those flowers when she was alive and happy in her apartment. I assume he learned of these flowers after getting out and researching her, which is where the painting and the rest of the "shrine" came from. As far as the wealth goes, I just thought he was a "proper" terrorist with slightly supernatural abilities. Hence the reason for his survival of the test virus and the fire. Also why he kicks some serious ass. From kicking such aforementioned ass, he attained many things, one of them being money.
Posted By: nofx198e5 Re: V For Vendetta - 03/20/06 10:53 PM
That movie was definetely the balls. I will probably go see it again (I do that a lot.) Anyway, the Wachoski (sp?) brothers did get a little bit more respect back from me, but if they try to make some shiz azz sequel I will be pissed off.

SPOILER WARNING!

They explained the wealth in the movie. She asked him how he got all that stuff. He said that he stole it from the government archives or something of the sort. I can't remember exactly but it was from some sort of government run storage place or museum.
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: V For Vendetta - 03/21/06 01:20 AM
I have a question, too:

*****SPOILER WARNING!!!*****

What was with all of those people in the crowd at the very end who were supposed to be dead (The little girl, the TV show host, the lady from the cell next to V, etc.)? Were they supposed to be spirits or something?
Posted By: Matty K Re: V For Vendetta - 03/21/06 01:41 AM
The end was just a montage-for-effect type thing... like, "V is all of these people."

Now, two qualms with the wealth and flowers: 1) They explained where he stole stuff from, but how could he afford to send masks to all of London and build his enormous house/simulated prison? 2) Flowers: The female doctor he injects says "I saw the flower; I knew it was one of yours." meaning he must have grown them before the fire in the facility.
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: V For Vendetta - 03/21/06 01:50 PM
V was really nothing more than a modern day Z.
Posted By: rouar Re: V For Vendetta - 03/25/06 07:55 AM
Wow .. quite an intellectual movie in the sort of sense that it made you think while watching but not afterward. I enjoyed it, although parts were not quite as straightforward as I'm used to.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: V For Vendetta - 03/25/06 03:08 PM
It was a good movie, but some parts were boring/long. Other than that, it's good
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: V For Vendetta - 03/25/06 03:14 PM
Good movie. I didn't like all the references to "Bush's War" and all that but what do you expect from anyone tied to Hollywood.
Other than that, thoughtfull and worth seeing it in the drive-in.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: V For Vendetta - 03/26/06 06:38 AM
Saw it in IMAX tonight, definitely good times.
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: V For Vendetta - 06/18/06 11:04 PM
Finally got around to seeing this today. Very well done. The ending kicks arse.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: V For Vendetta - 06/19/06 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Viss1:

LOL dammn way to bring an old thread back! yea this movie kicked arse!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: V For Vendetta - 06/19/06 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

Yeah, it was good but...thinking back on it all I can think of is Natalie Portman and wanting to... er I mean thinking she's a nice girl.
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: V For Vendetta - 06/20/06 05:15 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Yeah, it was good but...thinking back on it all I can think of is Natalie Portman and wanting to... er I mean thinking she's a nice girl.

The bald Natalie Portman or with hair?

BTW I'm talking about her head
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: V For Vendetta - 06/20/06 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVT:
Originally posted by warmonger:

The bald Natalie Portman or with hair?

BTW I'm talking about her head

Heh, I'd hit it either way.
Posted By: GilNewball Re: V For Vendetta - 06/20/06 11:12 PM
I also enjoy the spoofs for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9rzMaAucI4&search=c%20for%20cookie

Good for a country running rampant toward obesity.
© CEG Archives