Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GS474 the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 03:17 PM
starting to upset me

here

basicly if you were one of the first to jump on the hdtv bandwagon your screwed
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 03:22 PM
Originally posted by GS474:
starting to upset me

here

basicly if you were one of the first to jump on the hdtv bandwagon your screwed

That is just retarded...the know what happened with BETA and VHS...why even go thru this garbage!?
Posted By: elraido Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 03:28 PM
I was scared there for a mintue. Then I realized I have an HDMI connection on my tv. Even though it insn't being used because I have found like 2 dvd players that support it. one was a $70 cheapo at wallmart and another was a a $200 one at best buy. Can't I find one inbetween? But I Guess I should just wait for the ps3 to come out and get that instead.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 03:30 PM
I lost sleep last night over this. The man is always keeping me down.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 08:37 PM
The real kick in the nuts about this is its over nun other than the fear of piracy.
If iirc, the whole vhs/betta battle wasnt over piracy.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 08:43 PM
Originally posted by elraido:
I was scared there for a mintue. Then I realized I have an HDMI connection on my tv. Even though it insn't being used because I have found like 2 dvd players that support it. one was a $70 cheapo at wallmart and another was a a $200 one at best buy. Can't I find one inbetween? But I Guess I should just wait for the ps3 to come out and get that instead.

I have HDMI as well on my Sony HDTV. I went with the JSI unit that Sears sells. It is HD Upconverting and can be had for $70. No complaints so far from me.

Now only if my 7.1 reciever had an HDMI input/output

Posted By: jlanger_dup1 Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 08:58 PM
Well son of a biscuit, I have one of those older HDTV's that I bought before really thinking that HDMI was going to be the next big connection thing, I guess I thought that component connections would be good enough. Oh well, I've had my Samsung for about 3 years now and do really like it, the picture quality for DVD and Satellite (not HDTV, im waiting for the price of the HDTIVO to go down) was still worth getting it, I was choosing between buyng a nice 36" analog TV vs a 32" HD and decided that the smaller size was worth the extra picture quality, especially given my living arrangements at the time and even now with my house, so I guess I didn't get too screwed over. I just need to be a little more careful next time.
Posted By: Static Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 09:17 PM
if its 4x3 aspect ratio its not real HD anyways
Posted By: elraido Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/23/06 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Originally posted by elraido:

I have HDMI as well on my Sony HDTV. I went with the JSI unit that Sears sells. It is HD Upconverting and can be had for $70. No complaints so far from me.

Now only if my 7.1 reciever had an HDMI input/output

dito I was wondering about that on mine. Can you just hook up the HDMI cable from the dvd player or whatever you want to the tv and then run a seperate optical cable to the reciever?
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/24/06 07:07 AM
i find it quite amusing that HDTV was touted as going to be FREE! FREE! FREE! but the only time Ives een it for free is like some certain secial events like some of the olympics.
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/24/06 01:16 PM
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
i find it quite amusing that HDTV was touted as going to be FREE! FREE! FREE! but the only time Ives een it for free is like some certain secial events like some of the olympics.

Do you mean you thought it was going to be free over cable or satelite?
Posted By: GS474 Re: the whole blueray/hd-dvd is... - 02/24/06 02:15 PM
well there is a need for something that converts hdmi to component video now hope of of the company's see that need

Originally posted by loggerbomb:

Not sure about Canada, but in HD-equipped markets in the US all you need is the TV, a tuner, and an antenna.

Ahh, a return to the pre-cable glory days!
© CEG Archives